InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mourning of the Bloody Valentine ❯ Of Punch Bowls and Grinding ( Chapter 16 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A/N: Hey everybody! I got so many nice reviews; some just warmed my heart! But, the most recent one cut me like a searing blade. It was from an anonymous 'kittykat'. And if she had a story I'd go tell her to stick it up where the sun don't shine. That btch. ARGH. Okay, sorry everyone, I'm really sensitive...I cried after I read that review, so I guess I'm a little weak to be in the writing business, huh. Well, ill tell you what she said.

Kittykat

This story is really going to crap. Its like your mind was going in one direction in the beginning and another near the end. This story sucks. Your writing is terrible and i hate it when people put themselves in the fic. It's really pathetic. But then again, i guess it takes a pathetic person to write a pathetic story.

Up yours, tramp. Go slut up to a steel pole or something... Sorry again to everybody else! But, it just makes me so maaad! She can go hump a steel pipe horizontally for all I care!!!

If I met her in person...I'd kill her!! Okay...sorry, my good readers! Thank you so much because it was just one hurtful flames, and Michelle was really nice saying she was a big fan and she loves my writing, which is just so wonderful to hear!! Now before I start crying again...I'd better get started, huh?



Mourning of the Bloody Valentine

Chapter Sixteen : Of Punch Bowls and Grinding

Kouga was waiting at the door, in an all black suit of some sort. I greeted him politely, for the sake of my Mom who was standing nearby, approval written all over her face. I inwardly groaned as I took his arm and a couple of fake polite goodbyes and smiles later, we were on our way.

The party was more like going to a ball. Well, what could you expect, what with Hojou in charge of music and all? Such a blessing but also such a curse. The beat was slow and Aerosmith was on. How predictable. For Hojou, anyway. I was actually feeling kind of hungry. Really hungry, I realized as soon as I saw the bountiful amount of finger foods arranged on tables. I forgot all about Kouga, InuYasha, karaoke and revenge as I headed towards the chips and dip.

So, Kouga, I believe, was left stranded among a bunch of slow moving dancers. I also think he left for a while then returned to see me later.

So there I was, a large paper plate of rippled chips slathered with ranch dressing in my hands, a large cup of punch right beside me for easy access, and I leaned against the wall right by the punch bowl. I barely noticed an irritated InuYasha lead in a giggling Kikyou. Well, should have been giggling; it was more of a low rumble in her manly-vocal corded throat. InuYasha saw me munching away in the corner and headed over, leaving Kikyou in gymnasium dust.

I kept crunching and swallowing away, and hardly noticed InuYasha sidle up beside me until he tapped me on the shoulder in impatience for being ignored.

I was a little startled, but that was about it. "Oh, hey, InuYasha." Crunch. Crunch.

"Oi. Stop pigging out. You'll miss the show." He smirked when I turned around, enraged.

"Shut up, White wig."

"I don't wear a wig! For your information, this color is all natural!"

"With bleach, that is."

"Is NOT!"

"You just keep on believing it, InuYasha."

"I WILL, cause its true."

I shrugged and turned back for another helping of food.

I noticed Kouga come back from wherever, and he came beside InuYasha and myself.

"Kagome, darling, will you dance with me?"

He graciously tried to take my hand, but stopped, seeing as my fingers were covered in dip. I looked down at my hand peculiarly; then laughed nervously and licked my fingertips clean, wiping them off on my dress. I'm not much for using cutlery. Fingers work so much better, after all. InuYasha growled in the back of his throat, his expression dark when I handed him my plate to hold for me. I didn't want to lose the remains of my 4th helping. After all, I hadn't even had dinner yet.

The song started up, the pulsing beat note less at the start of the song, until the melody began.

If only I could get through this
I get through this

I gotta get through this
I gotta get through this

I gotta make it, gonna make, gonna make it through
I'm gotta get through this
I gotta get through this
I gotta take my, gotta take my mind off you

I personally thought what the lyrics kind of meant to me. Here I was, suffering to no end by dancing with Kouga, knowing what an...exotic dancer he was. More like dirty dancing.

Give me just a second and I'll be all right
Surely one more moment couldn't break my heart
Give me 'til tomorrow then I'll be okay

Just another day and then I'll hold you tight

If only I could get through this
If only I could get through this
If only I could get through this
God, God gotta help me get through this

Kouga tried grinding with me but on a rush of adrenaline, I kind of jogged behind him and kept moving to the loud pulsations.

