Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Unlikely Bond ❯ Reunion ( Chapter 11 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ or any of the characters! If I did, the anime would never end and GT would have never happened!

Story notes: This takes place ten years after the Buu saga. The only differences I can think of is that the whole thing with the world tournament in the last episode never happened and Goku didn't leave to train Uub. I wouldn't count on anything from the movies being part of this story's time line either, 'cause I haven't seen them all and they usually don't fit into the show's time line anyway. Especially that Broly crap. Vegeta cried through, like, that whole movie! That certainly didn't happen in this story....but, that's a different rant altogether. Hope you enjoy!

PLEASE heed warning in story description!! If you missed it, this story is not for children! It is also not for people who do not like stories that contain elements of violence, strong language, adult situations, references to sex and sexual activity between men and women, and men and other men. As it sits right now, there are no extremely graphic depictions of any sex act, but, you never, never know....



Unlikely Bond

Chapter 11
Reunion


General Horenz stared in shock for a moment at the warrior before him. His men had told him of how the King had reached such an incredible state of power during the fight and had claimed to be Super Saiyan, but with the ki inhibitors and the anesthesia potion that they had developed, he never thought he would be standing face to face with one of ‘the legendary’. And a really angry one at that.

Goku was on him in an instant. He was a good half foot shorter than the general, but the way Goku grabbed hold of the others arms, and twisted, forced the general to his knees.

“How dare you!” Goku raged. He was so angry, so enraged now with the energy pulsing through him, he didn’t know exactly what he wanted to do. He wanted to start punching and punch until there was nothing left beneath his fist except blood and the metal floor. But while his physical form demanded retribution, his heart demanded answers. “How could you do this?! Why?!”

Horenz grimaced under the pain of Goku’s grip. He glanced around the room, looking in vain for assistance, but he couldn’t ignore those intense aqua eyes.

Goku gave one harsh shake that snapped the generals head back to look at him. He deserved an answer, damnit.

“What did we ever do to you!?” Goku snapped. “What gives you the right to treat people this way, huh!?”

“Being the highest ranking officer left of the Saiyan people, that is what gives me the right!” Horenz spat back. “It is my duty to return our people to their former glory!”

“How could you make that assumption for yourself!? Vegeta is your Prince! How could you treat him with so little respect!?”

Horenz sneered coldly.

“Vegeta is nothing but a traitorous whore of the Aisujin! It is blasphemous that royal blood runs in his veins when - “

His statement was cut short by Goku’s growl before he was thrown across the room. The force breached the integrity of the wall and sent the general skidding into the next chamber. Goku was right behind him, pulling the older Saiyan back into his vice-like grip.

“Don’t you ever speak of him that way again!” he demanded. “How dare you speak ill of anyone when you would... When you would threaten such unspeakable harm to children!”

Horenz spat the blood out of his mouth and sucked in a labored breath.

“There is no price too high to pay for the rebirth of the Saiyan people! If the King was a worthy Saiyan he would not have needed to be coerced.” he smiled at Goku in a way that made the younger Saiyan’s stomach turn. “Of course, it didn’t take too much coercion. You realize as King it is within his right to take you anytime it pleases him - ”

The motion was so fast, Horenz was not aware of it until he crashed head first into the next wall. His vision turned red as blood poured from a large gash to his forehead.

Goku pulled the man up by the shirt, his hands shaking with rage. With one solid back-hand, he sent the general hurling into a nearby table causing it to overturn and snap under the force. Horenz managed to roll over and onto his feet before Goku had him once again in his grasp.

“You had no right!!” Goku shouted. “Vegeta is not like that! You threatened our children! What could....I.....we...” fury began to cloud his mind and cinch his vocabulary, not to mention his ability to produce a coherent thought.

Goku hauled the man to his knees. He stared down at the general, his first raised back ready to strike. He could end it in one single punch. One punch through skin and bone and his dignity would be avenged.

