Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ WaStElAnD ❯ eXcEsS ( Chapter 8 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Welcome to the

WaStELaND by HatE DepT

Holy hell took me a minute on that shit huh…ahahah yeah…oh shit um yeah there's some warnings and shit that you otta know by now. And if ya don't well fuck the bullshit right. Ha.

Ah and for all the shit I forgot. In some a da chaps are some little incerts from shit.. Aw snaps comin from Rave Master..pretty good manga..Deliverance referance little bit early..haha yeah lauged at that. And other random shit that comes to my head, when It's not numb. I'm thinkin Heero jus needs ta get dicked down

H: the fuck you just say

HD: uh heh…dicked down

H: the fuck I do. I think you mean Duo

D: wha, yo I was just chillen eatin some popeye's and ya'll wants ta be brining me in to this shit. Aw, hell naw

HD: you got some Popeye's and din't tell me

D: no. it's uh…Fei cooked it

HD: you lien ass bastard when I catch you ya ass is going down….

Ch 8: Excess

My head was cracked to the side and I wasn't laughing as I groaned from the impact. "What the fuck man." My hand went to my cheek. I rolled off the chair and rested on my knees, confusion on my face as I looked at Heero. The barrel of the gun now in his hand.

"Damn dude that shit really hurt." He nailed me right on the cheek bone with the butt of the gun. It helped to sober me up a little. He was lucky I wasn't completely sober otherwise I'd a kicked his ass.

"You self righteous prick. What the hell did you expect me to do? It was your fault all this shit happened." His hand tightened on the barrel and pulled back ready to strike. I was drunk enough that I didn't move.

"If I could get away with it I would beat you to death with this gun."

"Lucky me ya can't."

"Not to death." My last vision was of Heero's maniacal smile. The butt connected with my right temple. A burst of light flooded my eyes then the world disintegrated.

I came to on the kitchen floor. The right side of my face felt like someone took a hammer to it. Oh, my bad, it was the butt of a browning 9. My right ear was ringing something fierce, like a shotgun went off right next to it. My head was rave full of pain, just dancing around like it didn't care about nothing. I dragged myself to the bathroom. My right eye was swollen half closed and my vision was all blurry out of it. I had a nice mix of black, blue and yellow around it. My cheek was matching. I didn't care as I rummaged through the behind the mirror shelves. I found a bottle of aspirin and took four wishing it would kick in now. I looked back at the mirror. Got that fixed fast.

I winced in head trauma as I walked into the kitchen. The place seemed empty. The chair had been righted in the kitchen and all the bottles were gone. With me off the floor it looked like nothing happened. I roamed through the place. It was empty. I got a glass of water and noticed a note on the fridge.

Duo,

There's a rake on the front porch. Ten feet all around.

My head pounded in response to the read. "Right." I said ignoring it and going up to my room. I fell on the bed closing my eyes. My head killed. I was going to die from a hemorrhage. The aspirin finally took effect and I fell asleep. It doesn't matter what you try the only way to get over a hang over is sleeping. It makes time pass so much quicker. The sleep was restless and I finally decided to stay up, but didn't get out of bed. I just wasn't in the mood today. I heard the door close and stayed quiet. There was rustling in the kitchen and I heard feet coming up the steps. I faked sleep. Better than dealing with them.

I could hear the other breath. I figured it was Heero by the length he stayed. Was he just staring at me? I had to wonder if he'd done this before. Creepy bastard.

"You're faking." My face fell into a frown, but I didn't open my eyes.

"Watched me enough to tell the difference?" Heero didn't say anything, which made it less of a wonder.

"You didn't do your task." He finally said after like two minutes of silence.

"That's cause I kinda had a headache since someone bashed me in the side of the fucking head with the butt of a gun." I could hear Heero's teeth grinding.

"I did what I had to."

"All bout the J.O.B."

"I refuse to sit back and let you do what you please."

"Yet you can do whatever you want, huh?"

"I'm not the prisoner."

"No you just like suckin on his dick." I heard Heero move closer to me. He was at the end of the bed now.