When your love is pouring like the rain
I close my eyes and it it's gone again
When will I get the chance to say I love you
I pretend that you're already mine
Then my heart ain't breaking every time
I look into your eyes


If only I could get through this
If only I could get through this
If only I could get through this
God, God gotta help me get through this

I gotta get through this
I gotta get through this
I gotta make it, gonna make, gonna make it through
Said I'm gonna get through this
I gotta get through this
I gotta take my, gotta take my mind off you

I glanced over to InuYasha who had started eating my soaked chips in an effort to avoid conversation with a flirting Kikyou now beside him. His expression was one of the darkest I had seen in ages, all pouty, angry and irritated all rolled into one. Well, he was almost always like that, wasn't he?

Give me just a second and I'll be all right
Surely one more moment couldn't break my heart
Give me 'til tomorrow then I'll be okay
Just another day and then I'll hold you tight

When your love is pouring like the rain
I close my eyes and it it's gone again
When will I get the chance to say I love you
I pretend that you're already mine

Then my heart ain't breaking every time
I look into your eyes

If only I could get through this
If only I could get through this
If only I could get through this
God, God gotta help me get through this

If only I could get through this
God, God gotta help me get through this

I smiled at Kikyou's attempt to kiss InuYasha on the cheek, which he narrowly avoided, and obviously pretended to spill a large cup of punch on her chest. The red dress totally sabotaged Kikyou's white tight mini Christian Dior.

If only I could get through this
God, God gotta help me get through this

If only I could get through this...

Kikyou choked on air making shocked; yet manly, sounds from her throat and Kagura, hearing her friend's "squeal", ran over, declaring to InuYasha that Kikyou 'didn't really like tie dye' with a sneer.

InuYasha looked apologetic, but when they rounded the corner, his innocent face became disheveled into a naughty snigger, which almost grew to an all out laugh, if his mouth hadn't been so stuffed. I practically laughed into Kouga's face, since he had enveloped himself around me to the slow song. He must have wanted to kiss me, if I hadn't snorted with laughter and began my crazy laughing process with a loud cackling; hopefully to die down to a modest giggle.

He rolled his eyes at me as the words to the slow song started up.

Hashiri dasu shunkan sakamichi de kaze ni

yakitsuketa hizashi ga mune no oku atsuku shita

kimi ni chikazuite iku tabi hayaku naru

toki wo kakeru hajimari no yokan saseru anata ga suki

chiisana ai de itsumo soba de atarimae no jikan

kyou dekiru koto wa konna fuu ni nanigenai koto de

kimi ga furimuku you ni mijikaku kitta kami ga yurete

mata hitotsu fueru waraigoe sora ni hibiite yuku

I draped my arms awkwardly around him, somehow this just felt so damn strange. I took a quick glance at InuYasha whose expression had darkened even more now that a slow song was on. I couldn't help but smile at him, giving a small wink, and he looked kind of hurt. But he smiled; somewhat, back.

yasashisa ni amaete sukoshi dake kizutsuita

utsuriyuku kisetsu ni mata futari musubareru

konna shunkan wo shiawase to yobetara

mitsumeatte kono machi de deaeta kiseki wo kanjiteru

toomawari shite kaeru kimi to mou sukoshi arukitai

nanimo nai hi koso soba ni ite kaze ni naretara

kumo no kirema ni todokisou dane onaji sora wo miage

sono hitomi ni utsushita asu mo koushite sugoshitai

I was glad the song would be ending soon. I liked this song after all, but I would have enjoyed it so much more if I had been dancing with InuYasha. Kouga seemed a little too...good at dancing for me. I was always left kind of behind.

kyou mo tenohira ni noru you na yorokobi ga

afureru kara arigatou yasashiku naritai kimi no tame

chiisana ai de ii itsumo soba de atarimae no jikan

kyou dekiru koto wa konna fuu ni nanigenai koto de

kimi ga furimuku you ni mijikaku kitta kami ga yurete

mata hitotsu fueru waraigoe sora ni hibiite yuku

I finally pulled away from Kouga as the last note sounded and headed back to InuYasha whose expression had lightened slightly when he noticed my approach.

