Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ United Hearts ❯ Chapter 27

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own the G boys. They belong to their respective copyright companies. I do however own Shane, Paul, Colin, Mickey, Benny, Toby and any other unfamiliar characters. I also own the plot if you can call it that.

Pairings: 1x2x1, 3x4x3, 5+S

Rating: NC 17

Warnings: Angst, Yaoi, Shonen-ai, violence, language, references to rape, sap, blood, Death (not one of the boys), Lemon/Lime, medical stuff, and any other weird thing that comes out of my head.... be afraid...

Notes: This is the sequel to "Lost Souls." While it is not necessary to read "Lost Souls" first I do recommend it otherwise some of the occurrences may not make sense. The references to medical procedures, medical reports, autopsies etc. are entirely based on my own pathetic knowledge of such and so I apologise in advance for any incorrectness contained there in. :)

" United Hearts "

Aug. 2002 ShenLong

Chapter 27

The three boys had split up and were watching the two men carefully. They were chatting idly as they stripped down the unit and repaired the fault. Toby began to fidget, he wasn't used to keeping so still for such a long period of time. Back on L2 he hadn't been on the streets quite as long as the rest of them and the bigger boys did most of the stealing and whoring. His part had mostly been scavenging. Oh he had learnt how to tail and be silent but it had been awhile and with the freedom his new life offered him the skills he had learnt had fast diminished.

Benny was also fidgeting. His was more from nervousness than anything else. He didn't like being so close to this man he had witnessed raping and killing that small boy. The sooner he could get out of here and back to the safety of the suite the happier he would be. It was only the thought that if these pair discovered him in here he had no way out that kept him from making any form of noise or running screaming from the room.

Paul was the closest of all three to the men. He could hear their conversation clearly while keeping himself hidden away. He checked his watch, 9.45 am. Idly he wondered if they would be following these pair all day. Not that he minded, it was a challenge to him but he doubted very much if Benny would be able to cope. The poor kid was scared shitless around this man Nylan, and Paul didn't blame him.

The unit didn't take long to fix and the two men were on the move again. Paul slunk out of his hiding place and collecting Toby and Benny they followed them once more into the passage. They trotted along at a discreet distance until Benny piped up.

"I needs ta go to the bathroom Paul."

Paul stopped and looked at the blonde haired boy. His skin was pale and his blue/gray eyes full of turmoil. He realized just how much strain this was putting Benny under. "Okay Benny. There should be a toilet down the next passage. Toby can go with yer. I'll keep tailin these guys and when yer finished make yer way to the hotel kitchens."

Benny nodded.

Toby pulled a face. "I don't wanna go wiv him. I wanna stay following these guys wiv you."

Paul sighed exasperated. Of all the times for Toby to get stubborn it had to be now. "I don't have time ta argue wiv yer Tob, jus do as I say and go wiv Benny."

"But Paul."

"No buts Tob, these guys are gettin away here while we wastes time arguin over this. Yer wants ta let Trowa an Wufei down cause yer wont go wiv Benny to the bathroom?"

Toby hung his head. When Paul put it like that it did make him feel guilty. "Okay. I'll stay wiv Benny."

"Thanks Tob." Paul reached out and ruffled Toby's brown mop of hair. Quickly he saw them into the bathroom before heading back after the two suspects. He was relieved to find they had stopped at a small water fountain for a moment. He watched as Nylan looked at his watch and then he stiffened.

"What's the time?" asked Carter.

"Nine fifty."

"Time to let Evans know?"

"Yeah."

Paul watched as Nylan reached into his pocket and withdrew a small black unit. He pressed a button.

"Okay. Message sent. Lets give Evans ten minutes to get out of there before we detonate."

"Right."

"I think we should detonate when we get to the hotel kitchen."

"Wherever you think is the safest place." said Carter.

The two men began to move off. Paul was shaking, he didn't think it would be so soon. Quickly he checked his mic was still active. "Trowa, Wufei, can yer hear me?"

"Trowa here Paul."

"Did ya get any of that?"

