Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ My Dear Death ❯ Seeing Heero & Feeling Odd ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Gundam Wing just this plot and AU.
Duo stepped into the house and listened for Eldon. He heard footsteps and a couple things moving in the room far off to the left. Duo ignored it and walked into the kitchen to start dinner before Eldon could yell. He didn’t make anything fancy just some sticky white rice and some beef, it was Eldon’s favorite as well. Right as he finished putting the food into bowls Eldon walked into the kitchen and sat at the table. Eldon’s face immediately brightened when he saw dinner. Eldon grabbed his portion and immediately dug in. Duo got his portion and slowly ate while watching Eldon.
“What do you want?” Eldon said out of the blue. Duo startled and blinked his eyes in surprise. Eldon just looked at him.
“You are never this quiet unless you want something,” Eldon stated. Duo bit the inside of this cheek and looked down then back up at Eldon.
“I was wondering if it would be okay if I traveled with Howard the next time he leaves,” Duo asked quietly keeping his eyes and head down. There was silence for a moment before Duo looked up. Eldon looked calm but Duo knew that inside that he was angry.
“Why?” was all that was said.
“Howard asked me. He’s getting old and I guess he needs more help but wanted someone he got along with,” Duo replied.
“No, you are my charge and I need you here. I willingly took you in when your parents didn’t want you and this is how you repay me? Wanting to leave with an old man? You are to stay here or face the consequences and they will be dire,” Eldon snapped. Duo kept his disappointment to himself and just nodded. Eldon finished his food and left it on the table. Duo sat there contemplating what his guardian said.
Duo had only been 3 when Eldon took him in. He hadn’t known that Eldon was not his real father until he was 10 when he asked about his mother. Eldon was harsh to him saying that his parents hadn’t wanted him. Duo never truly believed Eldon because he could still remember his mother’s hand on his head threading her fingers through his hair and he could even remember his father’s laughter. Duo sighed and finished eating. When he was done he cleaned the dishes and put them away. He then headed to the bathroom to bathe.
-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
Madame Sylvia finished making patterns in the air and her eyes changed back to their regular green. Sylvia locked gazes with cobalt blue and smiled.
“What you seek has already been found. This person has not yet realized what they have. Be observant it’s right under your nose,” Sylvia stated. Heero just gave her a blank look. Madame Sylvia just smiled lightly and waved him off. Heero rose and walked out of the tent with his companions. Heero clenched his hand and furrowed his eyes in frustration.
“Right under my nose?” Heero growled. “Why couldn’t she just say who it was!?”
“Heero even you know that physic don’t tell you exactly what you need. It’s in their nature and it would change your destiny if they did,” Quatre stated. Heero just shot him a look of ill-contempt. Quatre just smiled at him. Heero sighed.
“Let’s just go back to the inn and look more tomorrow,” Heero said. Quatre, Wufei, and Trowa nodded, starting the walk back to the inn. Heero paused as the other walked ahead and turned. He felt like there were eyes on him. He looked around until Wufei called him back to the group. He shrugged it off as paranoia and walked back to the group.
Bright red eyes watched Heero and smiled evilly. In a snap of his fingers he quickly disappeared leaving no trace of him ever being there.
-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
Duo sighed as he made his way towards Howard’s tent. He was extremely disappointed that he couldn’t travel with Howard. He always felt that he was destined for something great. Now he knew that it wasn’t with Howard. He stopped at the tent and noticed that it was closed which means that Howard was probably still asleep. Duo’s shoulders fell. He wanted to talk to Howard about Eldon but now he had to go back to the house. He turned and came face to face with none other than Heero Yuy. Duo’s eyes narrowed. He took a step to the left and went to walk past him when his arm was grabbed. Duo snapped his gaze to Heero immediately. Heero was looking at him with apologetic eyes and was biting his lip.
“I’ve been thinking about what I did yesterday all night. I’m sorry I said that, the first time I wasn’t trying to be mean…it’s just how it comes out sometimes. Quatre is helping me work on my people skills but I tend to ignore them.  The second time I only did it because you fought back even though you knew I was a prince. No one has really ever done that. It surprised me so much that I wanted to push further to see what you would do. So I wanted to apologize for acting like a spoiled child,” Heero stated. Duo searched Heero’s face for a sign of a lie but couldn’t find one. Duo’s body relaxed and his glared softened.
“Eh don’t worry about it. I’m a little to fuckin sensitive anyway. Just don’t make any rude remarks or you’ll be wishin that you were dead. So were good. What are you doing up so early and without your friends?” Duo asked. Heero grinned sheepishly.
“Well since I couldn’t sleep I decided to see if Howard was awake…that and they were awake but let’s just say they were “preoccupied”,” Heero stated. Duo furrowed his eyebrows and then his eyes widened. He lifted his hands and put one finger out and made another a hole and stuck it in back and forth. Heero nodded. Duo digested that information for a moment and then chuckled.
“I knew they were standin’ to close for comfort,” Duo exclaimed. Heero laughed.
“Yes they do tend to hide it well but if you watch close enough you can tell,” Heero stated. Duo looked at Heero.
“So why are you here? Out of all the places a prince could choose from you pick Tomina?” Duo asked. Heero tensed a little but then relaxed. He gave Duo a small smile.
“I actually can’t tell you but I was wondering if you had seen anyone with a scythe shaped mark on them did you?” Heero asked. Duo thought about it and shook his head.
“No plus I doubt I would since its so cold here no one barely wears revealing clothing,” Duo stated. Heero looked over Duo’s outfit and raised an eyebrow.
“Then why in the world are you wearing shorts and a short sleeved tunic?” Heero questioned. Duo chuckled.
“That’s what my guardian gave me plus I don’t really feel the cold. I’m always warm for some reason at least to myself, when other people touch me I’m ice cold,” Duo said a frown on his face. Heero raised his hand and softly and slowly touch Duo’s arm. He blinked in surprise when he realized that Duo was telling the truth.
“That is odd,” Heero mumbled. Duo grinned.
“Well I’m an odd kind of guy so I just ignore it,” Duo stated. Just as he spoke he got an odd feeling. He felt cold and dizzy like he wasn’t really in control of his body. He looked at Heero.
“I need to go home. I’m not feeling too well but maybe I’ll see you soon?” Duo asked hopefully. Heero grinned and nodded. He wanted to see more of this fey type creature. Duo then waved goodbye as he walked back to the house. He quietly entered the house and went right to his guardian. He knocked on the door to Eldon’s room and was greeted with a come in. Eldon looked at him expectedly.
“What is it?” he asked blankly. Duo scuffled his feet on the floor.
“I just feel odd again,” Duo whispered. Eldon’s face immediately went into concern but Duo knew that it was false.
“We’ll just have to go out and look for the person that made you feel that way okay?” Eldon said. Duo nodded. Eldon had told him that it was a person who made him feel this way but he didn’t believe him. He really just thought it was himself. Duo left the room and grabbed his cloak and waited for Eldon. He hoped nothing bad would happen and that he wouldn’t keep passing out when things like this kept happening.
Converting /tmp/phpuiZj7T to /dev/stdout