I took my near empty plate back, and put it to the side, and crossed my arms, leaning beside him. My fingers drummed against my other arm, and I knew I'd have to wait this one out.

Everything was silent for a while, InuYasha suddenly finding the ceiling, then the floor extremely intriguing. I glanced at him sideways from time to time until I cleared my throat suggestively.

"Uh..." He started, "You...wanna...yknow, dance?"

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes at him, "Well, what else would I be doing?" I laughed at his raised eyebrows, and grabbed his hand. It was a faster song now, thank goodness. At least I wouldn't have to latch onto InuYasha. I wasn't very good at the romance thing. Something always seemed to mess it up.

kowareru hodo aishitemo sanbun no ichi mo tsutawaranai

junjou na kanjou wa karamawari I love you sae ienaideiru my heart

Actually the song was medium paced, but who cared? Everybody was dancing, bobbing up and down to the pace.

nagaku nemureani yoru ga kimi e to omoi

sore wa koi na n desu to sasayaku yo

tomedonaku katari nakeru yureru todou wa

binetsu majiri no tameiki e to kawaru

give me smile and shine days kimi no smile de

itetsuku yoru samusa no mo good koraerareru

I laughed at InuYasha's apparent stiffness. The sudden pick up of the pace in the song didn't help his ego at all. He kind of tried to move smoothly like Kouga could. But. He just couldn't. His moves were pretty exaggerated and he looked like a taped dancer on a bad quality video camera. Choppy, jerky motions made up his dance moves.

kowareru hodo aishitemo san bun no ichi mo tsutawaranai

junjou na kanjou wa karamawari i love you sae ienaideiru my heart

mannatsu no ame no you ni kawaita suhada uruosu kimi no egao ga mabushikute

I tried to give him hints as to ease his dancing, but he was stubborn to make progress with his hilariously typical dance moves.

Give me a smile and shiny days, kyuu ni sumasanaide

donna ni konnan de nankan na kabe mo koeru kara

dore dake kimi wo aishitara kono omoi todoku no darou

mitsumerareru to ienai kotoba ga chuu ni mau

hanarereba hanareru hodo itoshii hito da to kizuku

motomereba motomeru hodo ni setsunai kyori wo kanjiteru my heart

Somehow I couldn't wait for this song to be over; as I tried in vain to hold in my witch like cackles. I wonder why.

Give me smile and shine days

Give me smile and nice days

moshi mo kono ude de dakishime-aeta nara

dore dake kimi wo aishitara kono omoi todoku no darou

yume no naka de wa tashikani ieta hazu na noni

kowareru hodo aishetemo san bun no ichi mo tsutawaranai

junjou na kanjou wa karamawari I love you sae ienaideiru My Heart

I finally stopped when everybody else did, and InuYasha looked a little too relieved. I pulled him to the side and said to him seriously.

"InuYasha." I looked him in the eye, "Sorry, but...your dancing sucks."

He didn't look hurt at all. He looked outraged.

"I am never dancing with you again, Kagome!" He stated angrily.

"You know what," I snapped back, "FINE! If you can't take come correction, and be childish about it, I don't want you either!"

"CHILDISH?" He whipped back around to face me, "YOU'RE the one who has no tact!"

"Well because you're sucky dancing is frickin' embarrassing me!" I shot back.

His mouth hung open for a second; I totally regretted those words the moment they had left my mouth. I winced just thinking of what he would do when I had said something so mean.

InuYasha leaned in close to me, his nose near touching mine.

"Well," He whispered hoarsely; but probably only because he was angry, "You didn't seem to think that yesterday night when you told me you loved me!"

"Yeah?" I whispered back, "Well I meant it! But I don't know about people who say they wanna marry someone in a broom closet!"

"YOU dragged me in there!"


We both were arguing so heatedly that neither of us noticed Kagura sidle up to the punch bowl and pull out a small bottle and empty it into the punch bowl...



A/N: Okay! That's 10 pages! Whew! It was to make up for yesterday when I took the day off when my friend came back from VayKay. (Vacation) okay, well read and review please!

The names of the songs, so u can download them :

Daniel Bedingfield - Gotta Get Through This

Full Metal Panic - Kimi ni Fuku Kaze

Rurouni Kenshin - 1/3 no Junjou na Kanjou

Ja ne.

-Katana