Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ WaStElAnD ❯ ReALiTy ( Chapter 9 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

WeLcOmE OnCe aGain To the WonderfUl PaRtY aT The

WasteLanD by HAte DepT

Warnings warnings all this shit is boring ney ahhhahhah yeah it sucks high ass….. read one or two or….fuCk iT DoN' t

mystery of words becomes reality to use and lose, in a maddaning spin of religen and zen, control moves to those without holds, light the way i'm about to pray, to a voice i know is choice, though it's on the wrong end, sin is where i begin, to write myself into the night, and destroy all things deemed right. Whoa I'm AlL tyPeS oF tiered….mea…uh yeah well tHis Little BiTch tooK foR eva and a MinUte to WrItE. HaD a SiX DaY BingE of MassiVe DrinKin….GooD TiMes….ahhh WeLl ConveRgence is comin uP in Chi NexT Month…so I try To Get Next Chap Out bEfore Then, BecausE afTer that WeekEnd of mAd GotH MusiC I'M gonnA be All CrAcKeD Out…Can'T FucKin Wait. Ahh So On with thE Shit Eh…

D: You're already cracked out dude.

HD: What

H: HD's been all about the pipe this week huh?

HD: Naw Herro I wouldn't want to take away your job.

H: Hey I'm straight edge.

HD/D: Bwahahaha

HD: did He say Staight…

D: Hell naw he totally did…

H: You both are DEAD TO ME! Look as I speak you are being crossed out of the PDA…Look what's that next to ya HD…a tomstone because you're DEAD TO ME.

HD: Oh I can't Hear you, is that you talkin from a coffin…becaue you're already DEAD To Me…. You were crossed from my PDA last week.

D: I don't have a PDA…

H/HD: (pointing at Duo) hahaha…

Ch 9. Reality

So I was stupid and had to go around to the front and wait, a long time. No way else I was getting in without someone opening the gates. I'm a slow learner unless unpleasant pain is involved and I really didn't need my heart jump started again.

I watched my car pull up and realized this was going to be harder then I planned. Yuy mighta been driven it, but it would be my car eventually.

I watched the gate open and moved in as close as I would with Yuy and Chang together. The windows were down, of course neither was talking, and there was no music playing. I was so scared I didn't even breathe. Just laid there till the car started moving inside. The engine reaving giving me enough lea way to get closer. I crouched moving in behind the car, somersaulting to get in quick and disappear into the foliage on the inside.

I was choking on my heart as it pounded in my throat. I felt like I was on a mission gone all wrong. I mean I had no problem working with close to nothing, but I had straight up nothing. Barely the clothes on my back. I stayed crouched in the bushes trying to get a hold of myself. I was cracking worse than my first day of training. My breathe was ragged and like a siren in my ears. My hands had a clumsy shake to them. Doubts purged ability with reality looming at leisure miles away. Paranoia dug it's claws through commonsense, ridding me of action.

I sat down and looked to the sky. There was a reason I was here. I stared at the red tinted star, thoughts of booze and senseless conversations relaxed the ebb of hopelessness. My eyes fell on the mansion set in determination. I moved with conviction to the right side. This time there was no way I was going to go in the front.

I watched as most the lights were turned off. Heero knew I was coming. I assumed there were personnel strategically placed at any easy in.

"Man, I fuckin hate Yuy" I grumbled silently to myself as I army crawled to the house. I laid as flat as I could against the vinyl siding. I wished I had some night vision goggles, a lay out of the place, even a rope would of been helpful at this point. I didn't, but I did have my shirt and good ears. I could hear the labored breathing through the window above me. Fear evident in every breathe.

My hand went through the window and into the others face. Shards of glass slashed into the soft meat of the rounded mans cheeks. My hand loosened teeth and flattened the bones of his nose. He fell with little sound, the window on the other hand called a brigade of lights to come to life. The time for thinking ended when my hand hit the glass, motion was all that was intended. I had a target and I would get there.

I barley felt the glass enter my hand as I grabbed the ledge and vaulted myself over it. My feet crushed the larger pieces. They knew I was here it wouldn't matter if they tracked me. I ran to the large oak door to the right. I opened it knowing what lay behind and effectively slamming the Preventer hiding there with the massive wooden rectangle. My feet slipped on the wood floor from the liquid that leaked out of them. I stumbled my way through room after room.

