InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Moving On ❯ Dates and Drive-bys ( Chapter 18 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

 
 
 
Thank you all soooo much it felt so good to know ya'll read it and you like it.
 
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha.
 
 
Kagome looked in her mirror brushing her hair letting it all fall down her back. She and Koga were supposed to go to some new bar and restaurant down town. Her cell rang and she picked it up, “Hello?”
 
It was Sango, “Hey, what you up to,” she asked cheerfully.
 
“Going on a date with Koga,” she replied casually.
 
“Uh-oh what did Inuyasha have to say?”
 
“He went through the roof but we compromised.”
 
“Let me guess you told him to chill till something went wrong,” Sango predicted.
 
“How do you know?” Kagome was shocked.
 
“Well that's the only way to chill his ass out, since we were kids. It still leaves the possibility that he gets his way.”
 
“I'll tell you what happened when I get back.”
 
Sango giggled, “You better.”
 
They disconnected, and Kagome went back to brushing her hair. Thought of the date going wrong was crazy. Inuyasha would flip. And kill Koga. She didn't know which would be worse. She cringed at her reflection. Dressed in hip hugger flares and a grey v-neck shirt along with black heels, she looked sexy with out make-up unless you counted the clear flavored lip-gloss in her pocket. She made her way to the door since they opted to meet down town rather than him picking her up. She'd rather not have him know where she lived.
 
 
Inuyasha flipped at his brother and landed a kick in his chest, sending him flying into the padded wall behind him. Sesshomaru stopped just before he hit the wall and swiftly gave Inuyasha a right hook to the jaw. Inuyasha groaned and fell to the floor. Sesshomaru stood over him, “So are you glad father gave you the case?” he asked casually.
 
Inuyasha wiped the blood off with the back of his hand before lunging at his brother again, tackling him to the floor, “Yes, very,” he ground out.
 
Sesshomaru moved out of the hold, standing up dusting his hands off, “Why so aggressive, little brother? Bee in your bonnet?”
 
“She's on a date with Koga,” Inuyasha admitted.
 
“Okay, she as in Kagome, and why are you worrying? She is not yours,” he pointed out taking water from the fridge in the corner.
 
“Well I know that, but-” Inuyasha protested.
 
“But nothing! You think she's yours because you took her and you love her, Inuyasha you can't protect her all the damn time,” Sesshomaru drawled smugly.
 
Inuyasha opened his mouth to retort and shut it again. He picked up his t-shirt and left the dojo.
 
 
They met at the restaurant called Bentley's. Koga said that the owner owed him a favor. It was one of the most beautiful places Kagome had ever been. It was a large dome-like building with a glass roof. The inside was decorated like a garden with fountains and sweet smelling flowers all over.
 
“So Kagome what have you been up to these days,” Koga asked summoning for the check.
 
“I've just been working on my magazine trying to just chill out for a while. I know you've been doing well for yourself.” she replied.
 
A short man came to the table and handed Koga the check, “If you need anything else just give us a call, Mr. Wolfe,” he said in an oily voice.
 
They sat and talked for a while longer and then began to make their way to the parking deck. The sky was clear and the heat of summer wasn't all there yet. Kagome parked on the first level and Koga parked at the top. Kagome pulled her keys out, “Thank you for everything Koga-kun it was really nice.”
 
Koga smiled at her, “Anytime it was a pleasure.”
 
Kagome stood on tip-toe and gave him a kiss on the cheek. They exchanged goodbyes. He turned and walked away toward his car. Kagome sat in her car and watched him for a moment before turning her car on. She drove up the deck to the exit, getting cut off by a black SUV. She rolled her eyes, slowing down for the asshole, turned the corner and heard a yell and the crack of a gunshot split the air. She hit the brakes, “Oh my God, Koga.”
 
She drove about 20 more feet and was met by a bloody Koga on the ground holding his chest. Kagome grabbed her cell and dialed 911. “Yes this is Kagome Higurashi I am in the Bentley's parking deck, my friend was just shot in the chest in a drive by, and I need help!”
 
“Yes thank you we are sending help,” the calm voice replied.
 
She put the phone back in her pocket and threw her self out of her car locking it back. She was instantly at Koga's side, “Koga,” she urged, “I got help please hang on.”
 
“The bullet,” he ground out, “it's poison…”
 
Kagome's blood ran cold, “Koga please just hang on!” she begged.
 
 
 
A few minutes later Inuyasha got a call while in the shower. 50 Cent's “Best Friend” played. Inuyasha picked up the phone, “Yeah?”
 
Kagome's frantic voice answered, “Koga was shot…Inuyasha I am at the office will you come get me?”
 
“Are you okay?” he growled.
 
“Yes I am fine.”
 
“Good I'm coming.”
 
They hung up.