Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Moments in Time ❯ Nunyette ( Chapter 9 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Title: Nunyette
Pairing: implied 1x2x1
Rating: PG
Warnings: O2HH, sap, dreaded first person POV
Word count: 224

In the light of day, there are hints of a russet tone. Time spent working under the sun has that effect, and I know from personal experience there's no direction for brown to go except red.

Under the artificial lighting of our kitchen, those highlights are tinged with amber. Heero hates the bulbs that came with the apartment. He insists that he's going to find something that doesn't make all our meals appear vitriolic.

By the glow of his computer monitor, especially at sunup when the room is still a bit dim, a subtle copper tone creeps into the thick mass. Although his bangs cover most of his forehead, I know his brows are furrowed in concentration as he checks local weather and news.

When I join him in bed at night, the glow from the neon sign outside makes his entire body appear blue and spectral. No matter how tired he is, his body turns toward mine as I slip under the covers.

And when we make love, no matter what time of day it is, the light in his eyes tells me all the things that lie in his heart.

They say love is blind, but I daresay that 'they' are wrong.