Slowly, Goku lowered his hand and steadily let out the breath he now realized he had been holding. No, he could not kill in cold blood. He would not end the life of someone so much weaker to soothe his pride. He had said so himself. Revenge would not take back what had happened.

“I want to warn you,” Goku spoke lowly, trying to steady his voice. “If you ever have the misfortune of meeting me again I will not be so lenient. I will show you what the Saiyan’s are truly capable of,” he narrowed his eyes and raised his hand again to nock the general out of consciousness. “And you can share the information will all of your friends in Hell.”


~~~~~~~~~~


Trunks starred at the radar screen. He couldn’t believe this was happening. It had been near sixty eight hours and they hadn’t had one trace of his father or Goku. Could it be that the radar wasn’t working as well as they hoped? Had the Saiyan’s already vacated this part of the system by now? Or.....was it something worse...?

He sighed, leaning his head on his hand. There were a million things that he wanted to say to his father that he might never get the chance to now. Mainly, that he wanted Vegeta to know how much he admired him, respected him. Loved him.

Vegeta had always, for as long as Trunks could remember, claimed to his mother that he was not father material. That he didn’t know how to interact with the children or play with them. But Trunks thought he was a great father, in the best way that he knew how. And he was there for them. As much as he claimed that he wasn’t cut out to be a dad, he had stayed with them. There were plenty of kids his age that couldn’t say that about their fathers.

Gohan stood from his seat, stretching his tired muscles. He glanced over to Piccolo. The namekian had been meditating for the past ten hours, at least. He moved closer to the green-skinned warrior and sat down at his side. Piccolo opened one eye and turned it toward his former student.

“Anything?” Gohan whispered. Piccolo shook his head slowly in remorse.

“No. Their ki is way to low....if they have any left at all.”

Gohan looked down at his hand, as he nervously tapped his fingers together.

“I’m sorry, Gohan.” Gohan shrugged.

“I guess I should be used to it by now, huh?” he said, his voice laced with uncomfortable laughter. “What would this be, the third time.....fourth?” Piccolo didn’t answer. They sat in silence together for a moment.

“Whoa!!”

Piccolo and Gohan looked up at Trunks’ exclamation and quickly jumped to their feet when the lavender haired youth began to furiously punch the controls.

“What is it!?”

“It’s Goku.” Piccolo replied. Gohan turned to him, eyes wide with happy surprise.

“Dad?”

“Hang on.” Trunks ordered as he propelled the ship into high speed. Gohan slipped into the navigation chair next to the teen and examined the radar. The were quickly approaching the blinking orange dot that was his father.

“I can feel him now...” he breathed in awe, looking up to Piccolo. “...the power....” Piccolo nodded.

“He’s furious...”

Trunks shook his head, his mouth pulling into a smirk.

“No, he’s pissed.”

It took about ten minutes of flight time before they were within visual range of the ship which contained Goku’s ki signature. The three starred in disbelief.

The ship was old. Almost the same style as the one that once carried Gohan, Krillin and Bulma to Namek all those years ago. Several places of the ship showed battle damage and where crude repairs had been made.

Trunks wrinkled his nose as his eyes took in the scene before him. Incredulously, he spoke.

“My papa was kidnapped by space homeless?”

“We should not underestimate,” Piccolo stated, ignoring the child’s remark. “Remember, they defeated Goku and Vegeta at once.”

Trunks was still shaking his head.

“Papa is going to be so mad...”


~~~~~~~~~~


Vegeta moved with incredible speed through the halls of the ship. He may not have his ki, but he still has his training. Up ahead, he heard the sounds of battle and came to a skidding halt at the juncture of the path. He peered around the corner, seeing two Saiyan guards giving Daikkon a serious run for his money.

Vegeta pulled back and leaned against the wall as he weighed his options. He couldn’t try to engage anyone in battle, as he currently still only had the strength of a human. He would have to leave the loyal Saiyan to his own devices. Without a sound, Vegeta pushed from the wall and sped down the corridor in the opposite direction. He came to a halt in front a windowed room with a glass door. It appeared to be some sort of infirmary or lab. As he approached the door, it slid open automatically.

