Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ What You Wouldn't Expect ❯ Apology Accepted ( Chapter 23 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
  Chapter Twenty Three: Apology Accepted     

Videl came downstairs some time later, having composed herself, and gotten dressed in what was called Bulma's "normal" clothes. Her other clothes were still getting washed, unfortunately.

 

She didn't want to see Gohan, especially after this morning, but, that was the first person she saw. He was standing at the kitchen sink, humming a small sweet tune as he washed the dirty dishes that had been piling up. She had no clue as to how he had heard her, for she couldn't even hear herself with the water running, but he turned, his face emotionless.

 

Gohan felt extremely tempted to grin when she blushed a dark red, but he didn't. He fought the urge to let his eyes drift down and travel over her luscious, tightly clothed body, and he ended up going back at his task with a vengeance. Everyone was still asleep, that or lying in bed doing certain "things", and the Supreme Kai was missing. Where was he? Searching for Babidi again?

 

Videl licked her lips nervously, and then started gnawing on them. She didn't know exactly what to say, and all she could do was stand there. She shifted on one foot and then onto the other, trying to come up with something smart to say. She frowned at herself. Her brain was still muddled from earlier. She sucked it up, twiddling her fingers as she took a hesitant step forward, looking down at the white tiled floor. "Gohan."

 

His movements stopped, and he gave her a brief look over his shoulder before he turned off the water. He shook the water off his hands and then grabbed a towel to dry them, turning around to look at her. He cocked his eyebrow at her, giving her his undivided attention.

 

She knew she was blushing like no tomorrow, but she couldn't help it. She tried not to grind her teeth in anger at herself, and gave an experimental look up, seeing that he was watching her closely. Well, the way he was dissecting her didn't help much. It just made her squirm more. She gave a defeated sigh, letting her shoulders drop meekly. "Gohan, I'm sorry about this morning." She scratched her head, trying to cover her embarrassment. "Can you...forgive me?"

 

His expressionless face softened, and a small smile appeared as he opened his arms. She flew into them, hugging him hard. He let a small laugh come up as she practically buried her face into his muscled chest, and mumbled a small, "Thank you."

 

He nodded, allowing his itching fingers to go to her silky black hair. She had known he was going to do that, for he seemed to have some obsession with her hair. She also knew that he was leaning down to see what scent she was wearing today, and he let out a blissful sigh. She hoped he liked lavender.

 

A few moments later she looked up into his eyes. Resting her chin on his chest, she gave him one of her smiles that she only had for him, and him alone. He was tempted to kiss her soft lips, but he didn't want to have another scene like this morning so soon. He was about to say something when she suddenly asked, "Gohan, since you're a Saiya-jin and all, does that mean that your senses are much more finely tuned than mine?"

 

He gave her a questioning look, but nodded. "Yeah, why?"

 

She shrugged, and he smiled at the lazy movement. "No reason, I was just wondering why you are so obsessed with my scent."

 

He turned so red that she wondered if he was ok. "Gohan? What's wrong?"

 

He let out a laugh to cover how mortified he was, but Videl pushed him gently, making him blush even more.

 

"Ah, come on, Gohan, you can tell me. You can tell me anything. Don't get all shy on me now."

 

Well, he had to admit she had a point. He was sorely tempted to snort. "I guess the only explanation is that Saiya-jin men are 'obsessed', as you put it, with their women, especially their scent. Did you know that whenever you get turned on your—"

 

"Gohan!!!"

 

He grinned, flashing his pearly whites. "Ah, come on, Videl, you can't get all shy on me now."

 

Her face scrunched up, and she punched his arm hard. After a very loud cry from Gohan, who was clearly faking it, she soothed the small hurt with her hand, rubbing it with practiced care. "You're a wimp sometimes, Gohan."

 

He tried to look innocent, but failed miserably. They both laughed, and then started discussing what they were going to do that day. First thing was to find the Supreme Kai, and ask him when they were going to search for Babidi, since they were getting into dangerous times, and were sitting around. Second, was to check out her mother's diary, and try to figure some more things out. Last, and least, was to relax, since they hadn't had much of a chance for that.

 

They were still holding each other and leaning against the kitchen sink when Goku came in, around noon in the afternoon. He was rubbing his eyes, stretching, and yawning like a little kid. He grinned foolishly when he saw Videl and Gohan. The two watched intently as he walked up to the fridge and pulling out a gallon of milk, downing it in one gulp. Videl was staring in disbelieving shock, and Gohan just grinned. "Hey, dad, sleep good?"

 

"Yeah! But I didn't even go to bed until about eight this morning. Your mother wouldn't leave me alone, and kept doing—"

 

"Dad!! Eww, I don't want to hear that!!!" Gohan cried, trying not to gag as he slapped his hands over his sensitive ears.

 

"Ah, come on, Gohan. You're all grown up now, and you even have a girlfriend. Oh yeah, your mom even told me about how cute you two were this morning asleep at the table. She started getting into descriptive detail, and that led up to—"

 

Gohan groaned, wishing he could rip his ears off like Piccolo could. Life would be so much more wonderful without having to hear about his father's and mother's activities. He shuddered. What a wonderful morning discussion, even if it was early afternoon.

 

Videl was trying not to laugh at the scene between father and son, and Goku didn't seem to get why Gohan thought it was so awkward to be discussing his love life. The older man shrugged, taking out another gallon of milk and walking away, saying over his shoulder, "Hey, Gohan, if the Supreme Kai comes back, get me and your mom up. She's still laying nak—"

 

"Dende, dad!!!!! Stop before I...I don't know!!!"

 

Videl took his hands away from his ears when Goku walked away, laughing his head off. Gohan couldn't believe his dad. How could he not see how weird it was to be talking about this kind of stuff to his own son? Videl tweaked his nose, grinning. "Poor Gohan. I almost feel bad for you. Did you ever notice that you get attacked in so many different ways that you should be going insane?"

 

"Huh?"

 

She pulled away from him, plopping down into a plush chair at the kitchen table. "You know how you got attacked by those women? And then by those gay guys, and then you get nearly attacked by me, then your mother and Bulma, and then your dad? I would be getting worried."

 

His breathed whooshed out as he fell into his own chair, across from her. "Yeah, it is kinda getting creepy. But I didn't mind you attacking me. In fact I—"

 

"Gohan."

 

He gave her a sheepish smile, laughing. "Sorry, Videl. I'll try not to talk about that."

 

She rolled her eyes, and then closed them as she slouched into her chair. Gohan did the same, just realizing that he was still tired. "Man, remind me not to fall asleep at the kitchen table again, because everyone comes down, and wakes you up, and then you can't sleep, and then...well, you get it."

 

Videl could barely even nod. She just waved her hand in the air a brief moment before letting it fall back down to the armrest. He smiled, closing his eyes and planning on falling asleep, when he felt a familiar ki appear. He opened his tired eyes. Videl hadn't even noticed that Shin had just magically appeared next to her. The Supreme Kai smirked when he saw the young man, and said, "Gather everyone together. We leave in one hour."