Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Unnatural ❯ Chapter 9: Lights, Camera, Action! ( Chapter 9 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

AN: Wow, that took a lot longer than I expected, but I've ran into some problems and I've been posting them on my blog on my site… So check it out there to stay updated. Another jump in the time line. Why not, I say! I think this chapter is going to be a mix up of cuteness and angsty-ness.
I have place a Fan Art Survey on my site because I received an offer from a reader who wants to draw a scene from Book I. If you could, please take a moment to fill out what you would like to see drawn from Unnatural. Once the scene is drawn, it'll be placed on my site under the Photo Gallery Tab (Fan Art Gallery). I will also list what scene is being drawn, so look out for it! Or, if you'd like to draw something, please submit your work via my submission form!
REVIEW THANKS TO: Miss Katrina Malfoy, Shiningheart of ThunderClan, TheRebelx3, aangfan, Supersaiyan2479, caityuva12, mossgrl615, Shirochan21, preciousjade76, Trixie-chan, lell (if I spelled your name wrong or forgot to add someone, I apologize!)
DISCLAIMER: Shhh… Be very, very quiet… I'm hunting DBZ characters!
WARNING: This story is Rated M for sexual content, adult themes and language. If you are offended by sexual themes or any reference to sex, adult themes, or the use of profane language; this story is not for you! You have been warned!
…And onto the story…
Through the Looking Glass Book I: Unnatural
Chapter 9: Light's, Camera, Action!
“Come on, babe! At least turn so I can get a good view of you!”
Bulma huffed and stayed turned towards the wall. “No, Yamcha! Put that ridiculous camera away!” She yelled back. For the last week, Yamcha had been trying to follow her around with the new video camera he recently purchased. The moment she first saw it, she immediately was against the idea. He wanted to film her pregnancy, but she had repetitively explained that the idea was ridiculous.
But he was being persistent and to be perfectly honest, she liked the attention.
At three months pregnant, Bulma's small bulge had grown to a smooth roundness. It was as if her stomach grew overnight. Yamcha called it `pregnancy on steroids' and laughed at her expression. When Bulma had went to her first ultrasound, the doctor had told her that she was progressing at a rather fast pace. But being a genius, she figured it was because her baby was a demi Saiya-jin. It was instances like this where she wished Vegeta had stayed. She had no clue how long a Saiya-jin pregnancy lasted or how this would affect hers.
Yamcha enjoyed the fast growth, much to her displeasure.
When the time came to dress, she had found that the clothes that had recently fit perfectly were becoming snuggly tight.
She was pissed. When her mother had mentioned materinity clothing, Bulma gasped in horror. Maternity clothing—in her eyes—was just a sign of admitting you were fat, and she was most definitely not going to admit she was getting fat. Call her denial, but she loved her clothing and refused to wear something baggy.
Bulma turned her body again when Yamcha attempted to catch a side view of her stomach and nearly busted out laughing at his disappointed expression.
“Try all you want, Yamcha, but you're not going to succeed!”
He frowned at her statement and backed away, camera still in hand. Then, as an idea struck him, he smirked devilishly, and lowered the camera, pretending to turn it off. “All right, you win, B,” he said as sincerely as possible, even slipping in a bit of disappointment in his voice.
Bulma hesitated when he gave up. It was too easy. He had been at it all week with that damned camera and now he surrendered? But he sounded so disappointed. Maybe… After giving it a bit of thought, Bulma slowly turned around to face him only to watch as the camera flashed up from his side. She growled while he grinned like an idiot.
“Gotcha!” Yamcha screamed victoriously as he zoomed in on her bulging stomach. “Look at you, Miss Preggers!”
She blushed and crossed her arms, finally giving in as he recorded her. Truth be told, ever since she had started to grow out of her old clothing, she had became extremely self conscious of her body, even though she was praised by others on how well her body was accepting her pregnancy. It still didn't help much.
“Could you please put that damn thing away?” Bulma yelled as she threw a hand up to swat at the camera.
Yamcha effortless blocked her attempts and chuckled. “Come on, we need to record this for keepsake! Don't you want any type of records of your pregnancy? Any memories?”
