InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mourning of the Bloody Valentine ❯ Shake It Like a Polaroid Picture ( Chapter 17 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A/N: Hey again, everyone! Thanks for the great encouraging reviews I received; they really made me feel better! And you guys have been great! Thanks so much! I know for certain this story wouldn't be where it is now if it weren't for you guys!! XD! Okay, well whoa its chappie 17 already! Talk about time fly! Well I won't keep you waiting!



Mourning of the Bloody Valentine


Chapter Seventeen : Shake it Like a Polaroid Picture


"InuYasha! If you always start this, I don't think I'd be able to be with you; friend or lover or-or whatever!" I yelled in a whisper, anger clear in my stormy eyes.

He seemed taken aback for a moment, before he recuperated to send another angry reply my way. "Well, maybe I changed my mind! Did you ever think about THAT?!"

I leaned against the wall and slumped to the floor, my eyes closed wearily. I didn't feel up to this right now.

"Oi, bitch! You listening to me?" He glanced my way then stopped for a closer look. "Kagome, are you okay?"

I sighed tiredly. "Yeah, InuYasha. It's just that...I'm tired of this."

"Of what? You wanna go outside? The music too loud? I think it is a little blasting, huh?"

I smiled at his obvious concern and nervousness at my weariness.

"No, it's not that. I'm tired of this. This: this fighting all the time. I...want to be with you, InuYasha, and I don't want to fight with you. I just want to be able to talk to you like I could talk with..." I paused, sadness creeping into my eyes, "with Sango and Miroku...God, I miss them so much! And it's my fault." I sighed, and willed the tears to not leave my eyelashes.

InuYasha slid down the wall to sit beside me and he held me for a little while. About five minutes later, I noticed Kouga come striding back in, helping the limping Kikyou, whose heels had snapped during her rushed run to the restroom.

Before Kouga came grinning over, I stood up and straightened, brushing myself off, and asked InuYasha if he wanted to dance again.

"But...you said I suck..." He said doubtfully, "I could be dangerous out there," with a nod of his head in the direction of the dance floor.

I smiled childishly, "Then I'm just going to have to take my chances, now won't I?"

He half smirked half smiled back and grabbed my hand, leading me to where the song was just ending and the next about to start up.

Ah tenkiame no machi de

fui ni guuzen surechigau

Ah mioboe no aru SHATSU

masaka anata da nante

sou okubyou na watashi wa

jibun no koto shika mienakute

itsuka anata no yasashisa ni motare

amaeteta yo ne

I leaned into his shoulder for this song that just was so heartfelt. With InuYasha's slightly stiff arms around me, and this kind of song playing around us, everything just felt perfectly right. Like this was the way it was meant to be.

kazoekirenai yoru o koete

taisetsu na mono ni kizuita

kitto kitto mou mayowanai

hitomi wa ima anata dake o miteru

nee TORABURU mo nayami mo

zenbu anata ni wa hanaseta

Ah juwaki no mukou gawa

nukumori o kanjiteta

mou gairoju no hikari ga

"daijoubu" to senaka oshiteru

sotto kizuite kureru you ni

akai kasa o yurashita

InuYasha leaned in to whisper something to me, "Kagome, I wanted to tell you that other time...but I couldn't put it outright. If you could...would you be my mate?"

"Mate?" I whispered, "I don't think so..."

InuYasha was shocked for a second, and when I looked back up at him I said simply, "I was actually thinking along the lines of soulmates."

I smiled slyly as relief washed over his shocked expression. He smiled into my hair.

tsugi no SHIGUNARU kawaru mae ni

watashi kara koe o kakenakya

kimochi dake ga kakedashiteku

mizutamari hajiite

konna ni hiroi sora no shita de

kamisama ga kureta guuzen

nagai nagai tomadoi kara

nurikaetai kore kara no kisetsu o

"Why, did you think I was gonna say no?" I looked into his honey orbs, and sniggered when he made a kind of twisted smile that most likely meant yes.

"How could I say no to you anyway?" I hugged him tight, and he held me close. My heart was soaring, as if nothing else mattered. Only InuYasha and I.

