Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ What You Wouldn't Expect ❯ What's Wrong with Videl? ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter Three: What's Wrong with Videl?

"Master Babidi, it looks like we have some company," Dabura said, glancing over his shoulder to the cliff behind him. Babidi frowned at him, too absorbed in his genius thinking to worry about anyone that might try to distract him.

"Go deal with them, Dabura." Then he stopped himself, turning around. He went over their power levels, feeling one especially weak, and one that wasn't as weak, but wouldn't be very useful. He smirked. "Get rid of the weak ones, Dabura. Maybe we can use the more powerful ones for something."

"Yes, Master Babidi," Dabura said.

Gohan picked Videl up in his arms, letting her head rest against his shoulder. His father instructed him to hide her behind a rock and stay with her until she awakened. Although he was upset that he wouldn't be able to watch and assess the enemy, he had to make sure Videl was alright. He didn't know what was wrong, and he was afraid that it was something serious.

Almost as soon as he was leaning against a flat-backed rock, he heard panicked sounding noises behind him. He glanced behind the rock just in time to see Kabito be vaporized right before his eyes. He got a horrified look on his face when he saw everyone jump up, Piccolo aiming an energy blast at him.

Dabura laughed at their pathetic attempts, and spit on the shortest one there. The little man got a disgusted look on his face, and tried to swipe it off. Almost as soon as that happened, he did the same to the Namek, watching with a grin as they started to turn into stone, and their friends started to panic. He disappeared, landing back on the ground by his master. "It has been taken care of, Master Babidi."

The yellow short creature nodded, smirking as he walked into the slightly submerged ship. "Thank you, Dabura. Now, lets get them into the ship. I think that their energy will be very useful to us in the near future."

They both laughed, and disappeared into the ship with Pui Pui, one of Babidi's elite guards.

Gohan couldn't take it anymore. He started shaking Videl violently, begging her to wake up as he heard the shouting of his father and the Supreme Kai behind him. "Videl...Videl!! Wake up!! Please!!"

He heard her murmur something, and her eyes fluttered open in a sleepy way. He didn't have time to admire how beautiful that had been, for he was too worried.

"Gohan...? Ah, damn it, let me sleep."

He couldn't help but smile. "Videl, something bad has just happened. Please, get up."

She rubbed her eyes, letting him help her sit up. He propped her up against the rock he had been leaning against as he dashed over to the scene of destruction. "Dad!! What...what happened to Piccolo!!? And Krillin?!"

Gohan placed his hand on Piccolo's arm, in complete shock to find his mentor turned to stone.

"Dabura turned him into stone by spitting on him," the Supreme Kai explained, closing his eyes and crossing his arms. "He did this to get rid of the weakest of our group. Babidi didn't want to worry about anyone but the strongest, and I can bet that he is planning on using us for our power."

Gohan shook his head, seeing Videl standing up. He walked over to her and helped her back to the scene. She still had a sleepy look on her face, and it was adorable. "But wait, what about Videl?" Gohan asked suddenly.

Videl was confused, and stared blankly at the statues in front of her. "What about me?" she asked, running her fingers through her mussed black hair.

"Videl...isn't as strong as either of them, so why didn't Dabura turn her into stone?" Gohan asked tentatively, hoping Videl wouldn't scream at him or something.

Goku frowned. "Yeah, she isn't what I would call the strongest one here."

Everyone was silent a moment as they studied her. Videl felt like she was under a microscope and being dissected with one of those tiny knives. She stepped up closer to Gohan, crossing her arms over her chest and lifting her chin up in the air. Everyone smiled except for Vegeta at the show of her stubbornness.

The Supreme Kai shook his head. "When you two," he motioned to Goku and Gohan, "were helping her with whatever was wrong with her stomach, her power level shot up. And it still is."

Videl's expression became shocked, as did everyone else's. "Huh?" everyone said, especially Videl.

The Supreme Kai shrugged, deciding not to elaborate. Videl looked down, a scared expression on her face as she wrapped her arms around herself. She started rubbing her arms as if to try and get herself warm, and Gohan wondered if this was another side-effect of her stomach problems earlier, or if she was going into some minor form of shock. He gripped her shoulders, forcing her to look up at him. "Videl, stop it. You're fine. You're just scared."

She stared at him as if he wasn't there. He fought the urge to smack her to snap her out of it, but she closed her eyes, shaking her head. He didn't understand what was going on with her. First it was her stomach, and now she was acting all weird. Everyone was watching him as if they expected him to fix her. "Uh...."

The Supreme Kai motioned to everyone else. "We have to follow them. We have to stop them from resurrecting Majin Buu. Come with me. Gohan, you may stay behind if you wish."

He got a fierce frown on his face, shaking his head. "No, I'm coming." He turned to Videl, seeing that she was still in the same state. He sighed loudly, and just picked her up in his arms. She was so out of it that she didn't even protest as they flew down to the space ship under the ground. They inspected the area a moment for tricks or traps, but when they didn't spot anything, they entered. They fell down a long corridor, but they controlled their descent easily. Gohan continued to try and snap Videl out of it, and she seemed to slowly be getting out of whatever was wrong with her.

When they touched down, they were in some sort of circular room, with a door on one side with a big "M" inscribed on it. There was another hole in the ground, except it was sealed shut, preventing them from descending lower into the ship. They stood there, wondering what to do as Gohan set Videl down, letting her hold onto him to stand upright. He just held her close, not minding being so close to her now. She had this intoxicating soft scent about her, and was always so warm. He smiled to himself as he wrapped his arm around her shoulders, and she held onto him tighter. It was almost as if she was scared, but he didn't understand why. He sighed, hoping he would figure it out soon.