Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Kakkarot ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Kakkarot!

Part 5

By: Rebs

Archive: It's on FF.Net If you have a page and want to archive any of my fics, just ask me.

Pairings: None as yet

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THIS. IT IS ONLY A STORY FOR ENTERTAINMENT. DON'T SUE ME OR I WILL HAVE VEGETA FINAL FLASH YOU'RE A$$!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LAST TIME

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hai, Kakkarot no Baka, I should hate you. However, I don't and I don't know why. Tomorrow, you will tell everyone. Meet me at Capsule Corps tomorrow afternoon. Until then, do not bother me. I'm locking myself in the gravity room and I need to think a lot about things." With that Vegeta took off towards Capsule Corps and Kakkarot was left thinking about what he was going to say to everyone he know the following day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PART 4

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a beautiful day. The sun was shining, the birds were chirping and caterers were setting up a fewst at Capsule Corp. Trunks and Bra Briefs, the children of Prince Vegeta and his Late wife, Bulma Briefs, were overseeing everything. The day before, their father informed them that there was to be a gathering, though he would not tell them what the occasion was, only that Goku (well, Vegeta had called him Kakkarot) was to be the guest of honor. 'It must be something big,' thought Trunks 'if father wants people socializing around him.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MEANWHILE AT SON GOKU'S HOME

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Goten watched as his father, Son Goku (or so Goten thought) paced around the house wearing nothing but a pair of orange gi pants. Goten, who was dressed in black jeans with a dark green, short sleeved silk shirt, was ready to go to the Capsule Corp. gathering where, according to Trunks, his father, Goku, was to be the guest of honor.

"Dad?"

"Hai, Goten?"

"So, uh, what's up? Are you going to get ready to go soon? You are the guest of honor after all, how would it look if you showed up late to the party?" Upon seeing the color drain from his fathers' face, Goten asked, "What's wrong Dad? Are you nervous? Everyone going to the party is a friend or family member, so you have nothing to worry about, we all love you."

With those words, Goten saw a look of utter shame cross his fathers normally carefree face before he looked down.

"Dad, what's going on?"

Kakkarot stared at the floor for several minutes , hoping that Goten would just forget about what he had asked. That hope went out the window when his youngest son cleared his throat and repeated his question.

Goten watched as his father sighed in defeat and slowly lifted his head to look his son in the eyes. Goten stood speechless, staring in shock at the various emotions that crossed his fathers face. Those emotions being sadness, anger, and disappointment.

"After today, Goten, none of you will love me." Kakkarot said in an uncharacteristically emotionless voice. "I am not the guest of honor today, Goten, I have no honor. After tonight none of you will believe in me again, but there is something I want you to know right ow, son. I love you and Gohan. Wrong or right, everything I have done has been for my freedom and my family." That said, Kakkarot walked to his room to shower and dress for Vegeta's 'party'. "Go ahead to Capsule Corp. Goten. I'll meet you there." He said to his still stunned son before closing the bedroom door to prepare.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BACK AT CAPSULE CORP

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Goten." Trunks smiled and greeted his best friend as he arrived. "What's wrong Goten?" Trunks asked hi abnormally quiet friend.

"I'm not sure, Trunks. Dad is acting kind of funny. He says everyone is going to hate him and that he has no honor. I wish I knew what was going on with him."

"You will know soon enough Spawn of Kakkarot." Vegeta's voice broke in.

"What do you mean?" Goten asked as he spun around to look at Vegeta. He only found air, for Vegeta was already gone.

TO BE CONTINUED…

Next time the party starts and the guest of (dis)honor arrives