InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mourning of the Bloody Valentine ❯ Internally Relocated ( Chapter 33 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A/N: Hey! Thanks for waiting the extra week, guys! Well, at least I got a couple more reviews for the wait, but I'm kind of down lately, but I'll try not to let that leak into my story! Sigh. Okay, I'll get started.

 

 

Mourning of the Bloody Valentine

Chapter Thirty-Three : Internally Relocated

 

Hachi dragged Shippo and the barely-conscious me into a house. It seemed dully familiar, and I frowned at the supposed memory that refused to surface in my mind.

I couldn't seem to remember, so I mentally shrugged just as the gas that had poisoned me had a relapse and put me out cold. The last thing I heard Hachi say was, "Kagome. InuYasha won't come."

 

 

InuYasha sneezed into the chilly night air and cursed. Damn Hachi, getting away like that. Sango and Miroku weren't shivering as much, but InuYasha was definitely feeling the fall-out of rushing thoughtlessly. Kagome's scent was beginning to diminish; there was something that was in her system. He could smell the foul stench consuming her soft smell, and it frustrated him that he couldn't stop it. And even if she was in his arms now, which he hoped with all his heart; he wasn't sure if he knew how to heal her from the stuff Hachi must have knocked her out with.

Sango and Miroku had felt the slight edge of a smell in the area, and at first had hesitated to ask InuYasha what it was.

Miroku finally took a stand. Somewhat. "Um, InuYasha…you have a great sense of smell, do you not?"

 

"What is it NOW, Miroku!" InuYasha snapped angrily at his friend.

Sango intervened, "InuYasha, we've caught the smell of something foul. So, whatever it is, it must be getting stronger than Kagome's scent, isn't it?"

 

InuYasha looked at her, and if Sango looked close enough, she could tell that behind the hardened glare of InuYasha, there was something beneath, and through his eyes shone the loneliness and shame as if he'd already lost Kagome. Permanently.

 

"InuYasha…" Sango said softly, looking at him worriedly, "What is it you're not telling us?" She spoke gently, so InuYasha wouldn't feel the guilt that was already beginning to form behind his eyes.

 

He was silent for a moment and then looked away. Sango and Miroku decided that was a good cue to shut up, but InuYasha spoke.

"Kagome…her scent is being…over taken by that foul smell. I don't know what it is, but it's polluting her."

 

Miroku spoke up bravely, "Can we save her?"

 

InuYasha sighed. "Whatever it is, it's taking over fast."

 

"Can we save her?" Miroku repeated meaningfully.

 

"I don't know!" snapped InuYasha again. He sighed mournfully, "I don't know."

 

 

 

My mind was cloudy, but my body seemed to be moving fine, since I could see myself moving, slowly, but surely towards a door.

My limbs felt heavy, and I panicked for a second, knowing I couldn't control my body anymore. In my sweaty hand I held a stack of ofudas that could seal the house. I knew this house. I knew it. But…I couldn't remember. I couldn't remember anything at all. Just…feelings. The feelings of my slow limbs moving of their own accord, my mind slowly registering to the fact I wasn't in control anymore. And, I knew, if I wasn't controlling this body of mine, somebody was, and I, was trapped in my own mind.

 

 

 

Sango sighed; they had been walking for an hour, the night wasn't getting any better, the stench still latched onto their noses, and InuYasha looked downcast.

Miroku slowly reached out his hand for hers.

Sango couldn't help but smile. At least he wasn't trying anything queer. She took hold of his hand, and they walked solemnly after the brooding InuYasha.

 

InuYasha was aware that the two behind him were in mental pain too, but couldn't they hold hands or whatever in the bedroom or whatever? Kagome was the priority now! HE wasn't holding hands with someone, was he? Because he was going to save the only girl whose hand did not recoil when looking at him, instead, reaching out to him. She was the only girl whose hand felt right in his hand. Not that he'd had experience with hand holding, he'd never done it to anyone except his mother when he was still a pup, and here he was willing to give up everything he had just to be able to hold her hand one last time, and look into her open, deep eyes, and be able to tell her the truth. Stripped of lies, or anger, or trying to prove himself like all those other times he'd told her those three words: I love you.

 

 

 

Shippo sat in the corner, detached, and staring, shaking as he watched Kagome, whose eyes were wide and shocked as her body moved as Hachi ordered. She probably couldn't hear the things he was saying. Though her hands, legs, and body could. Anything he wanted her to do, she'd, although stiffly; comply to immediately.

Shippo was worried. It was his fault. But the last time Kagome had had a hold on consciousness she'd told him that she was his son, and she didn't care. Sure, of course she cared, but she'd give it up as long as Shippo knew it was okay. So that he'd know that there WERE people out in the world who trusted him and he could trust back. And Kagome had openly displayed that. And when chance, came, no matter how little he could help, he'd save Kagome.

 

 

I was internally crying for help, pounding on the walls of my own mind that held me from stopping myself. And I wanted to go back. Back to school, even back to Kouga if I could. But in my heart, I knew even through all this pain, InuYasha was worth it. Heck, if I made it through this, it'd definitely be worth all this right? I curled up, locked tight in my head, and cried. That's when I placed the last ofuda on the last window; that my body slumped. I mentally stood. Was my body doing my will? No, it kept falling, and soon I could tell I was on the floor. Hachi came along; I could barely see him through my cloudy retinas.

"Kagome." I heard him murmur.

 

I screamed at him demanding what he'd done to me, but my lips did not move.

 

He must have known that I was definitely angry, and he leaned over me, and spoke quietly, "Kagome. You're now in a vegetative state. I made you put the last ofudas on before InuYasha comes and before your body would shut down completely."

He chuckled. My facial expression stayed the same. I could only blink. And that with a bit of an effort.

"Kagome, I used gas to lock you inside your mind. You, are officially in a comatose condition. I doubt you'll be able to do anything at all. Which is convenient for me; I always wanted you to need me, to depend your every breath on me. I want you to want me. And now that you know, so you can just accept it, dearest. My love is overpowering, Kagome, and you, with your fiery spirit, I wanted to quell it. And now, I have."

 

Shippo let out a shocked squeak. Hachi turned to him. "And, Shippo will take care of you as well. It will be tough, and to communicate, I want to you to blink once or twice for specific reasons. Now that that's all settled, I must prepare for when InuYasha will arrive."

After a quick nod and a peck on my cheek, he stood slightly shaking; he was kind of plump, and walked gingerly out of the room.

 

 

 

InuYasha reached the house ahead, and let out a sigh of relief. The smell had sort of died down a little, he could just make out Kagome's scent, and he knew, she was alive. But her scent had changed. Like a corpse. But, yet, still alive. Which frightened him. What had Hachi done to her?

 

 

Sango released Miroku's hand as they walked closer into the house that held Kagome.

Miroku stopped, and called to InuYasha, "InuYasha! Do not step near the house! It is perilous!"

 

"I'm gonna save her." InuYasha replied blandly, right now he couldn't care less.

 

InuYasha rushed up to the house, snarling as he could pick up the ghastly scent of Hachi and that traitorous pup, Shippo. He lashed out a claw towards the door.

 

 

"NO!" yelled Miroku. InuYasha didn't know that…that…the house…it wasn't just any house…

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Yay! I feel better that I was able to do something and update finally. I am sorry for the wait and hope you're not getting bored out of your skull and forgetting all about my story and stuff. Okay, PLEASE REVIEW!

 

Ja ne.

-Katana