InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mistaken Betrayal ❯ New Jewel ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
A/N: Konnichi-wa minna! Back again! Still haven’t had the min amount of reviews, but I know how it feels to read a fic and not have it end so…I decided I’ll keep posting even if I don’t get enough reviews.
Reviews:
green_blue_eyed_yuna--Thanks for reviewing! Here ya go! ^___^

mackenzie--Thanks so much for reviewing! ^__^ No I don't think I've read the story Fireworks, but I'll see if I can check it out.

Part Three: New Jewel
Clouds loomed over the unhappy group, as if knowing their sadness. Darkness began to fall, and the group began to retreat into the hut in hopes of shelter from the rain soon to come. Up in the trees, a single figure was seen, lingering outside, clutching a small notebook to his chest. The red clad figure leapt from the high branches and disappeared into the night. His lithe body stealthily moved in the darkness to a cave not far from the village.
Inuyasha dashed into the cave and quickly built a small fire. Slipping the small notebook from his haori (He put it there as he ran to keep it from being damaged.), he opened it with care and sniffed deeply. The small treasure held Kagome’s calming scent. He opened the pages and skimmed through, his eyes catching snippets of Kagome’s words.

Kagome’s Diary: Today’s my sixteenth birthday!…pulled through the well…saw a GEORGOUS man pinned to a tree…Kikyou…Kaede…I freed him…tried to kill me…rosary…broke the jewel…met a hentai houshi named Miroku…found an orphaned kitsune named Shippou. He’s so adorable. He’s like a son to me…met my best friend Sango, a taiji-ya and Kirara, a fire cat…Kouga…I saw Inuyasha and Kikyou together today…I hurt…Why?

Inuyasha’s eyes snagged onto a later entry.
I hate it when I see them together. I know I’m only his tama detector, but I can’t help hoping. I love him. Kami I do. My heart breaks each time I see him with Kikyou. I know he loves her and will probably take her as his mate even though she is not real. Sometimes I wish I were Kikyou. I would die in peaceful bliss to feel his love as she does just once. To feel his lips carressing mine. When the shikon-no-tama is whole again, I will have no excuse to stay, and he will want me to go. I don’t think I can ever love another once I return to the modern era. Both my era and the Sengoku Jidai Era are my home.
I made the cheerleading squad! Only downside is that Hojo is there and he insists on following me around and being the one to catch me! I wish I could be Inuyasha’s arms for eternity.

Inuyasha closed the little book and hugged it to himself. Tears ran down his cheeks as he thought of the words in Kagome’s diary. Lifting his head, he found that it had begun to pour outside. He decided to stay in the cave for the night and go after Kagome in the morning.

At the well.
Rain fell in torrents upon the forest. A pink ball glowed brightly, a dome of dry air forming around the well.

Modern Era.
“Mom, I’m fine. I’m just tired, that’s all.” Kagome retreated from the examining eyes of her mother. Once in her bedroom, she sighed heavily. ‘I have to go back. Shippou needs me. The jewel isn’t completed yet. Miroku’s curse still lives on, and Sango needs her revenge on Naraku. Kohaku’s still living and yet not. Naraku. Inuyasha doesn’t need me. He has Kikyou to find the shards and…be by his side. This is just between me and Inuyasha. I can’t take it out on Shippou and the rest of the gang.’ Kagome quickly packed a bag (Not her yellow one because it’s still in Sengoku Jidai.) and left a note for her mother. Dashing to the well house, she suddenly remembered something. She no longer had the jewel to transport herself with. She fell sullenly to the side of the well. Gathering her bag, she jumped into the well, hoping that it would allow her through somehow. When she jumped in, the light that enveloped her was not the regular blue, but a silver pink.

Looking up, she saw a large shimmering ball and gasped. The shikon-no-tama! She struggled out of the well and turned to face the glimmering ball. Reaching out, she grasped it in her hand. It was solid. She didn’t notice that she was surrounded by a bubble of dry air. She looked at the ball and noticed that it was a slightly different hue than the original jewel. The jewel’s light dimmed until it was no longer throwing out light over the darkened forest. Clutching the kokoro (Soul) jewel to her, she ran for the village. (She doesn’t know that her tears caused the formation of this powerful jewel.) She rushed into Kaede’s hut.
Shippou looked up and flung himself into Kagome’s arms. “Kagome! You’re back! I missed you so much! I thought you weren’t returning! Wahh!” Shippou sobbed to her arms as she patted his back comfortingly. Miroku and Sango gaped at Kagome. Although it was pouring outside, Kagome was as dry as ever.

A/N: Sorry it's so short. O_o'