Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ What You Wouldn't Expect ❯ Couples ( Chapter 21 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Chapter Twenty One: Couples  

Videl stared at her new and improved reflection in the mirror. She had never expected to be in something so unconditionally feminine, let alone...look it.

 

Bulma stepped back quietly, surveying her excellent work with a practiced eye that didn't miss one thing. She had to admit, she was almost jealous. Almost.

 

Videl was wearing what was deemed as "the little black dress". It was plain, spaghetti shoulder straps, low scooped neckline, and went to above her knees. Even in such a simple but elegant dress, she was beautiful. Bulma had actually gotten her to wear something other than a sports bra, Dende forbid, even though she had had one on earlier. Results from getting wet with seawater had rendered it rather...unsuitable. Now, the results were wonderful.

 

Videl tried to tug the improper neckline up without Bulma noticing, for she felt like she had been stripped bare for all to see, and then put on display in the town center. Bulma gently slapped away her white hands, scolding her without much vivacity. "Come on, dear. Let your true beauty show through. You shouldn't hide it. Why would you hide a body like yours?"

 

Videl tried not to growl at the beautiful older woman. She crossed her arms over her chest protectively, glaring at Bulma as if daring her to try and pry away her locked arms. "I don't like boys."

 

Bulma was clearly shocked to her red painted toenails. "You mean...you're a lesbian?"

 

Videl frowned, grinding her teeth. "No, I just don't like them."

 

Bulma took on an aggressive stance, one she had clearly learned from Vegeta. "But you are with Gohan," the older woman pointed out rather dramatically, tapping her small foot.

 

Videl's face softened, even when she tried to stop it. She hated being a hormonal teenager. "Yeah," she said, fingering the glistening emerald necklace around her neck that she had found in her mother's diary.

 

Bulma patted Videl's glossy black hair, making a few last adjustments to the girl sitting on the modest vanity seat, before a large mirror. "There, now all we need is a certain young man. He is going to be speechless, Videl."

 

The younger woman shook her head, wanting to actually cry. Cry! Look what she was resulting to!! "No, he's not. He's gonna run in the other direction, call me a freak or something horrible."

 

You're going to be in for quite a surprise, Bulma thought, shaking her graceful head as she left the room, leaving Videl alone to her discouraging thoughts. Let her think what she wants, when Gohan sees her, he is never going to want to let her go.

 

After Bulma left, Videl slumped her proud shoulders, letting all the weight on them show through for the first time in years. So much was happening too fast. The only good thing happening to her right now was Gohan...and even that was going too fast. She closed her eyes. She suddenly smiled, remembering how she had almost thrown Bulma out the window when she had whipped out the mascara and eye shadow.

 

"Oh, no," Videl had said, backing away from Bulma, who had a wicked look on her beautiful face.

 

"Ah, come on, Videl. You have gorgeous eyes, and you need to show them off! I have the perfect eye shadow for you! I could never use it because the color looks horrible on me, but you can use it, because—"

 

"No!!! You will not put that Dende-forsaken stuff on me!! I would rather die!!!"

 

Well, that had been amusing while it had lasted. So, Bulma had ended up throwing the mascara into the garbage, after Videl had almost melted it, and the eye shadow, lets just say it was going to be rubbed off.

 

Videl looked back into the large vanity mirror, staring blankly. She felt...she didn't know. Out of place, an outsider. She wasn't used to being all "pretty". If she would have gotten married, one would expect to see her walk down the aisle in straight black leather or something just as trivial.

 

She sighed, standing up and adjusting the small dress. She had admired the pretty thing the first time she had seen it in Bulma's closet, and she hadn't done a good job of hiding it either. Bulma had been so happy when Videl had almost willingly put the thing on, but that had been the easy part. Next came the Evil Pantyhose of Tanned-looking Death, and then the Black High-heels of Breaking the Legs Suffering. Videl sighed, walking around the room so that she could get used to the high-heels. It wasn't as bad as she had thought it would have been, at least they weren't those horrible pointy heels that some women wore. She shuddered. Now they could break a leg.

 

She looked herself once more over in the mirror, trying to see if anything was wrong, which everything was. She gave up, sighing again as she turned off all the lights and left the room, straightening her shoulders and walking delicately down the stairs, praying that she wouldn't fall and break her now-pretty neck.

 

Gohan was just getting handed Bulma's red Viper capsule, and he thanked her, looking up when he heard the familiar noise of someone coming down the carpeted stairs.

 

He stared. Sometime in between staring and more staring, he dropped the capsule in his hand, the small capsule being heard to echo through the large room. Bulma had such a big naughty smile on her face that she had to walk over to Vegeta, who was standing next to Goku, and give him a hug to hide it. He growled, trying to ignore her.

