InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Moonlight through the Broken Ice ❯ Chapter 7 shiro of the western lord ( Chapter 7 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Sesshou: (glares at MS) Bitch, what took you so long to write this next chapter?
Inu-chan: (plops down near MS on her usual seat in front of the PC) Hey, give the wench a break. She's trying to finish two fanfics and an original story, it ain't easy. She even finished her messed up one-shot, Different Worlds, in a span of one week.
Moonlight Scion: (stares in shock at Inu) Did I just heard you said something in my defense? My, my, my, Inu-chan. I didn't know you had it in you. (looked at Sesshou) I already finished most of the chapters okay, just didn't have time to post it. I'm running on prepaid here, that, and my computer is crashing down on me every hour…sheesh, and it's a miracle its still working as it is.
Inu-chan: Feh, It doesn't matter to me if you continue this fanfic or not, you made me look pathetic in this fic anyway, you stupid bitch!
Sesshou: (smirks when he saw MS's look) you should have just shut your mouth, stupid hanyou.
MS: (pulled out a CD and put it on the player. Kagome's voice floats in the air as the CD was played) SIT! SIT! SIT! . . . . .
Inu-chan: _ *thud* *thud* *thud*. . . . . (a crater was formed under him and gets deeper from every 'sit')
MS: That will do. . . and of course, as always, still not mine. .. Sesshoumaru and all…
OoOoO
"How about Inuyasha?" she asked.
"This Sesshomaru believes the hanyou's body will be taken care of by the taijia and the houshi. About your indecent clothing, I discarded them since they were covered with blood and so is your body. This one does not wish for my young ward to see anyone in such a condition." He said knowing that the question about her naked state would come next.
Kagome blushed from both embarrassment and anger once she heard the word indecent and the thought of her being naked in front of him makes her wish to have a set of prayer beads to put on the taiyoukai's neck and sit him to hell. Honestly, how many more from Sengoku Jidai will see her naked? But it all vanished when the thought of him doing all those for the sake of a child, a human child, makes her feel a little at ease with the taiyoukai. She murmured her thanks to Sesshomaru.
Sesshomaru looked at her for only a second but didn't answer. A few minutes pass before he speaks again. "We are here. . ."
OoOoO
Chapter 7
(o) Shiro of the western land
 
They finally arrive at a cliff on a great mountain of the vast heritage of the western lands.
 
At first, all Kagome could see was fog and nothing more. There was the comforting scent of sakura and pine trees clinging in the air. It was calming her taut nerves.
 
Sesshomaru still carries her in his arms. The fog parted in front of them that acted as a barrier, revealing an unbreakable fortress. It stood proud over the vast mountain of the western lands surrounded by strong, huge stone walls, spreading and enclosing such a vast area and beyond. The gigantic gate is adorned with figures of great dog-demons curved out of sturdy kind of mineral rock and the center where the gate meets was a huge crescent moon shape, much like on Sesshomaru's forehead. It was designed with silver as its border and blue demonic crystals fill its center. She could feel some youkai emanating from the blue stones when they land safely on the ground next to the gate.
 
"I don't think this place could be invaded by anyone at all. It even looks hard to breakthrough." She murmured to herself.
 
"Indeed," Was his only answer with a flash of pride in his eyes, looking at the dumbfounded miko in his arms.
 
"Your arrogance is on another level all of its own, really." She says a bit irritated and shakes her head when she saw the taiyoukai simply arc an eyebrow at her.
 
The two bull-youkai opened the gate for them and bowed low as they pass. The two guards never speak a word nor ask about the human, for such an action could cost them their lives.
 
Kagome was beyond awed by what she saw outside the shiro, but it was nothing compared to the overwhelming sight that lay in front of her when they entered. The main dwelling was made of hard rock wall teeming with old magic, creating an aura mystifying, intriguing and soothing in an eerie kind of way. Somehow just looking at it gave her the feeling of waves of energy passing through her, as if assessing her abilities.
 
A huge balcony is strategically located on the highest area of the main dwelling, overlooking a well-kept garden of flowers and beyond that is the view of the vast heritage of the western lands.
 
Other areas and quarters within the rock walls that surround the taiyoukai's vast domain are interconnected by covered pathways, leading to all different directions.
 
Throughout her musing of her new surroundings, Sesshomaru just stared at her, bewildered and amused at her reactions. He could see her eyes sparkle and her heartbeat pick up speed. She is awestricken by the breathtaking sight he could tell, and this felt good to his pride.
 
He carried her straight to the main dwelling made of smooth rock; upon entering a magnificent staircase that split into two halfway to the top caught her attention. They lead to the west wing and the east wing of the shiro. Each wing has another passage leading to the North and the South wing.
 
