Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ What You Wouldn't Expect ❯ The One that Almost Got Away ( Chapter 48 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 48: The One that Almost Got Away
 
He couldn't find her. He ran his hand through his overgrown hair in frustration, and realized as he brought it out of his black locks that it was trembling almost violently. He grabbed it with his other hand, looking around quickly to make sure no one saw his weakness. No one was around. Good.

He sighed, walking around through the ship to see if there was anything to do. Everyone was occupied with something, and apparently so was Videl, because he couldn't find her. The last place he intended to look was the GR, because that was the least likely place.

However, that was exactly where she was, seemingly studying the structure of the GR computer system. She looked rather engulfed, and he sighed, turning around to leave her alone, and also leaving possible temptation.

Videl jerked around, sensing something in her near vicinity. She had never gotten that feeling before. She smiled softly when she saw him, and she waved him in, hoping that he had seen her. He saw her alright, and he wondered if it was a good idea to go in there, but he had to control himself, and they both knew that.

He pushed the button to open the white metal door, grinning when Videl started walking over to him slowly, and then ended up in a dead run. She flew into his arms, jumping up and wrapping her legs around his waist. He caught her smoothly, holding her against him as he kissed her ear, breathing her in. He would never be able to get enough of her tempting scent, how sweet and innocent it seemed. He never wanted to let her go, but he had to say something to her before anything else happened.

Videl dropped her strong legs from around his trim waist, but still held onto him tightly, reluctant to let him go. She didn't know what had gotten into her just now. She had been thinking about what to do with him and how he was acting when she had seen him glance briefly into the GR, and then get a sad and depressed look on his face as he started to walk away. She had heard something tell her in her mind to call to him, and she hadn't hesitated for a moment. Something was going on with her, and it was making her feel...warm.

Gohan watched almost amused as she stared at him, as if searching for something. He stiffened. He knew that look all too well. It had been the same exact look she had given him when he had saved her from Babidi, and she had been terrified out of her mind. He pulled her closer into his arms, letting her rest her cheek against his shoulder as she held him back. She let out a small sigh, telling him that she was content just where she was, and that she didn't want to let go. He was amazed to feel himself not ready to jump on her, instead, felt the happiness that he had felt every time he looked at her before they had left Earth. He had known something had been up with her the first time he had seen her. He had never envisioned them like this, definitely not like this. He hadn't ever thought of anyone like he did Videl. He smiled against her soft hair. He wondered what her father would think. Probably threaten to kill him. How entertaining that would be.

Videl felt his shoulders shake as if he was trying to hold something back, and she thought that he was going to cry. She pulled back, getting ready to soothe him, but he jerked away, bending over to hold his stomach as he laughed and laughed, unable to stop.

She stood there, hands stubbornly placed on her hips, glaring at him. "What's so funny? You just ruined a perfectly good moment that I was going to store in the back of my mind for gloomy and dismal times! And look what you did to it, you big oaf!"

He tried to sober up, but it didn't work, and he just ended up walking over to her and sweeping her up into his arms. She soon realized that his laughter was contagious, and she started laughing too as he whirled her around the GR floor in big graceful circles, as if to music only they could hear.

Bulma walked by at that moment, and stopped in her tracks, almost dropping the books in her arms onto the floor. She felt a soft smile tug at her lips as she watched the two gradually ease into a slow dance. She noticed the way that Gohan held her closer, his eyes closing as if in ecstasy. Her smile grew even more when his right hand left from around her back and traveled upwards, going up to her ponytail and tugging out the band. She saw quite visibly as he buried his nose in her tumbling hair, and he breathed in deeply. Awwww, she thought, thinking about Vegeta instantly. He does the same thing to my hair. I wonder if it's some sort of Saiya-jin thing....

She took her time walking away, the dreamy smile still on her face.

"What is that smile all about, Woman?" she heard in a familiar deep voice, and she looked ahead of her, her smile turning wicked as she just plain dropped the books on the floor. He cocked his eyebrow at her as she walked over to him, grabbing his arm and dragging him into the lab, and then discreetly locking the door as she brought him over to the metal lab table in the middle of the room. She was planning on having some fun....

"Did I fix it?" Gohan asked softly, pressing his cheek against hers, his eyes still closed as they swayed slowly back and forth.

