InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mourning of the Bloody Valentine ❯ Belief ( Chapter 21 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A/N: Hey peoples! How have my lovely reviewers been? Braces are sooo sore! -cries- oh well, I have a story to write and my teeth aren't going to stop me!! Huahahahahaha! Now, thanks for all the reviews, and I don't own InuYasha so blah blah. Actually I noticed I write so much more fluff recently, I should be putting more plot back in it. Meh...maybe tomorrow. I'll do it tomorrow. My classic line. Okay I'm not in a cheery mood so I I will take a short break before I start up.

-later-

Okay I think I'm feeling slightly better now, so I'll start!



Mourning of the Bloody Valentine


Chapter Twenty-One : Belief


I slept for about 45 minutes more, when InuYasha woke me up to tell me it was almost 11:30, and my curfew was 12. I nodded, my head was in a spin and my legs felt like rubber. I latched onto InuYasha's arm, seeing as I could barely get up from the chair let alone walk home, Kouga had had a car but it was obvious he wouldn't really want to drive me home; especially after what I pulled.

I looked up, half-awake, at InuYasha and asked stupidly, "How are we gonna g'home?" I was still very drunk, falling this way and that like a slinky that had been just unwrapped.

InuYasha smiled, 19 cups of spiked punch was obviously what I had not planned for my first dance with him; and he wrapped his arm around my shoulders as I held onto his middle. Never had high heels been so undependable. They let me fall this way and that, I was sure I'd have broken a bone, or at least torn a ligament and then make InuYasha carry me home. I looked at InuYasha peculiarly as he pulled up his skateboard, it looked pretty new, but used.

I looked at him quizzically, and said goofily, "That's not a car, In'Yasha."

He grinned at me and held me tighter, "I know, Kagome, but it's the closest thing to one that I've got, so thank your lucky stars, girl."

I frowned, and looked up to the heavens, which felt like they were spinning so fast they'd fall on me sooner than later.

"Thanks...I guess?" I said to the stars, and looking at InuYasha questioningly, I pointed and said:

"What's that big shiny thing In'Yasha? Who'sup there? Izit a fwashlight?" My head lolled around onto his shoulder.

He pointed as well, his arm holding mine as he pointed. He stated matter-of-factly:

"Kagome...That's the moon."

"Oh."

"Mmhm." He took off my heels and began to lift me onto the skateboard easily.

"Ish so pretty." My face softened looking at it, and I grinned sheepishly, "I'm not sober, wite, In'Yasha? I'm so stupid..." I hung onto him as he positioned himself on the skateboard, and he slung my heels straps around my wrist, and held me as he began to push us forward. I squeaked as I looked at the ground, seeing the gravel and cement sidewalk pass quickly.

He kept one foot on his skateboard, the other pushed us onwards, and my bare feet were right next to his. He held me tight, and I closed my eyes in his blood red shirt, my skirt flying up slightly, but not enough to show my panties. I breathed in his smell, he smelled so clean. Like...laundry flying in the breeze, just like in those Bounce commercials. I leaned on him, and InuYasha smiled down at me, my hair blowing thickly in soft waves around my face. He kissed the top of my head, on my hair, and I could feel him sniffing my head.

"Do I shmell good?" I asked sleepily.

"You always smell good, Kagome. Even if you ran through a pile of dung on Fear Factor, you'd always smell delicious to me..." He pretended trying to eat my hair and head, to which I laughed happily.

He pushed us on, and I asked, "What do I smell like?"

He thought for a minute. "Well, just like...Kagome. I could recognize your scent anywhere."

I looked up, my eyes half lidded, "Even on Fear Factor?"

He smiled back down, sniffing my hair again. "You bet."

He was silent for a while; then said finally, "You smell like...a little like jasmine and your scent."

I said proudly, "I don't wear perfume cuz I know it hurts ya nose."

He smiled in reply.

As we were crossing the street on the little four wheels we had, we noticed Kouga driving his black BMW past us, sneering at us.

"Bastard..." whispered InuYasha to me. I `mmh'ed in response; I felt so tired that I could barely speak without it all slurring to a mere noise.

"Will ya...eva forgive `im, `Yasha?" I half-whined.

"...No."

"You should...iz what Buddha would want..." I smiled as InuYasha chuckled.

"Well lucky for me I'm not Buddhist, now huh, Kagome?"

"You should do it for Miroku n' Sango, den."

"I bet he killed them, that fucker."

"Dan do it for me, In'Yasha?" I looked up at him begging.

"I...I don't know." For the first time since I had met him, InuYasha was hesitating to promise something to me. After I had asked, too. He always said yes, no matter how difficult his side of the promise would be.

"Please? InuYasha?" I looked straight up at him and actually said his name correctly and forcefully.

"Okay." He said sullenly. He sighed tiredly and readjusted his arms slightly, still holding me gently.

After a brief silence, I could tell he didn't want to, and when I wasn't there, he'd not fulfill the promise. I said up to him seriously, for once; "InuYasha...You'd sacrifice anything for me." It was supposed to be a question, but I was so sure of it that it came out as more of a comment.

"My life." He said nodding solemnly.

"And for that, I love you..." After half a millisecond, he was about to reply, I cut him off, "Don't say Ditto."

"D-Okay..." Blinked for a second and replied, "Then I guess I must love you, huh?"

"You'd better believe it."

We arrived at my house/shrine fairly quickly. He smiled at me, and helping me put my shoes back on, he helped me into the house. I went up the stairs myself, telling him that my Mom would really wonder if I went out with one man and came home with another. He kissed me gently good night, and still blushing and smiling drunkenly, I waved goodbye and stepped in the house. InuYasha stood there, facing me, his hands in his pockets, nodded a goodbye and walked off, his hair swaying as he walked.

I went to bed after telling Mom I was home, but something kept bothering me. InuYasha had just said `okay' and not `I promise to forgive him'. I sighed and fell asleep.

I didn't notice InuYasha sitting in the Goshinboku tree staring at me. When he heard my even breaths, he took off, skateboard tied to his back. He stood in the middle of the deserted road, sniffing suspiciously. And took off in the direction I remember as the way Kouga had taken home.



A/N: Yay! It's done! And I finished it so early in the morning! Its only 12:10 in the afternoon! Yay! I know, I know, no applause please. I know I'm awesome. -poses like Alex Louis Armstrong from Full Metal Alchemist- Hehe! Okay now please review! No flames please, because I made the story this way and this is exactly how it should be turned out as. So please review!


Ja ne.


-Katana