InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Miroku & Kagome continued ❯ Realization ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Miroku ended up falling asleep there next to Kagome. The young miko, however, was unable to sleep. She couldn't help but think about what Miroku had said earlier. “It was odd that we happened to fall in love at the same time. A little too odd. Almost like someone planned for it to happen.” Kagome gasped and shook the monk. “Miroku! Wake up!” she hissed. Miroku yawned and opened his eyes. “What is it, Kagome? Is something the matter?” “Yes. I just realized why we fell in love at the same instant. I think that-” Kagome was cut off by the feeling of Miroku's hand caressing her ass. SLAP! “Pervert! I was trying to tell you something important! Now I know how Sango feels.” Miroku touched his hand to his cheek. “Thanks. I needed that. Woke me up, at least. I'm sorry, Kagome. What were you saying?” “I was saying, I think all of this is Naraku's doing.” “Naraku? What makes you say that?” “Think about it, Miroku. First of all, Inuyasha could have killed you after what we did together. Naraku would've loved that. Another thing is that Inuyasha, struck with grief, could've left our group to pursue Kikyo. Without Inuyasha, we would hardly be a match for Naraku.” “I see what you mean. Any bad outcome you could imagine would surely benefit Naraku in some way. Especially if…” A look of concern crossed the monk's face. “If what, Miroku?” “If the child inside you used its Wind Tunnel.” Kagome gasped. “That could happen?” “I'm afraid, Kagome. I never thought of that as a possibility until you mentioned it a few days earlier. I asked Hachi and he confirmed my suspicions.” Kagome face changed from a look of fear to determination. “Well, I guess that just means we have one more reason to kill Naraku.” Miroku smiled. “I agree. Now, come on, let's get some sleep.”
 
The next morning, Miroku awoke early and sat thinking about the miko beside him. “According to what I've been told and from what I've experienced, my Wind Tunnel grows larger each year. Hachi told me that, even as a mere baby, my Wind Tunnel was strong enough to suck my mother inside it. If my own child's curse is just as strong, if not stronger…” His thoughts trailed off. He looked to his lover, tears forming in his eyes. “Even if Naraku caused these feelings, I still love Kagome. I couldn't bear to lose her, not after all we've been through. I won't let her die because of me!” Miroku stood and, after kissing Kagome briefly on her cheek, he wiped away his tears and walked out the door. “Goodbye, my love,” he whispered as he wandered off into the night.
 
Miroku was running away from the large tentacles that pursued him. But the tentacles moved too quickly. They wrapped themselves around the monk as an evil cackle rang out. “Now, monk, prepare to become one with my body.” Kagome looked on in horror as the evil villain absorbed Miroku. “This is my only chance,” Miroku thought as he unwrapped the prayer beads from his right hand. “Wind Tunnel!” he called out. Naraku was sucked in from the inside, screaming in sheer agony. Unfortunately, it was too much for Miroku. He, too, was sucked up by his own curse. Kagome looked at the spot where her true love had vanished. “MIROKU!!!!!!!!”
 
Kagome awoke in a cold sweat. She turned over to see Miroku was gone. Had her dream been simply a dream, or was it an omen of things to come? Kagome raced outside. “Inuyasha! Sango! Miroku's gone!”