I slid into the dinning room. Heero's eyes blazed into life as he caught sight of me from the entrance way that I was heading to. I spun around. A huge table for every delegate in the Earth Colony Alliance sat in front of me. I jumped on it slipping down it, knocking chairs into Heero's path since he opted to go around. The chairs had the desired effect as I heard him go down a couple of times before I reached the door. I locked it knowing it would slow him.

My eyes met with a wide eyed Relena. She stood on a huge stairway in a pink monstrosity some called a dress. Wickedness ate at me like maggots on a rotting carcass and I couldn't stop myself from pushing her over the rail. She wasn't but five steps up, so it wouldn't inflict too much damage. It's the thought that counts. Her scream chased me up the stairs. It wasn't that serious, over dramatic whore.

My path was obstructed at the top by Quatre and Trowa, who I assumed reacted to slutbags scream. My fist caught Quatre's gut and elbow got Trowa's face. I had no friends on Earth anymore. I jumped Quatre's hunched form heading down a nondescript hall to a random door.

There were so many doors and they all looked the same. Why couldn't they have name plates on them or something? I looked down the line of six and went with the one I felt was right. I ducked two gunshots and closed it fast rolling to the next. I should know to always go with my last pick. I jumped in the next door as I heard the prior attempted killer open his door.

I wasn't shot at, guess that was a good sign. The room was dark, a candle burned in the far corner. I stayed quiet waiting for the tenant of the previous room to follow my tracks. I heard the handle turn and a deadly silence came over me. The gun entered then another hand, which sought the light switch. The room flooded with light. I noticed my objective in a chair on the opposite side of the room from the candle watching me intently.

The man stepped in fully, fear whitened his eyes as he caught sight of me too late. My hands twisted his head until a sick pop filled the room. I dropped his body looking to Zechs. Zechs met my stare unflinchingly, seemingly unaffected by my recent actions.

"This didn't turn out like I planed." Nervous laughter filling my voice as I looked down at the dead man. "Zechs I really need to get outta here man. You gotta help me." I heard yelling closing in on the door. Zechs gazed out the window uncaring of my plight. I heard a gasp at the door. I turned to see Quatre crouching down to the body and Trowa training a gun on me.

"Heero, he's down here. We got a man down." Trowa's voice was deader than ever as his finger decided my fate. My attention went back to Zechs.

"You have to do something. You can't just leave me here. That colony would be nothing without me. Zechs come on." I stopped moving towards the sitting figure when I felt the gun pressed to my head.

"Don't move Duo." Heero's monotone voice was like the devils as he stole my soul. Zechs stood from the chair and walked towards me. I felt the first cuff take my wrist. Zechs stopped in front of me lifting my face to his with a gentle grip to my chin.

"The colony is running fine without you. There's nothing more I need from you." He leaned in close. "I don't take damaged goods." He glanced at Heero then back to me. My mouth dropped as he walked by. The only sound in the room was the pulsating rage that filled my ears. My teeth cracked together in words I couldn't speak. I was sick of this shit. Sick of being used and betrayed.

The maelstrom of emotion stopped when my vision filled with a familiar black box. Yuy was reaching to cuff the other wrist. I spun on him, the gun now resting near my forehead. He'd lost his grip on the cuffs.

"You're going to have to pull that trigger to keep me here Yuy." I said as I ran for the box that was on the table sitting next to the chair. I knew Yuy would take the shot. I grabbed the box and flung myself out of the picture window. I held it to my stomach as my back cracked on the not so soft grass. I was momentarily paralyzed with the breathe knocked out of me.

Quatre and Trowa were staring down at me from the window when I heard a shot fired and the two ducked. Heero didn't fire till now? I didn't have time to think about that. I had to get the fuck out of here. I got to my feet and limped off the ache of the impact. I wasn't walking this time.

I jumped into Heero's BMW, told you it was gonna be my car, and hot wired it. I really didn't want to try and drive my car through the gate since I just got it. I found a garage door opener looking thing and hit the button. I deserved that shit. I thought as the gate opened. I turned on the stereo finding an industrial station, which made the planet just barely tolerable for a minute. I tore down the streets not caring for lights or other motorists. I needed to get out of Sanc.

