Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Mobile Suit Gundam Fan Fiction / Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Mobile Suit Gundam Tournament ❯ Level 2, Match 3 ( Chapter 26 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Mobile Suit Gundam Tournament

Episode 26

Level 2, Match 3

Written By
Mark Moore


Author's note: Thunderstorm season started here a few weeks ago. Florida is the lightning capital of the United States, so these frequent storms are limiting my writing time. Still, I'm trying to finish this series by Christmas or New Year's Eve. Enjoy the story. Feedback is welcome.


Iran has defeated Poland and remains in the tournament. The Polish Gundam team has shared its data and met with the American Gundam team. Now, attention shifts to the next match.

Monday, November 19, 2007, 4:48 PM, Eastern Standard Time

The United States military base where the Gundam was being tested was Aznable Air Force Base in Tampa, Florida. The Gundam was in a hangar.

Lunamaria Hawke, the Gundam's test pilot, was sitting in the cockpit, which was located in the Gundam's chest area.

Emma Sheen stood on the platform adjacent to the cockpit, watching Lunamaria. Standing at consoles on the platform were Nina Purpleton and Lucette Audevie, the two engineers that had designed the Gundam for the United States Government. They worked for Anaheim Electronics and were currently under military command while on this project. The fourth person on the platform was Relena Peacecraft. She was interested in the proceedings but was primarily there to give moral support to Emma.

"Okay, raise the right arm."

At Nina's request, Lunamaria pulled the lever on her console that controlled the right arm. The arm slowly rose up until it was pointing straight up.

Nina smiled. "Good. Now, make a fist."

Lunamaria pressed the right fist button. The Gundam's right hand closed into a fist.

Nina nodded. "Good! Now, lift the right leg."

Lunamaria pressed the right leg button. The Gundam's right leg lifted.

Nina nodded. "Good! Now, extend the leg into kicking position."

Lunamaria pressed and held the right leg button. The Gundam's right leg extended.

"Well, I think the Gundam is good as we can get it. She should take a break."

Nina nodded. "Agreed, Lucette. Power down, Lunamaria."

Lunamaria opened the Gundam's hand, lowered its arm, lowered its leg, and shut off the Gundam. The blue glow in the Gundam's eyes disappeared.

Lunamaria got out of the cockpit.

Nina looked at Emma. "That's about all that we can do, Emma. The rest is up to you."

Emma smiled. "I appreciate everything that you've done."

Nina smiled. "We try."

Murrue Ramius, Emma's superior officer, walked into the hangar.

Emma and Lunamaria saluted her. "Captain!"

"At ease. How's the Gundam coming along, Nina?"

"It's good as we can get it."

"Did the Polish data help any?"

"Not really."

"I guess you were so caught up in your work that you forgot about the time. Match 3 is going to start soon."

Relena smiled. "Thanks for reminding us. Let's go to my house to watch it. I'll cook dinner."

Murrue smiled. "Sounds good."


Nina, Lucette, Murrue, and Lunamaria gathered in the living room in Relena and Emma's house and took their seats.

Relena and Emma, each carrying a tray with three large glasses filled with cola, walked into the living room. The other four women each took a glass. Relena and Emma set the trays on the table, each took a glass, and sat down.

Relena turned on the television.

"Good afternoon, everyone. Welcome to Level 2, Match 3, of the First Gundam Tournament. We're here live in Jerusalem. Allow me to introduce myself to those of you watching at home. My name is Bright Noa. I am the commentator for this tournament. Today's match is Israel versus Lebanon. The Israeli pilot is Shimon Olmert. The Lebanese pilot is Fouad Lahoud. Israel's Gundam - the red one - is 20.5 meters tall, 0.5 meters of which is taken up by the head. It is armed with a beam rifle. Lebanon's Gundam - the green one - is 19 meters tall, 0.5 meters of which is taken up by the head. It is armed with a beam rifle. The match is about to begin."

"Fight!" a simulated male voice declared over a speaker.

Shimon moved his Gundam forward and punched Lebanon's Gundam with its right fist. Lebanon's Gundam was knocked back a bit.

Fouad made his Gundam jump into the air, then he fired at Israel's Gundam with the beam rifle in its left hand. The shots hit Israel's Gundam repeatedly.

Shimon fired at Lebanon's Gundam repeatedly with the beam rifle in his Gundam's left hand. The shots hit Lebanon's Gundam repeatedly.

"Overheating!" the simulated male voice of Lebanon's Gundam declared.

"Take that!" Shimon yelled.

"Take this!" Fouad yelled.

Fouad fired his Gundam's beam rifle repeatedly, hitting Israel's Gundam over and over again.

"Overheating!" the simulated male voice of Israel's Gundam declared.

