InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Miroku & Kagome continued ❯ Sesshomaru's promise ( Chapter 10 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Only a few feet away in the woods, the lord of the western lands heard the two-tails cries. The smell of fresh blood and death reached his nose. “It's that boy, Kohaku. It seems he was killed for his jewel shard.” Rin gasped upon hearing this. “Is it true, Lord Sesshomaru? Is Kohaku really gone?” Sesshomaru looked down at his human charge. He bent down and looked into Rin's sad brown eyes. “What were your feelings toward this boy, Rin?” “I liked him very much, my lord. I cared for him as a brother, perhaps even more than that.” Sesshomaru sighed and began to walk onward. “Where are we going, Lord Sesshomaru?” the toad youkai, Jaken asked. “To help Rin.”
 
Sesshomaru walked into the clearing where Sango sat, still cradling her brother's body. Kirara's cries where silenced when Sesshomaru spoke. “You are one of the humans traveling with Inuyasha, are you not?” Sango looked up at the inu-youkai. “Yes. And he isn't here, either, so you can be on your way. Rin ran out of the woods to Sesshomaru and saw Kohaku's body, shoulder stained with blood. “Ko…Kohaku.” Rin stepped forward to get a better look. “How…why?” Tears fell down the young girls face. Sesshomaru stood next to her, hand reaching for his sword. Sango looked up and saw what he was doing. “If you are going to kill me, Sesshomaru, then do it quickly so that I may be with my brother once more.” Sesshomaru laughed quietly. “You stupid human. You will be with your brother, but not in death. You forget that Tokyjin is not the only sword I have in my possession.” Sango gasped as he pulled out a different sword, one of the three* created from his father's fang. “Tenseiga,” she said softly. “Correct,” the lord replied as he swiftly slashed the sword down the length of Kohaku's body. The young boy's body glowed a bright green and the wound on his shoulder healed. The blood vanished and Kohaku opened his eyes. “Sango? Rin? Am I…alive?” “Kohaku!” both females cried as the hugged the boy. “Please, if you do not stop squeezing me, I don't think I'll be alive much longer.” The two broke off, extremely happy to see Kohaku alive. “You did it, Lord Sesshomaru. You saved Kohaku!” “Thank you, Sesshomaru. How can I repay you?” Sesshomaru scoffed. “I did not do it for you, slayer. I did it for Rin. She wished to see the boy alive again, so I made it so. I made a promise to keep Rin happy and I shall never break that promise.” “Lord Sesshomaru, may Kohaku travel with us. It would be nice to have someone else to talk to besides Jaken.” Sango noticed Sesshomaru staring at her, as if waiting for an answer. She looked to the young girl, then to her brother. Meeting the lord's gaze, she nodded. “He may travel with us, Rin. Let us leave.” As they turned to go, he looked back at Sango, who seemed to have returned to a somber mood. “Slayer?” Sango looked up. “Please, call me Sango.” “Sango, then. You may come see your brother anytime you wish, as I'm sure he would want you to. That is, provided you don't bring my half- brother with you.” “Hai. I would love to see Kohaku. I doubt Inuyasha would want to come along anyway. Thank you again, Sesshomaru. I shall never forget this.” The demon lord walked away, Rin and Kohaku close behind. “You're welcome,” he called back silently. Sango smiled and turned back to Miroku and Shippo. “Come on, guys. Let's go find Inuyasha and Kagome and tell them what happened.” Miroku, stunned by what had just occurred, said, “I'm sure they won't believe it. In fact, I hardly do myself.” Sango laughed and bonked the monk playfully on the head as they headed off to the others.
 
“My brother did what?” Inuyasha asked, completely amazed by what Sango had told them. “He revived Kohaku. He said it was for Rin's benefit, but I don't think that was the only reason. By the way, here's the jewel shard, Kagome.” Kagome took the shard and muttered, “Sit.” THUD! “What the hell was that for?” “Nothing really. Just wanted to break you from your trance. Why is it so hard to believe that your brother did something nice?” Then, thinking of all the times she'd encountered Sesshomaru, she added, “On second thought, maybe it is a little hard to believe.” Inuyasha smiled in triumph. “So, are you going to add the shard now, Kagome?” Shippo asked. Kagome nodded. “Yep. Here it goes.” With that, Kagome took the shard and began to fuse it with the rest. A bright light surrounded them all as they stared at the now completed Shikon Jewel.
 
*--SPOILER ALERT!!!—If you haven't seen the third Inuyasha movie, don't read this. My friend and I saw some screen caps online and found out that there is a third sword created from the fang of Sesshomaru and Inuyasha's father. I forget the name, but it's supposed to be super-powerful. Just thought I'd let ya know. -Isha