I got out of the city without incident. I was thinking there were going to be tones of red and blue on my ass, but what do you know. I turned the radio off, slowing down a bit as I clicked the box on. Static filled the car for a moment.

"Is there a problem Zechs?" I let out a tear filled laugh.

"Harry. Is it really you man?"

"Big D. Big D, love. Is that you?"

"Yeah." I laughed wiping the tears from my eyes so I could see.

"Are you with Zehcs?"

"`arry things are really fucked up. I don't know what I'm doing. I need some help, man. I need a lot of help." I wasn't laughing anymore as I wiped the tears away.

"Duo what is it? Hold on I'm going to get Manny up here." I could hear the panic in Harry's voice. It was comforting to know that someone still cared, though they were too far away to help me. I stayed silent while I waited just trying to get as many miles behind me as possible.

"Big D...you there buddy?"

"Lil Man I'm in some serious shit...I don't have a friend on this world man."

"What happened D? I knew something went wrong when Zechs went down there. We didn't need any supplies."

"Naw man, I tried to kill myself, but that doesn't matter right now..."

"The fuck it don't matter Big D. What the hell's going on with you man?"

"Manny I just need you to listen. Shit's way fucked up. Zech just fuckin dissed me yo. He ain't gonna take me back up there. I got away from Yuy, but shit man I just killed some guy...I'm so fucked right now." I was rubbing my temple with one hand and driving with the other.

"D you gotta explain it better than that."

"Zechs caught Heero suckin on my dick...I don't know how it all happened. No I do. Fuck. Heero knew Zechs would catch us. I didn't think he'd be that pissed. Now he's acting like Heero with this shit. Like I ain't nothin but some trophy in their fuckin pissin contest and Yuy's already won. Yo he just told me he don't even need me up there." My fist banged on the steering wheel. "Everything's so fucked up!"

"Big D. Shit. Where you at now?"

"I don't fuckin know Lil Man. I don't even fuckin know." I was starting to feel dead inside.

"`arry, go get Donny J. He's gotta have some kinda idea. Big D, were gonna get Donny J up here an figure somethin out man. We won't give up on you."

While we waited for the others and I calmed a bit, I told Manny the whole story in detail.

"You gotta get off that shithole of a planet and we ain't goin no where till ya do." Manny said with solid conviction. I couldn't help but smile. As fucked up as everything was. There were still some who had my back. I heard a ding in the car.

"Aw, you gotta be fuckin kidding me."

"What is it D? What's goin on?" Manny sounded worried.

"Fuckin car's runnin outta gas. Dammit." Manny gave a loud laugh making me jump. I shook my head at my own irrational fears. Heero wouldn't have a clue where I was.

The car was chugging on it's last leg. I was cackling as I pulled into a gas station. Finally karma was paying me back for all the bullshit hands I'd been dealt in the past few weeks.

"Hey Lil Man, I gotta fill up. Hold on a minute."

"No prob. Big D. Donny J and Gabe just walked in. I'm gonna fill em in."

"Right on." I stepped out of the car and fell to my knees. My mouth opened in a silent scream. I pulled my feet in front of me to survey the damage. The adrenaline had long wore off and now I felt it. My feet were a bloody mess. I cringed as I pulled the glass that wasn't too deeply embedded out. I unwrapped my shirt from my hand and bandaged up my feet leaving just enough to cover the deep cut in my right hand. I limped over to the pump and filled up the car. I finished and hobbled as fast as I could to the drivers seat. The attendant was watching me like a hawk.

I spun the tires as I squealed from the lot. It ain't like it was the worst of my offenses. I already blew any chance I had of leaving this planet legally.

"Eh Donny J. Tell me you got some kinda idea." I heard a muffled argument from the box. "Wud up guys? Whatcha arguin about?"

"Shut up! It's all we got!" I heard Manny yell. I stayed quiet waiting for them to work it out. Hey it wasn't like I was in any kinda rush. I really didn't have anywhere to go.