"You won't do that again!" Shimon exclaimed.

Shimon kicked Lebanon's Gundam ten times with his Gundam's right leg.

"Overheating!" the simulated male voice of Lebanon's Gundam declared.

Fouad kicked Israel's Gundam repeatedly with his Gundam's left leg.

"Overheating!" the simulated male voice of Israel's Gundam declared.

Shimon fired his Gundam's beam rifle. Fouad activated his Gundam's thrusters and flew his Gundam into the sky, dodging the blast.

Fouad fired his Gundam's beam rifle repeatedly at Israel's Gundam, hitting it repeatedly.

"Checkmate!" the simulated male voice of Israel's Gundam declared.

Shimon's Gundam fell backwards.

"Well done! Glory to the winner!" the simulated male voice declared over a speaker.

"Damn it!" Shimon exclaimed. "How could this happen?!"

"And there you have it. Lebanon has beaten Israel. Israel is out of the competition, but it is allowed to assist another nation of its choice. Lebanon moves on to Level 3. There will be more coverage on your evening news. Thank you for joining us."

Relena turned off the television.

"We've got some time before the evening news begins. I'll make dinner now." Relena stood up.

Emma stood up. "I'll help you."

Relena and Emma collected the empty glasses, placed them on the trays, and carried them into the kitchen.


Relena turned on her grill in her backyard. Relena and Emma placed six steaks (three each) on it. Emma closed the grill.

The women walked back into the kitchen and then into the living room.

They took their seats.

The evening news came on.

Peter Jenkins, the lead anchor, was sitting at his desk in New York City.

"Good evening, everyone. The third match of the second level of the First Gundam Tournament was held in Jerusalem this afternoon. The participants were Israel and Lebanon. Lebanon won. It will move on to Level 3. Israel, meanwhile, having been eliminated from the tournament, has announced today that it will back the United States in the tournament. We turn to our White House correspondent, Donald Samuelson. Donald, how is the White House reacting to Lebanon's victory and Israel's defeat?"

"Peter, both Israel and Lebanon are considered friendly competitors, so the White House wasn't too interested in the outcome of this match. Overall, it's mostly a neutral reaction."

"Do the resources of Lebanon match those of the United States?"

"It's doubtful, Peter."

"All right. Donald Samuelson, many thanks. Now for the day's other news."

Relena turned off the television.

"Dinner should be ready." Relena stood up.

The rest of the women stood up as well.


Relena opened the grill and turned it off. Relena and Emma picked up the steaks (three each) and placed them on plates.

Relena and Emma walked back into the kitchen and set the plates on the counter.

Each woman took a steak, placed it on her own plate, and poured barbecue sauce over it.

Relena added mashed potatoes on each plate and then poured gravy on it.

The women took the plates to the table, sat down, and started eating.

"What do you think of the match?" Murrue asked.

Emma swallowed a piece of beef. "Neither Gundam is particularly impressive."

Relena swallowed a piece of beef. "Yeah, I didn't care for this match."

Lunamaria smiled. "There will probably be 2 more Level 2 matches like this. When Level 3 starts, things will be more interesting, because the best competitors from Level 2 will be competing against each other."

Murrue smiled. "Yeah, that'll be fun to watch."

Nina looked at Lucette. "We've got only 3 days until our second Gundam match. We should look over our Gundam 1 more time to make sure that everything's perfect."

Lucette smiled. "There's no such thing, but I get what you mean, Nina. Agreed."

Murrue looked at Emma. "Iraq should be pretty easy, and I think you're ready as you'll ever be. Take the rest of the evening off."

Emma smiled. "Thanks, sir."


After dinner, Emma and Relena drove to the beach in Emma's yellow convertible.

Emma shut off the engine and turned on the radio. "Circle In the Sand" by Belinda Carlisle started playing.

After they got out of the car, Emma and Relena ran onto the sand.

It was a chilly Autumn evening. The wind was blowing. Waves were crashing against the shoals.

Emma spread her arms, inhaled the air, and felt the breeze blowing against her. "Ah, that feels so good!"

Relena spread her arms, inhaled the air, and felt the breeze blowing against her. "Yeah! I feel so alive!"

"Take off your clothes."

Relena was shocked. "This is a public beach, Emma!"

Emma smiled. "And no one's here. C'mon, Relena. It'll feel great."

Without waiting for a response, Emma took off her clothes and dropped them on the sand.

Relena stared at Emma for a moment. Emma was basking in the caress of the wind.

Relena took off her own clothes and dropped them on the sand. Instantly, she felt the wind caressing her nude body.

"This does feel great!" Relena exclaimed.

Emma smiled. "I told you so, Relena."

"I could stay like this for hours."

