InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Rapist's Brother ❯ Best friends forever ( Chapter 9 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A/N: Redone June 9, 2010. Edited for grammar. Spelling, #s into numbers and Yuri/Yura's name.
Best Friends Forever
I got home from the therapy session with some comfort and a better mood. I turned on my phone for the first time in almost two days to have a ton of missed messages. I noticed my voice mail box was filled up from blocked numbers.
I typed in my password to my mailbox and had four missed messages.
"Message one: 'Kagome, its Sango. I'm glad to hear you're back home safe! I'm sure you're in a bunch of trouble but call me and tell me what happened'" I listened and decided I'd have to call her back eventually but she wasn't urgent. I deleted the message and went on to the next one.
"Message two: 'This is for Mrs. Higurashi, my name is Dr. Doodley and I am calling to have you schedule an appointment for your first pregnancy check up, please give me a call back at (555) 182-1494. Thank you'" I kept this message as saved and scribbled down to make a pregnancy appointment.
"Message three: 'Hey you little SLUT! How dare you ruin the rep of Sesshomaru, then you KILL him and now you're taking his brother. You better leave Inuyasha alone if you know what's good for you, bitch!'" I was a little shaken up by that message, her voice sounded familiar but I couldn't grasp who it was so I just deleted it.
"Message four:' Kags, its Inuyasha. Call me back'" I felt my heart skip a beat. He called me? Even though we just had a horrible night yesterday. I couldn't dial his number fast enough. I tried to calm myself down with each ring.
"Hello?" He answered.
"Inuyasha, it's me" I said. I could hear scrabbling on the other side of the phone and some breathing.
"You busy?" He asked.
"No, come pick me up" I said softly, he hung up which was weird cuz he usually at least says bye or something. I tried not to let his attitude hurt my feelings and this time I left a note for mom so that I wouldn't really be missing and then I waited on the porch for Inuyasha. Usually he would pull up and honk to get my attention, but he drove up silently this time. I walked slowly, the nervousness returning, and plopped into the car.
"Inuyasha…" I started, just saying his name making me weak all over. To see his long flowing mane, handsome face, and his amber eyes…they didn't strike fear in me as HIS did, but they gave me comfort. I don't know why but something about Inuyasha made me NEED him, and I never felt this way about any guy before.
"Wait, I gotta park somewhere first" He said, and his tone had a gruffness I never heard from him before. I sat back as patiently as I could but I felt like a little kid that wanted to open presents on Christmas. He drove to the Wal-Mart down the street from my house and we parked way in the back away from everyone.
"Look Kags, I got stuff I gotta say before you say anything. After this you'll never see me again. I shouldn't have taken advantage of you; I'm just as bad as Sess" Inuyasha said, he never once faced me during this short speech. I could feel my own face drop from what he said. How dare he think that? He meant more to me than anyone and he compared himself to that evil bastard that raped me.
"That's not true. You're nothing like him…I liked how it felt, I enjoyed what happened last night" I exclaimed. He couldn't honestly think that what we did last night is even comparable to what Sess did to me those months ago. It's not even the same.
"If you enjoyed it, then why did you cry wench?" Inuyasha snapped. But his face didn't have anger it in, it had shame, regret, and disappointment. He kept his eyes low and I couldn't tell but it looked like they were watering. I wanted to reach out and just touch him, just tell him that it's not true. I cried because I'm an overly emotional pregnant teen, not because he upset me.
"I didn't mean to cry. I just got…scared. I mean it happened so fast, and you…" I cut off. How can I explain that even know I know he is nothing like HIM, they still favor each other so much. I just for a minute lost track of where I was and what was happening.
"I what? Finish it Kagome" Inuyasha said his voice low.
"Well you look like him…and for a second I felt like I was back on that bathroom floor" I whispered.
"I can't help how I look" He commented. And I instantly felt guilty that I even said it. How could he control how he looked?
"I know! And I'm not blaming you, trust me. But you can't stop seeing me because of that; it'll hurt me too much to lose you. I've never felt this way about anyone, and I'm terrified of it" I confessed.
"It can't happen again, ever" He stressed. And I looked at him confused. Did he not want it happen again? Did last night mean nothing? I KISSED him for crying out loud, if I didn't want him then why would I go there?
"What if I want it to happen again?" I questioned. Inuyasha's face tensed.
"Damn it Kagome. I won't let it happen again" He slammed his hands against the steering wheel and I was afraid he was gonna snap at me but he never did.
"Why? Why are you so afraid of us being close?" I asked.
"I don't want you to become Kikyo, ok? If we can't just be friends then we can't hang anymore" He said. I wondered who this Kikyo girl is. She's definitely not someone at Shikon High.
"Fine, just friends" I agreed weakly. That wasn't what I wanted but having Inuyasha as a friend is better than not having him at all.
Inuyasha's cell started vibrating and ringing in his pocket. He automatically reached for it and answered.
"Hey pops, yeah I'm just out picking up some grub. I'll be home in twenty…bye" He hung up. He glanced over at me and I understood what that meant. He had to drop me off and then go home.
"Don't worry about me, just take me home" I said, because he wasn't sure if the conversation was over. No I didn't want it to be…but unless he's gonna tell me he feels the same way I think I do, I don't want to hear anything else.