InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mourning of the Bloody Valentine ❯ Family Ties ( Chapter 30 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A/N: Hey guys! Did anybody want to join my C2 group? Just tell me your email and ill send you the activation mail! Anybody, anybody at all! (well, as long as you are as obsessed over InuYasha as i...) Okay, I guess some people are confused as to how SHIPPO dragged a limp Kagome all the way to a van and sped off. Well, all your questions will be answered in this chapter and the next. Besides, we all KNOW that InuYasha is gonna go save her, right? It's a given! Also, I have a bad cold so please excuse me if my writing is terrible or stuff doesn't make sense or if it doesn't flow or what not. My mind just goes through things quicker than I have time to type them out and my fingers are slow, so be easy on me!

Wow, so we're finally on Chapter 30! I had only thought that it might be 25 but I'm hoping to end this pretty soon. REALLY great if I can stretch it out until 40 chapters or whatever. That'd be nice. Okay, I'll get typing then!


Mourning of the Bloody Valentine


Chapter Thirty : Family Ties


I opened my eyes groggily. My eyes felt so heavy. I finally opened them totally, and I noticed I was in some kind of warehouse. I wasn't quite sure if it was a basement, or storage room, but it all came flooding back a few seconds later, in a big rush. Shippo. I looked around, but then discovered I was tied up. Well, no surprise there, I suppose. I HAD been kidnapped and all. But I knew it hadn't been just Shippo who dragged me into the nylon-smelling van. And speaking of the little devil himself, he was cuddled, not all that comfortably, in one dank corner not too far from where I sat/slouched.

"Shippo?" I croaked. Chloroform does not do wonders for my throat.

"Kagome-mama." Even though the term was endearing, the way he said it was flat and emotionless. He knew he had betrayed me.

"Who?" I cleared my throat, the fading gray cloud of chemicals beginning to make way for my logical thoughts again.

"I'm sorry." Shippo said sadly, clutching a little toy closer to his chest. It looked like some kind of rag doll, and right then, I forgave him. I just didn't have it in me to get mad at him. Whatever he did, he didn't do because he wanted to. Only because someone else was forcing him to. Now the question was, who was that person?

I shook my head at get rid of that stupid fog that was making me feel nauseous and numb.

"Shippo..." I coughed, "Where are we?" I sniffled. Was I in for a good chest cold now or what.

"In his house." Was his short reply.

"Whose?" I said somewhat sleepily. My nose was stuffed, my throat practically clogged and my voice scratchy and cracking at every possible syllable.

"Mine," a slightly nasally voice said. I tried to look up, but the room was dark. He leaned forward over me, a slight smile on his face.


"I have to go save her, bastard!!" yelled an outraged InuYasha, trying to make for the highway, but being held back like an untrained dog by Miroku.

"Yes, yes, InuYasha, we know." Sighed the shivering Miroku.

"InuYasha, I believe it would be wiser to go and prepare ourselves before gallivanting off." Sango added; her arms wrapped around herself to keep warm.

The night was surprisingly cold, and InuYasha could've been in Alaska and not felt a thing. The others, however, were not so keen.

"NO! She could be getting...RAPED by now! We! Have! To! GO!" Each yell was accentuated by a sharp tug he made against Miroku, who was stopping him.

"Just let us get some jackets and boots and something to protect ourselves." Miroku said evenly, he had had experience with angry Hanyous before.

"Yes," implored Sango, "I can grab Hiraikotsu and beat the shit out of whoever took Kagome." She looked to InuYasha carefully, "Please?"

InuYasha stopped his struggling and paused. "Okay..." he mumbled.


He leaned over me and brushed aside some stray hair from my face. I flinched at his touch. He backed away, as if hurt.

"Kagome...I can't believe your actually go with that dog-turd."

I frowned in amazement. "KOUGA? Is that you?!"

He laughed, and shook his head. "I didn't know that calling InuYasha dog crap was Kouga's trademark."

I narrowed my eyes, "Who are you then?" My vision blurred for a second, then came back in focus. The drug was still strongly in my system.

He stepped forward into the dim overhanging light, and I squinted at his face before recognizing it.

"Hachi?" I asked doubtfully.

"Yes, Kagome." He smiled.

Shippo whimpered, and I immediately looked over to him. Then my slow brain seemed to finally figure it out.

"Why do you have Shippo?" I asked cautiously.

He chuckled, and sat down in a nearby wooden chair. "The runt...hm, well, I found him a while ago, and I took him in. Poor, little boy, hm?"

I knew he was trying to play that sympathy game with me, you know, pull the wool over the eyes, but mine were wide open.

He continued dramatically, "The poor thing's parents had been killed during a tragic run-in with a Yakuza gang. I saved his life you know." He boasted proudly to me.

"Uh huh." I definitely wasn't buying this BS. And not Britney Spears.

Shippo made a little noise, somewhere between a squeak and a whimper, and he scooted over to me, and rested his head against my stiffly drugged shoulder.

"And," Hachi added slowly, "Since I took him in, I'm practically like a father to him." He smiled, "And now that you're here, Kagome-mama, we'll finally be a happy family."


A/N: Okay, thanks for putting up with me! This is 5 pages after all... -blows nose on Kleenex and adds it to heap of already used Kleenex- I hate colds. Sorry if my chapter was hastily put together, but its only cuz I didn't want to leave you all stranded, I hate it when authors do that, and im sorry if its not a good chapter, I'm sick, for goodness sake! Leave the poor ill child alone! -coughs pathetically-. Okay, please review! You'll make me feel better! Thanks!


Ja ne.


-Katana.