Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ What You Wouldn't Expect ❯ Saiya-jin Tails, Not Duck Tails ( Chapter 10 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter Ten: Saiya-jin Tails, Not Duck Tails

 

He woke up to a shivering mass in his arms. He frowned, wondering what the hell was in his arms in the first place, but then he opened his eyes, seeing Videl. It was still dark out, and he estimated it to be about three in the morning.

He tried to sit up, but something stopped him. He looked behind him, seeing his tail twined around her waist. He growled at the stupid possessive thing, pulling it away from Videl, who just began to shake more violently from the lack of his body heat.

Forgetting about Videl at the moment, he lifted his tail to his face, holding the squirming appendage tightly so it wouldn't do something bad like that again. "Stupid tail, learn to keep to yourself!" he yelled at it, letting it wrap around his waist.

Wait a second. My tail?!?!?!

He slapped his hand over his mouth to prevent himself from screaming like a little girl. When did I get my tail back?! This is awesome!!

Once he was over his initial shock, he forced it off his waist, for it didn't seem to want to let go. "Man, you're clingier than ever, aren't you?" he asked the soft brown furry thing. He smiled at it, as if it had its own personality, complete with brain. "Sorry I yelled at you. Just don't do that again, or I'll cut you off."

Somehow it seemed to understand, for it went right back around his waist. He stood, not even bothering to stretch and wake himself up. They still had a few good hours of sleep left, and he was planning on getting them few hours of sleep.

He went over to the fire, which had all but died. The red coals were left, and he picked up a piece of long and slender wood, stirring it to life as he added a bunch of wood to the hot coals. Soon it was back to its raging inferno self, and he looked back over his shoulder, seeing that Videl wasn't shaking as badly as she had been. He smiled, thinking to himself how gorgeous she was, and she was all his, no one else's.

He went back over to her, settling himself back down and pulling her carefully into his chest. He laid on his tail purposefully so it wouldn't try anything, but it somehow snaked its way out from under him, going straight to Videl. He sighed, too tired to fight with the possessive thing. He yawned, and buried his face in his girlfriend's hair as he fell asleep.

"Um...interesting?"

Gohan tried to open his eyes, but they felt too heavy. What? Huh? Who's talking to me?

"Gohan."

"Go away," he told whatever was bothering him, and just earned a tickle session that had him laughing so hard that he had tears come to his eyes. He finally opened his eyes, only to see a beaming Videl, her face glowing with the morning sun. "Hey, sleepy head."

"Ah, come on, Videl. Let me go back to sleep," he whined, turning over to his side...and bringing her with him.

"AHH!!!!! Gohan!!!"

He lifted his head, frowning at her. "What?"

"What is this...thing?!"

He looked to the "thing" she was pointing to, and spotted his tail yet again wrapped around her waist. When he had rolled over, he had brought her along with him because of his tail.

He grinned at her. "My tail."

She seemed to calm down a little bit, for at first she had thought it was some sort of fur-covered snake...thing. "Um, why is wrapped around me?"

He sat up, telling her to do the same thing. He took hold of it and pulled it off with some difficulty, much to Videl's amusement. "Well, I guess its kind of a long story, wanna listen?"

She gave him one of her trusting smiles that told him he could tell her anything. He grinned back, and he turned her back around, letting her lean against his chest as they watched the ocean beat against the beach. Videl dug her feet into the already warm sand, and let herself relax against Gohan's hard chest as he started his story.

"I'm an alien. Well, technically, half alien."

She looked up at him, nodding. "I had that feeling."

He felt a small smile tug at his lips. "Creeped out yet?"

"Nope. Try your hardest."

He laughed. "Alright. Well, my dad is a Saiya-jin, a very powerful race that was wiped out by a tyrant called Freeza. Frieza was-"

"Frieza?!" she screeched, causing him to flinch as she lifted herself up and turned around to him. "Oh, my Dende, Gohan!! I remember my mother talking about him when I was little!!"

Gohan's mouth fell open. "Huh?!"

"No, I mean it! When she was still alive, she told me about this guy that was called Frieza, and she would say something around the lines of, 'One day, Videl, I'm going to kill him.' Gohan, do you know what this means?" she whispered, clutching at his shoulders. He was still staring at her, trying not to go into some form of mild shock.

"Um, no?"

Videl stared back at him, wondering about how impossible men were at times. "Gohan...I need to talk to my dad. Now."

Her serious tone snapped him out of it. He understood her, understood her need to know about her past. "Alright, Videl. Let me just go tell my dad that you'll be leaving."

She stopped him. "No, Gohan, I want you to come with me."

He tried to hide his panic at the thought of her father, but just nodded, running over to his dad. Oh, shit. He just remembered something. His dad's time was going to be up in less than a half an hour.

He shook him awake, and Goku let out a snort, pushing away his son. "Ah, Chichi, not now. I'm not in the mood."

Gohan got a horrified look on his face, but then he shook it off as he whacked him upside the head. "Dad! Wake up!"

Goku shot upwards, rubbing his eyes just like a little kid. "Huh? What's wrong, Gohan? Can't you sleep? You can climb into bed with me and your mom if you want."

Eww!!! His mind screamed. Not with what you just said! "Um, dad, me and Videl are going to go back inland, we need to talk to her father. And meanwhile, you only have about," he checked his watch, and looked back at his father. "You only have about fifteen minutes left on Earth."

That got Goku's attention. "Oh, no!! Where's the Supreme Kai?! I have to ask him to let me stay!!"

Gohan told him to do just that, and he ran back over to Videl, and they took to the sky, both hoping that Hercule could tell them something about Videl's past.