Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction / Hellsing Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ When The Skeletons Dance ❯ The Twenty-Four Blackbirds ( Chapter 15 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

When The Skeletons Dance
 
The Twenty-Four Blackbirds
 
\_-_-_-_/
 
She eyed the maid baking the pie. She had heard the maid's thought about poisoning her old, loyal servant, Watson, due to the dreadful rumors flying about lately. The rumors were often about her bathing in the blood of most beautiful virgin women and her old servant often stole them for her without a second thought. She frowned. It wasn't true at all. It was another royal woman, a vampire. She had met her and the heavy scent of blood had hit her in her nose, practically radiating from her.
 
Despite she wasn't true of the rumors; she still earned the name of the Blood Queen.
 
She smirked sharply as she exacted the revenge of the disloyal human maid; she hummed the soft rhymes as her ravens, her crows, and all of her blackbirds slowly, one by one, had been summoned to perch on the tree branch to keep an eye on the maid inside the kitchen before her orders.
 
Sing a song of sixpence
A pocket full of rye
Four-and-twenty Blackbirds baked in a pie
And when the pie is ready
The birds begin to sing
Isn't this a dainty dish to set before the King
 
She slowly walked passed the kitchen's glass window, which the maid was startled, suddenly thought her as the ominous shadow and yet passed it off as the shadow of the garden keeper. The smallest of the birds had come to perch on her finger, chirping a song for her. Though that had made her smile slightly, she did not stop her soft singing.
 
The King was in his counting-house
Counting lots of money
The Queen was in the garden
Eating bread and honey
The maid was in the garden
Hanging out the clothes
When down came a blackbird
And pecked off her nose
 
Suddenly, she called for the biggest one of all; the one bird had blasted into the window. The one shard of the broken glass had struck into one of her ugly, simple eyes, the maid was screaming for her life. The one bird was quickly followed by many of other birds and had attacked her skin, torn off her maid clothes, peeled off her nose.
 
She made such a commotion
That little Jenny Wren
Flew down from her tree
And stuck it on again
 
The maid stopped screaming and fell down and died. The birds stopped their pecking and flown out of the window. She smiled, letting the small bird to fly away with its' family, before picking up her scarlet Victorian dress and quickly fled into her home.
 
She faked her shock. She faked her tears. And the rumors had seemed to have settled some. Yet Watson had still seen through her fake mask and he still smiled. “You know, my servant, I did it to save you. She made a poison pie, just waiting for you. I told you, Watson, we should never have normal human servants in the first place, anyway. ” She frowned.
 
And he grinned. “Oh? The pie she made? I think I eaten a part of it.”
 
She stood there, shocked and in horror.
 
\_-_-_-_/
 
 
Nursery Rhymes Used: Sing a Song of Sixpence
Rhymes' Words: 96
Rhymes' Paragraphs: 3
 
Words (minus the rhymes'): 425
Paragraphs (minus the rhymes'): 9
 
-
 
Author's Note: There will be some more nursery rhymes in the future so expect to see some creepy rhymes soon. Heh, I like this chapter!
 
-The Gravedancers
 
(PS. Please review! REVIEW! I'll be fine with just one, just review!)