Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ United Hearts ❯ Chapter 21 ( Chapter 21 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own the G boys. They belong to their respective copyright companies. I do however own Shane, Paul, Colin, Mickey, Benny, Toby and any other unfamiliar characters. I also own the plot if you can call it that.

Pairings: 1x2x1, 3x4x3, 5+S

Rating: NC 17

Warnings: Angst, Yaoi, Shonen-ai, violence, language, references to rape, sap, blood, Death (not one of the boys), Lemon/Lime, medical stuff, and any other weird thing that comes out of my head.... be afraid...

Notes: This is the sequel to "Lost Souls." While it is not necessary to read "Lost Souls" first I do recommend it otherwise some of the occurrences may not make sense. The references to medical procedures, medical reports, autopsies etc. are entirely based on my own pathetic knowledge of such and so I apologise in advance for any incorrectness contained there in. :)

" United Hearts "

Aug. 2002 ShenLong

Chapter 21

Trowa returned to his hotel suite and Quatre. He unlocked the door and entered to find Quatre Benny and Toby all immersed in a game of cards. He smiled to himself as he watched for a moment.

"Hey Trowa." called Benny.

Quatre looked up and smiled. "How did it go?"

Trowa covered the short distance across the room and planted a kiss on Quatre's lips before giving Toby and Benny a hug each. "We have found quite a bit of information."

"Oh? Care to share?" said Quatre.

"Wufei will be here shortly with Paul and Sally so once they arrive we will give you all the details."

"Then if we are to have company I think it best to put the cards away for now."

Toby and Benny nodded and began to put the game away.

"How is Benny now?" asked Trowa quietly.

"He's calmed down a lot. The sedative that Sally gave him earlier worked well, although it has pretty much worn off now."

Trowa smiled at the boys. "Have you all eaten?"

"Yeah, we ad room service." said Benny.

"I got ta pick from the menu." said Toby sounding important.

"Did you get anything for me?" asked Trowa as he ruffled Toby's hair.

"Sure did. I got yer a salad. Quatre said yer would prolly like that an it wouldn't go cold."

"Thank you Toby." Trowa moved to the small trolley and retrieved his dinner.

The two youngsters went to get changed into their pajamas while Trowa ate. Quatre sat next to him, a thoughtful look on his face.

"What is it?" asked Trowa.

Quatre sighed. "I'm not sure, I mean I can sense Benny is a bit happier now he has remembered and told someone. I just hope we can do something to bring this man to justice. We did promise Benny we would do something."

Trowa put his salad down and pulled Quatre into his lap. "We will be able to do something Quatre. Just wait until Wufei gets here and we will tell you all what we have managed to find out and what we propose to do." He rubbed Quatre's back soothingly.

Resting his head on Trowa's warm shoulder Quatre allowed himself to relax. "You're right as always. I don't know what's got into me lately. I think it must be all this nonsense flying around the conference and then the boys as well."

"What nonsense?"

"It seems that no matter how hard I try to convince them that my proposals as well as the other ones are genuine the distrust is still there. I'm sure that most of the colonies would be happy with the proposals but..."

"But what?" Trowa continued to pick at his salad while cuddling Quatre.

"The senator from L2 seems to be determined to undermine anything we offer. He is dead set that the Earth is still planning to rule the colony. I'm sure if it weren't for him the rest of the colonies would see the proposals for what they are." Quatre sighed.

"This senator sounds like a really dense individual. If that's the sort of attitude he has how in the name of peace did he get elected to that position?"

"Good question." mused Quatre as he began to kiss Trowa's neck.

"I take it you had a pretty stressful day then?" murmured Trowa as he tilted his head.

"Stressful doesn't even come close." whispered Quatre as his lips continued to explore Trowa's throat.

"Then I think I should help you to alleviate some of that tension later."

"Hmmmm.... I look forward to it."

Trowa tilted Quatre's face away from his throat and staring into aquamarine, he brought his lips slowly forward to brush against Quatre's. He returned again to repeat the touch.

Quatre shivered as his lips were repeatedly kissed lightly and tenderly. While he loved sex rough and demanding he also liked it when Trowa was gentle and tender with him, treating him as if he were made from the finest of porcelain.

