InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Miroku & Kagome continued ❯ Time to fight ( Chapter 6 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

“Are you sure you wish to do this, Master Miroku?” Hachi asked in his transformed. He had agreed, reluctantly, to take Miroku to Naraku's lair. “I've never been more sure, Hachi. I have to take down Naraku once and for all.” “But, Master Miroku, you have at least nine months before your child is born. The child can't possibly use its Wind Tunnel inside Kagome.” “I know that, Hachi, but I can't take any chances. I used my own Wind Tunnel seconds after my birth. What if my child's curse develops even sooner? That, my dear friend, is not a risk I'm willing to take.” The badger youkai sighed. (A/N: Is he a badger????) “ Of course not, Master Miroku.” Miroku looked ahead and spotted a dark aura off the horizon. “A change in the winds, Hachi. An evil presence is emanating off the horizon.” “That's because Naraku's lair is up ahead. He's been switching hideouts so frequently, it's difficult to keep track. But I'm positive that's where he is.” Miroku smirked and stared at his right hand, thoughts drifting to his love. “Naraku,” he thought, “tonight, you die.”
 
Kagome and the others were quickly approaching the large, glowing castle. “Is this where that bastard is, Myoga?” Inuyasha asked the flea on his shoulder. “That castle is Naraku's hideout, Master Inuyasha. He's been moving around quite often, but Hachi and I worked together to track him down. “I'll bet that's Hachi up there,” Sango said, pointing skyward. Above them, barely visible, was a creature, which resembled a baseball bat. (A/N: I don't know what he's supposed to be. I think he looks like a baseball bat.) Kagome felt tears forming as she called out, “Miroku!” Miroku looked down and saw his friends in hot pursuit. “No, Kagome. You should not be here. The battlefield is no place for a woman in your condition.” “I have to be with you, Miroku! I need to be sure you stay safe!” Miroku smiled and looked onward. He looked left to see Sango, astride Kirara, had also come along. “She cares about you so deeply, Miroku.” “It is because of Naraku. He put a spell upon us, making us become infatuated with one another.” Sango shook her head. “This isn't all Naraku's doing, Miroku. He may have caused your feelings to become stronger, but they've always been there. No one can simply make love happen. There has to be a feeling for it to come from.” Miroku looked into the taijya's eyes. “Perhaps you are right, Sango.” On the ground, Inuyasha looked over at Kagome. At the moment, she was pedaling her bicycle, not wishing to cling to Inuyasha's back in case she felt the urge to throw up. “Kagome?” “Yeah, Inuyasha?” “Kagome, I guess you've pretty much chosen that monk, am I right?” Kagome sighed, wondering just when the hell Inuyasha was gonna understand this. (A/N: Not til I tell him too, Kagome! Ha-ha!) “Inuyasha. You need to understand something about me. I'm horrible at making decisions. It took me forever to tell Hojo to back off and I still haven't told Kouga my feelings.” “You have feelings for that, wimpy wolf?!!” “Inuyasha, you baka, of course not! I mean I haven't told him that I don't like him the way he likes me!” “OH. Sorry, Kagome, go on.” “Anyway, I just need some time to sort out my feelings. This baby won't change anything between us, Inuyasha. I promise you that.” Inuyasha smiled, then looked ahead at Naraku's castle. “Time to take you down Naraku. For Kagome.”
 
As they reached the castle, a hoard of demons came forth to stop them. “Wind Scar!” “Hirakotsu!” With Inuyasha and Sango's combined attack, every single demon was destroyed. They stormed through the castle gates and found themselves facing Kagura. Kirara growled at the sight of her. “Well, well. Seems you've finally found us at last. About time you got here.” “Kagura. Tell us where Naraku is right now, you bitch,” Kagome yelled. “My, my. Such horrid language from such an innocent young girl. Ordinarily, I would never tell you that Naraku lies just beyond those doors, but since I doubt you'll make it past me alive…” “Enough talk! Iron Reaver Soul Stealer!” Kagura swiftly dodged the hanyou's claws and flicked open her fan. “Dance of Blades!” Inuyasha quickly dodged it and unsheathed his Tetsuiga. He swung the sword at Kagura, who dodged his attack yet again. “Dance of the Dragon!” Inuyasha jumped backward and, focusing on the central point where the winds met, called out, “Wind Scar!” The attack made its mark and sent Kagura flying. As she hit the wall, everyone raced into the room she had been guarding. Kagome paused briefly and helped Kagura up. “You? Why did you help me?” Kagome smiled. “I know you're only fighting us because Naraku holds your heart. Once he's gone, you'll be free and, hopefully, you'll fight with the right side this time.” Kagura stood in shock before saying quietly, “Go kick his ass.”