"Okay Duo." Donny J let out a heavy sigh. "You gotta get on Zechs' ship." I stopped the car, pulled into an out of the way driveway, and turned it off. I rested my head on the wheel.

"You know how impossible that is. My feet got glass stuck in em, my right hands still bleedin, and my backs all cut up. There's no way I can get back in."

"I know D, but the only other thing we got is stealing a ship to L2 and tryin to get on one of the work barges to Mars and those ships don't leave but once a year. I don't think you got that kinda time."

"I got all the time in the world." I half laughed.

"Big D if you can fight a war, you can do this man. I got faith in you. Of all the places they expect ya to be. It won't be back there."

"Thanks Lil Man, but what if he's already gone or if he finds me..." I didn't feel a need to finish the sentence.

"Thas bullshit what he said. That motherfuckers gonna get my fuckin boot in his head when he gets back here. The fuck we know what were doin with your shit Big D. We're just hopin to God the shit don't break on us. Fuck that bitch ass mother..."

"Gabe, calm yourself love. We're trying to help Duo." Harry soothed. I reached under the wheel and clicked the wires together to get the engine purring.

"Right, I can do this shit." I sighed as I put the car in reverse. I had to do it, it didn't matter if I really could. I backed out and almost hit two motorcyclists. The two bikes just missed the bumper and skidded to turning stops. There's only five people I knew who could ride a bike with so much calculation and grace, I knew it wasn't Trowa, Quatre or me. I saw each of the riders pull a gun.

"Oh shit!" I yelled as I ducked slamming down the gas pedal. Shots buzzed through the car, windows cracked and popped, they were trying to fuckin kill me.

"Big D, What the fuck's goin on?"

"Fuckin Chang and Heero are shootin to kill!" The car skidded to the right as the right back tire was shot out.

"Fuck!" I screamed trying to keep the car on the road and dodge the continuing assault. The bikes were on the move again. I could hear the engines shifting as they closed in.

"I'm gonna fuckin die! I'm gonna fuckin die here!" I couldn't keep the hysterics from my voice.

"Big D you gotta get outta there man! You gotta make it back. We can't do this shit with out ya man. Come on Big D hang in there!" Manny's voice was cut out by a bike riding next to me. I dared a glance to see the gun pointed right at me.

"Shit I know that's Heero. He's gonna fuckin shoot me." I watched the gun kick in his hand. My right hand jumped from the wheel and I ducked to the right. The bullet ricochet off the wheel and grazed my left cheek.

"The crazy bastard is shootin at my hands. Fine you wanna play Yuy!" I yelled to him as the car swerved towards his bike. He hit the brakes quick enough I just missed his front wheel. I laughed like the mad man I was as I pushed the gas to the floor. I could hear the metal rim from the back tearing asphalt in my desperate flee for freedom.

Bullets were still spinning through the car, but I had given up on ducking along time ago. If they wanted me dead they'd a hit me by now. Of course if they were in a car I would've lost them by now, but no. Bastard's had to have fuckin motorcycles.

"Did you take any of em out yet D?" Manny's voice was as anxious as I was feeling.

"No, the fuckers are on crotch rockets. I can't even knock em off the road. If I stop they shoot the fuck outta the car." My voice was gruff with anger.

"You can make it Duo. I know you can love." I barely heard Harry as I saw Heero coming up on the side of me before he shot out the side mirror. I swerved to push him back. A loud bang filled the car and the thick brush on the side of the road was moving towards me faster than I could think.

"Fuck!" I yelled as the car hit the ditch and my face met the roof. The world was a blur of ceiling and seat. Pieces of dashboard flying in all directions. I caught the black box in the head a couple of times before I finally came to rest on the ceiling of the car. I groaned as I heard static filling the car with the slowing roll of tires giving a divine bass beat.

"Big..you...right...D!" Harry's voice was little more than a woman's horrified scream.

"Naw. No I ain't alright." I groaned to the skull breaking box as I rubbed where it hit me in the back of the head. I crawled out of the back window, since it was the closest one. Things started connecting. He got me again. Come up on the side, get me to swerve and take out the tire knowing I won't be able to hold control.

I heard the bikes come to a slowing stop by the wreckage. I forced myself up. I swayed there for a second and was back down. I laid on my back returning my gaze to the disappearing stars.

