InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mind Games ❯ deeper Deeper Dark ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]



Deeper, Deeper Dark
---------------------------------------


Mind Games Part four

--------------

Miroku cared the limp unconscious body of Inuyasha to a warm but shaded spot near a small river, the clear waters flowing over moss covered stones. A massive tree laid its branches over the edge of the water, the branches bent under their own weight so the green leaves brushed the surface of the water. Its canopy soared nearly a hundred feet upwards, the smallest branch wider then a man’s waist.

Inuyasha groaned softly, shifting slightly so the dark red pelt fell off his shoulders, revealing the once perfect tanned skin covered in dried blood and sweat. The wound on his shoulder looked worse than it really was, the edges already starting to heal.

He tore a large piece from his robes, dipping it into the cold, rushing waters before bring it back to Inuyasha. He flinched when it touched the still raw, torn edges of the wound; the skin had torn back so sheets of red muscle and nerves were exposed to the air.

He shifted slightly, as of trying to escape the pain. He had sent the others to search out Kagome; she would know what to do if things got a turn for the worst. The three small villages had already turned them away.

They would have nothing to do with a demon, especially a half breed. Not even other Inu would ever accept him, turning their backs on him as often as they would drive him off. No one, it seemed, wanted to have him around because of his mixed blood. He must have had a hard life, abandoned so young, having to fend for himself and betrayed by the ones he thought he could trust.

The young monk started to take pity on the unfortunate hanyou, gently brushing the long stands of hair from his eyes, the tension clearly etched in his face.

“Lets get you cleaned up,” he whispered to no one in particular.

Inuyasha either flinched or whimpered every time he touched him, even trying to pull away a few times before laying still as the cool water flowed over his hot damp skin, pulling the heat of the fever with it. The dried blood came of easily, but touching any of his still healing wounds drew out pained sounds. He squirmed under the gentle touch, his eyes still tightly shut as his breath came in shallow gasps, as if was reliving some kind of nightmare.

---------------

Inuyasha’s hair framed his head like a silver halo, resting on the great tree’s roots. The stars shook out the cool night air, gleaming in the inky black velvet sky, shimmering souls lost to the chaos of night and day.

Miroku never left the side of the semi-conscious hanyou.

The night air stirred the ancient tree, its massive limbs groaning like an arthritic old man, creating a canopy of shifting light and shadow over the pair. He reached over and stroked the silk soft hair, letting the strands fall between his fingers; each lone strand gleamed like silver in the pale moonlight. Even in this state he was a beautiful thing. It was hard to image anyone violating him, raping the hanyou. It hadn’t bee to hard to figure out what had transpired in the clearing, not after seeing his reaction to Sango, his mind came the to the concussion he dreaded the most. A slight anger welled in his breast, yet it had happened. Where was Kagome when he needed her the most? “Where was I...?” The thought crossed his mind upon a shadow.

He had been alone when it had happened. Inuyasha’s heart was a fragile thing, just barely healed after so many years.. now only to be shattered again by such a cruel act. Only Naraku could ever be behind such a thing, the dark creature hated the half breed more then anything and would do probably anything he could to severely hurt him. Inuyasha’s lips parted slightly, panting as some dark nightmare caressed his sleeping mind.

---------

He felt useless. Dirty. He had failed to protect every one else, worse yet, he had failed to protect himself from the unwanted menstruations of Kagura. He had been so helpless, unable to even break the simple rope that had bound him. He curled up, ignoring the protests from his wounds, a silent sob shaking his slender frame, his hair falling over his face as his ears drooped. No one could ever want a half breed, much less one that’s been violated like the way he had been. Slowly, he’d slipped further in to the dark void of despair, making no attempt to claw his way out of it.

He was weak——always would be. A worthless half breed, nothing more. A cold sensation spread through him, taking with it everything but the pain and sense of betrayal. Not even Kagome would ever want him; he was a fool to think she would even care about him in the first place.

He’d taken the worst of her abuse with barely a sound at times when she ran away like she always did. She always ran away to her time, leaving him behind like an after thought in the dust, forgetting him for weeks at a time even. Inuyasha would wait the whole time by the well, forgoing even food until it took a heavy toll on him. It was more than once he had passed out by the cold stony edge of the well waiting her return. But then.. could he blame her? No.. A lowly, disgusting hanyou like himself.. how could he..?

--------

“Inuyasha?” A hand gently fell on his side, feeling the sweat and heat from the shaking boy.

“Don’t…don’t….. touch …me,” he hissed through clenched teeth. He withdrew from the touch, pulling up the kimono as it slipped.

Miroku could see the self hate and fear in the golden eyes as he pulled away. It hurt to see him like that, the once bold and confident Inuyasha turned into this. His hand tightened around the staff as anger surged, no one had the right to do what they did to him. He gently reached over, encircling the quivering mass of bone and flesh, feeling him calm slightly as his own body pressed protectively into his. His cheek pressed into the back of Inuyasha’s shoulder, breathing deeply of the slightly musky sent.

A half cry, half sob was wrenched from Inuyasha’s lips, tears trickled down his cheeks and to the warm mossy ground below. “Why...?”

Miroku could only hold him. He had no answer he could give to the hanyou any more than he could answer the question himself. “I don’t know..I don’t know.” He whispered into his ear, running a free hand through the damp tangles of hair. Inuyasha slipped back into the dark nothing of deep sleep, his breathing slowly quieting as he went limp in his arms.


------------------


The hell is Kagome ? >< TBC