Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ United Hearts ❯ Chapter 24

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own the G boys. They belong to their respective copyright companies. I do however own Shane, Paul, Colin, Mickey, Benny, Toby and any other unfamiliar characters. I also own the plot if you can call it that.

Pairings: 1x2x1, 3x4x3, 5+S

Rating: NC 17

Warnings: Angst, Yaoi, Shonen-ai, violence, language, references to rape, sap, blood, Death (not one of the boys), Lemon/Lime, medical stuff, and any other weird thing that comes out of my head.... be afraid...

Notes: This is the sequel to "Lost Souls." While it is not necessary to read "Lost Souls" first I do recommend it otherwise some of the occurrences may not make sense. The references to medical procedures, medical reports, autopsies etc. are entirely based on my own pathetic knowledge of such and so I apologise in advance for any incorrectness contained there in. :)

" United Hearts "

Aug. 2002 ShenLong

Chapter 24

Quatre answered the call and was slightly taken aback to see Une's face on the screen. "Hello Lady Une."

"Good evening Quatre. I don't have a lot of time as you will know, I need to know what it is you plan to do to find out if this senator is genuine or not. Trowa and Wufei have brought me up to speed but things are beginning to get a little hectic here to say the least."

Running his hands through his disheveled bangs Quatre sighed. "The man known as Evans has an unusual birthmark."

"Oh?"

"Yes. Not many people know about it and it's not easy to see. It's a small scattering of red spots located behind his left ear and into the hairline. If you look closely at them they resemble the cluster of stars know as the Southern Cross. If you weren't looking for them you would miss them as they aren't large and like I said mostly in the hairline."

"So I take it you intend to see if this man has the same and is in fact Evans?"

"Yes."

"When and how?"

"Tomorrow in the meeting. I will get closer to him and see if it's there."

"Quatre."

"Yes Lady Une?"

"This virus is set to be released tomorrow."

"Oh."

"We still don't know where or what time though."

A shout from Trowa disrupted the conversation. "I have it!" he called.

Une and Wufei both turned to the tall Latin. "What is it Trowa?" asked Une impatiently.

"I have re checked the records and tapes. Nylan and Carter have only been into four of the various heads suites."

"So that means the virus isn't planted in the rooms like we thought it may be?" said Wufei.

"No. I don't think it is. The two of them were in the main conference room though....."

"....Fixing the air conditioner ducts...." added Wufei.

"....What a good way to ensure the circulation of a virus..." finished Une.

"That's it! It has to be." said Trowa.

"Makes sense to me." said Quatre over the vid phone. "All the representatives will be there together. Why run the risk of several plants and not know if you are going to get your target or not. Better to plant it in a spot where you know for sure everyone will be together."

Une stood. Turning to Trowa and Wufei she spoke in a clipped tone. "Main conference room... now."

The two former pilots checked their weapons and passes before exiting the room. "I'm sorry to cut this short Quatre, I will contact you again once we have confirmed our findings."

"No problem Une." Quatre's mind was racing full speed. He needed to go to the conference room and help the others.

Une cut the call and followed after her two agents. She just hoped that Trowa was right.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Quatre placed another call. This one to the medical facility.

"Sally Po here."

"Hello Sally, my apologies for contacting you this late but it is a matter of some urgency."

"That's quite okay Quatre. What is the problem?"

Quatre took a few minutes to bring Sally up to date on the findings of Wufei and Trowa as well as his own suspicions. "I need to get to the conference room myself Sally but I can't leave Toby and Benny by themselves. Could you or Paul..."

Sally smiled at him. "Of course Quatre. We have finished here anyway so Paul and I will come right back."

"Thank you Sally."

"See you soon." and Sally cut the call. She turned to see Paul standing wide eyed behind her. "I take it you heard most of that?"

Paul nodded.

"Then let's get going to Quatre's suite."

Paul didn't have to be told twice.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Heero had finally managed to get Duo to go back to the hospital and be attended to by Doctor Griffin. Duo hadn't wanted the doc to look at him but he had promised Heero and reluctantly he honored the promise. Heero sat waiting outside the small cubicle for his lover.

The curtain parted and Doctor Griffin stepped out leaving Duo sitting on the bed. He approached Heero who stood up to meet him.

"How is he doc?"

