InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mourning of the Bloody Valentine ❯ Under My Covers ( Chapter 14 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A/N: Hello again! So great to see y'all! Ah, 91 reviews! My day has just improved! Okay, so I got some nice reviews saying how my story was one of the best they read, and that they love my chapters! I'm so happy! Alright, I won't bother you further. But thanks for all the reviews, my dedicated readers!



Mourning of the Bloody Valentine

Chapter Fourteen : Under My Covers

Later that night, I was off in my dream world. I think it was something about living in a mushroom. But, later on in the night, I felt another body get in bed with me and wrap their arms around me. I snuggled towards the warmth on the cold night, and curled up happily with a sleepy sigh. InuYasha buried his face in my hair; which I barely noticed, and I think that was the deepest sleep I've had in years. And it was definitely a good sleep I could use, what with all this stalker business. Neither of us noticed the shadowed figure peer into the room from the window, pause, and then exit silently.

We slept on all night, right into the morning. I opened my eyes, sunshine beaming in from the curtained window. I yawned and stretched to put my arms up under my head; I was lying on my back, when I suddenly felt something.

Now, why did my covers look so big? And...full? Could I have woken up years in the future, pregnant and married? But...still living with my mom !? What an outrage. I felt something curl tightly around my hips, and fingers brush...down there. What am I doing?! I lifted up my hands in front of my face. So I hadn't been. I sighed with relief. Wait. My eyes shot open again. There is was again!

I ripped off the covers, to find InuYasha's head in my side, his arms around my hips, and fingers...you know where. His legs had also ended up entwined with mine as well. And, in that position; as any sensible girl would do...

I screamed.

I kicked away the shocked, yet sleepy InuYasha and pulled the covers to cover me up. I felt slightly...dirty? Nah, that was probably just the red `dirt' all over my cheeks right now. Also known as an overwhelming blush.

"INUYASHA! What were you doing?!" I yelled, the lower half of my face hidden by my covers, hoping not to give away the smile that was tugging at my lips at that very moment.

"Huh?" InuYasha picked himself up groggily, but his head snapped up as if he had just noticed I was angry. "Well-Well-It's YOUR fault! I didn't do nothing!"

"WHAT? YOU were the one who was almost---masturbating me!!!" I screamed, hopefully to win out the redness of my cheeks.

He looked utterly flabbergasted. "I DID NOT! And how do I know you weren't using MY fingers!"

I must've looked devilish right then. My hair a mess, my face red, and the rest of my body a quilted blob with clenched fists.

"THAT IS SO SICK! Who would want you to do...THAT to them ANYWAY!!"

"YOU DID!"

"I DID NOT!"

"WHY DON'T YOU PROVE IT, WENCH!"

"I WILL!"

"OH YEAH, HOW!!"

"I'M GONNA PROVE IT TO YOUR STUPID BRAIN BY..." I was at a bit of a loss here, "by...accepting Kouga's invitation to go to the dance with HIM." I smiled smugly, yanking the remainder of my face out of my covers, and grinned at him, showing off my teeth.

His face flushed in anger, embarrassment, and finally hurt.

"You...you really meant it when you said you'd go...didn't you?" He mumbled, his eyes downcast.

I kind of felt guilty. Maybe it wasn't his fault. Besides, I kind of liked it when he held me, but NOT that part. And I remembered that I had revealed my feelings to him, but he hadn't even cared to say "Ditto" or something. At least. I didn't even remember him saying he even liked me at all last night. He'd said it days ago, but people can change so quickly. I knew that for sure. Kouga had done that to me. I'd never given myself to him, at least I had some dignity left with the way he behaved around me. When we first met, he was so chivalrous and caring, I almost fooled myself saying I was in love with him. Deep down I knew I wasn't. And when he asked if we could, that little part had said no. I think that was why he suddenly; of late, had a kind of disdain for me. And now Sango and Miroku were gone. When I harbor large feelings, such as the guilt of Sango and Miroku's death, I stuff them in my `emotion closet'. I've never told anyone this because I was pretty sure they'd either declare me crazy or call up a psychiatrist at the next phone booth. And only when I'm alone does that closet creak open, spilling mixed emotions everywhere. I felt a good dose of it then. But, remembering how InuYasha hadn't told me he loved me...maybe he wanted me in the Kouga did. He had just wanted my body. Not the thing running the body. And, secretly, I felt anger at InuYasha for making me believe I had found the one for me. All these thoughts rushing through my head in less than 3 seconds, I sharply replied.