Sesshomaru took her all the way to the west wing, a servant appeared and followed them, even without uttering a word and entered a huge door which was beautifully adorned with carved figures. Upon entering, everything seemed to be more confusing for Kagome. The halls that they were passing through all looked the same to her, even the doors have the same intricate patterns designed with gold colors and silver, sometimes with those same colored-stones she saw at the gate, now she actually thinks that they are not in the shiro anymore but rather in a labyrinth.
 
Then Sesshomaru stopped in front of one of the doors and the servant opened it for them as if by silent command from her lord.
 
The servant is a lower-class kitsune with orange-brown hair braided down to her ankles. She has sakura-colored eyes with black slits in the middle. She looks like she's about the same age as Kagome though it was actually a hundred years more in youkai age, her tail that has the same color as her hair is placed over her shoulder and wraps across her body forming a sash. She was wearing a plain brown kimono and white obi.
 
Sesshomaru put her down gently on the western-style bed. He acquired it from a foreign youkai lord once as a gift and asked his builders to create more of it for all the bedchambers within the main dwelling. He faced the servant, as the kitsune bowed low.
 
"Look after the miko's needs." With that said he walks out of the room and went straight to the castle's onsen. Taking off his wet and bloodied inner haori and hakama, and then detaching his mokomoko once more before taking a dip into the hot water. He spread his youkai to inform his steward of his arrival. He knew he won't need to order Jaken to prepare his needs after his bath. He could feel some of his servants scatter to prepare his clothes. But he would still need him for other matters.
 
"Jaken."
 
"Hai, Sesshomaru-sama. What can this lowly servant do for you my lord?" Jaken squawked as he bowed low.
 
"Send some servants to retrieve my armor in the forest near the onsen." He answered as he closed his eyes, feeling his shoulders relax under the heat of the water around him. He needed to get his armor back; after all, he wouldn't allow any low-life youkai to place their filthy claws on his armor except for his trusted retainer, especially if it has his family's youki infused with it. It will only lead to bloodshed, and a painful death for the poor youkai.
OoOoO
 
Kagome loosened the haori around her so she could move freely and hold the Tetsusaiga over her lap. The servant walked towards the closet and pulled out a kimono, an obi and a pair of slippers and put it on the bed.
 
"Anou… what's your name?" Kagome asked the servant.
 
"I am Aya, Miko-sama." the servant answered, bowing low.
 
"Will you please just call me by my name? Just call me Kagome. Ka-go-me. Understand?"
 
"Forgive me, Kagome-sama, but it is not possible. If I call you by your name, I would surely be punished. Showing disrespect to Sesshomaru-sama's guest will cost us our lives."
 
Kagome just stared at Aya for a while before she sighed. "Fine. Call me what you must. I wouldn't want you dead just because of my request."
 
"Arigatou, Kagome-sama, for understanding this poor servant," Aya said before straightening again.
 
"Ummm. . . Aya. Will you please show me where I could take a bath?"
 
"Of course, Kagome-sama there are onsens around the next hall. Is there anything else you want?"
 
"Well, anything to wear will be nice. I don't think I could go out of the room looking like this." Kagome said as she looked at herself still covered by the oversized haori.
 
Aya smiled at her as she pulled out a plain white yukata from the closet. "Will this do, Kagome-sama?"
 
Kagome nodded and smiled as she cheerfully said her thanks. Aya helped her in preparing herself when she noticed that the servant suddenly stood there unmoving as if in a trance. When it was over, Aya looked back at her.
 
"What happened? Are you okay?" Kagome asked her concern lacing in each word.
 
Aya smiled again at her. "Hai, Kagome-sama there is nothing wrong. But I cannot accompany you towards the onsen. Sesshomaru-sama ordered me to prepare your things. I must look for the royal seamstress for your clothes and other important matters. Forgive me, miko-sama. I will ask another servant to assist you in my absence."
 
Kagome smiled back. "Don't worry. It's okay. Just tell me where it is and I'll find it myself."
 
Aya hesitated before she complies. "If that is what you want Kagome-sama. You just have to turn right then left, then down the sloping corridor. Just go forward; there are onsens at the end of the hall. I will take my leave now, miko-sama." Aya said.
 
"Right, then left, down and forward, that should be easy. Okay then, thanks . . . oh and by the way, how did he order you if he's not even around?"
 
"Sesshomaru-sama is a very powerful taiyoukai. He has mastered the art of spells with his youkai. He can order us if we are within the reach of his mind." Giving Kagome an unbelieving look that she would need to question her lord's ability.
 
"Oh, okay. Thanks again, Aya-chan!"
 