SHIGUNARU kawaru mae ni

watashi kara koe o kakenakya

kimochi dake ga kakedashiteku

mizutamari hajiite

kazoekirenai yoru o koete

taisetsu na mono ni kizuita

kagayakidasu keshiki no naka

chikazuiteku massugu ni anata e

As the song's last guitar strings were strummed, InuYasha pulled away far enough to give me a chaste yet not so short kiss.

We pulled away and waited for the next song to start.

"How many of these corny songs do we gotta go through?" InuYasha said annoyed.

"Well Hojou always had a more...mellow preference towards music."

"More like boring."

"Then why don't you go do something about that, Mr. Know-it-all."

He winked at me and I loosened my grip on him, "Fine, I will."

InuYasha walked proudly over to the stage where Hojou was sitting nervously, about to start the next song.

"Oi, Hobo!"

Hojou looked up slightly surprised. "Good evening, InuYasha. Something the matter?" He looked kind of sad when he saw me waiting for InuYasha off the dance floor.

"Yeah, something's wrong here. You're playing stupid corny songs! And somebody can only take so much fuckin' mushiness!"

Hojou seemed appalled at InuYasha's language, but nodded dumbly and stepped aside for InuYasha to find some songs to play.

I watched this all from a distance, smiling half-interestedly. I decided since songs were being chosen, I didn't exactly want a whole hour of the heavy rock I knew InuYasha loved. I clicked over and used the stairs at the side of the stage to get up.

As I walked over to where a staring Hojou and a deliberating InuYasha were, I looked over their shoulders to see what was being chosen.

I pushed InuYasha aside and began choosing as well.

"How about this one, Hojou-kun?" I ignored a slight growl from my right, and smiled at a flustered Hojou.

"Oh..okay, Kagome. That one's a nice song, right?"

I nodded. "Yep."

"Okay," he agreed, "I'll play it now."

"Don't forget to play my songs too, Hobo." InuYasha snarled as we both left the stage.

Tooku Tooku Omoi hatenaku

Futari ga Mujaki ni waratteta

Ano koro ni modoreru nara...

Konagona ni kudaketa

GLASS-zaiku no you na

Omoide no kakera wo atsumeteru

Daiji na mono wa itsudatte

Nakushite kara kizuku yo

Yes, I thought. Ah, what a good song this was. It was one of my favorite animes, and I had definitely wanted to dance to it. InuYasha smiled and said to me over the music, "Good choice, wench."

I smiled wryly at the name-calling, "Thanks."

Kimi ga inai sekai wa

Maru de JIGSAW PUZZLE

Eien ni kaketa mama mikansei

Dare ni mo kimi no kawari nante

Nareru hazu wa nai kara

I laughed at InuYasha demonstrating his `robot'. A couple other people tried it too, but none of theirs seemed as entertaining as InuYasha's version.

Dou ka Dou ka Jikan wo tomete

Kimi no omokage wo kono mune ni kizandekure

Moshi mo Moshi mo Yurusareru nara

Subete wo gisei ni shite mo ii

Ano egao wo mou ichido...

Genjitsu to iu kusari ni

Bokutachi wa tsunagarete

Yumemiru koto sae mo kanawazu ni

Soredemo sagashi-tsuzuketeru

Yami wo terasu hikari wo

InuYasha seemed much better off with this pretty fast paced song. It wasn't that fast, but it had a good beat. He danced much better now, and winked at my surprised expression. I just slapped his arm as we both moved to the music.

Tooku Tooku Omoi hatenaku

Futari ga Mujaki ni waratteta ano koro e

Dou ka Dou ka Jikan wo tomete

Kimi no omokage wo kono mune ni kizandekure

Moshi mo Moshi mo Yurusareru nara

Subete wo gisei ni shite mo ii

Ano egao wo mou ichido...

Kimi no omokage wo kono mune ni kizandekure

Moshi mo Moshi mo Yurusareru nara

Subete wo gisei ni shite mo ii

Ano egao wo mou ichido...

InuYasha moved finally to the last loud beats of the ending song. He laughed loudly and heartily as he heard the beginning of one of his songs. I looked at him peculiarly. This had better not be a head-banger.

