Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ What You Wouldn't Expect ❯ Sleepy? ( Chapter 6 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter Six: Sleepy?

 

Vegeta growled, crossing his arms over his chest. "What is taking so damn long? Can't that Babidi guy get a monster strong enough for me? This is all amusing, but I would rather be fighting Kakarott right now."

Goku grinned. "Ah, come on, Vegeta. We have more important things to do. You know, save the planet and everything."

He grunted, turning away to stare hard at the door. Goku took it that he was trying to will it to open with his intense uh, psychic abilities, and that maybe it would open. One should never underestimate Vegeta's mental power!

Videl pretended not to feel Gohan's eyes all over her, but she couldn't ignore it much longer. He wouldn't take his eyes off her for a second, not even to acknowledge his own father. She felt yet again like she was being dissected under a microscope, except this time, it was with Gohan's genius mind. He probably wasn't missing one expression on her face, not one twitch of her finger.

She turned away again, hoping that he wouldn't follow her in that direction. Unfortunately, he did, like he had the last three times. She started to get tired of just standing there, moving across the room or turning around repeatedly, so she just sat down, leaning against the cold gray metal wall.

Gohan knew she wanted him to stop scrutinizing her to near death, but he couldn't seem to help himself. He felt some sort of protective measure going through him, and he couldn't stop it even if he tried. He sighed, smacking his hand against his forehead as he practically stomped his way over to Videl, who had her tired eyes closed.

When he sat down, she mumbled something, but he didn't exactly get what she said. He scooted closer, asking, "Did you say something, Videl?"

She waved her elegant white hand, and then plopped it back down to her side, ruining the graceful movement because of her fatigue. "Yes. I said I'm tired."

He smiled at her, unable to help himself. "Go ahead and sleep, then. I'll wake you up when and if anything happens."

She opened her bright purple eyes, lowering her long and thick eyelashes to hide her nervousness. "...Alright."

She let her head rest nervously against his broad shoulder, actually finding it a comfortable spot. She made a low sound in her throat that was have sigh, half moan, and nearly as soon as she closed her pretty eyes, she was out.

Gohan smiled as her hand moved to rest on his chest, right over his heart. Her small but strong fist tightened in the loose green fabric, and then relaxed, falling slowly down his chest. He caught it before it fell, and he looked around to see if anyone was watching. Vegeta was still giving the door a death glare, and his father was trying to start a conversation with him, but then just ended up watching the door as well. The Supreme Kai was leaning against a wall, his arms crossed over his chest and his eyes closed. One would think he was asleep, but when in reality he was very alert, his senses keen to any disturbance in the near atmosphere.

Gohan heard an evil laugh sound in his head and he twined his fingers through Videl's, holding their locked hands against his chest as he let his head rest on top of hers. She sighed in her sleep, snuggling deeper into his warmth. He lifted his head, making sure that she was still asleep, and then settled it back down to its comfortable soft spot. He closed his eyes, not even realizing until then how tired he was.

Goku looked over to Gohan quickly when he felt his ki drop in the blink of an eye. He felt one of his smiles appear on his face, and the happiness just radiating from him drew Vegeta's attention. He cocked an eyebrow at Kakarott, and then followed his line of sight. He frowned, and then his scowl softened, remembering his own Onna. He never really noticed how much he missed her until he saw her again. He turned back to the door, trying to forget his weak and mushy emotions.

Babidi screamed his fury, jumping up and down on his tiny and frail legs. "No!! No, no, no, no!! What happened, Dabura?! I don't understand this!! How could that little girl defeat my Pui Pui?!"

Dabura didn't say anything, just watched his upset master pace back and forth madly. "I must devise a plan to outsmart that rat Supreme Kai. Dabura," he said, turning to the red giant, "bring out Yakon."

Videl squeezed her arms around something firm, but at the same time, soft and soothingly warm. She lifted an arched eyebrow in concentration, burrowing in deeper and catching a scent she was just getting familiar with. Sweet, like grass, flowers, anything that reminded her of the outdoors. It was a clean smell, and she breathed it in deeply, trying to memorize it. It faintly reminded her of something that she couldn't put her finger on, and all she got was a flash of the purest white, a swirl of black, and then light blue. She tried to concentrate on it, focusing on what she thought was a face. Slender, dark, blurry, feminine. She tried harder to make the perception clearer, but it just...vanished.

Gohan stirred, his arms tightening around her so much that any normal person would have been crushed. Her eyes opened, and she was nearly blinded by the light of the room. She flinched, drawing away from it by re-closing her eyes. Gohan muttered something, his strong arms loosening. She got her own arms free, and she covered her mouth just in time to hide a big yawn. Gohan gave her a sleepy smile, and she found it so cute that she had to ruffle his hair like Goku had done to her.

"Hmm...sleep good, Videl?" he asked, rubbing his eyes and trying to wake all the way up.

She stood up, stretching and rolling her neck around to get loosened up. "Yeah, surprisingly." She didn't mention that in the short twenty minutes that they had rested that she hadn't slept that well in years. She helped him stand by taking hold of his hand, and they both laughed when he almost fell right back over.

Their attention was suddenly drawn by the familiar hiss of the door opening, and they saw a huge, dark, looming figure in the doorway. Videl covered her nose, getting a sickened look on her face. How many times would she have to smell something nasty today?

Vegeta smirked, hearing an evil laugh. Finally, his opponent was here. He couldn't wait to smash him through the floor.