 

Goku whistled. "Wow, Videl, you look really, I'm mean, really—"

 

Gohan shoved him out of the way to get to his girlfriend, making him shut up in the process before he said something perverted about his girlfriend. Vegeta smirked, seeing Gohan walk over to the beautiful young woman at the foot of the stairs, looking extremely nervous, and playing with a necklace around her graceful white throat.

 

Gohan swallowed, taking her hand and looking her straight in the eyes. "Videl...you're...beautiful."

 

She gave him a faint smile. "Really? Do...do you mean it? I mean...I feel so out of place...I mean, look at these things," she said, pointing to her high-heels. "I never even thought I would ever wear something like this in my whole life," she said weakly, fidgeting in the spot she was standing.

 

Gohan wanted to drool. If he was ever asked who was the most gorgeous woman he had ever seen, he would already know the answer. Videl. If she wasn't the most exquisite creature ever created, he didn't know what was.

 

Videl could see the shock of everyone around her, especially Gohan. He looked like he was ready to fall at her feet and worship her. But she had to admit herself, the boy looked hot in a black suit, complete with white shirt. It was simple, nothing about it flashy, just like hers. His hold on her hand tightened for a moment, but then let go. They smiled at each other, and Bulma left Vegeta, re-handing him the capsule he had mysteriously dropped when Videl had appeared.

 

Everyone waved as the couple walked out, except for Vegeta of course. "Have fun you two, and don't do anything bad!!" Bulma called, leaning dangerously far out the door. Vegeta yanked her back in before she fell onto her pretty face and messed it up, causing her to grin and drag him up the stairs. Goku was left standing there with his wife, who was staring at him as if she had never seen him before. He grinned at her, scratching his head. "Wow, what an odd uh, day, huh?"

 

Chichi nodded, walking into his arms and sighing dreamily. "Goku, I missed you."

 

He stroked her soft hair as her head nestled against his chest, and he hugged her. "I did too, Chichi." He grinned. "Why don't we go find a room and get uh, reacquainted?" he said suggestively.

 

Chichi giggled, letting him lead her further into the house.

 

Videl found out soon that Gohan was a very good driver. All his movements were all but perfect, practiced, and agile. She didn't panic once about anything, and she felt like she didn't even have to wear a seatbelt, even though she did it for safety. One could never know anymore.

 

Gohan looked at Videl out of the corner of his eye, making sure to keep a constant eye on the road. He had only driven a few times; in fact he had only gotten his driver's license about a year ago. He never really saw the need when he could just fly.

 

He pulled up in front of the Pella de Fran, an almost-famous French restaurant that he had never been to once. Videl had probably frequented this place about a hundred times, and he expressed his concern to her.

 

"Videl, I feel like I'm going to embarrass myself in here."

 

A handsome valet came up to Videl's door, opening it for her. "Good evening, Madame, I hope you enjoy your visit tonight," the black-haired man said in a fake French accent.

 

Gohan smiled to him, handing him the keys to the Viper, and adding just for finesse, "Don't scratch her, please."

 

The man nodded, saying that he would see to it personally that no harm would come to his expensive "car". Videl held back an amused laugh as Gohan took her arm, escorting her gallantly to the fancy and costly looking front glass doors, which were opened by two men decked out in red and black livery. Gohan thanked them, bringing Videl into a small room, where a pale man stood stiffly, waiting for their reservations.

 

Remembering what Bulma had told him to say, Gohan said immediately, "Briefs' normal, please."

 

The man nodded, giving the pair a very big and knowing smile. "Follow me this way, please."

 

Gohan gave Videl one of his Son grins, which he unknowingly got from his father. She wanted to smile back, but she was so nervous that she would trip and fall, or that she would do something that would make her the laughingstock of the whole town. She saw so many people that knew her, and they were all staring at her as if they had never seen her before. It was nerve-wracking. She had to admit though, that it somewhat funny that she was going out on a date with Saiyaman, who she had pledged to unmask only a few days ago. Was it only few days? She could have sworn it was years.

 

The white-haired man dressed in a black tuxedo brought them away from the crowd and from what was called the "Society" room, and down the hall, which led to private balconies and large, beautiful spacious rooms meant only for the rich and most of the time, famous.

 

"Here you are, this is the what is called the Green Cube Room, and as you can see, it's mostly green, and in the shape of a perfect cube. Madame Briefs and other people come here a lot. I hope you enjoy your visit, and your waiter will be with you in a moment," the almost bald man said, walking away as he bowed out of the room. Videl and Gohan looked at each other, and started to laugh.

