InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Miroku & Kagome continued ❯ Kouga's deal ( Chapter 8 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

“Are you sure Kouga is out this way, Kagome?” asked the young kitsune accompanying Kagome and Inuyasha. “Yea, Shippo. I can sense his two jewel shards.” “And I can smell that wimpy wolf's stench from here.” Shippo laughed as Kagome scolded the hanyou. “Inuyasha! Can't you be nice for once? I mean, we want Kouga to give us his shards, not beat you senseless.” “You actually think that wolf could beat me?” Suddenly, they spotted a large tornado heading their way. “You're about to get your answer,” Shippo noted, as Kouga the wolf youkai appeared before them. Swiftly, he ran up to Kagome and took her hands into his. “Kagome. It's been far too long. Are you finally ready to leave this mutt and be my woman?” Kagome smiled slightly and moved Kouga's hands. “Actually, Kouga, I came to see if we could have your jewel shards, you see,” she said, pulling out the jewel, “we defeated Naraku and got his shards. Now, we simply need yours.” Kouga thought this through for a moment. “I'll give you the shards, Kagome. If you agree to be my mate.” “She ain't agreein' to that, you wimp!” “You startin' a fight, mutt? Cause I can guarantee it'll be the last one you ever fight!” “You're on, wol1” As Inuyasha unsheathed Tetsuiga, Kagome shouted, “Sit!” THUD! Thinking quickly, she rushed over to Kouga. “Here's where those acting classes pay off.” “Oh, Kouga! I'll gladly be your mate. It's about time someone saved me from that rotten mutt. Come on, Shippo.” “I knew you'd come around eventually, Kagome.” Inuyasha stood just in time to watch Kouga run off with her to his cave. “Ka…Kagome?”
 
“Hope I can trick Kouga before Inuyasha shows up.” “Hey, Kagome,” Shippo whispered. “Yea?” “Do you want me to trick Kouga by transforming into you?” “No, Shippo, I don't think that'll work this time. I came of my own free will, remember? Besides, I already have a plan.” Shippo nodded as Kouga walked over. “Tonight is the night of the full moon, Kagome. Tonight, we will show our love for one another by mating outside beneath the moon.” Kagome's eyes went wide. This was not part of her plan! “Alright, my love,” she said coolly, “but first, I must dress your wounds. It seems you acquired a few scrapes while fighting with that mutt.” Shippo, catching her hint, used his fox magic to make cuts appear on Kouga's legs. “I guess I do. Alright, you can heal me, then we shall begin our mating ritual.” “Perfect.” Quickly, she started to put bandages on Kouga's legs. “I'm going to use my power to heal your cuts, so this may hurt a bit.” Hoping he wouldn't notice, Kagome reached into Kouga's left leg and extracted a jewel shard. She did the same with his right before pocketing the shards and putting the rest of the bandages on. Kouga started to walk and realized something was amiss. “Kagome, something's wrong. What happened to my shards?” “Uh-oh. Shippo?” “Right.” Quickly, Shippo transformed into a giant bubble and floated outside. Kagome ran out the entrance and landed on top of the kitsune. Kouga attempted to run after her, but found he was much too slow without his shards. “I'm sorry, Kouga!” she called. “I couldn't have been yours, anyway. The truth is… I'm pregnant.” “What?!!! With whose child?” “Miroku's!” “Kagome! First you flirt with that mutt and now you're carrying that pervert's child.” “Sorry, Kouga. Don't worry! You've still got Ayame!” As Kagome floated off, Kouga muttered something quietly and went back into the cave. Shippo lowered to the ground and Kagome jumped off. It was then that Inuyasha showed up. “Kagome! Are you really leaving me for wolf-boy?” Kagome sighed and showed him the two jewel shards. “Does that answer your question?” Relieved, Inuyasha watched as she fused the shards. “Only one more,” he said. “Yeah, and for Sango, it'll be the hardest shard we've ever gotten.”