All my life
I denied
Ever knowing what it's like
You came around
You shook my ground
Now I'm searching for a drug to come down
You're where I thought I'd never go
I can't believe I did

Look out below
I'm letting go
Look out below
I'm falling completely
I lost control
I let it go
Now I can see so clearly around me

You're everything I need

InuYasha was smiling proudly at his song, even though his sensitive ears were flattened because of the resounding rock. I rolled my eyes at him, this song was more of a head-banger than I thought.

Deep inside
Is where you've been
Ever since you wandered in
And now I shine
And get so high
On all the things I used to deny
Now I can never let you go
I guess I'll just let you in

Look out below
I'm letting go
Look out below
I'm falling completely
I lost control
I let it go
Now I can see so clearly around me
You're everything I need

Everything I need to find
All of the things I used to deny
And I know
That the closer you bring me
Fear tries to keep me alone
Look out below
You're everything I need

Look out below
I'm letting go
Look out below
I'm falling completely
I lost control
I let it go
Now I can see so clearly around me
You're everything I need

You're everything I need

You're everything I need

You're everything I need

When the song finished, I knew why InuYasha had chosen it. It was all about him let go of his past, and looking into the future; hopefully me, and now he knew that he'd found his love. I couldn't help but laugh at his praise expecting look.

"Yes, InuYasha, it was a good song." I said just so that he'd wipe off that silly smile off his face.

"Yeah I know." He said, sounding manly, as if he really did know what a good song it was. "Wait till you hear the next one. I bet you'll like it, wench."

I looked over at Hojou who looked kind of shocked at the song choice. He wasn't into the rock in roll. Hopefully his ears wouldn't get blown off; he was so close to the speakers.

kimi ga senou itami no hate ni wa
miushinatte ita kanousei ga matte ite
namida mo sugu ni wasurete shimatte
atarashii kairaku ni oboreru mon' sa

hametsu wo mezasu rekishi no story
kimi to futari naraba
sore hodo kowaku wa nai

zetsubouteki na sekai wa ima mo
ikinobiyou to agakitsuzukeru yo
tsukuyou no nai keshiki mo kitto
ayatsuyou de barairo ni mieru

InuYasha had been right. I did like this song, the beat was fast-paced and it had a catchy tune. It sounded...just...cool.

kotae nante itsu no jidai demo
aru you de hontou wa nai you na mon'de

hametsu wo mezasu rekishi no story
te wo hanasanakereba
sore hodo kowaku wa nai

zetsubouteki na sekai wa ima mo
ikinobiyou to agakitsuzukeru yo
miakita hazu no keshiki mo kitto
kangaeyou de barairo ni mieru

Caught up in the music, InuYasha practically danced back over to me and kissed me on the mouth. I smiled into the kiss, not noticing Kouga's figure not far off, arms crossed, and mouth overturned in hatred.

hametsu wo mezasu rekishi no story
kimi wo mezamesaseru tame nara
NEJI mageyou ka

zetsubouteki na sekai wa ima mo
owari sou de owaranai de iru yo
akiramekaketa keshiki mo kitto
futari de nara barairo ni mieru

I laughed too at the ending.

"That was such a great song, InuYasha! Where's it from?"

"A favorite anime of mine," He panted, "Get Backers. It's really good."

I made a mental note to look it up in the anime store a few blocks from my shrine home.

I was feeling a little thirsty, especially after those rockin' songs.

"InuYasha," I called to him over the music, "I'm thirsty! I'm going for punch!"

He nodded and followed me. I noticed Naraku, a guy from my cooking class smoking some marijuana a few feet from the tables. He was a kind of goth. I always admired Goths for having such guts to dress in all black and look so damn cool. I said a polite hello to him; his eyes were streaked with red eye shadow today, to which he barely nodded.

InuYasha frowned at Naraku, and I could already feel the dislike wafting off of him in tidal waves.

Naraku boldly stared back boredly at InuYasha and after a drag of his cigarette, looked back to the dancing crowd.

I had never actually heard Naraku speak, and it was a common belief that he was mute. I hardly thought so, he seemed to capable to be mute. So I kept the belief that he could speak fine, but chose to keep the intimidating silence around him.