"Wanna do something that'll feel even better?" Emma asked her.

Relena was confused. "What's that?"

Emma hugged Relena and kissed her on the lips.

Relena hugged Emma.

Emma pressed her tongue against Relena's lips.

Relena parted her lips and allowed Emma's tongue admittance into her mouth.

Emma caressed Relena's tongue with her own tongue.

Relena shoved her tongue into Emma's mouth and caressed Emma's tongue with her own tongue.

It's soon became a game of dueling tongue and each woman sought to outdo the other.

Finally, Emma finished the kiss and playfully licked Relena on the lips.

Emma smiled. "I wanna suck your tongue."

Relena stuck out her tongue.

Emma captured Relena's tongue in her mouth and sucked on it for a while before releasing it.

"Did you like that?" Emma asked her.

"Oh, yeah."

"You wanna suck mine?" Emma offered.

"Yeah."

Emma stuck out her tongue.

Relena captured Emma's tongue in her mouth and sucked on it for a while before releasing it.

"Did you like that?" Relena asked her.

"Oh, yeah."

Relena playfully licked Emma on the lips.

"How do you think you'll do on Thursday?" Relena asked her.

"I'm sure that I'll do fine. It's just Iraq. Yeah, I know that it beat France, but its Gundam didn't look impressive at all last time."

Relena smiled. "You're right. Iraq probably spent a lot more money on security than it did on its Gundam."

"Yeah, that's probably true. Just because there's an official global cease-fire doesn't mean terrorists have stopped causing violence."

"It kinda makes you wonder how effectively that the eventual Federation Government will maintain order."

Suddenly, it started to rain.

Emma and Relena started laughing.

"Wanna get in the car?" Emma asked.

"Not unless it starts to thunder."

"What do you want to do?" Emma asked her.

Relena gave Emma a seductive smile. "I want to fuck you."

"I want to fuck you, too."

"Let's fuck!" Emma exclaimed. "Right here, right now!"

"Fuck me!" Relena demanded and then passionately kissed Emma on the lips.

Emma guided Relena down onto the sand.


Mobile Suit Gundam Tournament


Mobile Suit Gundam Tournament


In Montreal, Canada, Christina MacKenzie, Reccoa Londe, and Flay Allster sped down a road in Christina's red convertible. They were listening to "Find the Way" by Mika Nakashima on the radio.

They soon arrived at École du Ciel.

Christina parked her convertible in one of the faculty parking spaces.

After parking the car and getting out of it, Christina, Reccoa, and Flay walked to the school's entrance. It was a cool Autumn evening. A gentle breeze was blowing.

Christina inhaled the fresh air and exhaled. "I love Autumn so much."

Flay inhaled the fresh air and exhaled. "I love it, too."

Reccoa inhaled the fresh air and exhaled. "I love it, too."

Christina opened the door to one of the buildings and stood aside. Flay walked into the building, Reccoa followed her, and Christina followed her.

They walked down a corridor and over to an office.

Christina knocked on the door.

"Come in."

Christina opened the door and walked into the office. Reccoa followed her. Flay followed and closed the door behind her.

Natarle Badgiruel, Christina's superior officer and the school's dean, was sitting behind her desk.

Une Antonn was sitting in a chair in Natarle's office.

Christina saluted Natarle. "Lieutenant Christina MacKenzie reporting as ordered, sir."

"At ease, Lieutenant."

Christina relaxed.

Natarle smiled. "I'll take you three to check in on the Gundam first, then I want you to hit the simulator."

Christina smiled. "Hehe."

Natarle stood up. "Not like that, Chris. Let's go to the hangar."

Christina grinned. "Yes, sir!"

Une stood up. "I think you'll find that the Gundam is coming along quite nicely."

"Oh?" Christina asked.

"You'll see, Chris."


Natarle, Une, Christina, Reccoa, and Flay each submitted to thumbprint and retinal scans outside the hangar. Then Natarle typed in a code on the keypad.

The hangar doors opened.

Natarle, Une, Christina, Reccoa, and Flay walked into the hangar.

The hangar doors closed.

Soon, they arrived at the Gundam.

"It looks the same to me."

Natarle looked at her. "Patience, Christina."

Natarle, Une, Christina, Reccoa, and Flay walked into the elevator. Natarle pressed Up, and the elevator rose. It stopped at the chest area, and the five women got out of the elevator.

Miriallia Haw, the Gundam's head engineer and communications officer, was standing at a console. Standing with her was Stella Loussier. Catherine Bloom was also standing there, staring at the Gundam in fascination.

Miriallia turned to face Natarle and saluted. "Sir!"

"At ease."

Miriallia relaxed.

"How's the Gundam coming along?" Natarle asked.