Benny and Toby came back into the room breaking the magic of the moment. Quatre shifted off Trowa's lap and the Latin once more resumed his salad. Just as Trowa was finishing the last of his meal so the com unit at the door beeped. Toby raced to answer it.

"Who's there?"

"It's Wufei."

"Okay, I suppose I can lets yer in." Toby giggled as he unlocked the door.

Wufei entered followed by Sally and Paul. They approached Quatre and Trowa. "Good evening Quatre." said Wufei, "I'm sorry to disturb your relaxation time like this."

"Hello Wufei, no need to apologize, under the circumstances I am grateful to you for helping out with Benny earlier."

"My pleasure." responded Wufei. "Trowa, have you spoken to Quatre about any of this?"

"No I haven't. Quatre knows about Benny and what he saw but I have yet to inform him of our earlier findings."

Quatre looked at Sally who shrugged her shoulders, she was no more informed than he was.

"Lets all get seated and comfortable shall we?"

"Yes I think that would be best." Wufei sat with Sally on the other couch across from Trowa and Quatre. The three boys all opted to sit on the floor.

Trowa began. "After hearing Benny's confession we did some more digging on this guy. The man Toby ran into as you know is employed by an air-conditioning/refrigeration company. He has been with the company for five years according to their records. His name is Nylan."

Wufei took up the story. "We managed to locate the file from the police records on L2 in regards to the boy Benny witnessed being raped and...." Wufei paused for a moment as he saw Benny's eyes cloud. "Suffice to say they didn't say much other than the perpetrator was never apprehended and so the case was closed."

Paul shifted closer to Benny as Wufei spoke. He placed his arm around the boy's shoulder and gave him a comforting squeeze.

"We did some further research and uncovered a few interesting things about our friend Nylan." said Trowa.

"Oh, and what might that be?" asked Sally.

"It seems he was involved in the wars as well. We traced him to the White Fang group. He was formerly a soldier with the OZ group and then when the White Fang emerged he switched to join forces with them." Wufei watched the faces to judge the reaction.

Sally was shocked, Quatre was thoughtful.

"So what happened to him after the Libra was destroyed and White Fang disappeared?" asked Quatre.

"We haven't managed to uncover that information as yet." said Trowa softly. "All we have at the moment is that he survived the war and disappeared after White Fang was pretty much destroyed. The next piece we have on him is when he re surfaced working for this company."

Quatre thought long and hard. "If he disappeared after White Fang, then came up as working for this company the time frame is out."

"Exactly." Wufei smirked.

"That means the records with the air con company have been falsified or tampered with."

"Got it in one my love." smiled Trowa.

"And if he raped that kid about 3 years ago that would be around the end of the Barton attempt to take over." said Sally.

"Which would put him as working for this air con company and no where near L2 and the kid." finished Quatre. "Perfect cover up."

"Somehow though I have a feeling that there is more to this." said Wufei.

"We intend to dig even more and see what concrete evidence we can get and then take this to Une. Meantime we have this guy under constant surveillance." said Trowa.

Benny looked up at the adults. He wasn't too sure about all that had been said but he got the general idea that this guy he had seen was up to more bad stuff. From the sounds of things Trowa and Wufei were on to him though. He gave Paul a smile. He was glad now that he had told the others what he had remembered.

The meeting in the room was interrupted by the beeping of the vid phone.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Une shuffled the papers around on her desk. She had been staring at the same pile for the past half an hour. She sighed and then jumped as the vid phone went off. She punched the receive button and waited impatiently for the screen to focus. Heero's solemn face greeted her.

"Heero! What news have you got for me? Have you found Shane? Where's Duo? Is everyone all right? What's going on up there?" Une paused for breath.

"Lady Une if you would take a moment to calm down I will tell you."

Duo snickered from the couch where he was typing away with the laptop.

"My apologies. Please tell me what you have."

Heero took a deep breath and began. "We have found Shane, He's at the hospital but will be okay." he added hastily as he saw Une's mouth open. "He was taken by a man called Taylor."

Une's brow furrowed. "Why?"

"It appears that this man Taylor was working with Doctor P. They belong to a group that calls themselves Deliverance. This group is similar to OZ and White Fang. They believe that the earth is still trying to rule the colonies and that the peace the earth is promoting is only a cover up. They intend to continue where White Fang and OZ finished and failed."

