InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Miroku & Kagome continued ❯ The choice ( Chapter 11 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Kagome held the completed jewel in her hands. “So, who gets the wish?” Shippo asked. Everyone looked at one another. Sango was first to speak. “Kohaku is alive now, so I don't need the wish.” “Yes, and, with my Wind Tunnel gone, I no longer need a wish, either, “ Miroku said. Kagome looked at Inuyasha. “Inuyasha, do you still want to wish to be a youkai? Because, I've told you before, I like you just the way you are.” Inuyasha looked at Kagome, then to the Shikon Jewel. “I do have a wish, but not that I was a full demon.” “Then what?” “I… I wish that you could stay in this era with us. You know, not go back and forth all the time.” Kagome gasped. “Inuyasha… I don't think I can do that. I mean, my family is back in the present. I can't just leave them. Besides, the wish must be pure and unselfish. You know that.” Kagome sighed. She really did want to stay with Inuyasha and her friends. But, what could she do? She couldn't think straight. “I think I should back to my family and see what they think. They do have a say in this.” Inuyasha jumps up and stands in front of the doorway. “You ain't goin' anywhere, wench.” “What… Inuyasha?” “I'm not gonna let you go out by yourself. There's gonna be a ton of demons goin' after the jewel and I don't want you getting hurt.” Kagome's eyes went wide- eyed. “Inuyasha…” Seeing the look in her eyes, he turned away, blushing. “Feh! Don't think like that, wench. I just… was thinking about the jewel, that's all.” Kagome saw he was still blushing. “Come on then. Let's go,” she said, climbing onto Inuyasha's back. “Don't forget to come back, Kagome, “Sango called out. “Yes, and, should the topic come up, you might want to mention our child,” Miroku added. Between the battle and collecting the shards, she had completely forgotten that she was with child. “Inuyasha, you might wanna slow down.” “Why?” “Cause, I think… I'm gonna be sick.”
 
After a brief bought with morning sickness, Inuyasha and Kagome leapt through the well to Kagome's time. Souta gasped as she saw the two emerge from the well shrine. “Mom! Grampa! Kagome's back and it looks like she brought Inuyasha!” Kagome entered the house and was greeted with a hug from her mother. Souta promptly began dragging Inuyasha up the stairs to his room. “Kagome! I was starting to wonder if you were ever coming home. And what's that in your hand?” Kagome opened her palm to show her mother the jewel. “It's the Shikon Jewel, Mom. It's finally whole again. And I get to make a wish on the jewel.” “Why that's wonderful, dear! What are you going to wish for?” “Well, that's why Inuyasha and I came back. Inuyasha wants me to stay in the Feudal Era with him and the others, but I told him I didn't want to leave you guys. What do you think I should do, Mom?” “Well, I don't think you should stay in the Feudal Era forever. I think you should stay here, with your family.” “But, Mom…” “No, buts, dear! I've made my decision. You are going to stay here where you belong. Now, go say goodbye to Inuyasha.” “Hai! I'll go.” Kagome trudged upstairs to find Inuyasha engrossed in an intense fighting game. “How the hell do I use his sword?” “Press up, down, A, B, then left.” “Damn!” “Uh, Inuyasha?” Inuyasha turned towards the door. “Oh, hey, Kagome. What did your Mom say?” Kagome wiped a few tears from her eyes as she spoke. “She… she said… I have to stay here. In my time.” Inuyasha jumped up. “What?!!! You… you can't stay here! You... belong in the past… with me.” Kagome looked up at Inuyasha, tears still falling down her cheeks. “I… know, Inuyasha. And… I wish I could change her mind. But… what she says goes. I have no choice. I'm so sorry.” Inuyasha walked over and embraced his miko. “Kagome. You… you know I can't live without you. I'll… I'll stay here with you… in your time.” Gently, Kagome shook her head. “You can't, Inuyasha. You don't belong here. Besides, everyone would miss you. Go back there. Tell the others I said goodbye.” “Kagome…” “Go. Before… before I change my mind.” Inuyasha sighed and walked out the door. “I'll miss you… Kagome.” “Wait! Inuyasha?” He turned back to the crying miko. “Yeah?” “Here. Take this,” she said, pressing the Shikon Jewel into his palm. “It belongs in your era, not mine. Use it well. Maybe you can wish for Shippo's father back. That'd make him happy.” Kagome managed to smile as she said this. Inuyasha gave her a kiss before leaving and going through the well, one last time.