InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Moonlight through the Broken Ice ❯ Changes ( Chapter 8 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

MS: (pissed-mode) have anyone of you seen my lap-top. I'm supposed to post the new chap today.
Shippou: (enters with a large bump on the head) I've seen it. Inuyasha took it up in the attic. He was laughing like crazy (shivers). . . scaaaaarrrry. . .
MS: (dashes towards the attic) thanks Shippou-chan. Please do the disclaimer for me, thankies!
Shippou: I don't have to. . . they already know! There's just no way you'll own us…
OoOoO
Kagome felt the tingling sensation at the nape of her neck. Then, she abruptly opened her eyes when she heard a low growl right in front of her.
The sight of the magnificent taiyoukai standing in front of her in all his glory, glaring at her with his golden eyes now rimmed with crimson red and tinted with something that looks like - lust.
Her eyes grew wide, as her face turns bright red when she realized that they were both naked. Her brain freezes into a halt, she couldn't think of anything as she stared at him.
"Miko, you just put yourself into a perilous situation. . ." he said as a low growl vibrated from his broad chest and smirked as her scent became much stronger because of her fear making him lose more of the little control he had left in him to restrain himself.
OoOoO
Chapter 8
CHANGES
 
Kagome felt her miko alarms go up to red alert, flashing and screaming at the back of her head. She knew she was not just seeing things and knew exactly what Sesshomaru wants. Kagome couldn't even believe that Sesshomaru would be like this. All she could remember of him was the taiyoukai who wants the Tetsusaiga and always ends up fighting against her friends; although he did save her life a couple of times now, this is still Sesshomaru, the taiyoukai who WANTS HER DEAD and not just plain WANTS HER!
 
Just as her self-preservation kicks in, she moves to her side only to be stopped and pinned back to the slanted marble in the corner of the hot spring. For a moment Kagome struggled violently but vainly to escape. Then she was helpless, as Sesshomaru leaned closer to her until his weight crushed her, knocking the breath from her body as she heard his voice, as if from a distance, harsh and hard: "You really are a fighter, miko." He smirks. "Let us see how you fight this!"
 
Kagome lay there beneath him, wide-eyed as his lips came down on hers with a savage intensity. She was gasping, fighting for breath; she felt the well-toned body against hers, the power and heat radiating from him, washing over her like waves, his youki overwhelming her reiki inside her.
 
Sesshomaru let go of her swollen lips to let her breath. His golden eyes glazed with lust, his instinct to fulfill his desires for a release overtaking his control over his body and mind, as he stared at the still wide-eyed woman-child. 'A woman-child' he smirk 'a child's face, yes . . . but the body of . . . a blooming woman' he thought as his eyes assessed her nakedness visible through the crystal clear water.
 
Kagome tried to talk her way out, pleading for him to snap out of it. "Se-Sesshomaru-sama, I'm a human, remember? You hate humans, we stink and . . . . and you don't really want me, right?" She said her voice a little shaky. 'Oh Kami! Please stop. I don't want to lose the last thing I've got this way, not to you . . . oh please stop!'
 
Sesshomaru only smirks at her excuse, before he answered. "Indeed. . . I hate humans and they stink . . . but you are an exemption. You smell nice . . . for a human . . . and I believe this should be enough to convince you that I do want you. . . He said as he pressed his lower body closer to her.
 
Her body stiffened when she felt something long, hard, hot and pulsating, pressed against her thigh. Her mind starts going frantic. 'Oh my god, oh my god, it's big, it's BIG. . . '
 
His clawed fingers were in her hair while his other hand held both of hers above her head; she knew she was utterly helpless. Of all the battles and dangerous situations she faced, this moment for her gives the most frightening sensation she had ever experienced in her life.
 
Sesshomaru watched her face become pale because of her fear and savored her intoxicating scent. He kissed her again, lightly nibbling at her lips.
 
Kagome felt a tug in her heart. How she wished for Inuyasha to jump in any moment now to save her, but she knew it was impossible. . . 'He's dead . . . and I'm gonna be raped . . . oh Inuyasha, I'd rather be with you now, dead, than alive, being molested like this.' She thought as her tears welled out from her eyes. She began to feel faint, fainter - and then, suddenly, everything was changed. His hold of her became less savage and his warm lips pressing down on hers, gentler. Warmth filled her body as her heart pounded unbearably.
 