Une looked stunned as the information came through.

"There's a whole lot more to this though."

"Please continue Heero."

"Doctor P was working on research into viruses. Seems that when he was terminated from the hospital he went underground to continue, the Deliverance faction picked up on his studies and offered to finance him on the condition he worked for them and assisted them in their plan."

"Okay."

"Taylor seems to be the main contact. He was the one that went out and picked up the street kids. He would take them back to P for the doctor to carry out his experiments on. They needed live human subjects to enable them to refine this virus and understand exactly how it worked and the stages it went through."

"Those poor kids." said Une sadly and she shook her head. "How frightened they must have been."

Duo appeared behind Heero, a dark look on his usually happy face. "Yeah, that fucking monster played god with them. He would pick them up and take them to that shit heap of a hotel and fuck them blind with the promise of payment. Then all he gave them was a slow painful death. He should be strung up by the balls." snarled Duo.

Une looked shocked at the tone of Duo's voice and the words he spat out.

"I'm sorry if I shock you with my bluntness Une but there isn't any other way to describe this bastard. I thought I had come across some pretty bad low life's in my time on the streets but this prick would have ta be the lowest of them all."

Une swallowed and looked at Heero for help.

Heero placed a calming hand on Duo's arm. Duo returned to his seat on the couch and resumed his work on the laptop. Looking again at Une, Heero began once more to speak. "I'm sorry if Duo offended you with his language but in this case he has every right be angry and annoyed."

Une quirked an eyebrow in question.

"I will put it all in my report."

"Okay."

"There's more. We managed to arrest this guy Taylor. Duo got some important information from him while waiting for back up." Heero declined to say exactly what was happening to Duo while awaiting his arrival, he figured that could wait until the report and only then if Duo was comfortable with it. "Seems this Deliverance faction was developing this virus with the sole purpose of eliminating what it sees to be the stumbling block between peace and the colonies."

"You mean..."

"Hai. They intend to wipe out all the heads of earth and the colonies."

The words hit Une like a freight train. Her blood ran cold as she thought of the implications this would have. "How do they intend to do that?" she whispered.

"That I'm afraid we don't have an answer to yet. Duo is working on it as we speak."

"Oh." Une's mind was racing, the conference, the heads, senators and representatives were all in danger. "Trowa and Wufei are being very thorough with the security here Heero, they haven't reported anything unusual."

"Trust me Une, something is up. I don't know yet how they plan to do it but they are going to try. Please pass this information on to Wufei and Trowa, maybe they can re check and find something, anything, that may be in the remotest sense suspicious."

"I will Heero. Now tell me how is Shane?" she lowered her voice, "and Duo?"

"Shane was pretty scared. During the scuffle a gun was discharged and Shane unfortunately was the recipient of the bullet. He will be okay though. It passed clean through the shoulder blade. The Doctor at the hospital that helped us before with P is personally looking after him."

Une paled a little. "Are you sure he is going to be okay?"

"Hn. We will fetch them home later." Heero still couldn't keep the touch of anxiety out of his voice.

Une picked up on it and noted that Heero was actually allowing himself to become more human. His voice indicated that he actually cared about someone, well someone other than Duo that is. And what was with this them business? "Heero?"

"Hai?"

"Whom are you fetching from the hospital later?"

"Hn Shane."

"Heero, you said them.... Who is the other person or persons?" The last time Heero had gone away into the colonies it had been to look for Duo and look what happened then. He returned to earth not only with Duo but six kids to boot! She hoped that this wasn't going to be the case again.

"Hn." Heero found himself buried to the neck in the hole he had dug for himself. Luckily Duo bounced up behind him again.

"That would be Fayah that Heero's referring to Une. Fayah is the girl that helped us out with the rats. Seems she has taken quite a shine to Shane. She is the girl he was supposed ta meet but never got there. She's with him at the hospital now."

"And what about you Duo? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine Une baby, just a couple of scratches, nothing to worry about." Well it wasn't a lie. It just wasn't all of the truth either. Duo figured that Une didn't need to have all the intimate details right now, he was still coming to terms with it himself. He had to keep himself busy, occupied, because if he stopped that meant his brain would allow his mind to remember and think. The things that had happened inside that room were not something he wanted to remember right now as he knew he would break down. Better to keep busy and hold the bad stuff at bay.