“I will! I'll have a little me running around!”
He rolled his eyes and followed her as she walked away from him. “Yeah, well, I'm sure that little you is going to be pretty curious in the future.”
Bulma scoffed. “Then I'll just answer her questions! Simple as that!”
Yamcha stopped following her, a brow raised at her choice of words. “Her?”
She turned and faced him, only several feet away, and scowled when she saw the camera still in hand and pointed directly at her. “Yeah, her!”
“You think it's a girl?”
Bulma nodded.
“Well what if it's a boy?”
When she shrugged and said nothing, he rolled his eyes at her. So stubborn! He thought when he saw her turn and walk away again.
“I will get you on film! This will be shown to that kid some day!” He yelled down the hall to her retreating form.
All he got in return was the finger.
oOo
Bulma peered around the corner of the hall. For the last few days she had been able to avoid Yamcha and his stupid camera, but only because she locked herself in her lab and refused to come out except for meals and to go to bed. She couldn't understand why it was so important for him to record her. Truth be told, it was starting to become a little annoying. Sure, she liked the attention, but she could only take so much. And Bulma Briefs always dealt with people and cameras.
Thankfully, the paparazzi had yet to get wind of her pregnancy, although, tabloids continued to print ridiculous topics about her sudden disappearance from the public. When she read one, she rolled her eyes towards the sky and muttered a few colorful curses before throwing the magazine in the trash. Why her mother continued to buy them was still a mystery to her. They both knew what those people wrote was completely untrue, but apparently, that didn't stop her mother from gushing over the latest gossip.
Bulma continued to hug the wall as she walked down the corridor, her eyes constantly looking every which way for a man with a camera. The halls felt eerie and no one was around, which was unusual. Normally, several employees of CC filled the hall, but today, she was completely alone.
This was not a good sign.
Where is everybody?
Bulma quickened her pace, the feeling in her gut telling her something was up, but she didn't know what. Then she passed a cracked door and curiosity got the best of her when she saw a shadow go by. She peered through the crack, but saw nothing but an empty room.
Thinking it was her imagination, Bulma walked away from the door, her stomach growling. With avoiding Yamcha and planning her new project, she lost track of time, and it was well past dinner. Making her way to the doorway leading to the main living quarters of the building, Bulma never noticed the figure approaching her from behind. She went to swipe her ID badge when a hand gripped her shoulder, causing her to screech, turn, and start kicking away at the offender.
“Bulma! Bulma stop!”
Looking down, Bulma gasped, a hand flying to cover her mouth at the person now lying on the floor before her.
“Yamcha, you jerk! You know how easily scared I can get!”
Yamcha lay there, both hands held up, ready to defend off another attack if need be, in one hand, his camera was held, completely unharmed and already recording. He watched as her eyes flew to the offending object and they narrowed dangerously.
“Are you recording me?”
He just smiled, and instead of rising to his feet, he pointed the camera up at her and said, “This is what your mother does to her poor friends! Be warned kid! She can be evil!”
Bulma gasped, her hands flying to her stomach.
“Yeah, well… You're Uncle is a womanizer, so stay away from him!” And at his gasp, Bulma smirked victoriously before throwing open the door behind her and left him to lay there.
oOo
Bulma sat at her desk, her head held in the palm of her hand as she clicked her mouse repeatedly to scroll down the webpage. She knew she had plenty of time to shop, but the excitement she had been feeling wouldn't go away. She was having a baby!
And she wanted a nursery, dammit!
The page loaded, showing premade nursery themes and Bulma sighed. Currently, she was still hooked on the idea of having a little girl, but Yamcha's words kept echoing in her mind. What if she was having a boy? It would make things so much easier if she knew the sex of her child!
Bulma exited the website and shut her computer down. So far, the themes were cliché and boring. Animals, letters, unicorns, butterflies, and little automobiles were the most popular theme. But it was not good enough for her child. She wanted something different. Something… unique! Her baby was unique; the nursery would be unique as well.
She stood from the computer desk and gathered the baby catalogue she had previously been reading before leaving the room entirely. The only people she knew whom had been through this were her mother and Chi-Chi, but she refused to budge on asking for help.