"He's fine Heero. Just a few scrapes and bruises and a cracked rib. I have strapped the rib and it should heal fine by itself. I have given him a shot of antibiotic to prevent any infection." the doctor looked a little amused.

"What is it?" asked Heero sensing the doctors amusement.

"Well the shot I gave him...."

"Hai. Duo doesn't like needles much doc."

"Oh he took the needle okay, it's just that usually this type of shot is given in the rear. Much more muscle there."

Heero quirked an eyebrow.

"Well he flatly refused to let me give it to him in his backside, said he would have it in his arm instead." Doctor Griffin shook his head. "I have no idea why. For some reason he was very adamant about it."

Heero couldn't help the snicker.

Doctor Griffin looked at him in puzzlement.

"Don't worry about it doctor. Duo is a little over protective when it comes to his backside." said Heero with a smirk. Then he added hastily, " It's a long story and one which I am not about to divulge."

The doctor seemed to accept this from Heero. "He's all done so you can take him home whenever you are ready. I'm just going to check on Shane and the young girl and providing everything is all right with them you can take them home with you as well."

"Hn. Thank you doctor."

"No problem. Just make sure you get Shane checked again tomorrow and then every second day until the bandages are removed. Have your usual doctor contact me and I will send through the files with the case history to them."

"Arigato." Heero left the doctor and went into the small cubicle where Duo was sitting with his legs dangling over the side of the bed doing up the buttons on his shirt. Heero could see the edges of the bandages wrapped firmly around his rib cage. He moved to stand in front of Duo and took over the task of doing up the buttons.

Duo watched with a smile on his lips. "Thanks koi."

"You're welcome." Heero reached forward and planted a kiss on Duo's lips. Pulling away he stared into violet pools. "So what's this I hear that you wouldn't take your needle in the ass?"

Duo blushed a little. "The doc told you?"

"Hai." Heero wrapped his arms around Duo's waist.

"Ummm... I don't like anyone but you being near my ass, besides it's still a little sore."

"Oh." Heero ran his hands down and traced them lightly over the top of Duo's rear. "I guess I had better take a look at it for you then when we get back to the hotel, ne?"

Duo shivered. "Yeah, I seen ta remember someone promising to remove the splinters and kiss it better for me."

"Let's go fetch Shane and Fayah, then we can get back to the hotel and sort out this little problem of yours." said Heero.

"You bet'cha." grinned Duo as he slid from the bed. He tucked his shirt back into his jeans and followed Heero through the hospital to Shane and Fayah.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Trowa flicked on the lights and the large room was instantly bathed in a warm glow. Wufei moved to one side of the room while Trowa took the other. Une watched carefully as the two Preventers set to work removing the grills.

Trowa gave a grunt as he pulled the grill free and shone his flashlight inside. At first he couldn't see anything other that a tangle of wires and a large hole disappearing into the bowels of the building. Shining the torch around a little there was a flash of something in the beam's ray. He reached forward and carefully extracted the item.

Wufei was similarly removing an object from the opposite side of the room.

"What have you found?" asked Une.

Trowa reclined back on his haunches as he studied the object in his hand. Une moved up behind him.

"It looks like a lighter." she said.

Trowa studied the object closer. Wufei, having extracted the same from his duct carried it to the table in the room. Trowa joined him as did Une. The carefully turned the objects over in their hands as they scrutinised the seemingly harmless items.

"It looks like we have found it." said Wufei softly.

"Are you sure?" asked Une.

Wufei snorted. "I think we can safely say that the virus is contained within. Why else would a lighter show up in an air-conditioning duct?"

Trowa hid a smile at Wufei's sarcastic comment, Une let it slide.

"It looks like there is a small detonation device inside the top." said Trowa as he removed the small silver covering from the top and looked closer.

Wufei studied the other lighter. "Yes, you are correct. It looks like they plan to detonate them from an outside source. There is a tiny receiver attached inside to the trigger. It's my guess that they intend to use some sort of frequency from another device to trigger the release."

"Can it be stopped?"

Trowa studied further. "I think it can. Look Wufei." Trowa pointed to the small arrangement of wires. "If we remove the seal from the top we should be able to get inside and cut that wire there."

Wufei nodded.

Suddenly the door opened causing the three occupants of the room to jump. The lighter that Trowa was holding shot into the air and he juggled frantically to catch it.

Quatre burst into the room to see Une and Wufei jump in shock and Trowa performing something akin to a juggling act. He pulled up short when he realized he was the cause of it.