The prince moved inside, inspecting the items that were set out on the counters and trays. He reached out, his fingers closing over what looked like a rudimentary scalpel.

His mouth set in determination, Vegeta crossed the room to a small sink with a mirror hanging above it. He stopped for a moment and scrutinized his reflection.

He looked like shit.

The crease in his forehead seemed impossibly deep, blood was drying on his lip and he really needed to shave.

He brought his hand up to the mirror, giving it a solid punch square in the middle. A spider wed of cracks burst from beneath his first. He pulled back and punched again, lighter this time, dislodging several pieces into the sink below. He picked up one of the larger pieces and turned to view his back in the mirror he held in his hand. He set the scalpel down and ran his fingers over his neck, locating the tiny lump just beneath the skin. Keeping an eye on the mirror behind him with the mirror in his hand, Vegeta brought the sharp tool to his neck. He took a deep breath.

With one quick jab, Vegeta dug the edge of the scalpel into his own flesh, twisting it to the side. Pain radiated from the wound and he could feel the warm drizzle of blood down his back. He ignored the feeling, using the tool to probe for the small device that was attacking his ki. He felt metal hit metal and quickly turned the scalpel, driving the foreign object from his body.

The power welled up within him like a glorious intake of breath to a drowning man. He looked down at his hand, and the golden light that emanated from his skin. He had only a moment to admire his strength before he was alerted to a shocking feeling.

“Trunks...” he breathed.

An explosion rocked the ship, nearly bringing the prince down in it’s suddenness. He steadied himself . Trunks’ energy was with Gohan’s and the Namek’s.

Reinforcements had arrived.

Not that he needed them, of course.

Vegeta took one last look around the room. He moved over to the tables that held many beakers, tubes and wires. He held up one hand and let the energy from his palm smash everything into miniscule pieces. Liquid rushed down from the counters and over the floors. Vegeta smirked.

He turned from the room and moved with renewed confidence down the hall, not bothering with stealth this time. He welcomed an encounter.

The ship lurched again from another impact. Vegeta’s smirk became almost a smile.

*That’s my boy...*

Vegeta felled every Saiyan that crossed his path and beat down every door that he came across. Finally, he came to the one he had been looking for. When the guards were dispatched and the door removed, Vegeta stepped into the room.

Goten jumped to his feet.

“Vegeta!” He exclaimed. “Kami! I knew you would get it!!”

“Yes, you are a genius.” Vegeta remarked dryly, crossing the room to the bed. He stopped at the bedside and looked down at the blue haired angel sleeping there. Carefully, he slipped his hands under the sleeping child and pulled her into his arms. Cradling her to his chest, he turned to Goten. “Stay behind me, boy.” he instructed.

Goten nodded, following behind the Saiyan prince. Vegeta was back to stealth mode, holding his daughter protectively.

Another blast, this one closer by, sent the two skidding toward the wall as the ship lurched. Smoke billowed into the corridor. Bulla gave an annoyed groan in her sleep and pressed her face into her father’s chest. Vegeta heard Goten’s sharp exhale of relief when the figures silhouetted by the smoke came into clearer view.

“Trunks! Gohan!”

Trunks smiled broadly, rushing to greet them.

“I’m so glad you're alright!” he stated.

“You had doubts?” Vegeta mumbled, holding out Bulla and maneuvering her into her older brothers arms. Bulla grimaced and curled closer to Trunks.

“Of course not..” Trunks shook his head. But, boy, his father looked as though he had seen better days.

“Listen to me,” Vegeta spoke to them, pulling Goten by his arm to stand next to Gohan. “Take them back to the ship. I’m going to find Kakkarot. If he finds you first, fine, if not; we will meet you. Got it?”

Trunks nodded.

“Vegeta, are you sure you don’t want help from me or Piccolo?” Gohan asked.

“No. I want you and Piccolo to take these children safely back to the ship and STAY THERE until Kakkarot and I meet you. Now go!”

