Fan Fiction ❯ Our Agreement ❯ The Aftermath And The Letter ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Chapter 6: The Aftermath And The Letter

When he came to conciousness he felt pain over his entire body. Oh, how he had skrewed up this time. Kobayashi gingerly sat up to see what had become of Siaka.

She looked like a wreck as she sat with a vage expresion on her face, the blood that was from her sholder hadn't been cleaned, and it almost looked as if she could cry.

He found his voice and managed a weak, "Siaka...." and tried to get over to her best as he could.

"Don't come near me." her voice cracked.

He couldn't tell why she was such a detached state. "What's wrong?"

"Me, I shouldn't be near anyone. Look what I did to you. I hurt everyone I care about!" she she said looking at her hand that she had apparently slashed and were now bleeding badly.

"Siaka! It wasn't your fult! You didn't do anything wrong. You wern't yourself and I was asking for it." he yelled at her.

"I did it either way though. I am responcible for this." she mumbled quietly.

He had a glazed look as he said, "It wasn't your fult. If you hadn't fought back, I may have killed you."

"So, what?" she asked bitterly. "I shouldn't have fought you. Dieing doesn't consurn me." her eyes were compleatly hazzed over when he had started to clean her cuts the best he could with bandaged hands. She was awake, but she remained compleatly limp.

"Please don't punish yourself." he told her after he had finished.

She gave no responce.

"Why wont you say anything?!" he asked, upset.

"Just let me die...." came her monotone voice.

"No! I won't, I can't. You can't leave me." he cried putting his head in her lap to covered his tears and his torn face. He was surprised when he felt a hand running softly threw his hair.

Her voice softed to a soothing tone he didn't know she was capable of producing. "It's okay, Yashi-kun. I won't go anywhere."

They sat like that for a long time until Kobayashi knowtest something.

"Did you see that letter that has 'Kirihara Siaka' on the front?" he asked picking it up after getting up himself.

He handed it to her. "No, I didn't. But it has my name on it so it's probably for me." she chuckled.

"You have a last name?" another thing he didn't know.

"Yes most people do."

"Why haddent you told me?"

"You didn't ask."

"Oh, and is that supost to exlpain it?"

"Bingo."

The beautful letter across the top read:

i ro ha ni ho he to chi ri nu ru wo
wa ka yo ta re so tsu ne na ra mu
u wi no o ku ya ma ki fu ko e te
a sa ki yu me mi shi we hi mo se su n

(A/N: That is a beautiful poem by Kukai, but anyway the translation is: Though gay in hue, the blossoms flutter down also, Who then in this world of ours may contine forever? Crossing today the uttermost limits of phenomenal existence I shall no more see fleeting dreams, neither be any longer intoxicated. I think it is apropreat, ne?)

Then the contence of the letter read:

Dear Siaka-sama,
I, Kishijoten, would like to complement you on your combat skills. You along with your friend, are of the highest ability I've seen with such little effort given to do so. You should feel quite acomplished to catch such prominant figures eyes.
This isn't the reason for this letter however. I would like you to stay at my hotel in the upper city area. I would like to cunsult with you then. It is in the Bionnade Square, the hotel is called Hana. I belive you will know where it is. Just give your name at the desk...
Sinccerly Yours,
Kishijoten

"Well that is interesting." she mumbled, folding the paper into her pocket.

"What is it?" Kobayashi asked.

"A letter...." she said still mumbleing.

"I could have guessed that much..." he roled his eyes.

".....from Kishijoten."

That was almost unhurd of, to reseve recignition from a goddess "Are you two like friends or something?"

"Lowly, unwanted me, friends with a goddess....Yashi, I think I hit you on the head to hard." she chuckles coldly.

"You shouldn't hold yourself at such a low level. Your pretty enough to be royalty." he wished he hadn't said that, but the words came out.

"Oh. Eh.... we should get going to the place she invited me then." she said walking off, leaving Kobayashi to walk on his injured feet.

She had walked about half way there before she had thought of Kobayashi's feet. Knowing he could hardly walk she ran back to where he was.

"Are you alright?" she panted out of breath.

"Fine." he winced.

"You shouldn't be walking on those until they have time to heal....." she sounded consuned.

Kobayashi laughed, "I don't mind really.... You don't need to worry about it..."

"Well, guess what? The reason you can't walk is my fult so I should be consurned about it...." she said making him sit down.

"Oh, Siaka-sama...." he sighed.

She got them a taxi to give them a ride there.

~*~*~*~*~*~

They gave Siaka's name at the desk and they were shown their room.

"Is she trying to make us kill eachother?" Siaka mumbled sitting on one of the beds.

Kobayashi just chuckled and sat on the floor. "Well, then I'll just have to be extra carful not to make you pissed off then."

Siaka was fiddling with another note she found on the bedstand, "Another one oh joy." She read it out loud and it said they were invited to a formal party in honor of something or an other.

Kobayashi had a horified look on his face. "We arn't going them are we. I mean we can't go in these outfits, not exactly dressy....."

She cut him off and contined to read the note, "There are formal clothing in the closet. Well, imagine that."

"But, but, uh, we arn't going are we?" by then she had already taken out the dress and locked herself in the bathroom to put it on.

"You better be wearing those clothes." she yelled.

"Yes, Siaka-sama." he muttered and put on the black dress pants.

"I wonder how bad this looks...." Siaka said as she walked out of the batheroom.

The beauty took Kobayashi's breath away. All he could do is watch her. He knew Siaka was always this pretty, but she never really wore nice, unbaggy clothing to show it off.

She was wearing a black and white mideval looking dress that had realistic angel wings attached to the back that had charms rapped around them. "Is it that bad?" she fround.

"No, no, not at all. You are very beautiful." he smiled after finding his breath.

"Oh, thanks. Uh, are you just going to wear the dress pants or put a shirt on too?"

He mumbled as he put the maroon dress shirt on and then put his leather jacket on top of it.

Siaka smiled, "Are you incapable of dressing up or do you just really not want to go to this?"

"Both"

She grabed his arm and dragged him out, much to his dismay. "Well, we are going to this thing, you don't nessicarily need to do anything, just be there."