"Yes Paul. We got it all. Thanks."

"No problem Trowa."

"Paul you collect Toby and Benny and head back to the suite, the Preventer agents are moving in

to arrest. We have it all on tape thanks to you."

Paul blushed slightly. He wasn't used to getting such praise. "Okay Trowa, we is on our way back ta home."

"Base out."

Paul turned and headed back down the hallway to collect Toby and Benny who were still in the toilet. He told them what had happened and that they were to get out of there and back to the suite as quickly as possible. Benny was relieved but Toby was miffed at having missed out on the action.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Trowa listened intently to the microphone that Paul carried on him. There was nothing unusual about the conversation. He watched as the two suspects finished the job in the staff canteen and headed down the hall towards the hotel kitchens. He could pick up the three boys as they flitted silently behind them. Amused, Trowa thought idly that once Paul finished school he could easily get a job with the Preventer network. His skills at stealth were really good for a youth of his age. The way he had acquired those skills though was not the way Trowa would have chosen, now he knew why Duo was as good as he was. The fellow ex pilots motto of I run and hide was certainly a skill that had saved his ass many a time during the wars. It seemed to Trowa that sneaking around was practically an inborn trait to the kids of L2

Wufei watched the conference room like a hawk. He could hear most of the talk and saw what Quatre meant with the L2 senator Evans, the man was a total jerk. He thanked the powers that be that he was just another Preventer agent. There was no way on this earth or colonies that could ever get him to do what Quatre did for a living. These men had no sense of honor at all. In many ways it reminded him of a free for all in a kindergarten, only the little kids had enough brains to know when to stop. This lot kept at it for hours. He grunted softly as another tirade was launched.

Trowa suddenly stiffened in his seat, the words came through crystal clear.....

"What's the time?" asked Carter.

"Nine fifty."

"Time to let Evans know?"

"Yeah."

Trowa watched as the man called Nylan reached into his pocket and withdrew a small black unit.

"Okay. Message sent. Let's give Evans ten minutes to get out of there before we detonate."

"Right."

"I think we should detonate when we get to the hotel kitchen."

"Wherever you think is the safest place." said Carter.

"Wufei... the signal has just been given. Alert all necessary parties." said Trowa.

Wufei looked up and nodded his head in affirmation. He contacted Quatre and watched the small screen as he saw Evans reach for something on his belt. Quickly he relayed Trowa's information and told Quatre to stand by and sit tight, agents were on the way. Then he turned back to Trowa as he was instructing Paul to return to the suite with Toby and Benny.

"Right. That's it. We have it all on tape, visual and audio." said Une. "I'll stay and monitor, agents are on their way to the main conference room, you two go and arrest Nylan and Carter."

Wufei nodded again.

Trowa growled, "With pleasure."

"Be careful." added Une.

Trowa and Wufei wasted no time in making their way through the maze of passages towards the hotel kitchens.

Nylan and Carter were just passing by the medical facility when they heard a noise behind them. They turned as the two Preventers came around the corner.

"Up against the wall with your hands above your heads where I can see them!" Wufei yelled.

Carter went pale.

Nylan froze for a moment and then an evil smirk crossed his face. "I don't think so." he said as he put his hand into his pocket and withdrew a small unit that looked for all the world like a cell phone.

"I said against the wall!"

Nylan held up the unit and flipped it open. He placed his finger on the button. "It's too late for that. Come any closer and I will set the reaction in place and release the virus."

Trowa advanced slightly, gun still trained on the man. "I have got a little bit of information for you."

Carter who had begun to back up with Nylan stared at the cinnamon haired agent. "Huh?"

"Press the button... release the virus but I'm afraid it wont do you any good."

It was Nylan's turn to look confused.

"We already know all about your little plan and the virus has already been found and the detonation neutralized." Trowa's one green eye stared intently at the pair.

"No way." whispered Nylan. "How could you?"

"The Preventer network has its ways." snarled Wufei as he advanced on the pair. "Now up against the wall."