"It had the desired effect. Zechs is no longer here." I felt the adrenalin flair to life throughout my body at his words. He was baiting me and I was so close to jumping for it. I rolled to my back looking up at him.

"At least I had it right from the start." I couldn't even hide my anger. "Guess that makes you the winner."

"Guess it does." Heero got that slight smile that I'd come to loath on his face. "Thanks." he said as he walked down the stairs. So mad. I was madder than Hitler on a good day. I wanted to chase him down and choke the life out of him, but I wouldn't fall for his little tricks. I wasn't going down stairs till I was calmer.

It didn't take long for my thoughts to move on. Mental disorders aren't as bad as they seem. I knew Zechs was still on the planet. He wouldn't leave because of anger. He wouldn't come back here because of anger. There were other reasons he was on Earth. I needed to get out of here. I needed to find him. Yuy might be the God savior of Earth. He was no God to me. I rubbed the collar, he could put it on and I was sure he could take it off.

I got out of bed heading down the stairs. I had a plan. Okay not a real well formulated plan. So I really had nothing but a crazed whim. That's how I got through the war. It could work here. Heero was at the table glowering at his laptop and Wufei was in the kitchen washing dishes. I acted casual as I walked towards them stopping as I came out of the living room. I glanced back at Heero, then to Wufei who was looking at me, and back to the door.

"What ever you're thinking Duo, don't." Wufei said wiping his hands on a towel that sat next to the sink. I could feel Heero looking at me. I kept my focus on the door.

"I'm not thinking Fei." I said as my feet took me to the door. We all had our talents. I was lucky enough to get speed. I barley made it through the door. I felt Heero's hand graze the fabric of my sock. I calculated my gallops and stopped on the brink of my little circle. I turned to see Heero coming to a skidding stop, falling on his ass in front of me as my weight hovered on one foot.

"Two times this quick Yuy and I think they'll take me outta here and check on my head." I tapped a finger on the side of my head swaying dangerously back. Heero was looking up at me emptily.

"I thought you weren't thinking." His voice as bland as his face.

"It ain't such a good idea to fuck with me right now Yuy."

"Do it. I won't save you this time."

"I never wanted you to save me. You were the one who needed the feeling that someone depended on you to survive. You, the deadest one of us all, needed that to survive. It's hard for you now. It's so hard for you to see I'm not as weak as you thought. To see that I don't need your saving."

"Take that step back Duo. Go ahead it won't kill you anymore." Heero stood up to get me into an even eyed glaring contest. "I took the collar and bands back to change the settings. No more poison. Now the collar will send a needle into your spinal cord paralyzing you from the neck down. I knew you would take this way out again because of your weakness. You never changed and you never will." I had to smile. Crazy whims don't always end up bad. I had some dark twisted demon watching my back.

"You're right Heero." My mind clicked and ticked moving concepts and ideas, segmenting reason, conjugating present and past to reach the final solution. The sneer of a comic book villain caught by his nemesis spread across my face as Heero pulled me towards the cabin. I stopped at he porch to study the rake. Wufei was in the doorway looking between us.

"You can do the raking tomorrow Duo." Wufei said noticing where my attention was.

"No, it's alright I'll do it now." My voice was flat. I grabbed the rake and turned on the two. I couldn't help the toothy grin that accompanied the insanity of my thoughts as the handle of the rake took Wufei in the gut. I watched his eyes lose focus as he went down in a heap. I faced Heero bringing the rake handle down on the top of his head. It connected and I was thankful again for the speed I had. The wood split from the impact. Heero was crouched down, but far from out of the game as he glared up at me.

"Oh shit." Was all I could say in reaction. Man, I put all my weight in that hit and the guy was still up. A line of red came down his forehead to split at the bridge of his nose and give the illusion of crimson tears down his cheeks. He moved to come at me and I swung the rake part at him to keep him back. Damn Heero for being good at calculation. He wove, dodging the rake, to get in close to me and knocked me in the right side of the face with his forearm. It wouldn't of messed with me if he hadn't of clocked me there the night before. He did and the hit made me forget about my weapon and lose my balance.