'What's happening?' She thought as she stirred beneath him, now able to move more easily, and her whole body tingled with the warmth and hardness of his.
 
Sesshomaru was deeply caught up in his youkai instincts that he had a hard time shifting his actions to be gentler. He may have a savage part as a youkai to rut and fulfill his needs but he also has a gentler instinct to make sure the one he's coupling with would be satisfied. His pride won't let him otherwise. Then the salty scent of her tears assaulted him. Abruptly, he moved, lifted his weight from her and looked in her eyes. His golden orbs had gone darker with passion, red-rimmed and glazed.
 
Kagome couldn't move more than just to cover herself with her arms. She took a deep shuddering breath, and a measure of control came back to her.
 
He walked out of the water towards the boulder where his change of clothes were placed revealing his naked body fully to Kagome. He put his clothes on and turned to look at her again.
 
Kagome upon having full view of his body turned red all over, especially upon seeing just how well-endowed the taiyoukai really is, proving that the savage excitement was still within him, but he, too, had found control.
 
Sesshomaru saw her face flush red and her scent became more intense, making him almost lose what little control he regained. A muscle worked in his jaw, and for a moment he didn't speak. Then: "This is my private onsen; you should not have been here. Get out after you are done and never enter this place again!" He hastily donned on his yukata and summoned his mokomoko, and then he turned away and strode off, leaving her behind with her tangled emotions.
 
Sesshomaru retreated to the safety of his chamber in the main dwelling and closed the door behind him upon entering. He walked straight to the balcony and takes a breath of the fresh air of his lands. The sun was almost gone and it will be dark soon. His mind is in turmoil, but already fighting back for self- possession.
 
OoOoO
 
'Why?. . . why did I lose control? How could she make this Sesshomaru act so foolishly? I have become a savage beast just because of her . . . a mere human.'
 
'A very special human.'
 
'Do not start; I am in no mood to argue with you.'
 
'You reacted that way because it is her. If it was somebody else, even if it was a demoness, you would not have even given them a second look, unless it is her. You have feelings for the onna, just admit it.'
 
'You are so stubborn. . . '
 
'That makes you, too. I am you, remember?'
 
'Silence!'
 
He transformed into his energy orb and flew off to the nearest forest. He needed to take his mind off her and one effective way would be extreme ass- kicking. Killing some poor youkai who would dare enter his territory right now would do the trick.
 
OoOoO
 
Kagome just stood there by the onsen bracing herself. It took her a few minutes more before she moves and covers her body with her clothes.
 
She blinked at the tears as a soft voice calls her name. She couldn't remember leaving the hot spring, turning onto the hallway, or wandering into the other corridors. Pulling herself back into reality, she realized she was now standing in front of her room. She was completely out of it while she was walking, and was thankful that she actually managed to arrive to her own room without getting lost in the vast domain.
 
Kagome heard the voice again beside her. It was Aya, her sakura- colored eyes filled with worry for her.
 
"Kagome-sama, are you alright?" she asked, a little nervous of what must have happened with the young miko.
 
As always, Kagome smiled at her to reassure her. "I'm fine. I'm just tired. Don't worry. I just need to rest for a while."
 
Aya respectfully bowed before her, when she got a whiff of air she suddenly looked at Kagome with that confused and surprised look, as Kagome passed her and entered her room. She closed the door behind her and went straight to her bed, wishing for the oblivion of sleep, wanting to escape thought and memories. But even though she's tired, she couldn't find the sleep she wanted.
 
Inside her spacious room, the gentle breeze came in from her opened balcony. She felt cold and lonely. She was almost raped and there was no one to help her, not even Inuyasha. And she misses him terribly, especially after what happened in the hot spring.
 
She saw the Tetsusaiga out of the corner of her eyes placed on a sword rack made of ivory on the side table. She took the sword gently and stared at it as if she'd seen it for the first time. She ran her fingers over the scabbard as her heart was shot with pain. Her tears flowing freely and dropping down on the sword, but she didn't care. She just kept on staring at it as memories of her last battle against Naraku flashes through her head, "Inuyasha. . ." Her voice sounding empty and lifeless.
 