Trunks was already turning to leave, Goten in tow. Gohan nodded and he and Piccolo left with them when Vegeta turned and sprinted off in the opposite direction.

“Here, this way!” Gohan call to them, pushing past and leading them to the ship. When the reached the dock where they had attached their capsule pod, they ran into Goku.

“Dad!” Gohan and Goten exclaimed in unison, rushing to their father.

“Hi, guys!” he replied happily, yet wearily all at the same time. Goten clung to his dad while Gohan merely clapped him heartily on the arm. His father looked exhausted, sweaty and he had blood on his shoulder and hands.

“Dad, follow us. Our ship is this way.” Gohan told him. Goku was hesitant.

“Where is Vegeta? He was just with you, right?”

“He went to find you, but when he senses your ki with us now, he will come back this way.” Gohan explained. “He told his to wait for him.”

Goku unclasped Goten’s hands from his waist.

“Look, I have to go get someone. I will meet up with Vegeta unless he comes this way first.” Piccolo frowned.

“We need to get moving, Goku. We can’t give them time to form an organized retaliation.”

“I’ll be quick.”

Goku gave a smile to Goten and squeezed his arm affectionately before turning back down the corridor.

He stretched out with his ki, searching the ship. He really didn’t know exactly what he was looking for, but he knew he couldn’t leave just yet.

Daikkon was coming with them.

He rushed down the hallways. The battles he encountered were few and far between. It seemed that the remaining crew was taking care of whatever damage Trunks and company inflicted when they arrived. That was certainly Vegeta’s boy...

Goku came to a skidding halt. Daikkon was lying on the floor unconscious. Goku kneeled at his side. He shook the other Saiyan carefully, trying to rouse him. He welcomed any sound he made as a positive testament to life, even though it was a groan.

“Hey,” Goku spoke happily as Daikkon blinked the larger Saiyan into focus. “Hey, wake up! We’re gettin’ out of here.”

Daikkon drew his brows together, his eyes narrowing as Goku helped him to his feet.

“What?” he asked in disbelief, as though maybe this was a figment of his head injury.

“Leaving.” Goku said simply. “Us.”

“You are taking me with you?”

Goku smiled.

“I wouldn’t dream of leaving you behind. Come on.”

Daikkon followed as Goku turned to leave. He felt his breath hitch in his throat upon seeing the bloody mess at the back of Goku’s neck.

“What the -”

“Oh,” Goku spoke, continuing to move back toward the docking bays. “Vegeta. He’s nothing if not resourceful.”

“Oh...”

“Here we are.” Goku lead him through the airlock and into the ship where his sons and friends were waiting. The group looked a bit shocked to see the other Saiyan. “Don’t worry!” Goku announced. “This is our friend, Daikkon!” He changed subjects sharply and continued. “Vegeta is not here yet?”

“I’m here, Kakkarot.” The entire assembly turned as the prince in question sauntered through the airlock, his arms folded over his chest and a smirk on his face. “I see you have been picking up strays.”

Goku nodded, smiling. Trunks addressed them.

“Hold on, everyone! I’m taking us home!”

Vegeta shut the ships door, sealing it into place for space travel. Piccolo moved to stand at his side, curious by the Saiyan’s expression.

“Where did you go?” he asked casually. Vegeta’s smirk grew a little wider.