I fell into the side of the house. I was too busy with the ache of my face to react. His hand wrapped around my throat above the collar and tightened effectively closing my windpipe. I brought my knee up to crush any dream he had of becoming a porn star. The hand loosened on my throat immediately as his eyes widened and what do ya know I got Yuy to make the o face. Hey I ain't above that shit when my life is on the line. I had things to do. Yuy was a gaging coughing mess on the ground.

I ran in the house knowing my time was short cause once Yuy was up oh ho you can be sure I was going down. I slid on the wood floor in his room rampaging through every drawer. It was that remote. I knew it had something to do with the remote. I was getting panicked after I went through his whole room with no results.

"Just calm the fuck down Duo. It's got to be right in front of your face. Think. Where would you put it? Okay now the complete opposite of that." I made some high pitched sequel of fear as I scanned the room again feeling a blanket of doom wrapping around me.

"It's got to be here." I mock cried rubbing my hands down my face to peer through my fingers. My face lit up like an ugly stripper getting a Benji for a dance when I spotted it on the night stand next to Heero's bed. I gabbed it to study it. There was a blue, purple, white, and black button. My thumb hovered over each. I didn't have too much in the luck department so I went out to the porch. Heero's face was turning from purple to red slowly. He was breathing a bit more normally, he still wasn't going nowhere for awhile though. I crouched down to him.

"Which one." I asked dangling it in front of him.

"Figure it out." He grunted.

"I will kick you again Yuy. I ain't fuckin around no more." I pulled it back from him as I stood up. He only closed his eyes and coughed.

"Don't make me fucking do this Yuy. This ain't a joke. I'm not going to stay here anymore. Now tell me which one!" Heero looked at me through the corner of the eye his lip curving towards that wayward orb. My foot took him across the face. I hopped on one foot cursing the roof as my toes tried to right themselves.

I fell on my ass holding the objecting digits. Note to self, don't kick someone in the face, no matter how mad you are, unless you have shoes on. I heard a smug laugh come from Heero's direction. He was on his back. I jumped on him. Straddling him I palmed his face.

"Tell me how to get out of these damn things." I growled cracking his head on the hard wood between each word. I let go getting in his face. His eyes were threatening to take a long look at the back of his head as his lids fought to stay open. I had enough. He was going to let me go or I was going to kill him. I put my hands on either side of his head.

"Just fucking let me go!" I yelled attempting to crush his head. A deafening beep sounded and the collar and bands fell from me. I let go of Heero's head sitting on him smiling like a kid watching their favorite cartoon, all open mouthed joy. I stood up and almost slipped on the remote. I laughed a full body laugh as I saw my foot on the remote hitting the blue button. I honestly thought it was the black one. Heero groaned under me.

"You're lucky I don't know how to put these damn things on or believe me you'd be wearing them." I said putting the collar and bands on his chest and making a b-line for the woods. I ran not even caring one bit where I was going as long as I was going. About an hour later I thought about grabbing a car. I didn't even care though. It just felt so good to be anywhere, to go anywhere. It's amazing how much I took for granted having that. To be able to do, think what I wanted. To be who I wanted. I won't do that again for awhile. I won't say forever. That's a real long time and old habits die hard. I never give my word forever because people will hold you up on that and sometimes you can't be who you're not.

Fuck forever there's only now. I started running again. Jumping downed trees. Whisking through limbs. Feeling the earth give way to my feet. I couldn't stop smiling. I slowed as I heard the soft purring of engines, the slow grind of tires on asphalt. I closed my eyes listening. Night was coming on quick and I wasn't too sure I really wanted to be in these woods when it happened. I mean I stayed out in the woods before with Yuy and the others, but it's been awhile and I wasn't with them.

I followed the sound heading for the road. My smile wavered as my foot hit an ice cold creak. At least it was only the aching foot that fell in the freezing water. I ducked the lights that flashed into the woods.

"I'm gonna be so fucked when Yuy and Fei get up." I breathed to myself as I crawled up the ditch to lay near the road. It didn't seem to get too much traffic. I checked both ways again before I got up and started walking along it. I new I looked like hell, but that didn't mean someone wouldn't be good enough to pick me up. I'd a picked me up if I saw me.

