InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mind Games ❯ Darkest Before the Dawn ( Chapter 6 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
E-mail Wind_voayger@yahoo.com




Darkest Before the Dawn
------------------------------------------

Mind games part 6



Inuyasha focused his bleary sting eyes on the wavering light of the stars that poked through the stormy grey clouds between the powerful chilling gusts of ice and cold. He stopped feeling any pain as his body gave into the night, the winter taking the heat from his body and with it any pain.

The numbness spread up his shattered leg, eagerly gobbling up the heat and slide up his spine like cold snakes.

He stopped shivering as his body used up all its meager reserves, the metabolic furnace slowly shutting itself down as he started to give in.

She wasn’t coming.

His breath rattled in his chest, the broken edges of ribs grinding into each other as the snow mounted up. He coughed, his whole body shaking as thin strands of blood fell to the ice. He gasped for air, his eyes never leaving the wells surface. The sense of betrayal was heavier then the snow piling around him.

She wasn’t coming.

His eyes felt as if they were being pulled shut from the inside, his brain fogged by a deep need for sleep, one he would not wake up from. Only the wind moaned its lonely cold lullaby to the dying angel in the snow.

His ears didn’t move as his name was yelled above the wind driven snow. Nor did he stir as someone griped his shoulder and shook it.


-
Kagome flipped him over, ice clinging to his too still body, she pulled the leather gloves off, her hands going numb as the cold caressed the newly exposed flesh, he was cold to the touch.

“ Inuyasha !”

His ears didn’t even so much as twitch.

She buried her hand beneath all the snow and cloth, feeling his chest just barely move under her rapidly numbing hand. She pulled her hand back to see it gleam faintly with traces of fresh blood. He coughed violently under her, his chest heaving as a thin trail of crimson flowed over his blue tinged lips.

Dread seized her as her mind went into a panic, he was just clinging onto life. There was no telling how long he had been laying out in the snow.

Kagome managed to get her arms under his limp body and slowly drag him towards the wells opening. The village was too long a distance to half carry half drag the injured unconscious Inyuasha through the snow to. There was little choice other then to take him back home.

She struggled to move the weight of the hanyou the short distance to the well, stumbling the whole way. The thick icy crust broke under their weight, making it harder to move him.

His body almost jerked from her grasp as he fell under another fit of coughing. She held him tightly as he went limp, his breath rattling in his chest in the most disturbing way.

Hang on Inuyahsa, just hang on. She fought off the tears she could feel building in her eyes as she maneuvered them both over the edge. Please just hold on.


---------------------------------------------------------------


The air on the other side was heavy and thick in compression to the air to the feudal area. Inuyasha groaned softly as Kagome hauled him over the wells iced edges. The wide stepladder her brother had placed there a long while ago had just become a blessing. Without it she doubted she could have gotten Inuyasha out of the well with out any help. Now was not a good time for every one else to be off at the grocery store.

Even then she was sweating heavily in the cool air, slumping by the stone edge, Inuyasha laying next to her. She reached over and wearily ran a hand through the tangled mass of silver hair; his skin was still cold to her touch, at least his ears moved slightly at her touch.

Pale beams of light filtered though the old slates of the shrines roof, a few falling on his silver hair, making him seem more like a fallen angel who’s wings had been ripped off and flung to the earth then a half breed demon.

“ Inyuasha.” she whispered, running her fingers through his hair. An ear swiveled to catch her words but other then that he didn’t move. His chest barely rose under the shredded pelt, his skin was a mess of bruises and slashes, his left arm hung at an unnatural angle, something she had not noticed when she had pulled him out of the cold.

“ Inuasha, what happened to you.” she never really expected an answer back, only an ear moving to catch her words in the cold dry air of the shrine.

Her back complained as she stiffly rose, she had to get him inside, out of all this.

“ Inuyasha..?’

His ears, which had been fallowing her every word earlier, didn’t move, the soft torn flaps were lying limply. They didn’t move as she laid a numb hand on one.

“ Inuyasha?”

Nothing.

A sense of dread filled her, her hands where shaking as she pulled the stiff pelt aside, resting her hand on his chest. It was barley moving, the ribs painfully visible under his pale cold skin.

He’s so cold, Kagome with drew her hand. She tried to pick up him but a pained yelp stopped her, his clawed hands weakly grabbing the thin material of her jacket. His weight tugged at her arms, she gritted her teeth and tried to ignore it. Another more distressed yelp came from his throat.
She winced at the sound, a few tears fell form her eyes.

“ I’m sorry Inuyasha.”

Carefully cradling his limp broken body, she half stumbled and walked towards the house. His head rested against her shoulder, his breathing shallow and weak, a thin trial of crimson falling from his lips.

He groaned softly and shifted slightly as she managed to work the freezing door latch with the deeply unconscious hanyou in her arms.

-----------

He was aware of nothing but pain as it flooded his senses, dragging him along a sea of black razors that scarped the nerves raw. He groaned as the cold crept back into his body, making him painfully aware of the condition of his body. He shied away from the light, knowing it held more pain.

He moaned and tried to pull away, gripping at the edges of the soft sheets, his jaw clenched as his back arched slightly.

He could barley make out the words that floated in the air, like someone was speaking through water. He made out the simple painful words broken and has to be set. His mind spiraled downward, knowing what it meant.

The sudden sharp pain turned to a torrent of agony as the muscles in his shattered leg jerked. The broken edges ground against each other. A scream lodged in his throat as his back arched, he lost his fragile grip on consciousness and fell back into the dark comforting void of nothingness.

----

TBC




-----------------------------

Hell yess I’m eeevill