 

"Wow, such a serious man, and this is such a horrible place to go for a first date! We should be going to the movies, or to a pizza place, or to the mall with our friends or something," Videl said, letting Gohan pull out her soft-backed wooden chair, and then sit down across from her. He nodded his head, barely acknowledging her as he inspected the room around them. Green walls, small and old looking pictures adorned the walls, and a balcony that was accessible by two floor-to-ceiling French doors, which were currently open, the wind blowing the stylish white lace curtains around in a soft and soothing dance. The floor was a simple white carpet, keeping the room lighter and not too dark if it had been green as well. The natural colors around him made the room feel spacious, and he felt his nervousness ease away.

 

Videl picked up the thin and pricey looking crystal glass in front of her, rolling the top of the rim with the tips of her fingers. Gohan watched as if in a daze as she licked her fingers, and started doing it again. The sound that was emitted was low, almost eerie. He was snapped out of it when there was a knock on the thick wooden door, and a man stepped in, dressed in the same black and white tuxedo the balding white-haired man had been in. He had one of those towels draped over his arm, and two menus in his hand. He bowed to them, as if they were royalty, and then handed them their menus, proceeding in telling them what today's specials were. They ordered their drinks, and he excused himself, saying he would be back in a few.

 

"Wow, if I wasn't so nervous, this would be kinda fun," Videl whispered, leaning forward over the white tablecloth to get closer to Gohan, as if she was afraid someone would hear her.

 

Gohan rolled his eyes. "Yeah, you're right. Hey, did you notice that my mom didn't give us a curfew?"

 

Videl's eyes widened, and then she smirked. "Oh, goody," she said, trying to sound like she was a bad little girl.

 

Gohan laughed. "Maybe we can go somewhere after this, you know, like walk in the park. Whatever you want to do."

 

She smiled. "That sounds nice. I haven't been for a walk in the park for ages. And it will be even nicer with you," she added, sighing loudly. "Too bad there isn't a moon. I don't know what happened to it."

 

Gohan burst out laughing. "I'm happy there isn't a moon!!"

 

She frowned. "Why in the world would you be happy? The moon was so pretty!"

 

He shook his head, trying to stop laughing. "No, you have to understand something else about Saiya-jins. When there is a full moon, and we have our tails, we turn into big giant apes, and kill everything in our path. Our strength multiplies, and we can't be stopped unless you cut off our tails. And please," he begged, "even if you get mad at me, don't cut off my tail. I missed the stupid thing."

 

She grinned sheepishly. "Alright, I won't. Even if I get mad at you." She laughed. "You sound like you love that thing."

 

Gohan tried to pout. "I do. It's my baby."

 

Videl was laughing in earnest now, holding onto her stomach. "Oh, Dende, Gohan!! You crack me up!!" She sobered up, letting out a long breath. "And by the way, where is your tail? I haven't seen it lately." It was funny, it was if they were talking about another person.

 

"Wrapped around my waist and tucked away safely. Did you see the way Vegeta was guarding his tail? It was like he would kill anyone or anything who even dared to touch it!!"

 

Videl gave him an off glance, opening her menu and finding what she wanted. Gohan already had his picked out, and when the fake French waiter came back in, his polished shoes making not one noise on the floor, they placed their orders, and expected to wait for a good half an hour. They got a surprise when it came about ten minutes later, and they said that their top customers always got food first, which Gohan thought odd, but nice, considering he wanted to get out of there and get Videl all to himself. He knew he was greedy when it came to her, but he couldn't help himself at the moment.

 

Videl ate her food, happy to see that Gohan was controlling his ravenous appetite, which he had told her earlier, was because he was part Saiya-jin.

 

Once they were done, Gohan took out a wad of money from his wallet, hearing Videl stifle a laugh. "Hey, the advantages of an over-eager mother, and a rich lady all put into one big thing of money. I can just say I spent it all and keep it for later. Sound like a good idea?"

 

She nodded, latching onto his arm as he left the fifteen percent tip on the table, and he walked her out of the building, finding their car already there. Gohan thanked the guy, but glared at him as if the poor man really had scratched it.

 

They drove off, keeping the top down for the air was warm, fresh, and inviting as it whipped through their hair. Videl was ecstatic that she had kept Bulma out of her hair, literally, so now it could blow around free, the way she liked it.

 

Gohan pulled off to the side of the road, seeing that the park was closed. "Hey, I don't think that Saiyaman and Videl Satan are going to get in trouble for taking a little midnight stroll, do you?"

 

"Nah," she said, shaking her head as she jumped out of the small and fast car, not caring about the dress. Gohan tried not to laugh as she walked across the street, pulling off her shoes as she went. He followed behind her, catching up to her easily as she hopped around on one foot, and started to fall. She laughed, righting herself and handing him her shoe so he could hold onto it. She gripped onto his shoulder, trying to take off the other evil thing. Once that was accomplished, which was an amazing feat, she took them both into her free hand, lacing her fingers through Gohan's as they walked into the dark park.