This road was dead. Aw, I mean I walked like five miles and no one came. My one foot was Antarctica and the other was moving into Alaska. Okay the car was an acceptable miscalculation, but shoes. Come on. Leave it to me to be the jackass. I heard a rumble and did the stupid look at the sky thing. Of course it was clear and the noise was coming from behind me. The headlights came around the curve I'd just cleared and then I could feel the bass emanating from the vehicle. I didn't think about running since it was real unlikely Heero, Wufei, Trowa, or Quatre would have a car with a sweet ass system like this one. The car slowed as it passed me, then pulled to a stop in front of me. Hey at least I wasn't the only one that'd stop for me. I jogged as fast as my frozen feet would take me.

The stereo was silent as I walked up to the car. It wasn't as nice as I thought it would be with a system like that. It was small, white and full of rust. I reached the door.

"Uh careful, the doors a piece of shit like the car and if ya pull it too hard it'll take the frame off." I was careful and she wasn't lying, the frame rattled as I opened it and slid in. I looked to the girl. Her eyes were dark as her hair. She had a look like Wufei, but her face was all pasty white and her hair was a lot shorter in the back. Her clothes were all black. Two spike bracelets adorned her wrists. She seemed to fit the size of the car. Petite. She studied me as I did her.

"Whoa dude, what happened to your face. Get in a fight with the side of a tree or something." Her personality was far from her stature.

"Heh. Naw, my car got a flat awhile back on the road and went into the ditch. Guess I got a little banged up." I said pulling down the visor to look into the mirror even though the only light in the car was the dash lights.

"Yeah, just a little. If you actually think there's a mirror there you didn't look at the car. Although it's a pimp ass ride." I looked to her grinning face.

"You do this often?"

"What?"

"Pick up hitchhikers." She laughed and I had to put effort into not joining her.

"Actually dude, you didn't have a thumb out so it's not really hitchhiking. Minus that, this is a first. You just look so pathetic all shoeless and shit. What did ya just get out of the car and were like `you know...fuck shoes." I had to give in to her accepting personality. It was like looking at myself when she talked. Myself a long time ago.

"Anyway, I'm heading into Sanc for this stupid ass award thing for some shit. So, oh shit, you got into an accident. Did you want to go to the hospital or something?"

"No, it wasn't that bad. Just drop me off..." Shit I didn't know where anything was there. I hadn't been on Earth, let alone the Sanc Kingdom, in a long time. The only place I knew was the stupid Peacecrap mansion.

"Fuck it we'll worry about it when we get there right." She pulled out a cigarette. "Do you mind?"

"If I say yeah."

"Fuck you. It's my damn car and you can walk your crazy ass there." She laughed dropping the emergency brake and shifting it into gear.

"Actually, could I have one?" She through the pack to me as she drove. I understood why she had the car now. It was a classic stick shift. I hadn't seen a stick that worked in my life.

"Where did you find this?"

"Ah my parents were all about collecting the classic stuff. My dad taught me to drive it before the war. I keep it to remember them. Died in the war and all. Fought on the wrong side. He and my Mom joined up with Oz. Killed by the gundam piolets on a mission." She said with the cigarette hanging out of her mouth and leaning her head to the side to look at me and give me a nod.

"Oh, it's a nice ride." I commented looking out the window. It could have been me who killed this girls parents. I glanced at her. She had such a strong, honest personality, which I was sure her parents raised her with. I could have been the one to take them from her.

"You like synthpop?"

"I don't even know what that is."

"Type of music. You'll like it if I'm readin ya right." she turned on the stereo and I leaned back in the scoop seat as the music filled the car. It sounded perfected. All pitches matched just right.

"Holy shit. Covenant right." I yelled over the music. She turned it down.

"You know them."

"Yeah, yeah. When I was on the Mars colony I had this shit. I got it from Court Side Antiques."

"Ha you know Jing then."

"The little Asian guy with the blue mohawk."