Aya was surprised by the name but just smiled back at Kagome. She bowed low before leaving the room. Kagome gathered the clothes that were left for her to wear. She steps outside the room and mentally repeats the direction towards the onsen.
 
Aya was now half-way towards her destination when she felt uncomfortable. "I knew I forgot something important, but what is it? There is something I should remember. . ." she kept mumbling to herself as she uses her youkai speed.
OoOoO
 
"Now what?" Kagome asked to herself as she stood at the end of the hall. There are three doors; one on each wall. She's now facing the largest door in the center wall. "Aya didn't tell me which door is the onsen."
OoOoO
 
"Now I remember what is wrong. I just hope Sesshomaru-sama's not using HIS west wings' onsen, just in case Kagome-sama chooses the wrong door. I should have warned her not to use the main onsen; this is going to be trouble." Aya told herself nervously.
 
OoOoO
Kagome opened the largest door and peeked inside the huge chamber. She was amazed at the beautiful flowers that covered the whole wall. The ceiling was enchanting as it shows the sky and even the clouds as it moves slowly by a light wind, and the evening stars are starting to make themselves visible. She stepped inside the chamber and closed the door gently, still looking at her surroundings. She felt the soft grass under her feet and saw the flat white marbles that forms the pathway leading to the magnificent onsen. The crystal clear water was flowing out from beneath the boulder where a huge dog statue stood. It was made of white marble. The blue crescent moon on its forehead was gleaming from the soft light; the spring water flowing down to the hot spring formed a water fall.
 
Kagome put her kimono on a huge flat stone near the spring and took off her silk robe as she dips into the warm water.
 
Her tensed body relaxes from the comforting onsen. She noticed the wounds and bruises that covered her body healed faster than she could have ever imagined, until all that's left are pinkish lines from where the wounds were before.
 
"Come to think of it, I don't feel sore at all." She said to herself. As she relaxes on a corner of the onsen and closed her eyes.
 
OoOoO
"Little miko.  . . You are a very intriguing human. This one cannot believe that this kind of reaction in me is even possible with just the mere proximity to her." Sesshomaru said to himself while he was taking his bath. He walks towards the waterfall and stood under it, feeling the pouring water as it washes his long silvery-white mane. He walks through the waterfall and into the dimly lighted cave behind it. There was a huge portrait of a beautiful demoness and a young demon that looks like Sesshomaru inside the cave. He looks at the face of the demoness in the portrait.
 
"Hahaue…" he murmured as memories of his childhood come back to him.
 
The west wing's main hot spring is one of his late mother's favorite places in the shiro, second only to the Sakura garden. It was his only sanctuary within the main dwelling ever since his childhood and after his mother's death, he never allowed anyone to enter the huge chamber.
 
He was snapped back into reality when he felt someone open the onsen's door.
 
His eyes narrowed dangerously. 'Hmm. . . . Someone dares to invade this one's privacy. . .' He caught the comforting scent in the air. 'So, the foolish human decided to join me in my bath.' He smirks but only for a moment as it turns into a frown when he caught another scent within her. 'The miko is in heat. . Her blood must have covered her scent earlier.' he muttered under his breath.
 
He went out of the cave and into the onsen. He saw her in a corner of the spring leaning against the flat surface of the marble. Her eyes closed, a little smile touching her lips from the comfort of the hot spring, her black hair cascading over her bare shoulder and floats over the water around her. The sight of her was delightful scene that could bring out the raging animal instincts of Sesshomaru.
OoOoO
 
Kagome felt the tingling sensation at the nape of her neck. Then, she abruptly opened her eyes when she heard a low growl right in front of her.
 
The sight of the magnificent taiyoukai standing in front of her in all his glory, glaring at her with his golden eyes now rimmed with crimson red and tinted with something that looks like - lust.
 
Her eyes grew wide, as her face turns bright red when she realized that they were both naked. Her brain freezes into a halt, she couldn't think of anything as she stared at him.
 
"Miko, you just put yourself into a perilous situation. . ." he said as a low growl vibrated from his broad chest and smirked as her scent became much stronger because of her fear making him lose more of the little control he had left in him to restrain himself.
OoOoO
Thanks to the amazing CASEDEPUTY for beta-ing this piece.
OoOoO
Kagome: (enters the room) Hey, MS-chan! I have a - (stops and looked at the crater that was formed exactly like Inuyasha when he was sat. It's now about six feet deep.)
Moonlight Scion: (turns off the player) Hi Kagome-chan! The record works perfectly, ne?
Kagome: (kneels beside the crater) Yeah, I can see what you mean. Oi, Inuyasha!. . . (she called inside the crater, her echo came back along with muttered curses from the hanyou)
MS: (smiles as she munch on some pocky) This is sooooo addicting. . . anyway, please read and review!