She holds the sword's hilt and draws the battered keepsake from the scabbard. Kagome was expecting to see the rusted, nicked, and broken sword when she pulled it out of its sheath but instead her eyes grew wide as a shiny, red blade of the sword greeted her. It was beautiful and warm to her touch, she even felt the sword pulsating, as if it has a heartbeat, and what's more is that the sword is now fixed. She knew it was broken in two after the battle and all these changes confused her. She noticed that the black leather hilt a moment ago changed into a snow-white leather hilt right in front of her. The old and battered sword was now completely transformed into a magnificent new one.
 
It was amazing and confusing at the same time. The changes were wonderful and reminded her of Inuyasha more than ever. She wants to know why and how all this happened but she couldn't find any possible explanations from her dazed mind.
 
She stared at the red blade; it reminded her of blood - Inuyasha's blood and his death. The pain of losing him crept inside her twice as painful as it was before.
 
Kagome, like everyone believed her to be, is a strong-willed woman, but still, she's just human, and everyone could reach their limit, one way or another. . .
 
"Inuyasha. . . you've sacrificed your life for me. I know you'll want me to be happy, but please understand . . . you are my life and my happiness. I can't go on without you . . . so please, forgive me Inuyasha." She murmured as she held the sword's blade over her left wrist and slit it, enough to draw blood continuously.
 
She didn't mind the throbbing pain as her blood oozed out of the slit in her wrist with every beat of her broken heart.
 
Kagome looked at the blade now tainted with her blood. She stared at it as the red liquid drips to its pointed tip. It creates a haunting look, as if it was the sword that's bleeding and not her.
 
She placed it back into the scabbard and embraces it near her heart. She felt it again, the sword's heartbeat in rhythm with her own. She curled up on her bed in a fetal position as tears flow down from her eyes into her soft pillow.
 
Kagome could literally feel her life draining away from her. Her sight grew dim and felt a little dizzy. Her kimono, the silk bed sheet and even the floor is now tainted with her rich dark blood. "Inuyasha.  . . Wait for me . . . we'll be together soon. . . I love you" she murmured before the oblivion of near death took her away and through the darkness of her room, a warm glow lit up from within her arms - it was the transformed Tetsusaiga.
 
OoOoO
 
Sesshomaru flicked the blood off from his claws and stared at the gruesome sight of blood and entangled limbs sprawled in front of him. It was from an insolent youkai foolish enough to challenge him thinking that he could overpower the cold taiyoukai with the help of his three shards. But Sesshomaru proved him wrong.
 
He smirks before picking the shards off the slaughtered tiger youkai. The feel of evil the deep black shards emit into his claws makes him frown. He wrapped it with a cloth and put a barrier around it before putting it inside his haori and leaving. A good kill could really lift up his spirit and take his mind off of his problems.
 
Then all of a sudden, he felt the Tenseiga pulsated with power as it glowed. It was being called; he knew it since he could feel it, too. It was a pull that he couldn't ignore. Something's calling them, and the only thing that could make the sword react like this is its brother sword - the Tetsusaiga.
 
Sesshomaru flies back again using his energy form to make haste to his lands and straight into his shiro. He could feel it; the sword is calling for them. Then it hit him, the scent of her blood and death clinging thickly in the air.
 
He used his senses to look for any sign of attack in his shiro but found none as he dashed to her room with a speed he never knew he had. He entered her room; the thick metallic scent of her blood assaulted his nose and he saw her curled up on her bed that was now tainted with her blood. Kagome's body is losing its warmth and her color is getting paler.
 
He saw the glowing sword within her arms and the swirling pink barrier enveloping her body. The sword was trying to shield her away from the tsukai of the other world.
 
It was then that he saw the slit on her wrist. He felt his heart lurch with pain at the sight of her willingly toss her life away. For the first time in his entire long life, he felt guilt, though in its smallest shadow of it crawl into his own being. (fanart in my mediaminer account for this particular part, current avatar for dokuga and fanfiction. Not that good though.)
 
"Inuyasha's death is too much for her and what I did to her only makes it worse." He draws the Tenseiga for the third time to save her. 'I have been using the Tenseiga on her too often lately. Humans . . . they are just too weak in all aspects and their emotions make them worse. It is their weakness. . . '
 
'And it is also their strength. . .'
 
'You have returned . . . this one wonders if this girl also brings insanity with her. I started having conversations with myself when I began to know her.'
 
'No, you are not insane. You created me when you became aware of those emotions of yours.'
 
