Fan Fiction ❯ Who is Slade ❯ The Message ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Who is Slade?

Chapter 3: The message

There was a knock at the door. "Go get it Cy," Beast-boy said absolutely hooked on this new video game. "Your closer to the door!" Cyborg said to him. Then, with a moan, Beast-boy pressed pause and got up to answer the door. (Ding dong) "I'll be there in the minute, sheesh!" When he opened the door he found a bruised Speedy.

(BOOM!) The sound of the two females battling in the street caused people to look out of their windows. "I know that Robin has some kind of feelings for me, and I'll prove it!" Starfire yelled. Raven used her telekinetic powers to pick up a truck that was passing by. She threw it at Starfire. The man who was driving the truck fell out just as it was about to hit her. Then Star quickly used her powers to blow up the truck.

"Speedy, what happened to you buddy?" Beast-boy said with concern. Speedy lay on the titan couch exhausted. "Slade…it was…Slade," He said. "What'd he do, man, talk to me!" Cyborg said shaking Speedy. He fell unconscious.

As Robin ran up the street, he could hear the crashing of Raven and Star's powers. When finally got up their, Starfire had Raven on the ground pulling her hair. He could see that everyone in this neighborhood was watching. "Stop, Stop, Stoooooooooooooooooooooop!" He yelled. Everyone stopped what they were doing. Robin walked into the middle of the crowd and dragged Raven and Star home by the ear.

When they got home they were surprised to find Speedy there. When Robin saw that he was unconscious he ran over to his friend. "Speedy, wake up!" He said shaking him. He gave up for after a while and punched a hole into the wall. Everyone was scared. When Robin got mad, he got mad. He turned to his other teammates. "I'm gonna go get some fresh air. Take care of him." When Robin opened the door, he jumped back. Aqualad lay on the welcome mat of their house.

Both of the powerful soloists lay on the emergency bed of the Titan house. Robin was breathing hard. He couldn't hold it in anymore. "What the fuck do you want Slade? I'm gonna kill your ass! You hear me?" He fell to his knees and broke down crying. Too many of his friends had been hurt because of Slade. It was about time he took him down for good.

Robin had had the dream again. He got up from his bed. He knew what he had to do. He was going after Slade, alone. He finally knew what his dream meant, or so he thought. If he took the team with him, something horrible would happen to them. That's why he had to do it by himself. It was 3:00 in the morning. He suited up.

He went into the gym to try a new technique. Once he had it pat down, he was on his way. He left a note for the others.

Speedy was in the gym. He had been punching the bag as hard and as fast as he could. He was so angry with himself. How did he let Slade beat him so quickly? Raven ran into the room. He walked over to her. "What's wrong?" He asked. "Robin is gone!" She told him. "I know just where he went. Get the others. We gotta move, now." He said as he got his arrows.

The titans were in the T-car. "So where do you think he ran off to?" Cyborg asked Speedy. "To a warehouse on Main and Gotham. That's where Slade's hideout is in this city." Raven was worried. Robin knew he couldn't do this without some help, so why would he go on his own? The titans soon reached the enormous warehouse. They could hear explosions inside. "Let's move." Cyborg said as everyone got out of the car. They ran up to the warehouse and kicked down the door.

TO BE CONTINUED…