InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mine ❯ Men spoil all the fun... ( Chapter 14 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha.
WARNING!! Adult content, not suitable for younger readers.

Chapter Fourteen: Men spoil all the fun...

Sango and Miroku followed Inuyasha on Kirara's back. Sango watched her friend's mutinous expression with an overwhelming sense of confusion. 'Did Kagome-chan really want to fight that demon? What made her transform again?' She went over the details of the times the miko had transformed into her hanyou form and frowned thoughtfully.

“What are you thinking of that causes such a dark look Sango?” Miroku asked.

“I'm trying to figure out what is causing these transformations in Kagome-chan...” Sango replied absently.

Kagome looked up to glare at her friend and barked. “I can hear you, you know. Who cares how it's happening, all I care about is that when I'm like this I can fight! And I would have mopped the floor with that creep back there if Inuyasha hadn't blundered into it!”

“You couldn't have beaten him,” Inuyasha growled. “Even in your hanyou form!”

“How would you know?!” She demanded in outrage.

“Because he was a yokai, obviously fairly old and probably born that way!” He yelled at her. “You don't even know how or when you're gonna take your hanyou form or how long it'll last. Besides, you can't even control the heightened instincts and emotions let alone know anything about fighting!”

“Keh.” She snorted. “I did just fine when I was helping you with Sesshomaru...”

“Yeah, helping-” He cut himself off and asked in a calmer tone. “Just where did you learn to fight like that anyways? I better not find out that you were fighting unprotected on the other side of the well...”

“As if!” She yelled furiously. “When I go back all I have time for is school and cramming for exams! Besides, my time is way safer than it is here, women don't need 'protectors' over there!”

He stopped and yanked her down in front of himself. “Is that right? I take it you already forgot what almost happened the last time you went back?!”

“Pfft.” She said. “Don't try to change the subject, baka...”

“Change the...” He growled and shook her a little. “I'm not changing the subject, that was the subject!”

She knocked his hands away and shoved as hard as she could against his chest. “Stop treating me like a fucking child!”

“Keh.” He snorted and picked her up setting off in the direction they had been traveling in before.
* * *

Shortly after sunset, he had stopped and let the others set up camp for the night, still grousing over Kagome's blasé attitude. “Why would you want to fight anyways? Don't you think I can keep you safe?”

She arched an eyebrow and bit out. “You weren't exactly there, baka. Besides I seriously doubt he was going to hurt me...”

“I smelled him and was already on my way. Did you transform before or after he showed up?” He demanded irritably.

“Before,” She snapped. “Not that it really matters.”

“So you were already,” He motioned to her current hanyou form. “Like this and you didn't scent him? If you couldn't even do that then how could you even hope to win a fight with him?!”

“First of all,” She shouted at him. “I did scent him! Second, I could have won because he didn't want to hurt me you moron!”

Inuyasha blinked in surprise. “And just what do you mean by that?”

She smiled sweetly, too sweetly. “I mean, that either he didn't notice or didn't care that I have a mate... he wanted me for himself. So I could have won the stupid fight with one arm tied behind my back!”

His eyes flashed to scarlet and he dragged her away from the camp.

“What do you think you're doing?! Put me down and take me back to the others!” She growled furiously.

He ignored her growls and continued on, deeper into the forest. Finally he stopped and set her down in front of him. “From now on, you don't go anywhere without me... Every time you go off on your own, on either side of the well, you manage to get yourself into trouble.” As soon as he finished his sentence he lowered his mouth to hers and gave her a hard kiss.
* * *

Miroku busied himself with getting settled in for the evening.

Sango stared after her friend with concern and finally grabbed the Hiraikotsu to follow.

“Sango,” Miroku began. “Do you really think it wise to follow them right now? Inuyasha seemed fairly upset and Kagome-sama is not her usual self either...”

“That's why I need to go make sure they're both okay.” She said firmly.

“I already told you guys that he isn't going to hurt Okaa-san.” Shippo poked his head back out of Kagome's large back pack long enough to say.

“It isn't just that,” The exterminator explained. “Kagome-chan isn't herself right now and with the transformation if Inuyasha isn't careful she could do serious harm to him since he wont hurt her.”

Miroku laughed. “Kagome-sama wouldn't hurt a fly, besides, Inuyasha is an unusually strong hanyou. I'm sure even if she 'sits' him a few times it wont to any real damage.”

She ignored all attempts to calm her nerves and set out after the couple. 'They don't get it... Under normal circumstances Kagome-chan wouldn't hurt Inuyasha, but these circumstances are far from normal. And in her altered state there is no way of knowing just how much control Kagome-chan has over her reactions!'
* * *

Kagome's head snapped up and she bit back her argument. Her ears flicked towards the sounds and she grunted. “Sango is on her way.”

“I already knew that!” He barked. “I knew that ten minutes ago! Now stop trying to brush this off Kagome, I'm serious....”

Her eyes narrowed and hid her expression. 'If nothing else we can play along for the protection of our child... He is strong enough to fight off aggressors while we make our escape.' A slow smile curved her lips. She leaned up and brushed a light kiss across his lips. “You'll do...”

Inuyasha started in surprise and looked down at her veiled expression. 'What does that mean? I'll do?! Wait- does that mean this other side of her is finally accepting me?' Elated, he lifted her against his chest and backtracked towards Sango. He smiled at the exterminator and asked. “What are you doing all the way out here Sango? Kagome and I were just on our way back when we heard you.”

She blinked slowly and studied them both intently. “Are you both alright? I wasn't sure if things might have gotten out of hand when you took off with Kagome-chan like that...”

“We're both fine, Sango-chan.” Kagome said softly, still wearing the same look she had worn when she kissed Inuyasha.

The exterminator frowned thoughtfully at her friend but nodded and walked back to camp with them. When they got there, she noted Miroku had moved closer to where she and Kirara were going to bed down for the night and her eyebrow twitched. “Houshi...”

Kagome chuckled and then yawned.

Inuyasha tucked her closer and leaped onto a tree branch above. He settled them in for the night and tucked her head under his chin before he closed his eyes.
* * *

A/N: Sorry this one is so short and that it took so long to get this chapter posted, internet connection problems are the bane of my existence. I hope you are still enjoying the story and feedback is always welcome. Please R&R! ^.^

slvrdragon
xoxgothic_angelxox@yahoo.com