'And I do not want them. They will only be my weakness. . .'
 
'Or your strength . . . depending on how you would see it . . . and the situation at hand. Are you afraid, Sesshomaru?'
 
Sesshomaru growled at the thought 'This Sesshomaru, is not afraid of anything.'
 
'Then why do you not accept the truth. The miko means something to you, or do you want to lose her forever just so you can escape your fear?'
 
'No. . . ...... This one will not allow it. . .'
 
OoOoO
 
Kagome opened her eyes and blinked as she looks at her surroundings. The only places that are clear are those that her eyes are focusing on and once she has averted them and looks somewhere else it will also be blurred. It's like the way you see your dreams, a little smoky on the side and the center of your vision is the only thing you can clearly see. (MS: blah, blah, yadda, yadda, you all know what I mean so let's go on with the story)
 
There were trees all around and the view looks familiar to her. "This is Inuyasha's forest . . . but where is Inuyasha?"
 
She finds her way into the forest and to the Goshinboku where Inuyasha was once pinned by Kikyou. But to her dismay, he wasn't there, not even his shadow. So she ran into the next place she knew he might stay. She dashed into the clearing where the bone-eater's well stands. And there, sitting on the rim of the old well was Inuyasha.
 
Inuyasha was smiling at her but his golden eyes were not. They were shadowed with sadness as she comes close enough to see it clearly in them. He looks fine, wearing the usual red fire-rat haori but without the Tetsusaiga on his hip.
 
Kagome felt all her heartache and sorrow vanish in an instant as she flung herself into his waiting arms. She cried happy-tears, her body shaking from all the emotions washing over her. She has never felt so relieved after all this time. Nothing matters to her in this moment but the fact that their together, at last.
 
Inuyasha placed his chin over the crown of her head as she cried on his chest.
 
"Inuyasha… I missed you. I've been looking for you. I thought you'd be at the Goshinboku but you weren't there, so I looked for you here. Why are you here at the well, anyway?" she asked as she looked into his golden eyes.
 
"Because this is where they buried my remains, and I'm happy that they did." He murmured.
 
"But why? Why not under your tree?"
 
Inuyasha sighed before he answered again. "That tree is also special to me because it is where we first met. But it also brings painful memories of Kikyou. While in this well, only my happiest memories with you surround it. This well brought you to me and this is the nearest thing there is for my body to be with you. It links both my time and yours . . . it links me to you. And this is something I could treasure even here in the afterlife. It's ironic, but I guess I have to die first to realize how much I love you. . . I really do, Kagome.  . . Ever since I first laid my eyes on you, I was just too blinded with my past to see it."
 
Kagome was speechless as her eyes danced with tears. She never thought she could ever hear those words from him.
 
They lock each other in a tight embrace, as if trying to get back all those wasted times.
 
"I guess it was Miroku's idea to bury your remains in the well, huh?" Kagome whispered as she thinks about their friends.
 
Inuyasha smiled at her "Actually, no. . . It was Shippou.”
 
"Eh?"
 
Inuyasha grins at her expression. "I know, I can't believe it either. I guess the kit remembers. . ."
 
"Remembers what?"
 
"Once . . . while you were in your time and we were sitting beside the well, waiting for you. . ."
 
* * * flashback * * *
 
"Why don't you go on to your favorite tree? Kikyou might be waiting for you there. I'll just wait for Kagome here; you always make her cry anyway." Shippou said furiously to Inuyasha which was followed by a big lump on his head from the dog-demon.
 
"Stupid kit, leave Kikyou out of this. And I don't like that tree that much. This well is much better than that. That tree brings back painful memories while this well doesn't. . . I would rather dig my grave in the well than have it near that tree. Hell, I already spent 50 years of my life pinned to that damn tree."
 
Shippou just stared at him before speaking again sarcastically. "Don't worry, when you die, I'll make sure you'll be buried in there and put your name in it. Or maybe I should put it now. . . Shippou pulled out a marker and created a placard from his tricks and started writing on it. There . . . it's finished! Here lays the stupid hanyou named Inuyasha."
 
"Why you. . ." Inuyasha growled and tried to snatch the little kitsune but Shippou dodge him just in time.
 
"Oh yeah, you ain't dead yet. I guess I should change it into 'This well is reserved for Inu-'"
 
Inuyasha grabbed Shippou and smashed him into the nearby trees.
 