"I know that look Maxwell." scolded Une.

"What look?" replied Duo slipping on the mask of sheer innocence.

Une rolled her eyes in frustration. "Heero I am trusting your judgment on this, If Duo requires attention please make sure that he gets it."

"Hai, I will." replied Heero.

"Une, if yer interested I have dug on this Deliverance group and the information Taylor gave us and found the leader." smirked Duo.

Heero stared at his koi. "What did you find Duo?"

"Yes I second that." said Une.

"I have located the head of the organization. His name appears to be Marcus Saxby and guess what?"

"What?" came the slightly demanding joint reply.

"Well if yer both gonna snap at me then I ain't gonna share." pouted Duo but his eyes were twinkling with mischief.

"Duo...." growled Heero, ".....for the sake of your health I suggest you tell us now what it is you have found."

"Okay... okay. Jeeze, no need to get yer spandex in a twist." grumbled Duo, "Yer no fun to tease anymore Heero."

"DUO!" cried Une in exasperation, "Just tell us what else will you?"

"Oh yeah. It seems that Marcus Saxby not only heads the Deliverance faction but also works in the offices of the Senator of L2."

This little snippet of information was greeted with silence as all three realized what this meant.

"Saxby would have access to all political files and know exactly what was going on and planned for the convention." said Heero.

"And knowing all the representatives that would be there...." added Une,

"....He knew it would be the perfect opportunity for his faction to eliminate those he saw as a threat and take over with his own interpretation of peace..." finished Duo.

"I have to get this information to Wufei and Trowa immediately." said Une.

"Hai, I agree." said Heero. "Duo and I will track down Saxby and arrest him."

"See if you can find out from him when and where this virus is supposed to be activated." said Une.

An evil grin lit up Duo's face. "Does this mean I get to play some more then?"

Une gave Heero a questioning look.

"Hn. Duo interrogated Taylor before the rest of the Preventers showed up to take him into custody."

Seeing the look on Une's face Duo thought he better 'fess up. "Don't worry Une, I left enough of him for yer to charge and chuck in jail, although I doubt very much if he will ever want to have sex again."

"Err.... I'm not exactly sure I understand what it is you are saying here Duo...."

Duo opened his mouth to explain but Une waved her hand and cut him off. "Save it, I really don't want to know what you did to him, as long as he is still in one piece."

"Ummm... Some pieces of him may not function properly again. Is that a problem?" sniggered Duo.

"No Duo, I guess he deserved all he got from you after what he did."

"Damn straight! If I hadn't promised Heero here I would leave enough of him to lock up he would currently be greeting an old friend of mine."

Knowing full well what Duo meant Une let it go. "You two track down this Saxby fellow and arrest him, I will pass on the information to Wufei and Trowa and see what we can do from this end. Keep your pager's and communicators with you at all times. Once you have Saxby contact me and tell me what you find out from him."

"Hai. We are on it now Une."

Duo opted to stay silent. His communicator was currently in pieces in the back pocket of his jeans. "Minor detail" he thought.

"And Heero..."

"Hai?"

"Please tell Shane I'm sorry he got caught up in all of this and that I hope he is feeling better soon."

"Hai I will. Heero out." Heero cut the call and stared at his koi. "You heard the lady, lets get our stuff and get going."

"Ummm.... Heero?"

"Hai Duo?"

"About the communicator ya gave me."

Heero knew what was coming, Fayah had already told him about Duo's 'accident'. "What about it?"

"Well I seem to have had a small accident with it."

Heero raised an eyebrow. "Oh?"

"Yeah. When I was looking for Shane I kinda fell and it got broken. I'm really sorry Heero but it was an accident, the wood just gave way and I landed on my ass and shit the splinters; They're gonna be a bitch to get out..." Duo began to babble.

"Duo.... It's okay."

"Huh?" Duo blinked a couple of times and shook his head to clear his ears. Was he sure he just heard right.

Heero walked over to him and wrapped his arms around his slender waist. He let his hands wander down to that perfect ass and caress gently. "It's okay koi. It was an accident." Heero nibbled along Duo's neck before he whispered huskily into his ear, "I'll take a look at the damage later and remove the splinters for you."

