InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mind Games ❯ P12 ( Chapter 12 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
just a short one this time

-----------------------------------------------------------

Mind Games P 12



He forced his eyes open, his ears picking up the sounds of vioces coming from the genral direction of the kitchen, he tired to raise his head up but the nauseated feeling and his blurring vision forced him back down. The throbbing in his head hadn’t died down as he pulled the quilt around his battered body. At least by now the pain in his leg had faded to a dull ache that flared if he tired to move it.

His ears flikced toward the vioce he easly recognized as Kagomes, it sounded like she was talking on the telephone thing. Yet another of the modren wolrd gadgets he couldn’t understand much less get a good graps on. The modren wolrd was a major mystery to him.

He prefred the simplness of the fudal eara.

He let his eyes close, drifting off to a light sleep.

Something warm brushed over his bare chest, he tired to wake up enough to see what it was but he felt weak, as if parts fo his body were made of lead.A slight shiver of fear wormed its way into the soft warm cradle he laid in.

Kagome kneeled besides him, her cool fingers over his bare smooth chest, sliding below the cursed rosary. The dark beads clicked against one another as it was raised slightly.

How often did she loose her temper and used the subduing word tied to it. How often did she really hurt him with it, not just the time she threw his back out. He never uttered a word of pain after that, even if it was all in his eyes and she was just to blind to see it.

How much pain.

It was well past time to remove it, despite the slight weight in her hand, it must be a horrible burden for him to bear. A few tears fell from her eyes as they misted up, some of the many that had fallen over the last week. She had slept and eaten little, constantly at his side.

“ Leave …it…”

She nearly jumped out of her skin as his unbroken hand settled on hers weakly, her fingers on the rosary around his neck, his voice was all but a whisper in the pre dawn.

“ Inuyasha..”

“ What…. if I… turn in ….to a. demon again… and you…. can’t call me back…” his voice sounded so worn and tired, her hand was shaking as she brushed through the thick silky strands of silver, matted by sweat. She buried her face into his neack, her other hand entagled around the roasery as she cried on him.

Inuyasha groaned slightly, forcing his arm to move, draping over her shaking shoulders.

“ How… long..?”

“ Three days, you’ve been asleep for nearly three days.”

He shifted slightly as his empty stomach complained heartily, demanding to be feed for once.

“ I’m hungry..”

Kagome nearly laughed at the response, he was sounding more like the Inuyasha she knew, the bottomless pit that he called a stomach must be demanding food.

The dulled amber eyes were hidden under thick bangs clinging to his forehead, his arms wrapped around her in a gentle embrace, pulling her closer. He wished they could stay like this, he secretly wanted her warmth next to him for the longest time. But he would push her away, too afraid of having his barley healed heart broken again, till now.

Inuyasha was still exhausted and it showed, at least he wasn’t in pain. In the dark it had been hard to see the extent of his wounds, now in the early morning light she could make out only a few that still refused to heal, the rest had closed up in is deep sleep.

Inuyasha nuzzled her neck as she teased his ears, feeling the razor sharp canines just graze her skin. He pulled back enough to brush over her lips with his, his eyes holding something unreadable.

“ I love… you..”

She was too startled to react even as he pulled her into a passionate kiss, his tongue teasing her soft lips until they opened, giving him accesses.

Her hand came up to run through the thick silver locks, the three simple words she had been waiting for sunk into her sleep hazed brain.

He pressed their lips together, silencing the startled gasp as his nimble fingers slipped inside the confines of the simple robes.

She shuddered at the light touches over his skin, swallowing a moan as he pulled back.

Kagome almost begged him to continue, only seeing the tiredness in his eyes changed her mind. She reached up and stroked her fingers through the matted silvery hair, regretting the few times she had gotten a good hand full of it and yanked.

He was content to lay there with her closeness, her warmth driving off the icy chills of his memory of the white expanses of snow and ice. Inuyasha buried his head in her shoulder, holding her close as sleep slipped upon him again.

“ I love you so much..” if he heard her whispered words he gave no indication of it as he slipped further into the soothing darkness.


---------

TBC