InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ When Times Collide ❯ Return ( Chapter 6 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A/N: AHHHHHH! So sorry. I lost inspiration for a while and then found it. I had this chapter partially typed and then left it for a while. Then when I went to college, I realized my USB drive had somehow fucked up and I lost this story. So now after finally catching up (somewhat) in my homework, I'm getting this chapter written again. Hopefully nothing else will happen to it. So very sorry for the wait. Please don't desert me! ^___^
 
---mm---
Ptbear—Thanks for the review. I love reading everyone's comments.
 
Elemental_Dea—I hope so.
 
Angeltsuki—Eeeps. Sorry. I know, I know. This time I left for even longer. I got all boggled down and then had a bunch of technical crap.
 
---ff---
DeadlySakura15—I'm glad you like it! ^^
 
Anime goddess—Here's an update.
 
Fictionfan911—Thanks! That makes me happy.
 
Ptbear—All in due time.
 
Kinky-kitsune—I know. I'll get so confused! ^_^ But it's fun.
 
Dark Ice Kitsune—Yay! ::Runs away with your muses::
 
The Zuri Kitsune—Here ya go.
 
Hopelessly Hopeful—Hehe. Maybe I'll give em someone else.
 
Hey guys, I realize this chapter is VERY short, but I promise—really—that next chapter will be longer. I'm so sorry for how long it took for me to update, but I hope you can forgive me and continue to support this story.
 
Chapter 6: Return
 
Recap: Youko knows everything about Kagome's past from stories told to him by Shippou and the others. When Kagome tells the tale to Hiei and Youko, Youko notices that Kagome says Inuyasha and Sango were the ones to slay Naraku. He leaves this alone for now thinking that she doesn't want Hiei to know, but he realizes that she had to have come back to life somehow because she did die. Youko, Yusuke, and Hiei accompany Kagome back to the shrine when they find Inuyasha there! Kagome and Inuyasha share a kiss. “Kagome, who's he?” Yusuke asked just as Inuyasha declared, “Kagome, why are there three men with you?”
 
 
Youko grinned at his grandmother as she craned her neck to look at the others while still nestled in the hanyou's embrace. His kitsune nature jumped with glee at the thought of the show to ensue. Youko gazed with adoration at the two. `So this is the younger version of my grandfather…looks about the same.'
“Yusuke, Hiei, this is Inuyasha. Inuyasha, this is Yusuke and Hiei.” She gestured to each. The three guys glared at each other, sizing the other up. Kagome sweatdropped. It was Kouga and Inuyasha all over again but with three guys.
“Feh...you stay away from my bitch.”
Hiei was positively livid. He couldn't understand it, but for some reason, his demon refused to stop calling the wench his future mate. Hearing this half-breed refer to her as his just put the icing on the cake. His hand fell to his katana and faster than ever, he was standing beside Inuyasha, sword pressed against his neck and Kagome safely in his other arm. Kagome gasped and tried to clear her head from the sudden movement. She hadn't been moved that quickly since her training with Sesshomaru.
Yusuke, who had been just as peeved as his comrade, restrained himself and came forward, but before he could do anything, Youko had stepped forward.
“Careful there, Forbidden Child. You are treading on thin ice. Lower your weapon from my Grandpa or face the consequences. My earlier threat still stands.” Youko's expression had stiffened into a mask of blankness that rivaled Sesshomaru's.
Inuyasha growled and leaped back swiftly while Hiei was distracted. He hadn't fought against Sesshomaru's speed for all those years and not learned anything. `What the hell is this crazy kitsune talking about. I'm no grandpa to anyone. Kagome, what the hell have you been up to?'
Kagome finally roused from her frozen state and pushed away from Hiei. She stepped into the center of the staring/growling match, her aura sparking with annoyance. “Stop it. Inuyasha, these are my friends Hiei and Yusuke.” The two mentioned flinched minutely at being referred to as just friends, not noticing Kagome's slight blush—though a certain hanyou did notice.
An angry scowl settled on the hanyou's face as he observed the pink tingeing Kagome's cheeks and stared warily at her glowing pink aura. `At least she can't sit me anymore.' “You've got some explaining to do, Kagome.”
Just as she was about to respond, a sudden thought occurred to her. `If Inuyasha is here, then that means the well…' Kagome's eyes widened as she turned around and bounded toward the window. The four men in the room stood frozen in varying shades of astonishment. As she vanished from view, Inuyasha snapped back into reality. While Hiei and Youko had no previous ideas of her abilities and Yusuke had seen her take a similar leap safely, Inuyasha knew only the abilities of the Kagome he spent years carrying around and protecting. His heart churned as panic filled his system at the thought of losing her again. His feet barely touched the ground as he followed Kagome's path and landed in time to see her zipping towards the well house.
Yusuke, Hiei, and Youko tailed Inuyasha closely. Inuyasha had calmed down by now, already guessing her intent. Yoko and Hiei had also drawn the same conclusion. Yusuke, on the other hand, still didn't know about the well. It was his turn to panic. Who knew how deep a well could be?
“Kagome!” Yusuke grabbed onto her just as she began to fall…and lost balance. A bright light activated. Inuyasha calmly leaped into the well, and just as he was about to fall completely through, he felt a hand grab onto his clothing. The three fell through.
Kagome and Yusuke climbed out of the well. Tears built in her eyes as she absorbed the serenity of the Sengoku Jidai once again. “Kagome, what is all this?”
“Oh that's right, I never told you,” Kagome whispered softly, as if afraid that this image would shatter. “This is the Feudal Era, five hundred years in the past. This is where my other family lives. It's a long story.”
Just then, a loud voice called out in a near-hysterical tone. “KAGOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!” The round fuzz ball tore across the grass and launched himself at his mother. “Kaa-san! Is it really you?” Tears were falling rapidly from his emerald-colored eyes. Small paws clutched her neck as if she were a lifeline. His body shook with the emotions coursing through his body; he was so choked up that his nose didn't even sense the strangers now standing around Kagome along with Inuyasha.
“Shippou-chan…my son. I've missed you.” She hugged him close. Meanwhile, Hiei and Youko were stunned, for different reasons. Hiei was grumbling to himself over the fact that Kagome had a son, and Youko was just overjoyed at being able to see his father again—even if at this time his father was merely a child. Inuyasha just grinned as he took in the welcome sight. Yusuke was thoughtful. `I guess this is the son called Shippou that she mentioned. Now I understand. For some reason she thought she couldn't go through the well, which means she had been time traveling previously. I wonder if she's going to tell me what's happening. Does Koenma know about this? And what am I going to tell Keiko about Kagome, about all of this?'
“Come on guys. Let's go back to the village and I'll tell you everything.” Kagome grimaced slightly before she regained her composure. `Or I guess almost everything. I can't tell you that I'm a spirit detective yet. Though I can't understand why Koenma insisted on that.'
 
A/N: Thanks again. I will make the next chapter much longer and hopefully redeem myself.
Next Time: Shippou and Yoko formally meet. Kagome's tale is told once more…will they find out her secret? Please stay tuned.