Chi-Chi doesn't know I'm pregnant, yet… Oh Kami.
Bulma sat at her kitchen table and flipped open the book. She sighed as she turned from page to page, the nursery themes dull and ordinary. Then, she stiffened as a flash of light brightened her vision and she turned to find her mother standing not too far behind her, a camera held in her hand.
“Oh my Kami, mom! Not you too!”
Bunny giggled. “What, darling? It's just a picture of you looking through your books!”
Bulma rolled her eyes. “That's not the point!” She exclaimed as she began to gather her variety of baby catalogues. “Yamcha has been following me around for the last week with his damn video camera and I've about had it!”
“But, Bulma dear. You're having a baby, it's worth recording!”
She turned to her mother, exasperated. “I'm around cameras all the time. Facing them at home doesn't help!” Bulma nearly growled when she heard her mother giggle again. She racked a hand through her messy hair, then took a deep breath and sat down with a huff.
“Okay,” Bunny started with a bright smile. “I can see you're stressing. So I'll just put the camera away… for now.” She sat the camera down on the table and sat next to her daughter.
Bulma nodded and muttered a quiet thank you before turning back to her books. Out of the corner of her eyes, she saw her mother peer at them curiously.
“Sweetie, why are you looking at nurseries so early?”
She shrugged. “I just wanted to get a jump start on the process, that's all.”
“But, you don't even know what you're having! Don't you think you should wait another two months?”
“No, at the rate this is going, I'll be giving birth at six months instead of nine. I want my nursery.”
Bunny just shook her head and placed a hand on her daughter's large stomach, rubbing it gently. “Just because your pregnancy is different doesn't mean you should rush. You don't even know the sex of your baby yet. I would hate for you to already have built your nursery for the wrong sex and have to change it at the last minute.”
Bulma sighed, knowing her mother was right, but not wanting to admit it. She felt Bunny pat her stomach before she stood.
“I'm going to be in the garden if you need me, love.”
Just as she was about to leave, Bulma rotated in her chair, and called out to her mother.
“Wait, Mom!”
Bunny stopped as she reached the door and turned her head to face her daughter.
“What, sweetie?”
Bulma bit her lip. “When you were pregnant with me… What kind of nursery theme did you go with?”
Her mother giggled; a hand pressed to her chest and a distant look took over her eyes. She sighed deeply. “Oh, that was a wonderful moment…” She started as she now gazed at her grown and expecting daughter. She returned to her seat and took hold of her hands. Bulma shifted in her seat to get comfortable, knowing how her mother loved to get lost in her own memories.
“I had you earlier than I expected… We didn't have a nursery for you yet, it was so sudden!” Bunny chuckled, a contagious smile on her face. “So, you slept with us for the first week of your life while we made your nursery…” Bunny trailed off and squeezed Bulma's hands. “Your father and I had different opinion's on what your nursery theme should be. You know how he can be.” She said with a chuckle. “It was always science and engineering for him, and I wanted it to be girly because you were my little girl. So, after we debated, we settled on creating our own theme.”
Bulma cocked a brow. “Your own theme? Like, combining your guy's ideas together? THAT was my nursery?”
“NO! Of course not, sweetie! We have better taste than that!” Without explaining further, Bunny took hold of the baby book and flipped through the pages before she pointed out a picture of a plain looking nursery, three of the walls painted white, while one wall where the crib was pushed against was painted a light pink. It was plain, but it stood out, and Bulma's eyes lit up as she examined the design.
“That was my nursery?”
“Well, mostly. We added a few things. You know how I am.”
Bulma nodded absentmindedly as she fingered the picture. There were no cars, no fairies, and no mythical creatures to distract the attention from her baby. She wanted the room to be focused around her little one, not the other way around. It was perfect.
Now all she needed to know was the sex of her child to get started.
oOo
One month flew by.
Bulma stood outside the door, Yamcha just behind her with his camera, as they observed the now empty room that was to be the new nursery. Bulma squealed with joy as she took a step inside, Yamcha following her close as he recorded her movement.
“I see you're excited!” He chuckled.
