InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mourning of the Bloody Valentine ❯ Scented Fool ( Chapter 32 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A/N: Hi again! Sorry I took an extra day off, I had a heap of homework and then my computer literally died, and EVERYTHING I ever wrote before, which was in my folder, was deleted. So now I'm going to save everything on a floppy and be smart!

 

Okay, one second, I want to save the rest of my story; all the previous chapters from fanfiction.net onto my disk.

~later~

Okay, it's all done!

 

I'll start up typing now…

 

 

Mourning of the Bloody Valentine

 

Chapter Thirty-Two : Scented Fool

 

I pushed back farther against the sturdy cement wall that kept me from escape, and leaned my head as far away from his smelly breath as humanly possible. I swallowed strongly, and mentally told myself to be brave.

Hachi leaned forward now, "Kagome…I have something to show you."

I closed my eyes.

 

 

InuYasha opened his eyes, sniffing slowly around the end of the street.

 

"She's here." He said slowly, which was definitely the most dangerous type of mood for a Hanyou.

Sango and Miroku nodded slowly and kept closely together. InuYasha signaled them with his hand over and they headed towards the door.

InuYasha stopped against the door and tuned his sensitive ear into the noises inside. Nothing. They must be downstairs. He kicked open the door with brute force only caused by his anger, and he stormed in, and after another a quick sniff, searched the room for the staircase and took it downstairs.

Sango and Miroku followed behind, carefully, they didn't want a crazed Hachi jumping out of nowhere all of a sudden.

They finally reached the basement, and Sango searched the other rooms while Miroku kept a lookout from the stairs, and InuYasha followed Kagome's faint scent.

 

InuYasha entered a room. It smelled terrible. And whatever the stench was coming from, it was strong. The pungent reek that attacked his nose made him feel slightly dizzy from the sheer proximity. He looked around slowly, his nose trying to latch onto her scent. Then InuYasha saw Kagome lying, or leaning on the cement floor, out cold, presumably.

He rushed over, and gave her a quick once-over, and reached over to shake her awake.

 

"Kagome?" he said softly. Her eyes rolled in their sockets, and then fluttered open.

 

"Inu…Yasha?" she whimpered.

 

"Yeah. I-I'm here." He said, trying to comfort her.

 

She leapt into his arms, or as best as she could, seeing as her arms and legs were tied savagely with thickly knotted rope.

InuYasha held her gently, stopping himself from crushing her in an anxious embrace. He sliced the rope cleanly with his claws and holding her more tightly. She returned the embrace, but seemed a little…limp. `It must be the drug that made her weaker like this,' thought InuYasha. The putrid stink was ever strong and attaching itself to his clothes. Kagome already reeked of it.

 

"InuYasha…I was so scared…" she mumbled into his chest, her voice sounded a little hoarse.

InuYasha mumbled some consoling words, trying to cheer her up, even though the hope of that in such a situation was bleak.

 

 

Sango and Miroku jogged in then, and saw Kagome in InuYasha's arms and asked her slowly, "Where's Hachi, Kagome? Where'd he go?"

 

She looked up, bewildered, "Hachi?" Her voice cracked and she croaked it out.

 

InuYasha gave Sango and Miroku a glance that most certainly meant that they should take Kagome home now and find Hachi and dispose of him later.

 

He turned back to Kagome: "Come on, Kagome, come home with me."

 

To their surprise, she frowned. "Home?" she said dazedly.

 

"Yeah…"InuYasha replied worriedly, "Are you okay? Did you get hit on the head or anything?" he was about to check her over personally for wounds, but she pushed his hands away.

"InuYasha…" she grumbled, her voice low in her throat, "No. I don't…want…to go home…" she said lowly.

 

"Not home?" InuYasha asked, questioningly, "You want to go somewhere else. Right? Somewhere safer…" He said sadly, he knew he had, in a way, let her down.

 

"I mean…" she barely whispered, "I don't want…to go anywhere…with YOU."

 

InuYasha was mostly blown away. What did she mean, not with him? Did she feel unsafe with him? Like she was afraid of him? Had she…found out exactly how he killed Kouga? Did she know? But, mostly…why?

 

"Kagome, you're imagining things. You were just drugged out, so…" InuYasha tried to cover up the pained look on his young face, failing miserably.

 

She pushed him away entirely and slid herself farther away. "No. I…I'm fine. But, now I know…" she whispered.

 

"Know what?" piped up Sango.

 

"How…InuYasha killed…Kouga." She mumbled. Then she looked right up at InuYasha with a fear in her eyes. "You…are…a demon, InuYasha…I'm…human. It…it won't work. No matter how…hard we try…neither of us…will fit in." She said quietly, her voice barely audible.

 

InuYasha took a sharp intake of air, and in the stinky silence you could practically hear his heart break.

"Kagome," he whispered sadly, "So…that's it, huh."

 

She nodded slowly, "It is."

 

InuYasha stood up and turned away. He chuckled grimly to himself, shaking his head regretfully.

 

Sango and Miroku looked at him sympathizing, but also slightly questioning.

 

InuYasha suddenly whirled around, and pulling out one knife from his belt loop, he stabbed it in Kagome's chest. He had dropped to a kneel, his eyes closed.

 

Sango gasped, and as she was about to rush forward, Miroku grabbed her wrist, mouthing `no'. She flung herself at his shoulder, and cried quietly.

 

InuYasha stood, bloodied hands, as Kagome's hands reached out to him.

"InuYasha…you knew…" her voice was cracking and sounded strained as blood filled her mouth.

 

He smirked in the corner of his mouth, and turned to Kagome.

 

"Don't you think that's enough…Kikyou?" he said meaningfully.

 

Kikyou gave a small smile, and Sango gasped again. Kikyou touched the blade protruding from her breast and dislodged it with a cry of pain.

"InuYasha…she and you…it won't work. You…should have…gone…to…me." She wheezed her last and slumped, lifeless to one corner, eyes closed.

Miroku released Sango and she looked at InuYasha confused.

 

"Cmon, guys. We have to go find Kagome." Was all InuYasha said, bitterly, but they all knew that Hachi had outsmarted them that time.

InuYasha went back out in the hall again, and while Sango dried her eyes, Miroku took a closer look at Kikyou's corpse.

 

"Damn…I really thought it was her." Miroku said quietly.

 

"Yeah," sighed Sango. "I knew…that Kagome would never say such things, but I…I was fooled as well."

 

InuYasha rushed back in the room, saying to both of them breathlessly:

 

"I caught her scent."

 

 

 

A/N: Hahahahahaa! Being away has made me want to make this story longer! Good. Okay…everyone I have a crush! Teehee! He's in my high school science class. He sits in front of me, and even though he's not the hottest in the school, I wouldn't want him to be, then he'd be hard to approach, but he's very funny and cool! I don't want to say his name just in case. Okay…well PLEASE REVIEW! C YA!

 

Ja ne.

 

-Katana