"Big D. What's going on man? Where are you?"

"Lil Man. I'm all caught up." I groaned. I reached my hand to the red planets dying glow in the sky. I tried to grab it thinking maybe if I was alone I could hold on to it. I opened my hand to see it fade in the morning light.

"You guys will always be home to me. No matter where I am, when I think of you guys, I'll be home."

"Don't say that shit D. Please man, don't give up." Gabe's voice fell into a whisper.

"Big D. It's our fault, we should have never left you there."

"It's alright Lil Man." I closed my eyes as I heard the two coming.

"Don't give up on us love." Harry could barley talk above his tears. "We won't let you stay there. You're everything to us and we all should have followed Gabe. We should have done something." Harry was barley understandable at the end.

"Just know I'll always have your back Big D."

"I know Lil Man. I just wish you had it now." I sighed knowing my fate was sealed as I opened my eyes to see Heero standing above me.

"Big D you know I'd..." Anything else Lil Man was going to say never reached my ears. Chang had the device and turned it off.

"Sup Yuy?" It's all I could think to say. Heero didn't reply just checked over my body making sure I was stable enough to move, no broken bones or internal bleeding. He pulled me to stand. I cringed as the glass dug it's way deeper into my feet making my knees give. Heero caught me setting me into a sitting position.

"Chang. Call Trowa and Quatre. Have them bring out a car and medical kits."

"Shouldn't we take him to the hospital?" Heero turned a death glare on Wufei. Wufei snorted and did as Heero instructed.

"You know I really think I should go to the hospital. I mean I did jump out a window, an rolled a car, an got cracked in the head with your gun, an..."

"You're lucky the public doesn't know what you've done. You're stupid and irrational Duo." Wufei was growling as he finished his task and walked towards us. "You have no idea what will happen when word of this gets out." My smile slid into a snarl as my eyes tried to blow Wufei's head into nonexistent pieces.

"For you to think I care anymore shows how much the past clouds your reality." Wufei took a threatening step closer. Heero nicked a piece of glass in my foot making my attention revert to him.

"You are the one trying to live in the past." Heero said in a complete computer emotion voice to my feet. My body started shaking and I couldn't stop it as I fell back laughing like a lunatic.

My laugh subsided as I lay in the ditch. The blood rushing to my head from the angle. At least it was empty without a ridiculous amount of booze. It made time pass so much quicker when my head was a hollow cavern.

I felt a light pull on my arms. I leaned up with the pull. Heero was crouched in front of me. I couldn't hear his words as the blood flowed through my ears to leave my head. He turned and pulled me up on his back. My arms rested on his shoulders as he grabbed my legs up giving me a piggy back ride towards the awaiting black van. It was a total date rape machine. It had that looming `I'm gonna steal your children and hack them to eatable pieces' feel to it.

I let out a lazy laugh as my head rested against Heero's neck. My eyes closed as I took a breathe in. He smelled like sweat and fading cologne with overtones of the musk that he carried with him. Something akin to raw sugarcane. A smell that was all his own. The way I was always able to tell where he'd been in a room. The sides of my lips were tugged upwards at the thoughts. I sighed deeply against the neck of his Preventers jacket.

I turned away from him trying to get in untainted air. I guess I had a knack at wishing for impossible things. I felt a wind blow up my back taking my braid to the air. It fell over Heero's shoulder to tap against his starched shirt. I felt him take in a deep breathe. I opened my eyes to see Quatre crouching in the open doors. Heero turned and let Quatre pull me into the van. For a mindless second I thought about holding onto Heero, only a mindless second.

"You guys going to take the bikes and meet us at Preventer's headquarters?" Quatre asked all the chipperness out of his voice. Heero nodded with a grunt as he closed the doors. His voice was quiet as the wind as he shut the doors.

"Maybe we all want to live in the past." I wasn't even sure if he'd actually said it, but I knew I wasn't hearin voices crazy, yet.

I looked at Quatre who I assumed hadn't heard since he was talking to Trowa. The back of the van was empty. There was only a soft carpet that cushioned the floor.

"Okay Duo. I want you to lay on you're back and just relax." I looked down at where he sat with my foot on his lap.