"Great. It's ready as it'll ever be."

"I want you to bring Christina, Reccoa, and Flay up to speed."

"Well, basically, we fortified the Gundam's armor with titanium. It's now more durable, which means attacks will do less damage. It's an expensive gamble, but I think it'll pay off when you win your second match."

Christina smiled. "You seem to have a lot of confidence in me, Miriallia."

Miriallia smiled. "Think positively."

"I'll try."

"Stella helped me with the upgrades."

Stella smiled. "I look forward to your second match."

"Will you be ready in time?" Miriallia asked Christina.

"I believe so. I've practiced in the simulator for many hours."

"On your way there now?" Miriallia asked.

Christina smiled. "Of course."

Miriallia turned to face the Gundam. "Asuna! Come on out!"

The Gundam's cockpit, which was located in the chest area, opened, and Asuna Elmarit, the test pilot, got out.

"Asuna, Christina is going in the sim. Let's go and watch her."

Asuna smiled. "Okay."

All of the women walked over to the elevator and rode down to the floor.

Miriallia smiled. "All right, Christina, let's see how you do."


The women entered the simulation room in another building on the campus.

Christina got into the first simulator. "Okay, I'm ready."

Miriallia made some selections on the computer console. "I switched the program to 2-player mode. Do I have a volunteer that is insane enough to take on the awesome Christina MacKenzie?"

Catherine walked over to the second simulator. "I'll try it."

"Okay. Hop in."

Christina smirked. "This'll be amusing."

Catherine got into the second simulator. "Okay, I'm ready."

The screens inside the simulators turned on. They displayed a dock. The ocean appeared to Christina's left and Catherine's right. A thunderstorm was approaching. There were dark clouds in the sky. Lightning flashed. Christina and Catherine heard thunder. There was a light chop to the water.

"Fight!" the simulator's male voice declared.

Christina moved her Gundam forward. She swung the left arm at Catherine's Gundam. Catherine jumped and avoided the attack. Christina jumped and fired her beam rifle. The blasts hit Catherine's Gundam repeatedly. Christina then kicked Catherine's Gundam three times with her Gundam's right leg.

"Overheating!"

Christina knew that she had caused damage to Catherine's Gundam. She activated her Gundam's thrusters and flew the Gundam into the sky. She fired at Catherine's Gundam with her beam rifle.

"Not enough power!"

Christina's Gundam landed back on the dock. The Gundam didn't have enough power for long flights and had to recharge.

Catherine jumped and fired her beam rifle. The blasts hit Christina's Gundam repeatedly.

"Overheating!"

Catherine grinned. "Gotcha."

The chop in the water was now medium.

Catherine came at Christina and kicked her Gundam five times with her Gundam's left leg. Christina punched Catherine's Gundam three times with her Gundam's right fist. Then she kicked it three times with her Gundam's right leg.

"Overheating!"

Catherine activated her Gundam's thrusters and flew the Gundam into the sky. She fired at Christina's Gundam with her beam rifle.

"Not enough power!"

Catherine's Gundam landed back on the dock.

Catherine fired her beam rifle. The blasts hit Christina's Gundam repeatedly.

"Overheating!"

The chop in the water was now heavy. Water was splashing onto the dock.

Christina knew that she was close to victory. She kicked Catherine's Gundam five times with her Gundam's right leg.

"Checkmate!"

Catherine's Gundam fell down.

"Well done! Glory to the winner!"

The simulation ended. The screens went black.

Christina got out of her simulator.

Catherine got out of her simulator.

Catherine smiled. "Pretty good, Christina."

Christina smiled. "Thank you, Catherine. You did pretty good yourself. It was fun and challenging. I had no idea that you're so skilled with a mobile suit."

"I come in here when it's not in use and practice. Sometimes, I fight against Nat."

"Way to go, Chrissy Mac!" Miriallia cheered.

Christina gave her a goofy grin. "Um, thanks, Miriallia."

Natarle walked over to Christina. "That was pretty good, Christina, but you have to - "

"You fuckin' rock, Chris!" Miriallia shouted.

Natarle gave Miriallia a stern look, then she looked back at Christina. "But you have to be great to beat Iran."

"We don't know if it'll come to that, sir."

"If it does, I want you to be prepared. Keep practicing."

"Yes, sir."

Christina got back into the first simulator.

"2-player again?" Miriallia asked her.

"Mmm, I think I'll try a computer opponent this time."

Miriallia made some selections on the computer console. "I switched the program back to 1-player mode. Ready?"

"Ready."


With the United States' second Gundam match fast approaching, Emma Sheen is confident that she will win. Will she?

Next on "Mobile Suit Gundam Tournament":

"Emma Takes It Easy"

You will race with the tide.