* * * end of flashback * * *
 
"You did that to Shippou? Oh, the poor Kit."
 
"Hey, he started it!" Inuyasha defended himself.
 
Then there was silence. Inuyasha spoke again with his soft voice.
 
"Kagome.  . . You shouldn't be here. It isn't your time yet. You must go back to the real world."
 
"Why Inuyasha? Don't you want me here?" She asked a little hurt that they would be separated again.
 
"I want us to be together, believe me. But you still have a long life ahead of you. I've given up my life so you could live, so please Kagome, live for me. I know you could do it. You're stronger than this."
 
"But-"
 
Inuyasha put his finger over her lips, silencing her as he shook his head slightly. "I love you, Kagome and I'll always will, but I want you to move on and be happy. Don't worry, everything will turn out fine . . . you may not see me but I'm always by your side. . . I'll protect you . . . no matter what. . ."
 
Kagome's eyes widen as light engulfed everything that surrounds her. She felt something warm envelope her body and pulling her away from Inuyasha.
 
Inuyasha just smiled sadly at her before his image faded along with his surroundings.
 
OoOoO
 
Sesshomaru sat beside her bed looking at her pale face. He has just slashed the soul bearers that were forcing to penetrate the shield that the Tetsusaiga created for her. Then he sighed in relief when she finally stirred and slowly opened her eyes making the shield and the glowing light surrounding both swords vanish.
 
"Inuyasha!" Kagome cried as she abruptly sat up, her arm reaching out gripping the sleeves of his soft haori. But when she realized that she's back in her room, she froze and her eyes met a pair of golden orbs that show confusing emotions; pain, concern, sorrow, guilt; all flashing one after another, but too quickly for her to interpret before they vanish.
 
She scurried away from him to the end of the bed with her weakened body because of the blood-loss, clutching the now blood-tainted blanket over her.
 
'Why? How could I be alive?' She thought as she stared at her now almost healed wrist. Then she felt the warm energy that enveloped her a while ago - it was coming from the Tenseiga. "The Tenseiga.  . . You used it to-"
 
"This Sesshomaru used its power to bring back your worthless life. You are in my shiro, and everything within my territory is mine and that makes you this one's property. You have no right to throw away your life unless this one tells you so." Sesshomaru's eyes narrowed dangerously at her as he stood up beside the bed. His usual mask put in place except for his eyes. "And if you dare say my bastard half-brother's name in this one's presence again, it will cost you dearly."
 
The fire within Kagome's eyes suddenly grew to life upon hearing this and her fear was shoved at the back of her mind. "Why you pompous arrogant bastard . . . you may have brought me back to life but I didn't ask you to and I am not your property so don't act like you own me. And- Kagome stopped as she saw Sesshomaru suddenly smirk at her outburst. `Now what's with him?'
 
'She is back to her usual fiery self' He thought as he smirks before turning around and walking towards the door.
 
"I'm not afraid of you, Sesshomaru. I'm not afraid to die, not anymore. Your threats won't work on me -”
 
But before she could even blink, Sesshomaru's clawed hand is wrapped around her throat and her back is pressed against the wall, his golden eyes piercing and slightly shadowed with crimson shades.
 
"Then hear this, human. This Sesshomaru could kill you slowly and revive you again and again. And this one swears to you that each death will be much more painful than the last one. You better count on my words, because this Sesshomaru never lies." He said before letting her go and stepping out of her room leaving her alone.
 
She touched her throat as she sat there all alone staring at the now closed door.
OoOoO
CASEDEPUTY, thanks for the help in this one, too. Girl, you are simply amazing!
OoOoO
Inu: (evil grin) Its pay back time, aniki. (finished typing chapter 8)
MS: You. . . you've changed it. . . oh no. . . this is gonna be trouble.
Sess: (enters, crackling with energy) you bastard! Who gave you the right to mess with my . . .
MS: (one eyebrow arched high) why? Do you really want to rape Kagome- chan?
Sess: (Markings on cheekbones becomes brightly crimson red) " . . . . . . "
Inu: and you said that you hate humans. . .
Sess: Die Inuyasha!
MS: (sat near Sango, Miroku and Kagome) So, who do you think will win?
Sango: Hmmm. . . Sesshoumaru. . . he's really pissed off after what Inuyasha did. Here, want some popcorn?