She nodded enthusiastically. Bulma had long given up on trying to stop them from recording her and now accepted it. When she caught Yamcha secretly recording her from around the corner of the hall, she just shook it off with a laugh and walked away, leaving her ex completely dumbfounded.
She was in too good of a mood and nothing could ruin it.
Two weeks ago, Bulma had returned from her gynecologist appointment to discover she was having a baby boy. Happily, she slipped Yamcha his winning money after they had placed a bet on the sex that day, and rubbed her stomach. She did not care that she lost. It was her baby; she'd love it if it had an extra arm and a limp in its walk.
Dressed in a baggy t-shirt and gray pants, Bulma left the room to retrieve the paint cans, yelling as she left, “Put that camera away and help me paint!”
Yamcha shook his head. “Why put it away when I have a tripod?”
Bulma came rushing back in as he began to set his tripod up near the doorway and she groaned. “Oh Kami, Yamcha! You are NOT going to record us painting!”
“Well why not?” He whined.
“Because, I gave you leeway to record me these last few weeks without complaint, this time, I draw the line!”
“But… but…”
“No!”
Yamcha scoffed and folded his arms in a pout as he watched his ex pour what looked like white paint into a pan. Smirking, he took the tripod with the camera attached and placed it in the doorway, setting the mode to record and walked back into the room. He rubbed his hands together. “Okay, what can I do?”
Silently, she handed him a paint roller to which he took and they both dipped them into the paint. “All these walls need to be primed. I'll tackle this one, you get the other!” He nodded and they both began to concentrate on their work. A comfortable silence settled between the two, the only sound in the room was the sound of the paint rollers meeting the walls.
Bulma sighed.
It had been quite a long time since she could enjoy a good few minutes of quietness. The last few months had been too chaotic for her, but painting this room, she found enjoying.
Until Yamcha spoke.
“You know, you could just have one of your bots do this…”
She cringed, her teeth grinding together. “I know that! But, I want to do this myself!”
He stopped painting and cracked his shoulder, flinging the arm that held the paint roller out to stretch it, paint flying and hitting Bulma on the side of her face, neck, and arm. She gasped and turned to him with a glare.
“Yamcha, what the hell!” she screeched.
He stood there, his mouth hanging open, the paint roller held up as he stared at her in disbelief. Then, a smile cracked on his face and he began to laugh. Bulma growled and flung her own roller towards him, the paint on it flying off and hitting him directly in his face, splattering. His laughter stopped, while hers started. He lowered his roller into the paint and ran towards her, grasping her about the shoulders with his free arm and rolling the paint up her sides, her screams of laughter echoing throughout the room.
A half hour passed and two forms sat in the middle of the room, their bodies completely covered in paint. Their breaths were heavy with pants and the occasionally laughter broke the silence. Bulma laid back, her paint roller abandoned on the opposite side of the room, and she fingered her hair that was now plastered to her cheek.
“Great, this will take forever to get out!”
Yamcha chuckled. “You weren't complaining a few minutes ago. I'm surprised you lasted as long as you did, preggers!”
Bulma rolled her eyes and hoisted herself up onto her elbows. “Just because I've gotten fatter doesn't mean I'm no less lethal than I was when I wasn't pregnant! Besides,” she huffed as she detached her hair from her face, “you started it.”
“Accidentally!”
“Doesn't matter, you still were the cause!”
Yamcha threw his hands up in the air in defeat, but the smirk on his face gave away his playfulness. Bulma smiled and attempted to stand. Seeing her struggle, Yamcha got to his feet and offered her his arm. “Truce,” he said with a smirk.
She nodded and took his arm. She wiped her hands along her shirt, her eyes landing on the now empty pans. “You're turn to buy the next primer, since you used it all on me!”
Yamcha scratched the back of his head, a small laugh escaping him as he made contact with the pans. “Yeah, I guess I owe you that…” He turned to see the clean video camera still recording in the doorway and smiled. There was a reason he brought that up to this room. He wanted some privacy with his ex and for good reason. He turned his head back to see her fingering her now dirty shirt and his eyes fell on her stomach.