Nylan pushed the button anyway, he figured these guys could be lying.

Wufei lunged forward as Carter turned to run. After pushing the button Nylan spun around and ran. Wufei caught up with Carter and quickly overpowered him.

Pausing momentarily Trowa checked on his partner. "Restrained?"

"Yes. No problem here, you go after the other one, I'll inform Une and then join you." replied Wufei.

"Right." Trowa quickly chased after the disappearing form of Nylan.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

"I don't think you are going anywhere Senator Evans." said Quatre.

Evans stared at the blonde haired Winner heir. This youth had been a thorn in his side ever since the conference started Keeping his temper he addressed Quatre. "And why not may I ask?"

"Tell me, is there any particular reason why you should need to leave this room right now?"

"In case it had missed your notice my pager has alerted me to a call I need to make." sneered Evans.

"Then place your call from the phone over there." Quatre indicated the phone on the table in the corner of the room.

Evans began to sweat, he didn't have time for this. The virus was about to be released, he needed to get out of here and get out now!

"You are not Senator Evans are you?"

The room was deathly silent. Eyes darted from one to another and then focused on the pair by the door. They hadn't a clue as to what was happening but obviously something was up.

Quatre reached behind and under his jacket to withdraw the pistol but Evans was quicker. He lunged at Quatre and the two went down in a tangle of limbs. As Quatre hit the floor so the pistol was jarred out of his hand. Evans made a dive for it but Quatre managed to swing a leg and knock it further out of reach. Evans went for Quatre, raining blows on his slender body as Quatre ducked and blocked as best he could.

The man was twice the size of Quatre, so rather that try to land a punch of his own Quatre thought his best option was to block and dodge for the moment and let the other man wear himself out a bit. Then he could attack. Evans began to pant a little, he wasn't all that fit. Quatre managed to land a couple of well placed punches before Evans used his body weight to gain the advantage. Knocking Quatre off balance he grabbed him around the throat

"Now you interfering little shit..." Evans said no more but went limp and fell forward.

Quatre felt the hands closing around his throat cutting off his air supply. He heard Evans begin to speak and then the man went silent and the grip on his neck loosened. As the weight of the other man slumped forward he opened his eyes to see... "Relena?"

Relena had watched the entire confrontation between Evans and Quatre. When they had started to attack each other she could no longer sit back and watch like a stunned mullet as the rest were doing. She rose from her seat and looked around for something she could use. Spotting the empty water pitcher on the small table she picked it up and began her slide around the room to the two grappling men.

When Evans got his hands around Quatre's throat Relena jumped forward and brought the pitcher down against the back of Evans' skull knocking the man clean out. She heard Quatre speak her name and smiled down at the blonde. She held out her hand to assist him to rise.

"Thanks Relena." said Quatre and then turned back to the sprawled unconscious figure on the floor. A trickle of blood ran from the base of the skull but the pulse and breathing were regular. "The Preventers should be here in a moment."

Suddenly the rest of the room was in uproar. The questions and accusations coming thick and fast. The noise was deafening. Quatre put his hands over his ears in an attempt to block out some of the hysterical voices. He needed to contact base and let them know the status of Evans but there was no way he would be heard over this racket.

"ENOUGH!"

The room silenced quickly. Relena looked around at the group, then continued in a softer tone, "That is quite enough gentlemen. Please take your seats and I will explain all to you. You should be thanking Quatre here, not accusing him of attacking the senator, he did after all just save all of your lives."

A quiet murmur passed through the room at this little revelation.

"Now if you will all please be seated and stop acting like overgrown school children the Preventer agents will be shortly and you will all be informed of the current status." Relena put her hands on her hips and glared at the group of men.

Quietly they all took their seats once more and darted furtive glances at each other.

"That's much better." Relena took up position at the head of the table and proceeded to explain a little of what had just taken place.

Quatre sighed and flashed Relena a grateful smile. She returned it with one to equal his. Quatre turned his back on the group to report to base. "Quatre to base."

A few seconds later Une responded. "Une here Quatre. What the hell was all that about?"