I helped myself to some punch, and InuYasha whispered to me as he handed me a cup: "That guy reeks. It's making me feel kinda dizzy..."He said irritated.

"You go wait over there where the smell won't bother you, and I'll get you something to drink, okay?" I suggested. He nodded reluctantly, but didn't make a move.

"Don't worry InuYasha," I added, "I know Naraku. He...He's in my Home Ec cooking class."

InuYasha almost laughed, "He cooks? Like, what, to make a fix??" He sniggered.

"InuYasha..." I warned. I didn't want him to get into a fight.

"Okay, okay, I'm going already."

I chugged down several cups of punch and I was still thirsty. I filled about seven more cups and emptied them through my dry throat. As I finished my sixteenth cup, I was beginning to feel a little weird. I shook my head to clear the fogginess, and spooned another cup for InuYasha. I decided it must be because I was dehydrated, so even though I wasn't still totally thirsty, I drank three more cups of punch; the bowl was looking a little empty, and filled one more cup for me and headed over to InuYasha.

"Hey," I said groggily. I shook my head again, and drank down my last punch cup slowly.

"You okay?" InuYasha asked quizzically, taking his cup. Seeing my wobble of a walk must've been questioning.

"Yeah..." I slurred, "Fiine..." I giggled.

InuYasha was about to say something, when I heard Hojou on the overhead speakers.

"Attention, everyone! Welcome to the dance!" He chirped into the microphone.

Why did I have the feeling he should've said that at the beginning of the dance?

He continued, "Now we will be having a little karaoke! We have some people who signed up to sing already, but the rest will be improvised!" He smiled widely.

"Now, first up is..." Hojou glanced at the Karaoke sign-up sheet. "Asanuma KIKYOU!!"

Silence.

"Uh..." Hojou stammered, "Is Kikyou not here tonight?"

Kagura called up an answer, "She came upon some trouble and had to leave early!"

"Oh," said Hojou dumbly, "I..guess we'll go to the second singer! Um..." He consulted

the paper yet again.

"Ebisawa MIROKU!"

He sighed. "He not here either?"

InuYasha yelled, "He wasn't in class today, stupid!"

Hojou, evidently hurt, turned back to the paper yet again.

"Um...Furusawa Sango?"

"Nope!" I called up.

"Okay..." He sighed again, "Hatayama Ayame!"

Applause. Finally one of the volunteers was actually present.

I knew I came next, and told InuYasha so.

My words were slurring and I felt a little foggy, but incredibly happy.

There was a big silly smile on my face, and for some reason I didn't feel happy about anything in particular, just happy.

"Uh, Kagome," InuYasha said unsurely, "You sure you can do it? You have a ...strange look on your face..."

"Aheehee...don't joke InuYasha," I slapped his arm jokingly, "I can do it fine." I stumbled over my own feet, and he caught me.

"See? You look kind of...drunk."

"Nonsense, InuYasha," I waved him away and leaned against the wall, my face still bright and happy looking, "My singing will blow you away." I giggled.

Ayame finished her song, and reddened, she stepped down. I prepared myself, handing my empty cup to InuYasha for safekeeping.

"Higurashi KAGOME!" Hojou said my name much more happily than the previous, and I smiled and waved as I walked, or rather, wobbled, up to the stage.

I walked over unsurely to Hojou who looked a little puzzled at my behavior. I wasn't even embarrassed walking up on the stage in front of everybody.

I whispered the song name to Hojou, who nodded, and prepared it. I noticed Kouga walk in from the side gymnasium door, and I couldn't keep the smile off my face.

As the beginning of my song started, I turned to face Kouga; keep eye contact with him, and began to sing.



A/N: Whew! Okay, 11 pages! Wow, a new record for me! Now please review everybody! You all are so cool!! T-T Yay! Okay please review and see you all tomorrow!

Song Titles, so you can download some really cool songs and listen to them as you read this!

Angelic Layer - Ameagari

Cool Joke - UNDO

Closure - Look Out Below

PIERROT (Get Backers) - Barairo no Sekai

Ja ne.

-Katana