Trowa managed to catch the lighter much to the relief of the other two. Une stared at Quatre, her eyes narrowing but before she could say anything Wufei got in first.

"Damnit Quatre! I thought you of all people would know not to do something as reckless as that."

Quatre stood still. "I'm sorry, I didn't think."

"You could have killed us all." continued Wufei.

Quatre bowed his head.

"It's okay Quatre. No harm done." said Trowa softly as he placed the lighter carefully on the table.

"I am sorry. I was just in a hurry to get here and help you and I guess I just ...." he trailed off.

Trowa moved across the room and gave him a hug. "It's all right Quatre, just next time think first okay?"

Quatre nodded. "What have you found?"

Trowa led him to the table where Wufei had resumed his exploration of the lighter. "These were found in two of the ducts. From what we can tell they are rigged to be set off by an outside source."

"Clever." said Quatre as he studied one of the lighters. "Can it be diffused?"

"Yes. But it will take some time and will be dangerous." replied Wufei. "From what I can tell there aren't any traps set on them."

"Okay. Lets get to work then." said Une.

Wufei and Trowa looked at the woman, then Wufei spoke. "I think both you and Quatre should leave and let Trowa and myself deal with this. There is no need for either of you to risk your lives."

"I'm not going anywhere." said Quatre defiantly.

"Neither am I." said Une. "I don't expect my agents to do anything I wouldn't do myself."

"But it's silly to put yourselves in danger when Trowa and I can handle it." argued Wufei.

"I don't care. I'm not going anywhere." said Quatre and he folded his arms across his chest to reinforce his point.

"We can do this much faster with the four of us." responded Une, "Besides we want to catch these guys in the act so to speak."

Trowa quirked an eyebrow. "What do you have in mind Une?"

"Just a little something I thought up. We still have no concrete evidence with which to charge these people so I have a little plan which should give us all the necessary proof we will need."

"Oh?" said Wufei.

"Yes. Look time is running short, you two start on rendering these things inactive. Quatre and I can search the other ducts and retrieve any more we find. Once they are neutralized we replace them."

Wufei nodded.

"Once we have returned them lets find Sally and then I will tell you all what it is I proposed to do."

"Sally and Paul are in our suite keeping an eye on Benny and Toby." said Quatre.

"Right. Lets get this show on the road then gentlemen and then we can go back to your suite and I will tell you all."

The other three nodded in agreement. Wufei and Trowa set to work on the lighters. Removing a small gadget something akin to the Swiss army knives of old, Trowa prized off the outer covering from the top of the lighter. Once done he proceeded to follow the different wires until he located the one attached to the small receiver. He cut it and then passed the knife over to Wufei who repeated the action on the other lighter.

Meanwhile Une and Quatre set to work on the remaining air ducts. It didn't take long for them to remove the grills and retrieve the lighters from within.

"That's the last one." said Quatre as he placed the item on the table.

Trowa looked up and smiled at his love. Sweat was running down his brow and he could feel it trickling along his spine. It was a tricky operation and one that required a steady hand. He was glad they had almost finished, his nerves were beginning to get a little frazzled to say the least.

Une and Quatre replaced the now defused lighters and screwed the grills back into place.

"All done." said Une. "Now lets go back to your suite Quatre and I will tell you what I propose."

With one last look around the conference room the group exited and Wufei once more turned off the lights.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

"Hey Shane, how yer doing?" said Duo as he rounded the door frame to enter the small room that Shane had been placed in.

Heero followed silently behind.

Shane looked up through still glazed eyes at his guardians. "Hi guys."

Fayah shifted slightly in the seat she was curled up in and began to stir from the slumber that had overtaken her. She blinked a couple of times and then yawned as her sight focused. "Hello Duo, Heero." she mumbled.

Heero allowed a small smile to grace his lips as he watched the young girl returning from dreamland. "She had stayed with Shane all this time." he mused to himself. His eyes traveled over the two and he noted that Shane's hand was entwined with Fayah's.

Duo also noticed. "Not interrupting anything are we?" he quipped.

Fayah felt the blush rising as she realized she was still holding Shane's hand and she went to release it only to find Shane's grip tighten.

Although he was still floating happily, Shane picked up on Duo's teasing tone and held Fayah's hand tighter. "He could blame it on the drugs." he thought to himself. "Did ya manage ta stop that bastard?" he asked in a dreamy tone.