"Hmm?" Videl mumbled, trying to cherish this moment forever.

"Did I fix it?" he asked again, still keeping his voice quiet.

"Fix what?"

He sighed, letting out a small chuckle. "You said I ruined your moment. Did I fix it?"

"Oh yeah...." she said, agreeing to anything at the moment. He slowly eased them into a stop, and she opened her eyes, seeing him watching her with a look that he had given her this morning in the shower.

"Why do you look at me like that?" she asked gently, feeling something blanketing her into a feeling that she didn't want to leave, and she realized it was Gohan. Gohan...what are you doing to me....

Gohan watched as her eyes darkened to almost as black as his were, and he cupped her cheek in his palm, his other hand leaving her hair to trail down to the nape of her neck, playing with the sensitive spot with tingling fingertips.

Her eyes closed as he bent down lower to her lips, but he didn't kiss her. He still had to tell her something. He knew now for a fact, that it was true, he had known from the moment he had first seen her, except he hadn't known it. He only had to be whacked upside the head before it dawned on him, and then nearly killed by Vegeta to realize it.

She opened her eyes when his teasing movements stilled, and she opened her mouth to say something, except he pressed his fingers to her lips, stopping her before she could say anything.

"Videl, I have to tell you something," he whispered, seeing expressions flash across her face in anticipation, but her hand pulled away his fingers. "No, I need to tell you something more important first, Gohan."

He sighed. "Alright," he said as she smiled, and she pressed a small kiss to his lips. "Gohan, I want you to understand that I'm serious about what I'm about to say."

He nodded, wondering what she could possibly have to say.

"Gohan...I love you."

His eyes widened in shock. Oh, Dende, Videl. You had no idea how much I wanted to hear that....He smiled warmly as he held down the almost urgent feeling in his stomach, and his expression softened as he ran his fingers through her hair.

"Videl...I...I...."

She looked down. She knew it. He didn't love her back. It was all for the sex, it was only her body that he wanted. She felt tears gather in her eyes, and she tried to hold them back because Gohan was still staring straight at her, but she couldn't stop them. They seeped out of the corners of her eyes, but she didn't let them leave his face. She saw his blurry visage through her haze of tears, and she tried to pull away, but he wouldn't let her. He held her stiffly in his powerful arms, and he wiped away her tears even as he smiled. "You know, I've noticed that females tend to come to hasty and unrational decisions. You didn't even let me finish, Videl." He paused as he ran his thumb over her cheek again, shaking his head at her as his smile grew.

"Videl, I love you too."

Her tears turned from tears of utter regret and sadness to complete happiness as she threw herself at him, almost sobbing her joy. "Oh, Gohan. Please don't ever scare me like that again. When you stopped in mid-sentence I thought that you were going to say it, but then you stopped, and I wondered if you were going to lie, and I didn't think I would be able to live if you told me that you didn't love me and I won't ever-"

He stopped her long statement with a demanding kiss, and she clung to him willingly as he attacked her mouth in an odd sort of restrained violence. She knew instantly that something was different with him. She felt him tugging insistently at her suit by her neck, and she almost ripped off his armor in a haste to have him naked and pressed up against her.

Gohan unhooked her own armor, feeling his breathing hitch even as he did it. He felt bloodthirsty. He felt urgent. He felt so many different things that it left his mind in a whirl of confusion. It was different from all the other times. He wondered what was wrong....

You must make her very willing before you do this, Gohan.

Vegeta's words echoed through his head when he almost lost it. He had to keep his head intact and thinking when he did this. He knew it was going to be hard, Vegeta had told him so.

Videl blinked hard when she felt a violent impulse go through her. She frowned, but it was wiped it off as Gohan's mouth covered hers, and she gripped onto his head, nearly pulling his hair out of his head as she pressed his mouth against hers as hard as she could. His eyes shot open in surprise, and he jerked her against him by her arms, complying with her wishes for as hard as a kiss as he could give her. She sent a ragged moan into his mouth, and she almost dragged him down to the floor, but he stopped her, tearing his mouth away.

"No, we have to get out of here. I don't want to do...this here."

She was breathing extremely hard, and she let him grab her hand, running from the GR to their room as fast as they could.