Duo melted. "Would yer kiss it better for me too?"

"Hn, I just might."

Duo's body trembled. "Ohh Heero... yer can nurse me any time."

"I'd rather nurse on certain parts of you." came the sultry reply, "But not now, we have a deranged psychopath to find."

"Yer a tease Heero Yuy."

"Ahh.... but at least I will deliver."

Duo shook his head and forced his lustful mind to go back into hiding for a while. "Come on then, let's go get em. Then we can hurry back and get my backside sorted out."

Heero placed a kiss on Duo's nose. "Let's go koi."

They picked up the pagers and Heero's communicator. Heero quickly went through his pack and produced a spare communicator for Duo. Duo grinned as he took it. They checked their guns and loaded up with spare clips, 'just in case' and headed out the door to track down one Marcus Saxby.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Shane was floating in a haze of euphoria. It felt something akin to post orgasmic bliss, only it lasted much longer. He was aware of the doctor and nurses tending to him, prodding and poking his shoulder and arm. It didn't hurt anymore, well not now that they had given him a local anesthetic as well as this drug induced high. Now he knew why people turned into junkies... you could just float like this for days.

Fayah watched over Shane carefully, her eyes followed every movement, every touch. She was pleased to see that at least Shane didn't appear to be in pain any more. Just as well given the way they cleaned out and tended the wound. Finally he was bandaged up and given a shot of antibiotics.

"That's all we can do for him for now." said Doctor Griffin to Fayah. "He won't be too lucid for a while, the painkillers will keep him pleasantly floating for some time. Once they have worn off I have some other ones for him that will help control the pain but won't send him off with the fairies so much."

Fayah giggled a little. She was happy that Shane was going to be all right and that the monster responsible for her brothers disappearance as well as the disappearance of countless others was finally caught. The doctor brought her out of her musings.

"Let me take a look at your knees young lady." he said gently.

Fayah sighed and let the doctor do his work. The bandages that Heero had placed on them earlier had worked loose with the running she had done and the wound had begun to ooze again. The doctor cleaned them up and put something on them before applying a fresh new bandage.

"Now you can both look the part." teased Doctor Griffin.

"Huh? Whadda ya mean?"

"Two wounded heros" chuckled the doctor.

Fayah blushed. "I'm no hero. Duo is the one who should be getting thanked, him and Heero. They are the ones that stopped that maniac."

"Well you just sit here with Shane my dear and rest. The Preventer agents will be back to collect you both soon. I will call them and let them know your status. Meanwhile relax and I will have one of the nurses bring you something to eat." Doctor Griffin looked at Shane who was still floating somewhere near the milky way. "I don't think he will be up to eating anything for a while yet." he said amused by Shane's far away look.

"Thank yer doc. I am a bit 'ungry."

Doctor Griffin patted her head gently. "Right. I have to get back to work, I'll send the nurse with the food straight away." With a flurry of white coat he was gone.

Fayah pulled her chair closer to the bed in which Shane was lying. She reached out for his hand and shyly held it. A pair of inquisitive brown eyes stared at her. "Fayah?" he slurred.

"Yes Shane it's me."

"I'm sorry 'bout standing yer up.... I didn't mean ta."

"Shhh Shane, it's okay. I know yer got kidnapped." Fayah began to stroke the back of Shane's hand with her thumb.

"I'll make it up to yer, I promise."

Fayah smiled and fought to blink back the tears. Shane really did care about her. She was glad now that she had taken the chance and gone to the hotel to look for him, trusting her instincts and not just heading back to the gang thinking he had stood her up on purpose. She shuddered to think what would have happened if she had just walked away and put Shane in the same packet as the other jokers that had promised her a date and then failed to show.

"Yer just get well Shane. That's what yer can do ta make it up ta me."

"Okay Fayah. But I'm still gonna take yer out on a date..." Shane's eyelids closed as both the physical and mental exhaustion of the past hours finally caught up with him.

Fayah continued to hold his hand and watch over him as he slept. The nurse brought in a tray of food and set it down next to the girl. She was touched to see the fierce devotion that shone deep in the girls ice blue eyes. Smiling to Fayah she left the pair alone.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~