Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Kakkarot ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own them, but how I wish I did. I have no money. In fact, I am in debt.

KAKKAROT

Part 3

~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Kakkarot!" Vegeta exclaimed, "I've just tried to wish your brain damage away, but the Dragon said it can't undo it because your brain is not damaged. You better explain real fast before I damage it myself!"

That said Vegeta glared at the Saiyjin bowing before him. Vegeta was confused, and confusion only led the Prince to one emotion. Anger. For years he and Kakkarot had built an odd friendship based on intense sparring sessions, defending the earth, raising their families, and the premise that Kakkarot was Goky Son, brain damaged baka who had forgotten his Saiyjin self. Now, it turns out, he had never forgotten, only lied to everyone he knew. He lied to his wife, his two sons, the Namak, the foolish earthling fighters who were his friends, and, most importantly, Kakkarot lied to his own Prince. Oh Vegeta was furious. No one lied to him. Vegeta was holding his fury in check only because he was somewhat fascinated by what Kakkarot had accomplished. Everyone loved him. Everyone followed his lead and his advice. Never before had a Saiyjin been held in such esteem by a weaker race. Of course, weaker raced seldom survived a Saiyjin. Vegeta wanted to know what was going on.

"Well Kakkarot, stand up and explain yourself." Vegeta snapped at the still silent Saiyjin.

Kakkarot stood and meekley looked at his Prince, then he shocked Vegeta by dropping all of his walls and for the first time showed his true self to another. He smirked at Vegeta and let the blood lust shine in his eyes.

"Gomen Ouji, I'm just not sure where I should begin."

"Begin by telling me why you lied to all of them."

"Well, that is easy. I liked this planet. It is full of life. I was going to kill everything right off the bat, but the man who found me, Grandpa Gohan, was so kind and I was a bit curious. I was a pain, but he fed me. I never knew such wonderful food existed. When I fell and bumped my head, I did not hurt myself. Instead, a wonderful idea came to me. If I pretended to be like these earthlings, I could stay here and keep this planet all for myself. Perhaps it was not the best plan, but I really did not want to destroy a race that seemed so similar to my own. They only lacked tails, ki and blood lust. This race could match our brute strength with their ingenuity and technology." Kakkarot explained.

"When you arrived, I did not know what to do. I may have been playing dumb but I have always been loyal to you . Remember when you, Nappa and Radditz came here? Only you survived. I did not show mercy, I only made sure my prince survived."

"When I learned of Frieza, I had to defend this planet, it is my home, but I also fought for my people. I am no traitor, Vegeta-sama. I have only grown to appreciate this planet. I chose the most powerful woman here as my mate. We had a child together. Gohan was a very strong child too. We can breed with these humans, so I accepted my family. I had no way to return home, to Vegetasi, and no one was coming after me. Had I destroyed everyone, I would have been alone. I was ranked third class, a nobody, and I was abandoned. What was I to do?"

Vegeta looked at the Kakkarot. He was thinking about everything the Saiyjin had just said to him. In a way, Kakkarot was right. He was a full grown adult with a child before anyone came looking for him. Had their planet not been destroyed, that may not have proven to be the case, but Vegeta knew that many third class babies that were sent off world were never recovered. This was all somewhat acceptable to Vegeta, but the baka had lied to him.

"You lied to me Kakkarot. I am your prince and you lied to me. Why?"

"Vegeta-sama, you are right. I lied to you . It is unforgivable. I was afraid that if I let you know the truth, you be angry at me. I did not want that, and I did not want anyone to know the truth. Everyone would have turned their backs on me, thinking me a dirty Saiyjin. I believed you would have turned your back on me too. I could not have bared to be alone. Perhaps that is not the Saiyjin way, but I grew accustomed to having people around me. You have always been, special to me, Vegeta-sama and I could not stand it if I lost you."

That said Kakkarot returned his gaze to the ground and awaited Vegetas reaction.