Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ What You Wouldn't Expect ❯ Videl, Don't Fight!! ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter Four: Videl, Don't Fight!!

Gohan knew he had never been so worried and pissed off his whole entire life. First, Videl. Something was seriously wrong with her, even if she didn't want to admit it. And although he didn't want to acknowledge it either, he was developing some very fast feelings for her.

He clenched his hands at his side, remembering Piccolo. Piccolo meant a lot more to him than he let anyone know. He had been like a second father two him his whole life, and he had even taken over the tedious job after Goku had left. Piccolo had been there when he had needed him the most, like when the anniversaries of Goku's death came every year. He would coax him out of his anger and pain without even trying, and barely even doing anything. He remembered this one time, and he grinned. He couldn't help it.

He had been throwing a fit the second year Goku had been gone, and he had been blowing everything up around him, saying that, for example, this pretty little pink flower is Cell's head, and now you're gonna die. Piccolo had watched him as he committed various acts of destroying harmless things, until he finally said, "Gohan, stop it, or I am going to bring your mother with a frying pan."

He almost laughed. Piccolo had been very close to doing it, and finally he had given up his childish act and stopped.

Gohan shook his head. Now that Piccolo was gone, he felt as if another missing piece of him had been taken away. When his father left, what would he do? What happened if they couldn't bring Piccolo back?

His sensitive side came up, and he was surprised to feel tears in his eyes. Videl was standing on her own now, her hand just gripped in his green gi for extra support. Her eyes widened, and an instant concerned look came over her face. No one else but her noticed, since they were talking about what was going on, and wondering if they were going to fight anyone.

"Gohan? Gohan, are you all right?" she whispered, leaning in closer so no one could hear. He tried to look away, but she just pulled him back by the hold she had on his gi. "Shh, Gohan...you can tell me, it's alright." She drew him into a hesitant hug, wondering what he would do. He seemed just fine with it, in fact, he held her tighter, burying his face in her hair and drawing in a deep shuddering breath. She stroked his short black locks, whispering some soothing words to him as he tried to regain his composure. He was praying that no one would notice this, for everyone was turned away, watching the door. He gave Videl one last squeeze before he let her go, almost wishing he could hold her longer like that.

Videl saw the sad and depressed look in his eyes, and wondered what could possibly be wrong. She wiped away the one single tear that had managed to streak down his cheek, and he couldn't help but smile at her. "You alright, Videl?" he asked her, and she gave a small laugh.

"I could ask you the same thing," she said, tweaking his nose. He grinned at her, getting ready to try to explain when a noise interrupted him. The big curved door with the "M" inscribed on it started to slide open, releasing a hiss of air. Everyone turned, seeing that gray creature with white armor, green eyes, and a big yellow mouth stand in the threshold. Both Gohan and Videl got disgusted looks on their faces, and they strode back over to everyone else, Videl shaking off Gohan's help. She felt much better now.

"Welcome, fellow warriors, to stage one," Pui Pui said, smirking at the lot before him. They all looked pathetic, but Master Babidi had said they were very strong, each and every one of them.

Goku frowned. "You mean, there are more stages?"

Pui Pui nodded, stepping into the circular room. "Yes. There are several different levels, or stages, each one going deeper into the ground. Babidi is at the last stage, where you will never reach."

Goku pouted. "Why not?"

"Because you have to get past me, and that will never happen!!" he yelled, walking further into the room.

Vegeta laughed. "You? You mean we, have to fight you?" He laughed some more. "You have to be joking." He turned to the Supreme Kai, frowning. "I thought you said this Babidi guy had powerful 'warriors' under his control."

The Supreme Kai gawked at him. "Vegeta, Babidi uses his immense power to bring the strongest warriors in the universe under his control. Do not underestimate any of them. You have to take this more seriously!!"

Vegeta smirked. "I am, if you would but notice."

The Supreme Kai could do nothing but stare in horror and surprise as Goku said, "Hey, which one of us is going to fight first?"

The Supreme Kai gasped in outrage, stomping forward. "Are all of you Saiya-jins so insane?! You can't...I don't understand you!! You have to take this more seriously!! You can't go around acting like this isn't the fate of the universe!!"

Goku looked at him blankly, as if he didn't understand. He shrugged, smiling at everyone. "So...rock, paper, scissors?"

Everyone stepped forward, except the Supreme Kai. He could do nothing but gape at them as they all started saying, "One, two, three! One, two, three!! One...two...three!!"

No one noticed Pui Pui standing there like he couldn't believe what he was seeing. It was if they all wanted to fight him. He shook it off as Videl squealed, jumping up and down next to Gohan. "I won!! Sweet!!"

Pui Pui shook his shock off a second later, smirking at the little woman. "So, I'm going to fight you? How fun is this going to be?!" he shouted, disappearing, only to reappear in front of her. She crossed her arms, looking unimpressed. Everyone behind her, especially Gohan and Goku, were wondering if they should ask her not to fight. She had just gotten over whatever had been wrong with her, and they didn't think she was ready to fight. "Videl..." Gohan started, but stopped when Vegeta motioned for him to be quiet.

"The Supreme Kai said something about her ki going through the roof when whatever had happened to her stomach transpired. I want to see if she got any stronger."

Gohan had never wanted to punch the older Saiya-jin Prince so much in his life. "What happens if she gets hurt, Vegeta?!" he almost shouted, but was stopped by a death glare from Vegeta. He snarled at the older man, but gave up without much of a fight. Before him he saw Pui Pui fazing in and out in front of Videl, tiring himself out even before he had started fighting the young woman. He hoped, no prayed, that Videl would come through, and that she wouldn't get hurt.