Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ When It Rains.... ❯ Something Did Come ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I only own the words in this here fic. Don't sue me. Thank you. "Nothing Could Come Between Us" is by Theory of a Deadman, a Canadian band, (Yah, Canada) Love them to bits.



Something Did Come

By WeaverOfDreams

~......~ =Lyrics

~Well I'm running back and forth from here to South Carolina

Wishing you were here. I guess I should watch what I wish for~



The night hung thick as he made his way through the main complex of the Capsule Corporation. He could feel the overbearing weight of dread settle on his shoulders. Apprehension was so thick in the air , it stuck in his throat. He knew she'd be waiting. He had seen the light in their shared room flick on the moment he stepped onto the grounds. It wasn't like him to come in through the front door but he had bypassed all the security. He doubt he'd tell her about the dozen or so bots she'd have to repair. He already knew she was mad enough as it was.

Vegeta, Prince of Sayjins, made his way up the stairs quietly, the floorboards not giving one protesting creak or groan. He silently gave thanks to whatever gods were up there in the heavens. He didn't want to voice his location to her. When he appeared to her next , he wanted it to be on his own time. Coming up to the doorway, he waited. He could hear the noises inside the room , his woman shifting around. She got up and moved around, close to the door. Her scent flowed in the air, curling around his nose. He had missed that scent. It was warm and comforting. He would spend nights just breathing in her scent, arms wrapped around her. It calmed him, set him at peace. And like an first class idiot, he threw it all away. For a moment of glory, he threw it all away. His hand hovered over the doorknob, feeling for once in his life, nervous. How would she greet him? With anger? With happiness? Or nothing?

~You're right on time, so invite me in, this is where your trouble begins,

But I like you better than the other ones, and you say I'm right

When you know I'm wrong. We could never just get along~

Before he could place his hand on the doorknob, the door swung open, shocking him slightly. He had been so caught up in his thoughts, he failed to sense her so close to the door. The shock vanished from his face to be replaced by the mask that he usually wore. His eyes gazed at his woman. She was radiant. Like an angel, dressed in a Capsule Corp t-shirt and a pair of tight shorts .She stood there, eyes fixed on him, not their normal sky blue, they were darkened to an almost royal blue. He knew this was a clear sign of her anger. He steeled himself for it, because he knew in his mind, her anger was justified.

~Don't you hate when it gets stuck in your mouth and then

Those words get in the way. she said...~

He had seen her anger before, but this was different. He could tell from the look in her eyes, by how cold her tone was when she addressed him. Gods, had he lost her? He expected anger, but not his much. Frowning he pondered her question. Lifting a brow , he made his way forwards, brushing past her into their room. She followed, closing the door. Standing in the middle of the room, he turned and faced her. It was now or never.

"Why do you think I came back , silly woman?" He said gruffly, folding his arms, his back straightened. This was going to be one of those nights.

She remained silent, looking at him. He could feel those blue eyes pierce him as sharply as any blast would. She studied him as if he were an insect and he felt the instinct to squirm under her glare. Her face showed no emotion, he almost envied her control. She made her way over towards him till she stood about a foot away from him, she looked him right into his eyes and her control snapped. Her eyes blazed, her brow furrowed and her mouth set into a grim line. Her kaw clenched as she gritted her teeth.

"I know what you said to Goku, Vegeta. I know what you told him when you were fighting him." She ground out between her teeth, her hands clenched at her sides, her whole body tense.

~Nothing could come between us, no nothing, nothing

One of those favorite things that she used to say

That's just what she said

Nothing could come between us, no nothing, nothing

Sorry to say but I don't feel the same~

He let those words sink into his mind as he felt the ground give way under his feet. He had never intended for her to know those words. How did she find out? The only other person who knew was Kakarott. Fury filled his mind. He was going to kill that fool. First, however , he had to fix this. Kill the fool later. He blinked, watched as the fury played in her eyes. She was quite glorious in her rage, so Sayjin like. He had been a fool to even think of throwing it all away. He had to put a plug on this a settle it. His pride, however, would not allow him to admit his guilt. He still had that. His jaw locked as he felt a slight burning in his gut. Old indignance came back like a lost friend.

"So? You know what I said to the fool. You know me, woman. You know that I am a warrior and would do anything to achieve my goals. I was weakened by my feelings for you. I cannot allow that to happen. I gave you no illusions to what you were getting into. I tried to break it off with you, but you pulled me back in. You make me weak." He said, scornfully, knowing he was making the situation worse, but not caring one bit. If she wanted a fight , she would get one.

