InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Miroku & Kagome continued ❯ Wins and losses ( Chapter 14 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Glancing back briefly at Kagome's still form, Inuyasha bared his fangs and launched himself at Kikyo. Kikyo, arrow nocked and ready, fought back. Swiftly, she released the bow and pierced the demon Inuyasha's arms. Inuyasha was unfazed. In one quick movement, he pulled out the arrow and threw it to the ground. “Kikyo,” he snarled. The transformed hanyou slashed at Kikyo, his claws briefly making contact with her cheek. Blood began dripping down the miko's face. Kikyo stared at Inuyasha before pulling another arrow from her quiver. This time, she forgot about the bow completely and thrust the arrow into his stomach. Why she had not simply gone for his heart, Miroku did not know. Again, Inuyasha simply pulled out the arrow and tossed it aside. Kikyo shrieked loudly as she felt the hanyou's fangs sink into her neck. (A/N: Okay, now he just sounds like a vampire, right?) As he bit her neck, he grasped her shoulders, sinking his claws in deep. He released her and swiftly slashed her in the stomach. Again, the priestess cried out in pain. The blood now seeped through her kimono. It was at this time Kikyo realized she was done for. There would be no more second chances. No old witch to revive her. The miko cringed as Inuyasha delivered the fatal blow, his claws raking across her chest. She now collapsed to the ground, loss of blood weakening her. She found it hard to keep her eyes open. Inuyasha stepped away, leaving her to perish.
As conflicting emotions filled him, Inuyasha tried to fight back his demon blood. He knelt down near Kagome as Kikyo and Miroku looked on. “Ka—go—me,” he managed to utter. Still fighting back his inner youkai, Inuyasha put Kagome's head in his lap and began stroking her hair. “I--- lo---ve ---you,” he said in broken speech. Kikyo gasped. “Even in his youkai state, rage filling him, he still thinks of her. No matter what I do, I cannot beat my reincarnation. I cannot win, even with her on the verge of death, he still consoles her, still shows his feelings for her. I must admit defeat. I have lost, Kagome. You've one his heart.” Kikyo looked down from the hanyou to Kagome. She noticed that Kagome's aura was slowly fading away. “So, she is still holding on, clinging to this world. Just as I have been doing. I have just enough life left in me to revive her. One of us should be there for Inuyasha. I believe you have earned that right, Kagome.” Summoning the last of her miko power, Kikyo extracted her own soul and thrust into Kagome's body. Just before Kikyo closed her eyes for the last time, she saw Kagome's chest rise and fall. “Be good to him, Kagome. For me.”
Slowly, Kagome opened her eyes. “Inu…yasha?” Inuyasha blinked, his youkai blood now settled. “Kagome? Kagome!” Inuyasha embraced Kagome, hardly believing this moment was real. “I thought I'd lost you, Kagome? That you were gone forever.” Kagome, tears falling freely from her eyes, nodded. “I know. I was gone, Inuyasha. Kikyo gave up her life. I could hear her thoughts. She told me that I won, that I deserved to live. She pushed her soul into me. Her last thought, or at least, the last one I heard, was to me. She told me… to be good to you, for her.” Watching this touching moment, Miroku smiled. Slowly, he turned and walked back into the hut. “Hey, Inuyasha?” Inuyasha looked up at the monk. “Yeah?” “You win.”