"Yeah we got him Shane."

Through the haze in his mind Shane registered the last few minutes of his forced captivity and shuddered. He felt bruised and sore. "Oh god... that bastard was about to rape him." he remembered. He searched his mind in an attempt to clarify his memory. "Did he rape him? Did Duo stop him before he had a chance to? Or did he rape both of them?" The thoughts raced through his mind. Try as he might the last thing he could remember was being shoved to the floor and his jeans yanked down around his knees, then nothing.

Duo watched Shane's face and had an idea of what was going through his mind. He reached forward and ruffled the teen's hair. "Shane?"

Shane looked up into violet.

"Heero got there just in time. He didn't touch you."

Shane let go a thankful sigh.

Duo leaned forward and continued in a hushed tone, "I wouldn't have let him rape yer Shane. I was just about out of the 'cuffs when Heero made his entrance."

"What happened?" Shane needed to know.

"In the confusion that Heero's arrival caused I managed to get free of the 'cuffs and jumped the bastard. The gun he had went off in the scuffle and the bullet went through yer shoulder."

Shane registered the information. "Is he... is he..."

"No Shane. I wanted ta kill the monster for what he done but I promised Heero I would leave enough of him alive to rot in jail." Duo's eyes visibly darkened.

"What did yer do Duo?" whispered Shane. He could vaguely remember Duo's face contorted with a look he had never seen before and it made him shiver. It had been a look of pure hatred and promise of pain.

"I just gave him a taste of his own medicine."

Shane opened his eyes wide.

"Ever heard of a eunuch?"

"Ain't that what they called the castrated males back in the past that was kept in the harems or somethin?" replied Shane.

"Yeah. Let's just say if he ever wants ta join a harem he ain't gonna have to undergo the operation."

"Duo... yer didn't"

Duo grinned. "I suppose he could always sing soprano for the jails choir."

Shane sighed and lay back into the pillows as Duo snickered.

"Has the doctor been back to see you Shane?" asked Heero.

"Yeah he has."

"Then I think it best if we get your files and take you back to the hotel then. We need to contact Une and the others and see how they are doing as far as locating the virus in the compound."

"Okay Heero." Shane pulled himself up to a sitting position and released Fayah's hand in the process.

Duo assisted him while Heero retrieved the drugs, information and necessary paperwork to release Shane from the hospital. He returned a few minutes later to find Shane sitting in a wheelchair with Duo maneuvering him and the contraption around the room performing stunts it wasn't designed to do. Shane was helpless with laughter as was Fayah who was still sitting in the chair.

Heero shook his head in amusement. Trust his koi to find a new 'toy'. Heero cleared his throat. "If you have quite finished Duo."

Duo looked up and grinned. "I got ta get me one of these, they're wicked." he quipped.

Heero opted to roll his eyes in disgust. "Come on baka!"

"Yes sir!" Duo clicked his heels together and saluted, then he began to push Shane out of the room and down the hall to the elevator. He paused for a moment as he realized Fayah wasn't with them. "Heero?"

"Hai?"

"Take over the controls for a moment will ya? I'll be right back."

Confused Heero stepped to take the handles of the wheelchair from Duo. He turned and watched as Duo headed back to the room where Fayah had remained. He nodded then as he understood where Duo was going and why.

Duo went back into the small room and found the girl still curled up in the chair, a blank, lost look on her pretty face. "Fayah?"

She looked up at the mention of her name.

"Wha'cha still doing in here? How come yer not with us?"

"I didn't think yer wanted me anymore."

"What gave you that idea?"

"Yer said about takin Shane back ta the hotel and contacting yer friends, but yer didn't say fer me ta come too."

"Ohh Fayah." said Duo softly as he reached forward to stroke her cheek. "Of course we meant for you to come back with us."

"Are yer sure Duo?" she asked with hope shining in her eyes.

"Course we are. 'Sides I don't think Shane would forgive us if we left you here...." he chuckled "...and I don't want him trying ta drag himself back here looking for yer."

Fayah smiled and took Duo's offered hand. "Thanks Duo."

Duo gave her a quick hug and then winced as his rib protested the contact. "Come on let's catch the others up, can't let Heero have all the fun with the wheelchair now can we?" Duo winked as he led the girl from the room and to the elevator where Heero was still waiting with Shane.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~