Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ My Dear Death ❯ What Am I? ( Chapter 7 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Gundam Wing just the plot and AU.
“What do you mean no!?” Heero demands. Duo looks at him while biting his lip.
“There would be no point in leaving now. He’s my guardian and can bring me back,” Duo states. Heero growls.
“It’s illegal for your guardian to abuse you!” Heero replies. Duo smiles at him.
“I turn 18 in two days. I don’t want to deal with him coming after me if I can just wait,” Duo says. Heero just stares at Duo. Heero didn’t like the idea but he knew that what Duo said was right.
“Fine, but we will be close if you need help. Just find us at the local inn,” Heero states. Duo nods.
“At least let us tend to your wounds,” Quatre demands. Duo blinks at him in surprise. Duo remembers what happened to Mrs. Donovan when she helped him. Duo shook his head. Quatre’s furrows his eye brows in confusion.
“Why not?” Quatre asks. Duo bites his lip.
“He cannot hurt us boy,” Wufei says. Heero and Quatre turn to look at Wufei. Wufei just raises an eyebrow.
“Do not be jealous by the fact I can read him better than you,” Wufei says smirking. Heero narrows his eyes but turns back to Duo. He puts his hand out for him to grab. Duo slowly puts his hand in Heero’s. Heero then lifts him from the pond onto the ground. Once Duo was stable on land Quatre moved behind him. He closes his eyes and lets his hands hover above Duo’s back. Quatre mouths a few words and a bright yellow energy goes from his hands to Duo’s lacerations.
Duo feels a strange warmth on his back and could feel his cuts close up. It was an odd feeling, his skin stitching itself back together. He shivers when the warmth stops. Quatre shows up in his view smiling.
“You’re good as new!” He exclaims. Duo nods. Quatre then frowns. He snaps his fingers once and Duo is immediately surrounded by an exact replica of his shredded shirt. Duo gasps in surprise and locks gazes with Quatre.
“Thanks,” Duo states. Quatre waves him off.
“It’s just a small bit of magic, nothing horrible,” Quatre assures. Duo gives Quatre another smile in thanks.  
“Well I need to get back. I have some questions that I need answered,” Duo states. Duo turns from the small group and walks off towards him home. Heero watches feeling an urge to follow Duo, to protect him from the coming danger. Quatre watches his leader in satisfaction knowing something good was going to come from meeting this boy. Quatre’s eyes widen.
“Heero we forgot about the mark!” Quatre hisses sharply. Heero looks at him quickly.
“He’ll be fine,” Wufei states. Heero growls.
“How can you be so sure?” Heero demands. Wufei chuckles.
“He’s been living with this for years I’m sure he can survive for a couple more days. Plus if it gets to rough he knows where we are. Do not fret, it is most unbecoming for you,” Wufei states smirking. Heero glares.
“That’s just hilarious Chang; you get a funny bone being around Duo?” Heero grumbles. Quatre laughs.
-:-:-:-:-:-
Duo quietly enters the house. He looks around to see his guardian on the couch again. He gets the strange feeling again but this time doesn’t say anything. He watches as Eldon stands and turns to look at him.
“What am I?” Duo questions again. Eldon narrows his eyes. He summons his whip but Duo stands his ground.
“If you don’t tell me I won’t tell you who the new person is! I have the feeling again and I won’t let you use me!” Duo growls.
“Insolent brat!” Eldon growls. Duo smirks.
“I learn from the best,” Duo mocks. Duo knows that this angers Eldon but the man doesn’t move.
“What am I?” Duo asks again. Eldon breathes deeply.
“Fine if you want to know so badly. You are a shifter; you are the only one of your kind. You are Death reincarnate,” Eldon states gravely.

Converting /tmp/phpMyZTAm to /dev/stdout