“Nowhere important.” He assured the Namekian, his eyes flashing slightly. “Just keeping a promise...”


~~~~~~~~~~

Bulma sat at her desk in the lab, her head propped up on one hand while she doodled on a sheet of blank blueprint paper. What could be keeping them? The ship and the radar were working fine, weren’t they?

Trunk’s last radio transmission was right before she went to bed the night before. He had smiled at her and assured her that they would find Vegeta and Bulla “Any time now”. But, she saw the concern in his eyes.

Irritated, she pressed the pencil hard against the paper until the lead snapped. If anything happened to her little girl...

But, she trusted Vegeta to make sure that nothing did. Sure, he liked to shout and grumble that he didn’t care one way or the other about the ‘brats’, they were his brats and he would protect them. Vegeta had always been a man of contradictions between actions and words when it came to the softer emotions. He never said that he loved them....but she could see it in his eyes. When he thought she wasn’t looking, of course.

Pulling a cigarette from the pack, she brought it to her lips and let it dangle there without the energy to light it. Her nerves were fraying so badly, she wasn’t so sure the cure would be a little nicotine to the lungs.

But, old habits....

She snapped open the lighter and lit her cigarette, taking a deep drag. Vegeta hated her smoking as much as she hated him training in the GR non-stop. Funny, she realized, that she had never made an effort to stop... She pulled the cigarette from her lips and watched the smoke curl from the tip. Maybe she should try...

She took another puff. Now was a bad time to think about quitting.

“Mom? Are you there?”

Bulma pushed away from the desk, propelling herself in her office chair over to the communication terminal. Quickly, she initiated the connection.

“Trunks! Honey, did you -” he broke in before she could finish.

“We’re on our way home, mom, all of us.” Bulma smiled, feeling as though her mouth couldn’t stretch any further.

“How is Bulla? Is she okay?”

Trunks nodded. His eyes were bloodshot and dark from lack of sleep, but shone with happiness and he smiled in return.

“Yeah, slept through most of it.” he replied. “She woke up long enough to tell me she didn’t want to sleep in one of the ship cots, but she’s well.” Bulma nodded.

“Goten, too?”

“I’m fine, Auntie B!” she heard from the boy in question.

“Good...good. So, Goku and your father...?”

Trunks shrugged.

“A little battle damage, but nothing I don’t think they have already been through.”

Vegeta frowned when he heard the boy’s comment. But, he was glad that he didn’t know the truth.

“Well! You tell everyone there will be a homecoming banquet waiting for them!” Bulma announced. “I’m calling Chi Chi and Videl right now! When is you ETA?”

Trunks reviewed the control panel.

“About....twenty three hours, if we push it, mom...” he replied with a solemn voice.

“Until we get home!?” Trunks and most of the others turned to Goku’s exclamation. He had just emerged from the ships bathroom facility where he had been showering. “That’s a whole day from now!”

Trunks grimaced and shrugged.

“I can’t get any more power out of this capsule than what I am right now. We have been out here for several days...”

Goku frowned, but it changed quickly into a smile.

“Can the ship pilot home on it’s own?” he asked. Trunks nodded.

“Yes. It has a auto return pilot. Why?”

“’Cause I’m ITing us home!” Goku exclaimed. “Who’s first!?”

Trunks turned back to the video panel and his mom’s face.

“Change in plans, mom.” he told her. “You might want to start that banquet ASAP.”

Bulma squealed with delight and clapped her hands.

“I’m on top of it. See you soon!”

“Very soon.” Trunks stated before the transmission ended. He turned to Goku. “How many can you take at once.”

Goku shrugged as he considered.

“Well...I’m not feelin’ so hot, so, two or three. So we can do it in...three.... or four trips?”

“Dad,” Gohan spoke up. “Are you sure you can IT at this distance? Is there anyone of earth who’s ki is strong enough to read from here, I mean...” he looked around the ship’s cabin. “Who is left?”

Goku smiled.

“I can feel Krillin’s ki. And if I try real hard, I can feel Roshi’s too. So,” he looked at those assembled. “If you all don’t mind a layover at the Kame house...?”

“I just want to go home!” Goten announced happily. Goku nodded.

“Kame house it is.”


~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: The story is far, far from over folks. This is really just the begining. Again, I don't have a beta reader, and I read this myself maybe six huindred thousand times. Let me know if I should have went for six hundred thousand and one. Thank you to everyone who is staying with this story. I hope you enjoy where it goes. I know there is a certain level of predictability, but I hope you like my spin on it. Thanks again to eveyone who has reviewed. Ya'll make this extra enjoyable for me! - B
A/N2: If anyone would like to be my beta reader, please email me and let me know! ^-^