Une had been switching from one monitor to the other and trying to keep the two lots of incoming vocal information separate in her brain. No easy task, even for someone of Une's capabilities. She had switched to see Wufei overpower Carter and Trowa pursue Nylan, when she turned back all hell had broken loose in the conference room. She watched as Relena caught the man Evans a perfect blow to the back of the head with... a water pitcher?

"Evans was trying to leave the building. He failed." said Quatre dryly as he rubbed his bruised ribs.

"I can see he is currently shall we say indisposed?"

"Umm yes he is. He's quite okay although he's going to have a very nasty headache when he wakes up." said Quatre as he looked at the still prone form.

"Remind me never to piss off Relena." muttered Une.

"Sorry Une I didn't quite catch that."

"Nothing Quatre. The agents should be there any second. Just hold tight until they arrive and then you will all be free to return to your suites."

"How are the boys Une? And Trowa and Wufei?"

"The boys are back in your suite. They did an excellent job. Paul got the information we needed and Wufei and Trowa are in the processes of making the arrests."

Quatre breathed an audible sigh of relief.

"I will contact Sally and have her meet you in your suite and check you over."

"I'm fine Une." Quatre didn't want Sally poking at him any more than Benny had. All he wanted to do right now was head back to his room and make sure for himself that his boys were okay.

"I don't care what you say Quatre, Sally will be along shortly. Une out."

The doors to the room opened and several Preventer agents entered. Two went directly to Evans and 'cuffed him while the remainder began to check that the dignitaries were all safe and well. One by one they were allowed to leave. Quatre headed out with Relena at his side.

"Are you sure you're okay Quatre?"

"Yes I'm fine Relena. Une is sending Sally to check me over just to be sure."

"I can come back with you if you wish."

"No that's okay." Quatre stopped and pulled Relena into a bear hug. "Thanks."

Relena returned the hug. "Anytime Quatre. It's the least I can do after all that you five did for us all during the wars. Besides I did say I had picked up a few tricks."

Quatre laughed. "So you did. But one question Relena."

"Yes?"

"Why a water pitcher?"

"It was the only thing I could find at the time that was big enough and heavy enough to do the job."

"Oh."

Relena ducked forward and gave him a quick kiss to the cheek. "Go back to your family Quatre, they need you."

Quatre smiled. "Thank you. I will."

Relena turned and left him standing there for a moment before his brain kicked in. "Benny and Toby." he thought and set off with a purpose to his stride.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Trowa raced down the passage following the sounds of running footsteps ahead of him. Wufei had Carter restrained so now it was just a case of catching up with Nylan and bringing him to justice. Trowa's long legs and athletic form was quickly gaining him ground on the fugitive. He followed around several corners, his goal in sight and the distance shortening by the stride.

Nylan turned left and right in an attempt to shake off his pursuer. He wasn't sure if the virus had detonated or not and he didn't know if what the agent said about having discovered all about their group was true either. But one thing was for sure, he wasn't about to hang around and find out. He knew they had Carter and that the miserable bastard would more than likely talk under questioning. He had to get out of here and away, disappear for a while until the heat had turned down. Then he could head back out to the colony and see what remained of the group. Firstly though he had to get away from this mongrel that was chasing him.

Nylan shot around another corner and along the hall. As he turned another corner so he collided with someone coming the other way.

Trowa continued to chase the man, gaining ground steadily. He followed around another corner and checked his gun was still ready to fire. He saw Nylan swerve around another corner and then there was a crash followed by the sounds of grunting and a scream.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

The vid phone went off in the medical facility and Sally answered the call. "Sally Po here."

"Sally it's Une." Seeing the questions about to burst forth Une continued quickly. "I need you to go to Quatre's suite please. Don't panic the boys are all okay as it Quatre."

Sally gave a sigh of relief.

"I don't have time to explain everything now, Quatre can tell you more when you get there. The suspects are in the processes of being arrested but during the arrest in the main conference room Quatre was involved in a physical altercation with the senator Evans. He says he his fine but I would feel happier if you would go along and just check him over to be sure."