It didn't matter to him anymore that the kid wasn't his. He had grown to love the child she carried as if it were his own. The day they came back from her first ultrasound was the day he decided what he was about to do. Yamcha took a step forward, his hand grasping her arm gently and her head snapped up to him, confused. She furrowed her brow when his hand slid down her arm to rest on her stomach, his eyes closed in concentration.
What in the hell was he doing?
Then, his eyes snapped open and he smiled softly at Bulma. He took her hands in his, sensing her confusion, and squeezed them reassuringly.
“I've had something I wanted to talk to you about for some time now…”
Bulma bit the inside of her cheek to keep herself from ruining the one moment that seemed serious for him. He rarely wanted to talk to her about serious moments and this time seemed important.
Oh Kami! What if he decided he can't do this with me anymore? What am I going to do, who am I going to lean against?!
“Bulma, I know we ended on bad terms… but…” He trailed off, nervousness beginning to settle within his stomach. “But with how good things are going between us, I was hoping you and I could start fresh again.”
Bulma's eyes widened. She could tell where this was going and wanted to stop it immediately, but her mouth refused to open, her legs wouldn't move. She was frozen. Why did he have to ruin this?!
“I know what you must be feeling, but I want you to know that you aren't alone in this…”
Please, Yamcha, stop…
“And I think you are the strongest, bravest woman I've ever met…”
No, no! I am not strong, I am not brave!
“And I have never stopped loving you, no matter what terms we're on!”
Please, just shut up!
“Watching you carry this baby has made me open my eyes to so much…”
Why couldn't you just keep you're damn eyes closed?!
“And realizing that I lost you once is something that I never want to go through again.”
Don't you dare say it!
“Bulma…” Yamcha took a step back from her, too wrapped up in his speech to realize the panic stricken look on her face as he knelt on one knee before her. She watched as he dug deep into his pants pocket and pulled out a small velvety box, and her heart sunk.
Kami, why me?!
Yamcha swallow and with shaky hands, he opened the box to reveal a diamond encrusted ring, the oval gem in the middle shimmering in the light. The white gold band beautifully weaved like vines, and she couldn't say a word as she stared at the piece of jewelry.
“Miss Bulma Briefs… I know this is sudden, but you are what I want. You and that baby. I'd do anything for you; I'll be the perfect husband, father, lover, and friend. Please… Please, will you marry me?”
Bulma finally blinked and opened her mouth to give her answer, but no words could be said. How could you answer negatively to such a beautiful proposal? Her hands fisted tightly and tears sprung to her eyes. Yamcha smiled, misinterpreting her tears for joy. He stood; ready to cup her face for a kiss, when her father abruptly walked in, his breathing labored as if he had been running.
“Darling, you need to come down now!”
Yamcha pulled away from her, disappointed as he watched Bulma approach her father quickly, her hands steadying him.
“Daddy, what's wrong?”
Oh, thank Kami, I don't think I could've handle another minute of that!
Dr. Briefs smiled as he grasped his daughter's arms. “We got a signal from Capsule 3, the gravity room!” Bulma's frown only deepened at the meaning of the news. “Vegeta's coming home!”
She pulled away from her father, her hands rubbing her stomach as her heart hammered in her chest.
How could she explain this to him?
Bulma left the room, the two men staring after her, one confused, while the other refrained from punching a hole into the wall he stood next to.
Now, she stood in front of the window in her bedroom, her head tilted as she gazed at the sky, her hands lazily drawing circles on her rounded stomach. She had no choice now. The decision had been made for her. It was up to her to face the consequence of the night they shared together. She only hoped Vegeta would react differently than she imagined him to.
You're about to meet your daddy, baby… I'm warning you. He's not a pleasant person, but I'll protect you.
oOo
…TBC…
I think everyone will be pretty happy to know that next chapter, Vegeta will be returning! I miss him just as much as you all! I wanted to apologize for how long it took to get this chapter out. And I did not have it beta-read because I took so long, so, if there are any mistakes, sorry! To know what's been going on, visit my blog on my site, you'll know. It's been CRAZY!
I hope you enjoyed it, I know it isn't as long as it normally is, but it's a chapter :)
This is proof I haven't given up!! Yay!
Until next time my lovelies (and I am so sorry for neglecting you all)
Crystal