"Deep breathes right." I said as I stared to the black ceiling wishing I could be nothing with it. I didn't make a sound through it all nor did I flinch. The carpet was soaked with all the water from my body and my eyes watered like a bitch, but I held up. I let out a weak laugh as I looked down at my new gauze booties.

"Q, you always did have a way with fashion." Quatre gave a giggle before he went at my hand practically dousing it with peroxide. Now I totally screamed at that. Little bastard sneaking the shit up on me, not even tellin me he's doin it.

"Duo it's not that bad."

"Ha, lets trade places ya little ass lover." I heard Trowa give a little grunting laugh.

"Now I have to get your back so roll on your stomach."

"I ain't fallin for that one you sick freak." Trowa gave a couching chuckle at that one. Quatre looked at me horrified for a moment then to the front of the van.

"Are you laughing at that Trowa?" Quatre looked back at me. "He's laughing." mock horror attacked his features.

"Dude, it was kinda funny, if not true." Quatre rolled me to my stomach and bandaged up my back.

"Okay all finished. Is there anything else that hurts?" I sat up cocking my head to the side in thought.

"Other than this whole side of my face." I said hovering my hand around the area of my face Heero decided to take his aggression out on. Quatre's gaze went to the ground at the mention of the bruised area. I figured Heero or Fei must of said something. The mood in the van was descending like a flushing toilet, couldn't have that.

"Other than that the only thing that's killing me is where that stupid rabid box tried to break through my think ass scull." Quatre scurried behind me to check the injury.

"Is it here?"

"Ah! You bastard. What the hell are you thinkin? Don't fuckin touch it." I said slapping his hand.

"Well, you didn't point it out how was I suppose to know?"

"You're suppose to be the nurturing one. Come on mother hen. Heal me." The van filled with Quatre's true nature and his laughter as it slowed to a stop and Trowa put it in park.

"Wrap his head and lets get him upstairs. I'm sure the others are waiting" Quatre's laugh died to a frown and his shoulders fell in all his dismay.

"It's always nice to pretend, to play make-believe. The truth always finds you though." I said as Quatre tied off the head wrap.

Neither responded to my words. Guess they knew there was no way either could argue with it. My feet didn't hurt too bad in the 80 freakin yards Q wrapped my them in, but I was walkin all types of stupid. I was half surprised to see the place empty as we entered.

"Une got em all lookin for me or somethin?"

"Most yes, the others Heero got rid of." Trowa filled in.

"Higher up on the food chain than you guys?"

"Are you actually shocked?" I looked at Quatre and shrugged as we got in the elevator. In a way I was. I couldn't see that many people listening to Heero. Hell, if I couldn't, why would anyone else?

I hated the sterile monotony that was the Preventers world. I didn't even know what floor we were on. I didn't look at the number and floors three though 53 were exactly the damn same.

Trowa lead me to another confession room that looked like the last one I was in. Quatre sat me in the single chair while Trowa cuffed my hands to the chair. The real term for the room was questioning. Questioning my ass, they always got a confession out of every single ass that touched the chairs. It was my turn again.

The two left and I looked up in the mirror. I tried to bite down the smile. Holy fuck I looked like hell. My upper body was naked and smeared with dirt. My head wrapped in a white bandage, which only brought out the black that stretched along my cheek bone and surrounded my right eye. The purple iris seemed to float in a sea of blood. The white turned crimson from broken blood vessels.

I stared down to the booties and noticed a rip in the knee of my pants. I nodded my head in contentment. I fucken loved these pants. After all that only a rip in the knee. My gaze drifted back to the mirror. I was just trying to think of anything, but being here. I knew there was nothing good coming from this.

***Damn me to Hell***

D: I fucken hate you guys.

Q: why ?

D: you all have PDA's what the fuck is that shit and I don't get one.

H: duo it's because you're stupid and you'd break it.

D: nu-uh

HD: Yeah ya are stupid.

D: No you're stupid.

HD: no you are

D: nu-uh

HD: uh-hu

D: NUUU-UHH

HD: UHH-HUU

Z: Oh shut the fuck up

HD/D: dude you're a dick…

Z: and you two are stupid…

HD/D: Nu-uh

H: I'm ending this now…you're all welcome