InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Moving On ❯ Interference and Explanations ( Chapter 15 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Okay Shiori is the half demon in the series that Inuyasha and the gang meet when he is trying to break a barrier. Her grandfather used her. Just to let you know. Please Review I don't care what you say, just do it. Thanks.
 
 
 
Disclaimer: See other chapters.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Kagome stood there for a while then she checked Sango's expression. She handed Kagome her shoes and her dance bag, “Go after him. You know Anna she might need you.” Sango stated grimly.
 
 
Kagome stared, “I didn't know he was dealing with her. He said nothing about dealing with our old friend.”
 
 
Rin tossed her keys to her, “He wanted to keep it secret I guess.”
 
 
“Did you know Sango?” she asked as she caught her keys deftly.
 
 
She reached into the bag and pulled on some street clothes.
 
 
Sango took her arm, leading her to the door, “I did know; Miroku told me months ago when she first came in. He said to let Inuyasha tell you.”
 
 
She nodded, “Okay will the class be okay?”
 
 
Sango assured her, “Rin will take your place.”
 
 
Rin blew her a kiss, “Good luck.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
*~*~*~*
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Inuyasha pressed the gas again, doing 80 on the back road to the police station. Miroku said he'd take his own car. He asked no questions. He met Shiori before the trial; Anna Atari was actually a friend of theirs. They agreed that they would keep it formal. Anna had gone to school with them and had gotten married after her lover of 2 years had proposed at prom. They had Shiori 9 months later.
 
 
Anna's lover was a bat demon; he was killed by the pack right after Shiori was born they waited until Shiori was 5 before they took her from her mother. That was where Inuyasha came in. They had worked for 3 months to get a trial for her. Inuyasha remembered his meeting with Shiori. She was very clever and sweet. It must be so hard for her.
 
 
His phone rang.
 
 
“Talk,” he snapped.
 
 
“Why the fuck did you not tell me?” an irritated voice responded.
 
 
Inuyasha knew who it was, and why she was mad. He didn't care it made him even angrier. He liked having control and he hated when people rocked it. Kagome's anger would have to wait. “Look I have other shit to deal with.”
 
 
He hung up.
 
 
 
 
 
*~*~*~*
 
 
 
 
 
“MOTHER FUCKER!” Kagome screamed for the 5th time, “How the fuck can he fucking hang up?!”
 
 
She pulled up to the police station, in black sweatpants and a white sweatshirt. She was mad as hell and worried about Anna. She would deal with Inuyasha later.
 
 
The station was a large 5 story building in the center of the city. She saw Inuyasha's Porsche parked and Miroku's BMW right next to it. She got out of the car and ran up the steps. She pushed open the glass double doors and almost ran head first into Anna Atari, “Kagome?” she said hesitantly.
 
 
“Yes it's me Anna.” Kagome responded.
 
 
The women hugged each other crying. Anna cupped Kagome's face, “You look the same.”
 
 
Kagome gave her the once over, she was a slim woman with an open face and amazing dark eyes. She still looked the same. “You do too.”
 
 
“What are you doing here?” she asked, leading her to a chair.
 
 
“Inuyasha failed to tell me that he was representing my friend.” Kagome informed her, “I wanted to see you. I'm sorry about Shiori.”
 
 
Tears came to her friend's eyes, “I am too. Kagome-”
 
 
Inuyasha walked through a back door with Miroku at his side. He glared as his eyes set on Kagome, “What the hell are you doing here?” he growled his eyes flashing.
 
 
Kagome glared right back unaffected by his anger, “Helping Anna,” she said defiantly.
 
 
Inuyasha looked at Anna ignoring Kagome, “They sent out a search party and Rioko has been contacted. They pulled him in for questioning since he is a suspect. All you can do now is go home and try to get rest.”
 
 
Anna shook her head, “No I want to be with the search party, I can help.”
 
 
Inuyasha opened his mouth to protest, but he saw that she had her jaw set stubbornly; there was no sense in arguing. “All right tell the Chief, I gave you my cell number. Tell me if anything happens.”
 
 
She smiled. “Thank you.”
 
 
Kagome hugged her again, “Be careful.”
 
 
Anna nodded, “I will; I just want find my baby.”
 
 
Inuyasha shook her hand, “Good luck.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
*~*~*~*
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“What the hell were you thinking Kagome?!” Inuyasha yelled.
 
 
Kagome slammed her fist on the bar in her kitchen. She and Inuyasha had a silent agreement not to yell until they were in private. He had followed her home and into her kitchen until he finally let loose.
 
 
“Well what the hell were you thinking?! Lying to me for 3 fucking months about your case?!” Kagome shouted back.
 
 
“I didn't lie!” Inuyasha thundered.
 
 
“It was lying by omission.” Kagome closed the distance between them glaring up into his face.
 
 
“God damn Kagome I was trying to protect you!” he ran a hand over his face.
 
 
“Bull shit! Inuyasha I am 23 not 13; I'm not that fragile kid anymore.” She shoved his shoulders.
 
 
He gripped her chin having not moved from her shove. “Why don't you get it? I love you and I have to protect you,” his voice was strained.
 
 
His eyes penetrated her and she soon wanted to move. He still did not let her go. Kagome pulled her face back but to no avail, “If you loved me so fucking much we would be together,” the tears choked in her throat the moment the words left her lips. “Please Inu, let me go.” she pleaded.
 
 
His golden eyes seared her soul, he wanted to make her understand something and he wasn't letting her go until she did. He picked her up and carried her over to the window seat. He pulled her into his lap, shushing her when she made a noise of protest.
 
 
Inuyasha pulled the blinds up. The light from the full moon made her hair glow. Kagome looked confused, “What?”
 
 
“Look, Kagome I am a half breed. You know everything about me I know everything about you. You were the first woman who saw me for me. I don't want to lose you. But I`m not ready to give all `the power' as you call it up. I want to protect you from myself.”
 
 
Kagome stared at him wordless. He held both her hands in his, gazing into her eyes and no matter how hard she tried she couldn't look away. She pulled back. “I don't want to be protected.” she whispered.
 
 
He released her hand and touched her face, “Kagome, that's too damn bad.”
 
 
 
Inuyasha's phone rang just then, snapping them out of their staring contest. Kagome moved away from him to let him take the call.
 
 
“Tashio,” he answered curtly.
 
 
The chief of police, Hiten was on the phone, “We found her; the family hired some one to bring her back to them so they could get out of the country.”
 
 
He shot up from his chair, “What is her condition?” he snapped.
 
 
“She's fine.” Hiten assured, “Just a little scared. Her mom is fine too. We'll have someone watch the house for the night just in case.”
 
 
“Good thanks a lot man,” Inuyasha sighed.
 
 
“Part of the job man.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I don't really like this chapter…. Something bugs me about it….whatever. Please review.