InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mourning of the Bloody Valentine ❯ Liquored ( Chapter 18 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A/N: Hello! Thanks for all the great reviews, and yes, Kagome drank 19 cups of spiked punch. And I bet you're all just DYING to know what she goes and does?

Typical. Don't worry; I'm starting already, alright?



Mourning of the Bloody Valentine


Chapter Eighteen : Liquored


I opened my weird smelling mouth; my tongue felt and tasted a little fuzzy, and began, in a cracking voice, my song.

Let's talk this over
It's not like we're dead
Was it something I did?
Was it something You said?
Don't leave me hanging
In a city so dead
Held up so high
On such a breakable thread

I purposefully looked at Kouga, glancing at him from time to time; I turned and smiled reassuringly at InuYasha too. I was feeling kind of woozy, and staggered about the stage a bit, but sang almost shyly.


You were all the things I thought I knew
And I thought we could be

You were everything, everything that I wanted
We were meant to be, supposed to be, but we lost it
And all of the memories, so close to me, just fade away
All this time you were pretending
So much for my happy ending
Oh oh, oh oh, oh oh...

During the chorus I had really gotten into the lyrics and I didn't realize I was belting out the song, sounding just like a rock queen, Kouga looking puzzled and InuYasha chuckling at the back of the room. I looked right at Kouga as I sang the next parts that I had practiced with such feeling in my room facing the mirror, my hairbrush the microphone.


You've got your dumb friends
I know what they say
They tell you I'm difficult
But so are they
But they don't know me
Do they even know you?
All the things you hide from me
All the shit that you do

You were all the things I thought I knew
And I thought we could be

I was staring at Kouga the whole time, singing loudly, waving my arms like some gangster rapper and pointing at Kouga accusingly. My leg moved to the music, just like all those singers on Japanese Idol I used to love to watch.


You were everything, everything that I wanted
We were meant to be, supposed to be, but we lost it
And all of the memories, so close to me, just fade away
All this time you were pretending
So much for my happy ending
Oh oh, oh oh, oh oh...

I sang spitefully, practically singing my anger at Kouga, who was stupefied to my front left. I could see InuYasha's grin of approval and slight jealousy to my right. He was probably a little envious that I wasn't singing a rocking love song to him. Maybe I would, someday. If I ever got drunk enough to start rocking up there.


It's nice to know that you were there
Thanks for acting like you cared
And making me feel like I was the only one
It's nice to know we had it all
Thanks for watching as I fall
And letting me know we were done

He was everything, everything that I wanted
We were meant to be, supposed to be, but we lost it
And all of the memories, so close to me, just fade away
All this time you were pretending
So much for my happy ending
Oh oh, oh oh, oh oh...

I took a final breath for the last chorus of the song. I tripped with a light squeak, and fell on my butt, but managed to keep singing with a giggle.


You were everything, everything that I wanted
We were meant to be, supposed to be, but we lost it
And all of the memories, so close to me, just fade away
All this time you were pretending
So much for my happy ending
Oh oh, oh oh, oh oh...


Oh oh, oh oh, oh oh...
So much for my happy ending

Oh oh, oh oh, oh oh...

The room was silent for a moment, and everyone began applauding. I giggled fitfully, and I could see InuYasha's barely interested face in the back.

I jumped down from the stage, waving to my fans like a maniac. Kouga seemed stunned in the corner, and walked numbly out ten minutes later.

I skipped up to InuYasha and gave him a sensual kiss on the lips; a surprise to him, especially with everyone clapping and watching. I then shakily wrapped and arm around his waist, and winked and waved to the crowd.

"Call me!" I called out, winking at the gaping boys in the corner. I made a revolving `hang loose' sign with my thumb and pinkie, the rest of my fingers tucked in.

I vaguely remember Hojou calling out, "And that was Kagome Higurashi!" He was smiling proudly, although puzzled. I hardly remember who was next up for karaoke, and I kind of leaned heavily against InuYasha when my vision began to spin.

"Inu...Yasha..." I whispered, my mind felt like a top, spinning into a relieved abyss.

"Kagome? What's wrong?" InuYasha licked his lips, as it suddenly dawned on him, "You-You're drunk!"

"What?" I answered groggily, "No...nonsense, InuYasha," I tried to wave him off, but I fell against him, "I'm not...not...dru...nk..." I fell asleep on his shoulder.

InuYasha sighed. Maybe the Make-Kagome-rip-roaring-drunk-while-trying-to-have-sex-with-her plan would never work...



A/N: Okay thanks everybody, I decided that since my last two chapters were so long, this one could be a little shorter. After all, it IS 5 pages. but you know. Oh well, thanks anyway guys! Please review! (nicely)


Ja ne.

-Katana