"Naw, now it's green, purple, and gold." I felt so relaxed. I didn't think about Heero, Zechs, or the Colony. Talking to her made everything go away. We bullshitted over music, electronics, the right way to fix a transmission. She was into all the ancient relics I was. The city came on to quick. I wanted to ask if we could keep going, but I had to go back to real life sometime and as real as she was, this wasn't why I was here. Time was running out. I knew Yuy and Wufei would be up and alerted everyone I was out and about. It was a relief that she didn't listen to the radio. I wasn't careful at all, I knew Heero would be able to track my path through the woods to the road and from there it wasn't to hard to tell where I would be heading.

"So where do you want me to take you." I wanted to say Peacecraft mansion. That would look real good. I just got into a accident, but I'm all up for meeting Miss Relena.

"I'll just go with you. Where ever your going is good enough." She looked over at me as we waited for the light to change.

"Dude that ain't gonna work."

"Why?"

"Cause unless your sentence changed, I'd say your in a lotta shit Maxwell." My mouth went dry and I was straight chewing on my tongue for moister.

"How'd you know?"

"Dude, that was like the only thing anyone talked about for like 3 fuckin days. It was all about how Duo Maxwell, the Deathscythe piolet, was building massive lasers to destroy Earth. If I didn't know who you were I'd say I was real fucked up."

"Are you gonna turn me in." My heart was on pause as I watch her lips move trying to find the answer before it hit my ears.

"I should. For a lot of reasons I should take you down, but the past is the past. If it didn't happen the way it did, I wouldn't be me and you wouldn't be you. So where do you need to go?" Her voice brought to me the words she didn't say. It was me who took out her parents. She gave me hope. Hope that not everything I did wasn't a mistake. If she could forgive me for killing her parents, Zechs had to forgive a bit of suckin dick. It's not even like I had Heero's in my mouth, it was all him.

"Peacecrap mansion."

"Peacecrap. That's nice. You do know Relena has some security." I gave her a smirk. "Oh yeah gundam piolet. Good point." It was a quiet ride to the mansion. We were about two blocks away when I had her stop.

"Do you know if Zechs is staying with her?" I asked as she started tapping her finger on her lip.

"You know last time he was here he did, but then all that shit happened with you. I remember seeing in a tabloid that Zechs all went off on Relena for the shit. That was awhile ago though. I don't know." she looked to me shrugging. "Your guess is as good as mine."

We sat there for a little bit. Me trying to figure if this was a good plan. Heero wouldn't be far behind. I shook the thought of him from my head. I didn't need that to freak me out.

"Hey I enjoy your company and all, but I'm already pretty late for this stupid ass banquet thing so you need to make a decision." I got out of the car.

"See ya around." She said as I closed the door. I watched the car speed off. I almost laughed as I realized I never got her name. Smart girl.

I hid in the shadows taking my time to get to the mansion not exactly sure what the hell I was doing. Not that I've ever been sure of anything. It occurred to me that Zechs might not be there, but I didn't really have anywhere else to go, so fuck it right.

I stood at the back of the gate. I was stupid, but not crazy enough to go the front. The fence was about 20ft high. Trying to keep more than wild animals out. I had to laugh at the thought. I knew that's what I looked liked being all bare foot and dirty with a big ass bruise on the side of my face. I stopped laughing once I grabbed the metal of the fence, my whole body tensed. My teeth clenched so hard I could here them cracking.

My muscles twitched and I spat out a breath as I let go of the fence and fell to the ground. If I could've taken my leg off my body and beat me senseless with it I would of. My head was still full of electricity leaving me desperate for the realm of coherent thought.

Things slowly started piecing themselves together. Damn electrified fences. Whoever thought of that shit should be shot. I should have known the peaceful Relena Peacecraft would die out eventually. Can't rule the world forever without a little protection. I didn't even want to imagine what else the night would bring.

****always***

HD: well that took me forever, well not really I just wasn't in the mood

D: fuck your damn mood (smackin lips eatin the chicken)

Hd: you motherfucker I'm gonna kick ya ass you don't stop eaten that. (chasen Duo)

H: oh fuck this shit. I'll be writing the next chap

HD: (skidding to a stop) bitch you'd have to be creative and have your own mind first.

H: (chasen Hate Dept, who learned how to sprint) I can keep this up forever. Just stop and take the beating you pussy.

HD: NEVER!!