"But of course Une. I'll get my bag and head over there right away."

"Thank you Sally."

"No problem. I'll take my pager with me so if you need me for anything else you can get in touch immediately."

"Contact me when you have finished with Quatre."

"Okay."

"Une out."

Sally crossed the room and picked up her bag. She double checked its contents more from habit than anything else as she already knew it was fully stocked and went to the door. She exited and shut the door firmly behind her. A quick glance at the pager told her it was on and functioning so she turned and made her way down the hall towards the hotel and Quatre's suite. Locked in her thoughts of how the three boys would be after their experiences she approached the corner and wasn't aware of hurried footsteps until it was too late. Suddenly there was a blur of movement as a large body came hurtling around the corner and collided with her sending herself, the bag and her assailant crashing to the floor. An involuntary scream more of shock than anything else escaped her throat as she connected with the hard floor.

Trowa braked and slid to a halt as he rounded the corner. He could see the form of Nylan as he pulled himself from the floor, dragging the unsuspecting person he had knocked down with him.

Sally was aware of two things. One; she was being dragged to her feet with something cold and hard pushing into her temple. Two; her wrist hurt like hell!

Nylan picked himself up and pulled the other person with him. He had needed a break knowing the agent had been gaining on him and as luck would have it he now had the means with which to bargain. He shoved the nozzle of the gun against the woman's head. "Hold it right there or the broad will cop a lead aspirin."

Trowa had no option but to stop. There was no way he was going to put Sally's life in any further danger. He stared at the man reading the desperation in his eyes. He had to take this slowly. Understanding how animals reacted when scared and cornered he could see the same glint in this man's eyes.

"Drop the gun." said Nylan.

Sally stared at Trowa keeping her eyes impassive, trying to let him know she was okay so far.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Wufei 'cuffed Carter and pulled him to the wall. He watched as Trowa set off in pursuit of Nylan. He knew Trowa would catch the other man. He took a moment to calm himself and clear his head as he waited for the other agents to show up. A few moments later they did. He handed Carter over to them and set off after Trowa. Running along the passages he could hear the echo of footsteps ahead and instinctively followed them. The crash and scream he heard next however spurred him to greater speed. That scream had sounded like Sally. With fear now pounding through his veins as well he tore along the passages in the direction it came from. He rounded a corner and came to an abrupt halt. What he saw drew forth an emotion he had long ago buried and forgotten... Anguish. "Noooooo...." he screamed.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Trowa dropped gracefully to a crouch, one hand held high in the air in surrender as he went to place his gun on the ground. "Don't do anything foolish." he said quietly.

"Just put the gun on the ground and shove it over here." growled Nylan.

"That's all I intend to do." Said Trowa still in his soft monotone. He dropped the gun to the floor and pushed it away. He kept one eye on Nylan as he did so.

The sound of approaching footsteps distracted Nylan for a second, Trowa reached quickly into his boot as he stood up. Wufei came barreling around the corner as Trowa straightened up.

Several things happened at once.

Seeing Nylan distracted Trowa took his chance. He palmed the small knife and taking aim tossed it swiftly through the air.

Nylan caught the glint of light reflecting off the blade as it arced gracefully towards him. Too late he realized there was nothing he could do to avoid it as it buried itself to the hilt in his forehead. As the blade swiftly cut into the brain so the body gave a convulsive jerk, the finger closed in reflex over the trigger and the shot fired off as the body crumpled to the ground.

Sally saw Wufei come flying around the corner, at the same time she watched as Trowa threw the knife expertly. She felt the tremor pass through the body that held her prisoner and then the shot rang out before she remembered no more.

Wufei watched in terror as the knife embedded itself in Nylan's brain and the gun went off. What only took milliseconds to transpire seemed an eternity to Wufei and he stared helpless as the two figures crumpled to the ground. He felt the anguish rise forth from deep within as Sally's unconscious form once more connected with the floor. "Nooooo...." he screamed.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~