"Well, of course I meant it, jerk. I'm no slut who's given herself away, and left with nothing. I mean what I say, and when I said I'm going with Kouga, I will."

He was silent for a while, kind of just sitting cross-legged there.

"You say you will...but do you even want to?"

I blinked in shock, and InuYasha looked up at me seriously.

He spoke again, "And when you told me you liked-no, loved me...you must've meant it too?"

I shifted uncomfortably on the bed.

"Of course."

He looked up again, his eyes piercing my own.

"Then...I mean what I say too, Kagome...And I know I can't lie when it comes to you."

I was taken aback, but my brain quickly twisted his comment for a snappish reply.

"Then that's weird how a man of his word; when confronted by his "future-mate"" I made little quotation marks with my hands, "would stay silent, and I had to wait next to a lifetime for him just to say good-night!"

"I told you I loved you that night!"

"Oh yeah, I remember. Hm, let me think. I think it was, quote," I mimicked a deeper voice sarcastically, "Kagome, I-I-uh...lo-uh...uh," I looked back at him snidely, "You're gonna be a real charmer with the ladies someday InuYasha. A real charmer."

He looked hurt, until his molten gaze turned hard and angry.

"I told you later, didn't I?"

"When I was...ASLEEP?" I said, pretending to sound dumb.

"I thought you were awake! You were barely awake, you're eyes were open!"

"Then what did you say to my subconscious self?" I crossed my arms impatiently.

"I said that I loved you." He stated firmly.

"Then if you can say it so easily, come up to me right now and say it to my face!" I pointed at my nose for emphasis and continued, "And I don't think I'll be falling asleep pretty soon, so I can tell we'll both be here a very long time!"

He stepped up to me, took my hands and pulled me up. One of his hands covered both my hands, and the other held my shoulder gently. He looked straight at me, his eyes strong but sincere.

"Kagome Higurashi, I don't care what you're gonna say about me, but I love you. More than anything I ever have, and I love you for who you are to me, a beautiful pillar of strength. I could love you to death, right down to your brown fuzzy slippers." He gazed down fondly at the slippers now on my feet. I was blushing, and I smiled happily.

"Ditto." I said gently as I hugged him, my eyes tearing up.

He held me close, his face in my hair, and said jokingly, "And your fat cat, too."

I laughed into his chest, and he slid his grip on my shoulders down to my waist, instead.

And that's how my Mom found us.

Luckily we'd had the excuse of school so that we could both get out of the lecture house. Mom, for once, drove InuYasha and I there, throwing accusing glares to the backseat at him the whole time.

InuYasha hadn't totally believed me when I told him Sango and Miroku were dead. When I was alone, the guilt became almost unbearable. I hadn't even shed any tears for them yet. And every time I needed to mourn, a pesky stalker or someone would pop up like daisies. I knew I would need time to mourn, and when neither Sango or Miroku showed up for classes that day, InuYasha was convinced. I had told Kouga I would go with him to the dance later that night. I was still a woman of my word, and I will do it. Besides, I have to be with him and after the tape, I'll have an excellent excuse to break up. I could've before, but I'd been kind of putting it off. Who likes breaking up with someone you used to care about? Any normal person with emotions would dread it. Which kind of reminded me. I had to make a couple of finalizing plans with InuYasha for tonight. We had worked it out that he would, to his distress, go with Kikyou, to avoid any suspicion. Because we both knew, the minute that tape started up, Hojou would be to blame. I felt slightly bad about letting him carry all of it, but then when I thought about it, we could also add Kikyou in for the blame. Who knew? Just a couple of finger pointing and well planned and spread rumors, and Kikyou would find herself landing a seat in the principal's office. It would all blow over finally; at least I hoped so. And of course Kouga and Kagura would have their share, for supposedly taping themselves doing it on school property. It'd be perfect. I had never tried being evil like this, but now I really saw that it had it's perks. And I'd be the grieved flirting girlfriend with an obsessive sex-craved maniac of a boyfriend. Any principal would buy it. And InuYasha was a good friend, I mean, flirting always happens so easily sometimes with some people. Yet, with others, it takes a good deal of effort.


After the ring of the lunch bell, I headed over to the cafeteria to find InuYasha and tell him the latest tad of hot news from P.O.C.K.Y. Boy, would he love this...



A/N: Okay see you tomorrow guys! Thanks for all your reviews, and keep them coming, thanks!

Love ya! (not literally...I'm no bisexual)

Ja ne.

-Katana