Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction / Hellsing Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ When The Skeletons Dance ❯ The Only Survivor ( Chapter 11 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

When The Skeletons Dance
 
The Only Survivor
 
\_-_-_-_/
 
“Hey, Bankotsu. You know about the powers I had been developing lately?”
 
One by one, they had slaughtered with their spears and arrows. The war scarred soldiers each had the smirk all of their own. Their horses neighed underneath their chosen riders. She was stranded there, surrounded by her dead comrades, eyes leaking the dried black blood.
 
“Yeah? What about it?”
 
She sheered, her skin are turning black, as the memory had begun to roll like the age-old film in her head.
 
“Well, I think the powers, if I can learn them, will return the dead to the living world if I called to them… What do you think?”
 
As her skin turning darker, she looked at her fallen comrades sadly, her bloody tears were intended for them, showing how much she treasured them, the poison master including.
 
“Well… I love the thrills of killings… Hey, if I'm dead and there's another war coming, return me to the living, would ya?! I don't care if I was to be your servant or all that craps, just give me the thrills of killings. You promise?”
 
Just wait, Bankotsu. This war will be over in just in sec. I'll bring you back next time, okay, Bankotsu?, she thought as she gave the most chilling look to the soldiers as her small body suddenly dissolved by the moving, beastly shadows. “All of you will die today!” She howled, her once soft voice now demonic sounding. The horses neighed like they knew the death was coming.
 
“Sure! …But what about others, leader-sama?”
 
The screams from the soldiers were their last as the shadows suddenly wrapped around their armored bodies, snapping their bodies like the twigs, some were devoured since shadows also had the mouths as well.
 
“Hey. If I know them as well as I think I do then they would want that too.”
 
Some of the soldiers, the horses included, had been devoured and some had their broken bodies laid out on the bloodied dirt of the ground. “Fools. This is the death you deserved. All broken and all laid out on the ground of the war zone.” She said, her voice still demonic. Then suddenly, she gave out a loud sob.
 
“Okay! I'll remember that, leader-sama!”
 
She cried as she allowed her demonic shadows to carry the bodies of her fallen comrades into the shadow realm, which had just opened up. She won't allow them to be devoured by all others worthless creatures or dissolved by the dirt. She wanted them to be in her tomb of the shadow realm. They deserved it.
 
Her skin returned to normal. No demonic shadow to be seen. But her bloody tears are still there. She made no move to brush them away. There weren't any of her comrades to be seen alive, laughing in victory as she wish they would be.
 
She realized then, she was the only survivor stranded in the bloody battleground.
 
\_-_-_-_/
 
 
Words: 485
Paragraphs: 15
 
-
 
Author's Note: …*sobbed in the corner*
 
-The Gravedancers