He could see her face flush, knowing he had pushed her. Her eyes drifted from a dark blue to a bright blue, sparking her anger, glinting with her rage. Her upper lip started to curl into a sneer. Of all the death looks he had been give, this one was a topper. Before he knew what was happening, he felt the slight sting of her palm against his cheek. Dazed, he stared at her, her hand his raised in the after swing. He could feel the slight burn on his cheek and that just fueled his fire.

"How dare you?! You bastard!! None of this means anything to you, not me, not Trunks, nothing!!! Do you care so little about us? All of it was for nothing. All those words, all the things that you said to me in the hospital when I had Trunks, all of it, lies?! This has been all a farce?" she yelled, her eyes glinting now with angry tears.

He marveled at her anger. All the while, a sinking feeling of dread lodged in his gut and in his throat. He had gone too far. He had only meant to push the woman into a verbal spar and then make her see his side, let her release her rage and then, once she had calmed down, tell her he was sorry. Well, we all know what happens to the best laid plans.. Now staring at her, realizing this had been the most volatile she had ever been, he could all see it go downhill. A fatalist always, he went along for the ride. Some cruel twisting part of himself left from the spell wanted her to hurt.

~ You're so damn relentless, and you will find

The two of us are like two of a kind,

But it hits you harder than the other ones

And you said it loosely,

When i'm just sitting here with my self~

" It has been whatever you want it to be , Woman. As I have said, I gave you no illusions to what this was between us. You assume too much. You assumed I cared for you, for your brat. You assumed I needed you, wanted you around, that I was happy here. How would you know, idiot. Who are you to know the mind of a Prince? Don't fool yourself woman, you were just a good and convenient fuck." He let those words fall like acid from his lips. If the woman truly wanted to see what she was up against, here it was.

He saw her eyes widen and a gasp leave her mouth. She looked disbelieving as if she couldn't believe he had just said that. Rage panted out of her with every breath. The shock was soon replaced by a fire he had never witnessed before. She pointed a finger at him and sneered.

~Don't you hate when it gets stuck in your mouth and then

Those words get in the way. She said...~

"I don't know the mind of a prince? You are no Prince, you're the prince of nothing. You are a coward, letting Babidi control you. You gave yourself to him completely. You mindless worm. You're a disgrace, Goku will always be better then you. You'll never be at his level. You are nothing but a putrefied mass of shit, always bemoaning the fact that Goku tops you at everything and when you couldn't get to his level the honest way, you cheated. There is nothing respectable about you and you think I should respect you? Hah! You are not even worth my spit." Bulma said giving it all back to him. He was going to kill her, she knew it.

He stood there, shocked. Never had he heard such words from her. A part of him knew that he deserved every bit of her verbal bashing but the bigger part, the part that was now fully in control seethed with rage. How dare she?! His back stiffened as he was about match her when she put up a hand, stopping him

~Nothing could come between us, no nothing, nothing

One of those favorite things that she used to say

That's just what she said

Nothing could come between us, no nothing, nothing

Sorry to say but I don't feel the same

Since home is where the hurt is.~

"I don't want to hear it anymore, Vegeta. Get out! Don't you dare come back. Me and my brat will be just fine without you. If I ever see you again, It'll be too soon. Now get , the fuck out!!" She said, glaring, fuming.

Never had he felt so much rage. He wanted to kill her. Glaring right back at her, he knew, deep down he couldn't kill her, couldn't take her light away. So he would do the next best thing. He would hate her. With a sneer, he mock bowed to her and then turned making his way to the window, opening it up he was just about to fly off when he heard her speak again.

~It's on your conscience, I'm not for sale

It's on your conscience, I'm not for sale

Nothing could come, oh nothing could come

She said...~

"I hate you, Vegeta." She whispered, the first angry tears falling down her cheeks

He stiffened, and felt , for the first time, a touch of remorse. His bigger, meaner, crueler side scoffed at remorse and he turned, an evil smirk on his lips as he looked her right into her eyes.

"I hate you too, Bulma." He said with a sneer, using her name for more effect. She paled softly. He then turned, it finally complete. He flew out the window and left her behind with her angry tears and the hateful words.

~Nothing could come between us, no nothing, nothing

One of those favorite things that she used to say

Nothing could come between us, no nothing, nothing

Sorry to say but I don't feel the same

Since home is where the hurt is.

Oh nothing, oh nothing, oh nothing

It's on your conscience, I'm not for sale~



To be Continued......